Treasures of the Fey Feedback

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    The event suddenly started with a blast when a massive crowd gathers their mage, bards and tamers even on the lowest populated shard, a rare sight for the past 10 years only seen during EM events. 

Then the event suddenly muted and some weirdo come into the forum complaining the event is skewed towards warriors and unfriendly to tamers.

And when its time for moderators to kick that poster, they simply ignored. 

What a weekend. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The developers have responded on weekends before and they chose  day to launch and to adjust on a  Friday they simply choose to ignore the uproar because they can the level of customer service is pitiful..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    McDougle said:
    The developers have responded on weekends before and they chose  day to launch and to adjust on a  Friday they simply choose to ignore the uproar because they can the level of customer service is pitiful..
    No. This is a bad take. It's the weekend and the team are people who deserve their time off just like any of the rest of us. A handful of people disappointed about a slightly less than expected gaming experience which is still perfectly playable through multiple methods does not constitute an emergency. 
    Jepeth said:
    McDougle said:
    No. This is a bad take. It's the weekend and the team are people who deserve their time off just like any of the rest of us. A handful of people disappointed about a slightly less than expected gaming experience which is still perfectly playable through multiple methods does not constitute an emergency. 
    Again they decided to adjust on Friday and they have set the precedent of responding on weekends poor decision making on their part created this mess don't justify their behavior...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    McDougle said:

Or they have monitored the situation and it is fine in their opinion.

So, we have to figure out new strategies.  It was a nice 2 days, I should have spent more hours spamming spells.

Most spawn areas in the dungeon are the same as day 1.  There is just not a pile at or near the entry.  They chose to turn off the pile.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    McDougle said:
    Again they decided to adjust on Friday and they have set the precedent of responding on weekends poor decision making on their part created this mess don't justify their behavior...
    Sorry, I will absolutely advocate for people to have their earned time off. If the servers go down, fine, wake up Bleak and have him give the hamster some encouragement. But of the important jobs that are 24/7, the overlap with our wizard game is really small. Save your outrage for business hours. 
    But I am guessing that this feedback thread has the most views and replies in just the week it is out.

You can not feed your citizens unlimited cake for 2 days and then ration expensive bread for the remainder of the event.

Tends to make the citizens revolt!

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    Pawain said:
    But I am guessing that this feedback thread has the most views and replies in just the week it is out.

You can not feed your citizens unlimited cake for 2 days and then ration expensive bread for the remainder of the event.

Tends to make the citizens revolt!

Excellent point. 
    Unfair to let early birds to get all the worms.

Just treat this as lesson learnt for future events but keep your player base happy by making this event fun.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Marge said:
    And you guys say goblins are hard to understand - you lost me at EC lol
     :D  
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Feigr said:
    I made this one myself and don't feel bad for sharing.  This includes very little detail of what I was told and I created most of this myself.

Make sure legacy targetting is off. User Settings > Legacy
    Filter out Innocent, Friend, Invulnerable, and summons in your mobiles bar.  User Settings > Mobiles
    Equip Fey Talisman
    Use a dragon slayer and try to get max swing speed for whatever ranged weapon you choose.  
    Create this macro...
    Smart Next Target
    Cursor Target Current
    Attack Current Target
    Enable Repeating
    Repeat 10 times.
    Log out of EC.

DO THE FOLLOWING AT YOUR OWN RISK AND ONLY IF YOU ARE AWARE OF WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

Go to C:\Users\%WINDOWSNAME%\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\%YOURUOACCOUNTNAME%\%SHARD%\
    Right click the character name you created the macro on and open with Notepad.
    Copy just this section under macros.  Don't copy other lines and copy it from your OWN FILE.

