Yet another indication of Developers being skewed to favour Warriors and disfavour Tamers ?

What am I talking about ?

The "original" Destard Monsters, generally, are weak to cold and strong to fire, of course... the "new" Fey monsters, instead, I noticed are weak to "fire" and quite strong to "cold"....

While Warriors can swap their Slayer Weapons at the press of an unequip-equip Macro, and thus change weapons "on the fly" using whatever slayer is best versus the Monster that they are fighting, this is not likewise possible to tamers....

Obviously, they cannot get in and out of the Dungeon to change their pet "on the fly" thus adjusting to whatever weakest resist that Monster which they need to fight has...

Perhaps, when assorting Monsters in Treasures of Dungeons, the Developers could "also" think about UO tamers' needs, and not have Events which are easy for Warriors but more difficult for Tamers ?

Thanks @Kyronix ....

Comments

• *shakes his head* IBTL
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    popps said:
    What am I talking about ?

The "original" Destard Monsters, generally, are weak to cold and strong to fire, of course... the "new" Fey monsters, instead, I noticed are weak to "fire" and quite strong to "cold"....

While Warriors can swap their Slayer Weapons at the press of an unequip-equip Macro, and thus change weapons "on the fly" using whatever slayer is best versus the Monster that they are fighting, this is not likewise possible to tamers....

Obviously, they cannot get in and out of the Dungeon to change their pet "on the fly" thus adjusting to whatever weakest resist that Monster which they need to fight has...

Perhaps, when assorting Monsters in Treasures of Dungeons, the Developers could "also" think about UO tamers' needs, and not have Events which are easy for Warriors but more difficult for Tamers ?

Thanks @ Kyronix ....
    Popps, in this event we are ALL being griefed
  • RintarRintar Posts: 38
    Aha. I cant go invis while my weapon is doing the job. Or run away while my weapon is doing the job etc

Get a sampire. Easy. If u wanna do this with a wrong template is ur fault
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    This guy has a persistent, severe, anti-warrior, syndrome.

Vote to lock thread before disease spread. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Pet damage output often exceeds warrior damage output. Also different templates have strengths and weaknesses.  
    edited April 2022
    dvvid said:
    Pet damage output often exceeds warrior damage output. Also different templates have strengths and weaknesses.  FThis
    Do you seriously think he still need anything more than a locked thread? The same complaint for every event and hundreds of posts have been written to explain and entertain him. Just lock this thread and he can refer to what we have written for the past 2 years. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    *shakes his head* IBTL
    This feels like a necro thread that gets locked every time he bring it up for every single event.

What should we call this? Maybe like a mummy thread because it's dead (necro) but it's also been locked (like a mummy with chains on it)??

Anyone else down to call this a mummy thread before it too gets locked like every single one before it on the same topic?

IBTL
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Should I tell Garr Grimbeard that his fire beetle isn't working and he should go home ?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    Bring a pet that does fire damage then..or discord.. Always complaining but I'm sure you won't listen to advice just debate it till this is locked...
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    dvvid said:
    Pet damage output often exceeds warrior damage output. Also different templates have strengths and weaknesses.  
    Totally not !!

When I have my tamer's pet fighting a tougher Monster and a Warrior comes over, the Warrior'r damage to the Monster is several folds higher then the damage thatmy pet does...

The thing is, I understand, that Warriors can get to do 300% damage with their Damage increase and Slayers while pet, time back, were nerfed to only do "half" damage....
    vortex said:
    Bring a pet that does fire damage then..or discord.. Always complaining but I'm sure you won't listen to advice just debate it till this is locked...
    A Fire damage pet would work against Fey Monsters... but what about the Legacy Destard "Dragons" Monsters ? A pet that does Fire damage would not much effective against them...

As I said, while Warriors can swap "on the fly" Slayers with an unequip-equip macro, Tamers cannot likewise swap on the fly pets like that....
    I use a lesser with grasping claw brings down physical resist plus I have discord bringing it down further and with both peace masteries running I don't care what the weakest resist is I kill fine....I see plenty of tamers on gl not having any problems.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    popps said:
    dvvid said:
    Totally not !!

When I have my tamer's pet fighting a tougher Monster and a Warrior comes over, the Warrior'r damage to the Monster is several folds higher then the damage thatmy pet does...

The thing is, I understand, that Warriors can get to do 300% damage with their Damage increase and Slayers while pet, time back, were nerfed to only do "half" damage....
    Be thankful that someone came by to help. Both get credit for drop chance. 
    We definitely proved that in the pile.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    I see players with pets that can take on everything in the dungeon.  Don’t really think it would be fair to change pets on the fly.  Used to do treasure chests, actually still do, have seen some pets solo cache chest and higher chest spawns in less than a minute.   Don’t really think it needs to change.  A fully trained pet provides you with a huge advantage.  You just need to get the right one.  Having dragons strengths and weaknesses opposite those of the fey is likely not a coincidence. 
    You can mark a rune where you stand, recall to a stable, change pet, recall back.  If the mob is already dead when you return, it was too weak for you to make that choice, shoulda used the pet you have.

