Treasures of the Fey Feedback

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    McDougle said:
    Gee if only they would have idk tested stuff on test or one of the three shards they have for testing... i mean they had until on or about to put on main shards..
    Can't help but to agree with you. My understanding was that the dynamic treasures was essentially a "drop in" system so I didn't think, initially, it needed testing to be deployed. Given what Kyronix said earlier though it seems like there is still quite a bit of custom treatment needed for these events since everyone dungeon is different so that makes me think that it probably should have been thrown on TC1 just to get an idea of how it would work when live (I know there is a pretty solid group of people who test when stuff is available to test).
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2022
    @ Kyronix @ Mesanna 

On Wednesday night, using a potion, I got ~100 drops, plenty of death robes, a lot of laughs and fun with the community. General chat was hopping with people picking at each other. There was plenty of death but loads of excitement. People were healing, rezzing, helping each other. Lag? Yep, that part sucked for sure. But it wasn't unplayable.

+10000, keyword: Fun and laughs
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    @Kyronix
    I agree with Anne.
    Theres an issue with this dungeons current difficulty level. 
    Past events were challenging enough, but 2-3 people could partner up and take down what was causing headaches.  
    But during those events there was really 1 significantly tough paragon, and during this one theres several on that same level, and still a couple more even stronger ones now.   

Ive been a huge fan of these events thus far, and really appreciate the work of the dev in working towards getting them balanced. 
    Deceit was new, and just a lot of fun. 
    Wildfire was good, but it was spread out too thin. 
    Hythloth was amazing, the spawn was balanced, not too fast, not too slow and the difficulty level was spot on.  
    Destard - this could use some more work in terms of the difficulty level.   The spawn feels spread out too thin on level one, but that could be just due to the size of the main room.  But the paragons definitely need some difficulty reduction.  

I love the challenge of these events, but this one had the pendulum swung a little too far.  

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    edited April 2022
    This is unplayable now. On Origin there's almost no spawn and the drops are an insult. 5 drops in 2 hours using 2 Potions! What a waste of time and money!

At first all of Origin was palying together, we\s all lure the paragons to the pile and kill then between all of us. But we had enough  non-paragon-spawn that helped the sampires. Now with only paragons, and few and far between regular monsters, it was so dismal for all that the dungeons had at most 5 ppl. And while we tried to team-work and create a pile, it never took. Puagh!   Did I mention 5 drops with 2 potions?  Nice work... NOT!

I don't give a hoot it scripters are making a million drops, I care about me and normal players not getting anything! You've screwed us normal players into not getting drops! Instead of just going in and have some gm.s catch afk scripters, you turn off the tap.... What is wrong with the Devs!?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2022
    "I found that moving around you get more drops. (plus more death)
    But on ATL, if you stand within the range of the huge bundle of AFK script throwers, nothing will be able to kill you as everything dies insta, so if you stand on the edge of their range, you can reach things outside their range and if anything comes close to you it dies insta,
    So i'm back to afk mining, much slower drop rate but can do unattended"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    McDougle said:
    keven2002 said:
    For the record, I also appreciate the attention the Devs are giving to this because they had made several tweaks (whether they want to admit it or not lol) to try to improve it. I think Destard was a tough dungeon to have this event in with a lot of things to balance.

That said, as it stands right now it's probably the worst it has been since the event started with my drops being the lowest they have been all event. As others have mentioned it's almost impossible to do any damage to things in wither / thunderstorm alley and the rest of the main floor is empty so I'm running around literally for a minute or 2 just to kill a drake (and that's if I beat someone else to it).

The spawn either needs to be increased across the entire dungeon (ie in the center / in the east / far north in the back) with the amount of paragons turned down OR we need Fel opened up. A third option would be to just put it back like it was day 1 which means lots more drops (and lag) for everyone. At least on the first day, we had some solid rewards for the lag we were getting. Now the lag is still there when you try to kill stuff in thunderstorm alley but you don't receive any reward for it.
    Gee if only they would have idk tested stuff on test or one of the three shards they have for testing... i mean they had until on or about to put on main shards..
    They did...we had it first for a whole day! 

