I wished that Blessed and Insured items STAYED in their inside containers upon resurrecting....

I do not mind dieing, not at all....

What really annoys me, as a player, and the hell out of me, is having, each and every time that my character dies in Ultima Online and gets resurrected, to have to re-organize my character's main backpack because I get it cluttered by all of the blessed and insured items which I had in internal containers...

I find this tedious and repetitive thing so annoying, that I wished that the Developers made it so that insured and blessed items STAYED inside their internal containers upon resurrecting, and not going to mess up and clutter a character's main backpack...

@Kyronix , is this something that we might be able to see, in Ultima Online for a more enjoyable and less annoying gaming experience ?

Thanks.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2022
    “I don’t understand,
    the container is on your corpse, the items are in your backpack,
    How the items to get into container?
    osmosis?

you’re asking for the game to save what items were in what container, I think it’s got too many complications. EG, what would happen (in fel) if someone added items to the container in your corpse so that the container could no longer hold your items. 
    What would happen if the container was looted by a monster or person and changed hands a couple of times before returning to the owner? 
    What would happen if you got ressed, put items in a new container, and then retrieved your corpse? 
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    What blessed stuff you carry around in internal containers and why?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Yoshi said:
    “I don’t understand,
    the container is on your corpse, the items are in your backpack,
    How the items to get into container?
    osmosis?

you’re asking for the game to save what items were in what container, I think it’s got too many complications. EG, what would happen (in fel) if someone added items to the container in your corpse so that the container could no longer hold your items. 
    What would happen if the container was looted by a monster or person and changed hands a couple of times before returning to the owner? 
    What would happen if you got ressed, put items in a new container, and then retrieved your corpse? 
    I am saying, that if I place blessed or insured items in an internal container, that they then "remain" in that internal container upon resurrecting after dieing... not that they get moved into my chararacter's main backpack cluttering it all up and then requiring me to have to move them back into an internal container to keep my main backpack as much as clean as possible.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I think you are misunderstanding the death process.  When you die all insured and blessed items stay with your ghost, to be there when you resurrect at a wandering healer - which, unless near a shrine or rezed by a friendly player, was the only way to return to life in the beginning. The containers those items were in, not being blessed or insured, cannot go with your ghost and are left behind on your corpse. The items have parted company, therefore the items cannot stay in the containers.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Yes  The game should leave popps stuff in containers so the mobs can loot them or they go poof when he can't find his body.  >:)
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Mariah said:
    I think you are misunderstanding the death process.  When you die all insured and blessed items stay with your ghost, to be there when you resurrect at a wandering healer - which, unless near a shrine or rezed by a friendly player, was the only way to return to life in the beginning. The containers those items were in, not being blessed or insured, cannot go with your ghost and are left behind on your corpse. The items have parted company, therefore the items cannot stay in the containers.
    I understand that but, "if" a player, after getting ressed, gets to the corpse and double clicks the corpse thus retrieving all items left on the corpse, containers included, it would be nice if the "pre-death" condition of the items arranged in the backpack was then met again.... if we will, having that double clicking the corpse was to retrieve some memory from the client about what item was in what internal container and put it back there, blessed and insured items included, and not in the main backpack...

Of course, if the player was to be unable to reach the corpse and retrieve the items and internal containars left on it, THEN, blessed and insured items would get scattered around the main backpack for lack of internal containers to be placed into....

This nice mechanics would end the messy situation that one gets with blessed and insured items getting all over the main packpack.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    Once again. This is YOUR problem. You do NOT speak for others 

do you really think the Devs are going to do anything about something so stupid? 

Sort your pack out and stop thinking if things to moan about 
    So you want them to recode the game because you are inconvenienced.

What happens if one of the bags is stolen in fel?  No place for the blessed item to go now.

This is not some simple request that they can do just because you do not want to click a few items.

Pawain said:
    So you want them to recode the game because you are inconvenienced.

What happens if one of the bags is stolen in fel?  No place for the blessed item to go now.

This is not some simple request that they can do just because you do not want to click a few items.

I would not have a problem with that.

But, instead, if the bag was still on the corpse by the time that the player retrieves it, then, in such a case, which is the largest number of instances, it would be a nice finding, upon clicking the corpse and retrieving the items on it, if all the blessed and insured items which were in an inside container upon dieing, were to go back to where they were, automatically, without the player having to move them back each and every time that their character was to die because they are all cluttering the main backpack....
    1st world problems, Having too so many blessed items it clutters your backpack.

GL with getting them to recode the game for that reason.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    The solution is already available, just play on EC and use the grid pack. 