<UserAction type="UserCommand" id="5201" iconId="865007" targetType="Cursor" text="script Actions.NextTarget()" />
                    <UserAction type="CursorTargetCurrent" id="0" iconId="643" targetType="Cursor" />
                    <UserAction type="AttackCurrentTarget" id="0" iconId="773" targetType="Cursor" />
                    <UserAction type="Delay" id="0" iconId="623" targetType="Cursor" delay="0.25" />

Paste it multiple times under itself.  Save.
    Reopen EC.
    Put the macro on a hotkey. 
    Go to a spot with a fast spawn in Destard.  I suggest the room before going to level 2, level 2 on the left side, or level 3.
    Thank you @Feigr for providing some help with coding that's probably above many people's heads (including mine). That said, I think this shows part of the issue which is that the average casual UO player who likely doesn't really know much about coding macro is basically forced to tamper with their game files simply to compete with scripters due to poor design by the Devs. It was one thing on day 1 when EVERYONE was able to spam and get drops but all the Devs have done now is punish the average casual player who doesn't want to re-code a macro in a game file to earn drops.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited May 2022
    Jepeth said:
    McDougle said:
    I'm 100% for fair work-life-balance but part of working in client facing tech is being "on-call" so to speak at various times. Perfect example is like you said, where an entire server goes down and Bleak needs to get it back up and running. Another time that it needs to be all hands on deck though is shortly after a release or hot-fix.

As someone who worked on a project team for a collections software company for several years, it was standard protocol that we would QA the code and test for a couple weeks and then release code to production on Thursday night so that the new code was used on Friday and any issues that were not found during our testing would be triaged on Friday (and into the weekend if need be) until the issue was resolved. This was the standard and I knew this going into any of those weekends. I did not enjoy that schedule at all and that was one of the driving factors for me to leave that industry.

From what I can tell that none of that seems to be the case here. 

Can you imagine if they left it like it was (during the first day live) over the weekend? The people that complained about it too easy would likely be having a complete aneurysm right about now because they wouldn't make any money off the event.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 456
    edited May 2022
    keven2002 said:
    Feigr said:
    I made this one myself and don't feel bad for sharing.  This includes very little detail of what I was told and I created most of this myself.

Make sure legacy targetting is off. User Settings > Legacy
    Filter out Innocent, Friend, Invulnerable, and summons in your mobiles bar.  User Settings > Mobiles
    Equip Fey Talisman
    Use a dragon slayer and try to get max swing speed for whatever ranged weapon you choose.  
    Create this macro...
    Smart Next Target
    Cursor Target Current
    Attack Current Target
    Enable Repeating
    Repeat 10 times.
    Log out of EC.

DO THE FOLLOWING AT YOUR OWN RISK AND ONLY IF YOU ARE AWARE OF WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

Go to C:\Users\%WINDOWSNAME%\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\%YOURUOACCOUNTNAME%\%SHARD%\
    Right click the character name you created the macro on and open with Notepad.
    Copy just this section under macros.  Don't copy other lines and copy it from your OWN FILE.

<UserAction type="UserCommand" id="5201" iconId="865007" targetType="Cursor" text="script Actions.NextTarget()" />
                    <UserAction type="CursorTargetCurrent" id="0" iconId="643" targetType="Cursor" />
                    <UserAction type="AttackCurrentTarget" id="0" iconId="773" targetType="Cursor" />
                    <UserAction type="Delay" id="0" iconId="623" targetType="Cursor" delay="0.25" />

Paste it multiple times under itself.  Save.
    Reopen EC.
    Put the macro on a hotkey. 
    Go to a spot with a fast spawn in Destard.  I suggest the room before going to level 2, level 2 on the left side, or level 3.
    Thank you @ Feigr for providing some help with coding that's probably above many people's heads (including mine). That said, I think this shows part of the issue which is that the average casual UO player who likely doesn't really know much about coding macro is basically forced to tamper with their game files simply to compete with scripters due to poor design by the Devs. It was one thing on day 1 when EVERYONE was able to spam and get drops but all the Devs have done now is punish the average casual player who doesn't want to re-code a macro in a game file to earn drops.
    I haven't seen any scripting.  And that's not coding.  It's copying and pasting and using a bit of common sense.  You can do it in EC instead of copying and pasting too.  That part was just for speed.  In EC just keep repeating the same commands over and over.  It's just faster to go into your file and copy and paste it.
  • Gandalf69Gandalf69 Posts: 14
    How come Felucia did not get the event?
    Would have been some nice  pvp action at riktor  :|
    So yea, smart targeting is broken.  I'll figure out a different way.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    call me when they fix the drop rate, I'll be bowling
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    The last 4 days or so, I’ve found the drop rate to match previous events. Idk  
    dvvid said:
    your drop rate on past events must have been dismal.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Archangel said:
    dvvid said:
    your drop rate on past events must have been dismal.
    Idk some people had a higher rate some had a lower rate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited May 2022
    They actually adjusted it on Thursday, I could not see any adjustments made on Friday. Kyronix replied twice on Thursday.