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Larisa said:
    McDougle said:
    keven2002 said:
    For the record, I also appreciate the attention the Devs are giving to this because they had made several tweaks (whether they want to admit it or not lol) to try to improve it. I think Destard was a tough dungeon to have this event in with a lot of things to balance.

That said, as it stands right now it's probably the worst it has been since the event started with my drops being the lowest they have been all event. As others have mentioned it's almost impossible to do any damage to things in wither / thunderstorm alley and the rest of the main floor is empty so I'm running around literally for a minute or 2 just to kill a drake (and that's if I beat someone else to it).

The spawn either needs to be increased across the entire dungeon (ie in the center / in the east / far north in the back) with the amount of paragons turned down OR we need Fel opened up. A third option would be to just put it back like it was day 1 which means lots more drops (and lag) for everyone. At least on the first day, we had some solid rewards for the lag we were getting. Now the lag is still there when you try to kill stuff in thunderstorm alley but you don't receive any reward for it.

But he was too busy playing in the pile to notice the whole rest of the dungeon was empty of spawn except for around the ramps. So like 3/4 of the dungeon has 4 things to kill every 2 minutes. And it is still the same as day 1 minus the pile.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Archangel said:
    This is unplayable now. On Origin there's almost no spawn and the drops are an insult. 5 drops in 2 hours using 2 Potions! What a waste of time and money!

At first all of Origin was palying together, we\s all lure the paragons to the pile and kill then between all of us. But we had enough  non-paragon-spawn that helped the sampires. Now with only paragons, and few and far between regular monsters, it was so dismal for all that the dungeons had at most 5 ppl. And while we tried to team-work and create a pile, it never took. Puagh!   Did I mention 5 drops with 2 potions?  Nice work... NOT!

I don't give a hoot it scripters are making a million drops, I care about me and normal players not getting anything! You've screwed us normal players into not getting drops! Instead of just going in and have some gm.s catch afk scripters, you turn off the tap.... What is wrong with the Devs!?
    I agree.  I had a great time on Napa working together with a few (7-9) other players in the pile.  We died some, but otherwise I think we all got great drops for the hour we did it.  Now it’s so spread out that I’m definitely having less fun and getting fewer drops.

I happily bought a potion for the pile and definitely would have bought more to keep doing it.  Definitely will not be wasting money on potions in its current form.
    Merus said: Now it’s so spread out that I’m definitely having less fun and getting fewer drops.

"Why is it less fun? I don't understand this sorry"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Larisa said:
    McDougle said:
    keven2002 said:

Yes and now looking at a third day of adjustment 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    Used a potion last night and got 13 drops running around on a sampire killing stuff.  Pretty bad turn out.  Admittedly died a few times, but very very difficult to get anything. 

The lag issue was fixed, but on Atlantic, the spawn spot where the Wither scripters are located just moved up a screen.    Drop rate needs to be increase or some of these spawn spots need to be more randomized, to the degree its possible to do so.    Easier said than done, but dungeon still not working great.    It will be very difficult to get the desired rewards without further changes. 

The event still has great potential, but these spawning and drop issues need to monitored, as this dungeon is a good bit different than previous ones. 
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    edited April 2022
    Yoshi said:
    Merus said: Now it’s so spread out that I’m definitely having less fun and getting fewer drops.

I thought it was really enjoyable working with the other players trying to keep up with the near continuous stream of mobs spawning right around us, paragons and all.  We didn’t have an army of bots there.  And it was people I recognize from my shard, but don’t often play with… even people who I would have been trying to kill in Fel.  We still had to actively play and adjust to different mobs targeting different people.  I probably died 6-8 times, so did other people, but all in all I thought it was a ton of fun, and it was very rewarding.  It even had a touch of nostalgia, kinda reminded me of how players piled up and worked together doing the deceit bone wall back in like 98.

The spawn is very different now.  More spread out making the “pile” method really not work.  People are running around more, which leads to less cooperating and making paragons much harder to deal with.  I played last night and while there were still 6 or 7 other players in the dungeon it definitely didn’t have the same feel of working together, at least not for me.  As soon as I got in chat I had players asking in GC for me to let them know when I was going to organize another pile because they had fun the previous night.  They were disappointed like me to find out the spawn point had been moved and spread out.