The Dev may add this function to Classic Client.

Oh wait, they are busy with Legacy Shard.

And they have 10,232 bugs to solve after that. So this idea is queue 10,233th. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 459
    He's not wrong, It would be nice if you got back to your corpse and it put stuff back in bag.  Maybe tone and importance of it is a little exaggerated though.

When I die during this event, popps, I turn in my Fey Wrath items.  If that's what you're tossing in a bag... That's made it less an issue during this event at least.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    You’d like Pinco’s UI because it has “pockets” in the backpack that kind of act as built in containers. For example, I put all of my spell books in one of the four pockets and they always stay in there. 
    Too bad UO did not do what it took to Hire Pinco to work for UO.  Maybe could get CC graphics with EC interface.
    dvvid said:
    You’d like Pinco’s UI because it has “pockets” in the backpack that kind of act as built in containers. For example, I put all of my spell books in one of the four pockets and they always stay in there. 
    That does sound cool for sure.  Thanks for that tip.
    dvvid said:
    But Popps has never looked for a solution to his wants, he just wants to proclaim and argue after solutions are presented.  He uses EC so he could have asked nicely how to do what he wanted and someone like you would have answered.

Presentation is key.
    dvvid said:
    Meh, I'd LOVE to use the Enhanced Client, not to mention Pinco's UI.... my problem is, though, that its graphics gets me "sea sick".... I just cannot stand it...

I wished that it was possible to use the Enhanced Client but with the Classic Client Graphics.... now, THAT would be wonderfull......
    Pawain said:
    Too bad UO did not do what it took to Hire Pinco to work for UO.  Maybe could get CC graphics with EC interface.
    Totally this.

I honestly do not understand, why there is not an option already, to use the Enhanced Client interface with the Classic Client Graphics.....
    Pawain said:
    dvvid said:
    But Popps has never looked for a solution to his wants, he just wants to proclaim and argue after solutions are presented.  He uses EC so he could have asked nicely how to do what he wanted and someone like you would have answered.

Presentation is key.
    Problem is, that I have problems looking at the Enhanced Client Graphics.... it gets me sick, I just cannot stand it....
  • TrismegistosTrismegistos Posts: 193
    edited May 2022
    I understand the problem.
    If the Client should move items in bags again after dclick the corpse it will need additional coding which handles different situations.
    For example the corpse has decayed, the bag was looted, the Player did not return, the play moves stuff out of the bag to bank or floor and many other combinations.
    This will be Code with a lot of work behind and geat Bug opportunities.

I choose uo assist and it's organizer agents to handle this situations. After opening the corpse and a optional count ressources I move items back into bag.  Yes it takes some seconds but it works fine.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    dvvid said:

Presentation is key.
    Problem is, that I have problems looking at the Enhanced Client Graphics.... it gets me sick, I just cannot stand it....
    Adjust the the FPS, it fixed the displeasure for me.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

popps said:
    Pawain said:
    dvvid said:

Presentation is key.
    What fps do you run at?

edited May 2022
    vortex said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    dvvid said:

Presentation is key.
    What fps do you run at?

110 seems to do it for me

edited May 2022
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    dvvid said:

Presentation is key.
    Same here. If I look at a screenshot of EC for more than a few seconds it makes me nauseous. I look at my deco in EC to see what it looks like and can't do that for long. 

I thought you made some posts about using it. Sorry.
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    dvvid said:

Presentation is key.
    Same here. If I look at a screenshot of EC for more than a few seconds it makes me nauseous. I look at my deco in EC to see what it looks like and can't do that for long.
    CC gives me the Vapors something fierce, just sayin . . .

edited May 2022
    I got on CC yesterday and got a headache. Your eyes adjust.  60+ FPS is easier on the eyes, not worse.
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    dvvid said:

Presentation is key.
    CC gives me the Vapors something fierce, just sayin . . .
    Yup need a microscope to see anything and the animation framerate reminds me of when I was a kid drawing animations on book pages and flipping it..

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    People are so dramatic about EC graphics. “It makes me nauseous” okay sure. I haven’t barfed in the 5 years playing it but whatever. 
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    People get so dramatic about riding in the back seat of a car - it gets them motion sickness okay sure. I have never barfed in all my life even when sitting in the backseat reading a book on a bumpy road but whatever.  
    dvvid said:
    People are so dramatic about EC graphics. “It makes me nauseous” okay sure. I haven’t barfed in the 5 years playing it but whatever. 
    agreed, it gave me issues for a couple of days, but once i adjusted the FPS, it was fine.

This discussion has been closed.