The Devs are people who have lives, they are enjoying their weekend. 

You can either choose to enjoy yours or not. 

There are drops out there to be had still that are on par with previous treasure events, just no one is going to be getting 200+ an hour anymore like the first day or two. You shouldn't be shocked that's no longer going to happen.

If you aren't getting the available drops, it's time to adjust your gameplay or specs so you can get them. If you are unwilling to do so then you have to come to terms you just might not be as effective and get as many drops as those who do.  As someone who enjoys playing her tamer the most, this is something I had to do after the first treasures event in order to get the quantity I wanted with the effort I wanted to give.

And while there are some scripters out there, just because someone is better, or more efficient or joins a pile does not make them a scripter or bot.
    edited May 2022
  • MsScarlettMsScarlett Posts: 58
    I don't know, I just feel like drops should be across the board sort of equal. If an archer can get x amount then a tamer should be as well. I should not have to create a whole other character or adjust game files to be able to participate in the event. My monthly sub price is the same as everyone else. 
    edited May 2022
    Violet said:
    Nice to see that again, you empathize with everyone. I kill more than most around, whether with my sampire in a grind pile or w my mage at 210SDI and +30sdi slayer books. drakes and wyrms I kill w 1 hailstorm... and when I get 5 drops in an hour, after killing hundreds of beasts and having taking the potion, it means the thing stinks of broken,

But don't take my word for it, since you think as always know better. Maybe the other 100 people complaining about the pathetic drop rate also have no clue what they're doing

700 collaborators might illuminate you on this
    Violet said:
    If you aren't getting the available drops, it's time to adjust your gameplay or specs so you can get them. If you are unwilling to do so then you have to come to terms you just might not be as effective and get as many drops as those who do.  As someone who enjoys playing her tamer the most, this is something I had to do after the first treasures event in order to get the quantity I wanted with the effort I wanted to give.

And while there are some scripters out there, just because someone is better, or more efficient or joins a pile does not make them a scripter or bot.
    So what templates and strategies will get more drops?  How many others need to be around? 
    What solo template gets drops?

We play on computers, there have been scripters and cheats around since the first computer games.  I would prefer not to have gameplay changed because of them.
    I don't know, I just feel like drops should be across the board sort of equal. If an archer can get x amount then a tamer should be as well. I should not have to create a whole other character or adjust game files to be able to participate in the event. My monthly sub price is the same as everyone else. 
    Sadly they have never been.  There is always be a meta in every game.  A class or skill set that performs above others for a task. People min/max to achieve the best use of their time.  Past treasures events it was sampires.  First two days it was necros/spellweavers. Now it's changed again.  

I didn't see you be vocal on the forums about not getting as many drops during Hythloth as others were.  The discrepancy has always been there and may be why they tried to introduce eggs as an alternative.  Only other way to do this would be to create artificial limits on drops "10 max per hour" and that itself would make a whole lot of people unhappy too.
    Violet said:
    Sadly they have never been.  There is always be a meta in every game.  A class or skill set that performs above others for a task. People min/max to achieve the best use of their time.  Past treasures events it was sampires.  First two days it was necros/spellweavers. Now it's changed again.  

I didn't see you be vocal on the forums about not getting as many drops during Hythloth as others were.  The discrepancy has always been there and may be why they tried to introduce eggs as an alternative.  Only other way to do this would be to create artificial limits on drops "10 max per hour" and that itself would make a whole lot of people unhappy too.
    Other online games will swap the meta or at least chase it much better.  Complaining about the existing meta is healthy IMO.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Feigr said:
    Violet said:

Other online games will swap the meta or at least chase it much better.  Complaining about the existing meta is healthy IMO.
    It's a slippery and dangerous slope. Just look at the whining by some people on day 1-2 of the event by Sampires when the "piles" were active. They were complaining they couldn't get "70 drops an hour" anymore with their sampires because casters were useful for once. It's also very difficult to balance the meta in UO when you can literally put any skills together that you want.