Napa is a fairly quite shard, so some of that is to be expected, and it’s not the end of the game.

My point was that I had much more fun with this particular event when the layout and rate of the spawn incentivized and rewarded working together in a more succinct fashion.  It also made me feel more willing to invest the extra $ for the potion… + 40-50 drops from its effect was worth it to me, + 6 or 7 is not.
    edited April 2022
    Merus said:
    Yoshi said:

I thought it was really enjoyable working with the other players trying to keep up with the near continuous stream of mobs spawning right around us, paragons and all.  We didn’t have an army of bots there.  And it was people I recognize from my shard, but don’t often play with… even people who I would have been trying to kill in Fel.  We still had to actively play and adjust to different mobs targeting different people.  I probably died 6-8 times, so did other people, but all in all I thought it was a ton of fun, and it was very rewarding.  It even had a touch of nostalgia, kinda reminded me of how players piled up and worked together doing the deceit bone wall back in like 98.

The spawn is very different now.  More spread out making the “pile” method really not work.  People are running around more, which leads to less cooperating and making paragons much harder to deal with.  I played last night and while there were still 6 or 7 other players in the dungeon it definitely didn’t have the same feel of working together, at least not for me.  As soon as I got in chat I had players asking in GC for me to let them know when I was going to organize another pile because they had fun the previous night.  They were disappointed like me to find out the spawn point had been moved and spread out.

Napa is a fairly quite shard, so some of that is to be expected, and it’s not the end of the game.

My point was that I had much more fun with this particular event when the layout and rate of the spawn incentivized and rewarded working together in a more succinct fashion.  It also made me feel more willing to invest the extra $ for the potion… + 40-50 drops from its effect was worth it to me, + 6 or 7 is not.
    What he said ^ same on Origin

rewards being shard-bound, maybe they should´ve fixed Atlantic and left the other low populated shards alone as they were at the start. It's not like hoarders and resellers would profit on our tiny shards anyway.. and the lag was not so bad as to be a deal-breaker
    I really dont mind having non centralized spawn locations, Im happy enough to run around the whole place. 

The problem starts when its a mega paragon at every turn, which happens very quickly.  A greater dragon needs a larger team to take down, and outside of atlantic, thats a challenge. 
    Now put in two or three of them along side the other paragons (that are much more powerful than past events for general spawn monsters) and it basically shuts the event down.  

The difficulty level of the paragons needs to be turned down a notch or two.  
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Yoshi said:

Asks the guy who plays afk because it is so boring killing everything you can find and getting one drop an hour.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Mervin never understood 
  • I've tried going to do this event a couple times (ATL) and it just doesn't work for me. It's way too laggy. Very low drop rate. You cant even get a hit in on anything if you don't have some kind of area of effect spell or ability. And if you go off solo, you get destroyed by the paragons. It's just not a fun event and I think I will be staying out of there until its over.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    Kyronix said:
    Respawn rates for dynamic treasures events function the same way as Champion Spawns with near-instant respawn.  
    I'd say yesterday, the respawn timer was near instant.  Today, there's at least several seconds idle before things repopulate.  That's with 4-5 people in the area.

Definitely a slow down.  Dialing down any delay on respawn would be great.

Mob spawns, instantly dead, 2 seconds later another mob spawns, instantly dead. A paragon spawns, dead 3 seconds later. The spawn coming in piece meal like this allows the script Archers/Throwers to instantly focus fire non-paragons down before legit players can even damage it.

Congratulations to those that complained about the spawn being too fast/heavy, and the AoE grind. Now the spawn is even more dominated by scripters, and legit players get even less drops.
    The scripters just switched from SWers, to Archers/Throwers spamming AI with Dragon Slayer Wep+Fey Slayer Talisman (damage cap against everything but Giant Serpents). The spawn rate has slowed down enough that they can instantly kill all non-Paragons that spawn. Even spamming Essence of Wind/Thunderstorm with 4 FC you're lucky to get a single hit on any non-Paragon before it's dead. All Paragons besides Shadow Wyrms get dropped within 3 seconds by the script Archers/Throwers. At least before, the spawn was so thick that the scripters couldn't burst them all down at once, so a legit player could get some damage in with AoE spells.
    Yes, sure looks that way on Atlantic.