Again Popps is inconvenienced so lets change UO to suit him. 
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 882
    Why are you in there with a tamer? Are you stupid?

obviously you play alone, probably because no one can stand playing with you

you only use a tamer as part of a group.  You will get about 2 drops an hour. Oh wait. Why haven’t you moaned about that ?

you are beyond help 

please lock this nonsense 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291

Yes, take JackFlashUk’s advice if you play as a tamer.  Get a partner.  If your partner is a ranged fighter, warrior or a mage, pet holds down the monster and ranged fighter kills it.  Very effective combination.  Plan how to split drops ahead of time.  Even more effective if you both can rez each other.
  • Most Tamers are Mages or have another offense type ability to attack and cause damage along with their pets attacking damage.  So causing damage with use a Slayer Spellbook for whatever bonus plus pet damage is something dexers cannot do.

Side note if ya look at the setup of each individual dungeon they all favor different templates.
  •  You will get about 2 drops an hour. Oh wait. Why haven’t you moaned about that ?
    That's the thread after this one gets locked . . .

please lock this nonsense 
    Agreed.

• I hear you get more drops if your character has 719.9 skill points and you wears a jester suit 
  • I hear you get more drops if your character has 719.9 skill points and you wears a jester suit 
    Only after eating a Pizza, A chicken leg, and a wheel of cheese, in that order.

Pawain said:
    You can mark a rune where you stand, recall to a stable, change pet, recall back.  If the mob is already dead when you return, it was too weak for you to make that choice, shoulda used the pet you have.

You can mark a rune where you stand, recall to a stable, change pet, recall back.

Are you really being serious ?

To kill each different Monster, whether low on cold or low on fire to recall to stables and change pet and then go back to the Dungeon ?

And do this hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands of times ?

I mean, really ???
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

You can mark a rune where you stand, recall to a stable, change pet, recall back.

To kill each different Monster, whether low on cold or low on fire to recall to stables and change pet and then go back to the Dungeon ?

I mean, really ???

If only pets had a damaging ability that ignored resists...oh, wait.  They do.  You could use that instead, it's freely available to any high-end pet you train.

And no, I doubt Pawain is being serious about this.
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

I mean, really ???
    Did you not read the part where I said if the mob is so easy it would be dead in the time it took you to switch then don't do it.

The fact that you think it is faster just to use whatever pet for both means this post is just a troll.
    Because you just contradicted the need for more than one pet because the 10 seconds it takes to change a pet is too long, you could have already killed that fey pet with a Triton or Cu.

You would only need to change pets because you are fighting a paragon, where 10 means the mob would lose few HP in that time.

Pick a pet and use your fey and dragon books to do as much damage as your melee counter parts.
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    edited April 2022
    popps said:
    dvvid said:
    Totally not !!

Pets can HIT harder than a sampire, or even a thrower - without bard buffs, my pets can hit for 240+ damage using the Chiv/AI build.  With them, I once saw a Prepatch WW (with 752 Str) hit an Acid Slug for 378 damage.  My sampires are nowhere near CLOSE to that.  My throwers can hit for over 200 with double slayer, but they also have 120 Anat/Tactics, where my sampires don't.

Against a boss-level monster, a player will ALWAYS be the superior damage dealer, because they have one major advantage that pets don't: regaining mana on hit (whether from Mana Leech or Wraith Form.)  We can use Armor Ignore far more frequently than a pet can, and outdamage them as a result.  Tanking, a pet is better, there's absolutely no question of that.
    edited May 2022
    Unbelievable, people actually responded to him again. 

Next he will complain that the event is not friendly to mages, thieves, bards, crafters, cooks...
    I HAVE PSYCHIC POWERS!!!

The OP was a troll:  inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content against 'warrior templates'. 
    I hear you get more drops if your character has 719.9 skill points and you wears a jester suit 
    Bet he doesn't know the begging skill being used gives increased drops too and a chance for a special drop...
    Shhhhhhh
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Why can’t my cook feed poisoned food to paragon greater dragons? This event is unfair. 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    dvvid said:
    Why can’t my cook feed poisoned food to paragon greater dragons? This event is unfair. 
    Because a greater Dragons' intelligence is 500 points higher than your cook, Duh.  but yeah, it is unfair that my Grandmaster camper cannot build a large fire that burns all enemies within a 25 tile range.

This discussion has been closed.