It's a bit humorous though, a lot of these people whining were the same people that would say "just make a sampire" when other classes complained during previous treasures events. The shoe was on the other foot, and they were demanding changes instead of wanting to adapt.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

Archangel said:
    Violet said:
    Nice to see that again, you empathize with everyone. I kill more than most around, whether with my sampire in a grind pile or w my mage at 210SDI and +30sdi slayer books. drakes and wyrms I kill w 1 hailstorm... and when I get 5 drops in an hour, after killing hundreds of beasts and having taking the potion, it means the thing stinks of broken,

But don't take my word for it, since you think as always know better. Maybe the other 100 people complaining about the pathetic drop rate also have no clue what they're doing

700 collaborators might illuminate you on this
    If you read my post history, you will see time and again I mention inclusivity.  I do feel that is important in all content, and I feel that is why they brought in the egg component.  So anyone regardless of skill can get treasures artifacts.

When the content came out there was complaining by Origin players about the difficulty of the content. I explained when Hythloth came out people found it hard, then they adapted.  I told them people would do the same on Origin, adapt.  They did by creating a pile and it was working.

The problem came with server stability. Altantic crashed.  On Chesapeake the lag was so much that the bag I was putting my treasures drops in was not even updating the count.  The medium  population shards were encountering stability issues on weekday nights, had they allowed that to go into the weekend like it was, it would have been more than Atlantic that was down.  And then everyone would have been unhappy.  If it wasn't for that issue, I'm sure we would still be farming in huge piles.

There was a guild on Great Lakes last night stating they got 1000 drops yesterday. There is a reason people finding success in this event are not on the forums discussing their success, they are too busy farming.

As for your killing hundreds of mobs and only getting 5 drops in an hour, fame plays a component. Also you get reduced drop rate if you kill the same thing over and over. 

For those who say they are having trouble/have a low drop rate, if you explain the skill set you are using  and how you are playing it might give the Devs more information on how they could either change the current content or think about for content going forward.  

edited May 2022
    Khyro said:
    Feigr said:
    Violet said:

It's a slippery and dangerous slope. Just look at the whining by some people on day 1-2 of the event by Sampires when the "piles" were active. They were complaining they couldn't get "70 drops an hour" anymore with their sampires because casters were useful for once. It's also very difficult to balance the meta in UO when you can literally put any skills together that you want.

It's a bit humorous though, a lot of these people whining were the same people that would say "just make a sampire" when other classes complained during previous treasures events. The shoe was on the other foot, and they were demanding changes instead of wanting to adapt.
    It's not a slope. It's an MMO. That's part of running an MMO.  Every MMO changes the meta and chases it.  That's the model.  Violet brought up other games as argument.  I don't think it's a good argument because this MMO doesn't do the same thing.  

I've never said "just make a" anything to anyone. I'm not complaining either.  I'm just stating my opinion and perspective.  To me, I had more fun the first couple of days.  That's my take.  I appreciate the addition of the ingots.  It's not all bad.  

I would love to see random chests in the dungeon to have drops.  I'd love fishing in the dungeon to get drops.  I'd love drops on T chests.  I'd love random stealing drops from monsters.  

I think weaker characters can fight the drakes in the north east.  It's not all bad design.  Just needs some small tweaks.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Feigr said:
    It's not a slope. It's an MMO. That's part of running an MMO.  Every MMO changes the meta and chases it.  That's the model.  Violet brought up other games as argument.  I don't think it's a good argument because this MMO doesn't do the same thing.  

I've never said "just make a" anything to anyone. I'm not complaining either.  I'm just stating my opinion and perspective.  To me, I had more fun the first couple of days.  That's my take.
    I didn't mean to imply you said that to anyone, just that a lot of others whining right now have said that. 

Meta's exist in all MMOs, but I would say in most MMOs the Meta is a lot more driven by pre-defined classes and easier to balance. Any "class" in UO is player made and there are endless combinations of them.

Sampires are meta for a lot of content, how do you deal with that without ruining the class? They have added anti-life leech mechanics and there has been some anti-armor ignore mobs as well. It's very difficult to balance without outright killing a playstyle completely and then you have a lot of angry people.

Tamers can be tamers, or they can be mage tamers, or they can be spellweaving mage tamers, or they can be archer tamers, or they can be bard tamers, etc. You can't make a change to pets/taming without affecting all of those playstyles at once, and to varying degrees of potency.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

See @Pawain and I never agree on anything but we do this time experienced players who have successfully enjoyed the past events are saying there's an issue maybe just maybe there is