Some points for the UO team and others to consider:
    1. A mage is now in a tough spot.  Even if you pre-cast a targeted spell, waiting on the cursor for a target, you're lucky to hit something.  The difficulty of this is further compounded as you have to recast the spell if you mistarget/line-of-site/etc (as called out in the bugs forum, you should just get a new cursor).
    2. I still wonder what % of these players are EJ accounts.  Would problems go away if EJ didn't get drops?  It'd be interesting to add an visible "Endless Journey" tag above players, so we can at least assess this situation ourselves.
    3. The paragon ancient wyrm is usually pretty lonely.  If it were more "mobile", perhaps that would change things up a bit.  Dropping 100K HP bosses would perhaps mix things up a bit too.
    4. Paragon hydras ...  how would this change things up?
    Some people were lucky to get all the drops they needed the first couple days.  For those people, I guess they will never go to the scripters to buy items.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Yoshi said:
    "I found that moving around you get more drops. (plus more death)
    But on ATL, if you stand within the range of the huge bundle of AFK script throwers, nothing will be able to kill you as everything dies insta, so if you stand on the edge of their range, you can reach things outside their range and if anything comes close to you it dies insta,
    So i'm back to afk mining, much slower drop rate but can do unattended"
    And AGAIN openly admitting to cheating.  @Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna @Misk @Mariah @Rorschach When is this player (you have his account info) going to get a perma ban
    Can we keep this thread on topic please?

we are trying to communicate and request adjustments to the event here…
  • You know what, after investigating this event a bit more, I'm angry at Broadsword. Why the hell are the only two items for mages the two most expensive? 250 drops for the book? WE CAN'T EVEN COMPETE IN THIS EVENT! I've got one drop so far this morning. I have zero chance of targeting anything so I put down fields and EVs. If I try to go solo anything, the paragons get me and its impossible to fight them alone. Yeah, I could have a different character built but this is a limited event. It shouldn't be impossible for any combat type to get rewards from it.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 455
    edited April 2022
    You know what, after investigating this event a bit more, I'm angry at Broadsword. Why the hell are the only two items for mages the two most expensive? 250 drops for the book? WE CAN'T EVEN COMPETE IN THIS EVENT! I've got one drop so far this morning. I have zero chance of targeting anything so I put down fields and EVs. If I try to go solo anything, the paragons get me and its impossible to fight them alone. Yeah, I could have a different character built but this is a limited event. It shouldn't be impossible for any combat type to get rewards from it.
    Pay $2 more on top of your subscription and get .5 more drops. LOL  But only for an hour, let's not be too crazy.
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    edited April 2022
    Kyronix said:
    Respawn rates for dynamic treasures events function the same way as Champion Spawns with near-instant respawn.  
    I'd say yesterday, the respawn timer was near instant.  Today, there's at least several seconds idle before things repopulate.  That's with 4-5 people in the area.

Definitely a slow down.  Dialing down any delay on respawn would be great.

Mob spawns, instantly dead, 2 seconds later another mob spawns, instantly dead. A paragon spawns, dead 3 seconds later. The spawn coming in piece meal like this allows the script Archers/Throwers to instantly focus fire non-paragons down before legit players can even damage it.

Congratulations to those that complained about the spawn being too fast/heavy, and the AoE grind. Now the spawn is even more dominated by scripters, and legit players get even less drops.
    The scripters just switched from SWers, to Archers/Throwers spamming AI with Dragon Slayer Wep+Fey Slayer Talisman (damage cap against everything but Giant Serpents). The spawn rate has slowed down enough that they can instantly kill all non-Paragons that spawn. Even spamming Essence of Wind/Thunderstorm with 4 FC you're lucky to get a single hit on any non-Paragon before it's dead. All Paragons besides Shadow Wyrms get dropped within 3 seconds by the script Archers/Throwers. At least before, the spawn was so thick that the scripters couldn't burst them all down at once, so a legit player could get some damage in with AoE spells.
    Yes, sure looks that way on Atlantic.

