I wished that Blessed and Insured items STAYED in their inside containers upon resurrecting....

2»

Comments

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Marge said:
    People get so dramatic about riding in the back seat of a car - it gets them motion sickness okay sure. I have never barfed in all my life even when sitting in the backseat reading a book on a bumpy road but whatever.  
    beautiful riposte , chapeau!  :)
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Marge said:
    People get so dramatic about riding in the back seat of a car - it gets them motion sickness okay sure. I have never barfed in all my life even when sitting in the backseat reading a book on a bumpy road but whatever.  
    Motion sickness is different than just disliking how something looks. If frame rate is a problem, that can be fixed in EC. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    dvvid said:
    Marge said:
    Motion sickness is different than just disliking how something looks. If frame rate is a problem, that can be fixed in EC. 
    How would the frame rate fix this if a screenshot makes my eyes hurt and me be nauseous

I have played games and watched others play for longer than. many of you have been alive.  EC is the only one that does this.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Which screenshot? You don’t like the art style? That’s totally fine. But to say it makes you nauseous seems dramatic. That’s all I’m saying. I don’t care if it’s matter of aesthetic taste but people saying it makes them literally sick to their stomach seems weird to me. 
    edited May 2022
    dvvid said:
    Which screenshot? You don’t like the art style? That’s totally fine. But to say it makes you nauseous seems dramatic. That’s all I’m saying. I don’t care if it’s matter of aesthetic taste but people saying it makes them literally sick to their stomach seems weird to me. 
    Any screenshot pretty much.  This one and the one above makes my eyes start burning.

https://community.stratics.com/threads/how-do-you-play-in-cc.425259/#post-3112209

The ones in dungeons are the worst.  I don't like the pet artwork, but that is just a preference.
    The time it took to find it and click the post # was enough. If I look at it for a few more seconds a headache begins.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited May 2022
    Pawain said:
    dvvid said:
    Any screenshot pretty much.  This one and the one above makes my eyes start burning.

https://community.stratics.com/threads/how-do-you-play-in-cc.425259/#post-3112209

The ones in dungeons are the worst.  I don't like the pet artwork, but that is just a preference.
    The time it took to find it and click the post # was enough. If I look at it for a few more seconds a headache begins.
    Agreed, the SS in that link gives me a headache I have reposted the offending SS below.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

wrong one.

Why would you not want this mount instead.  McDougle is sure jealous of it.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
     :# 

Okay, hang on. A screenshot of the game in the enhanced client makes your head hurt and you nauseous? Why do you think this is? I'm no fan of the EC art but screenshots of it don't send me into fits. Do you have this issue with other games? With particular artists or art movements? Do you get this with Monet but not Monat?
    edited May 2022
    Jepeth said:

Okay, hang on. A screenshot of the game in the enhanced client makes your head hurt and you nauseous? Why do you think this is? I'm no fan of the EC art but screenshots of it don't send me into fits. Do you have this issue with other games? With particular artists or art movements? Do you get this with Monet but not Monat?
    I wish I knew, is there some glasses I can wear?  No other game has done it.
    To get this more off track:
    I prefer paintings that resemble a portrait. I like renaissance art because of this. Monet's  pieces depict still images of life, which is what I like to see for historical information, what people wore, ate did, used.  But I have been to many art museums and look at everything.  I have not come across any that gives me a headache.
    Focus on Klimt
    Archangel said:
    Focus on Klimt
    Her clearly has an obsession with that woman in most of his work.  I am not into symbolism.  I want to see the details they blurr out or cover up.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 453
    I got sick when I first swapped to EC once.  I took a long break and came back.  Starting fresh with EC makes me not want to go back to CC.  

I've never heard of anyone that gets sick from looking at a still image.  I hope you've talked to a doctor.
    edited May 2022
    Doesn't anybody remember the 3d pictures (stereograms) from the 90's? Those could induce dizziness or headaches to the uninitiated . Like this Ganesh statue    :D

For the unfamiliar, get your eyes close to the image while staring into the distance, (so, unfocused) Then the 3d image will  manifest.

Pawain said:
    wrong one.

Why would you not want this mount instead.  McDougle is sure jealous of it.
    F**k yeah I want it!!!! Well, only if it comes in Minocian Fire!!

edited May 2022
    For the record, I want to say that there is something about the EC that can cause headaches and Nausea because it did it to me at first. I was able to overcome it through a change of the FPS and just making myself to endure and overcome it. I did this because it is in my opinion the better of the two clients functionally. note the use of functionally because graphically I prefer the CC. as many people have said, If they could put the CC graphics into the EC client, to quote my grandpa "boy, you'd really have you somethin' then" I'll stop with the EC/CC stuff (in this thread) and let it go back on point. What was the point of this thread again??  

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Pawain said:
    Jepeth said:

I wish I knew, is there some glasses I can wear?  No other game has done it.
    To get this more off track:
    I prefer paintings that resemble a portrait. I like renaissance art because of this. Monet's  pieces depict still images of life, which is what I like to see for historical information, what people wore, ate did, used.  But I have been to many art museums and look at everything.  I have not come across any that gives me a headache.
    I have.  Look at a picture that is slightly out of focus and it will do the same thing.  Looking at the muted EC Graphics is like this even in still shouts and yes some of the pets/mobs turn my stomach because I hate their idea of what a pet should look like.  Who wants to ride a stink bug LOL.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    This thread has devolved into a US vs Them.
This discussion has been closed.