Some points for the UO team and others to consider:
    1. A mage is now in a tough spot.  Even if you pre-cast a targeted spell, waiting on the cursor for a target, you're lucky to hit something.  The difficulty of this is further compounded as you have to recast the spell if you mistarget/line-of-site/etc (as called out in the bugs forum, you should just get a new cursor).
    2. I still wonder what % of these players are EJ accounts.  Would problems go away if EJ didn't get drops?  It'd be interesting to add an visible "Endless Journey" tag above players, so we can at least assess this situation ourselves.
    3. The paragon ancient wyrm is usually pretty lonely.  If it were more "mobile", perhaps that would change things up a bit.  Dropping 100K HP bosses would perhaps mix things up a bit too.
    4. Paragon hydras ...  how would this change things up?
    Some people were lucky to get all the drops they needed the first couple days.  For those people, I guess they will never go to the scripters to buy items.

On Origin (after spending a little time figuring it out), I changed tactics from using my pet (which died 3x) to Earthquake spamming.  On LS, I did the same but with Wraith Form for infinite casting.  Over two days, I managed to pull 605 drops (With potions used.  I'm currently sitting on 429 turned in.)  On Atl, using the same setup as I do on LS, I've managed to get maybe 3 drops.  And that's with Earthquake being cast every 5 seconds on loop - I don't get any mana back because everything dies instantly.

Atlantic was the one server where I was looking forward to farming this, because I wanted a few different rewards from it for my chars there - both spellbooks, the quiver, and the Talisman.  The only way I'm going to be able to get them now?  Buy them.
    "Eggscelent idea"
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Yoshi said:
    "Eggscelent idea"

yeah, farm eggs where you need 10 to get 1 turn-in.  Even with the horrific drop rate now + the impossibility of getting them on Atlantic, that's a fantastic use of my time.
  • KasimirKasimir Posts: 1
    Severe knee jerk reactions as always..
     Too many people were getting drops way too fast, so instead of just lowering the drop rate or slowing the spawn rate a little, they effectively killed the event..
    Now on every shard I've been to, there are half a dozen paragon greater dragons and shadow wryms keeping people from doing much but collecting death robes...

Was it broken to begin with? Sure.. 
    Did it need fixed?  Sure.. 
    Did the devs once again completely ruin something because they have no real clue how to play this game?  ABSOLUTELY
    Will they take the time to fix it per shard? Nah, they don't care enough.

Making global changes all based off of Atlantic's overpopulation is problem #1

Most shards don't have the dozen or more people it takes to effectively take down a paragon greater dragon..

Looks like it's going to just be another flop in their ever growing bag of flops..  They wonder why they lose players daily...

I'm just glad I had time in the first days to pump out enough drops to get stuff..  With the drop rate and scarcity of non overpowered (paragon) killable spawn now, only the multiboxers will be pulling enough drops for the "good" items..

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Mages can play in here if there are enough other players.  I can kill most of the stuff in here solo except for the larger paras.  On those I usually help other players to kill them.  If the para is concentrating on another player or a pet a mage can do a lot of damage.  Mages working with other players can be very effective.
    But problem with playing larger paras one on one is that they simply outcast my mage four or five to one, and they have so many hit points I go though my entire mana pool without making much of a dent and that’s using a slayer and getting over 200 points a hit. If anyone knows how to make a mage more survivable in this kind of environment would appreciate advice.  Mages don’t melee very well because of the amount of time it takes to cast a spell while they are frozen.  They are sitting ducks for paras that can easily outcast them. My main defense is running away and healing that works pretty well as long as there is room to run.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited April 2022
    Maybe will give earthquake spamming a try.  Will just keep my eyes closed.  Thanks.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    drcossack said:

Atlantic was the one server where I was looking forward to farming this, because I wanted a few different rewards from it for my chars there - both spellbooks, the quiver, and the Talisman.  The only way I'm going to be able to get them now?  Buy them.

Yep - and unfortunately for me that is my home shard so there is a very good chance that this will be the first treasures of event that I sit out (at least for the 1st month in hopes the spam bots go away) which is a shame bc I always look forward to these events. 

I think there has been some resounding feedback @Kyronix that whatever changes were made (we can agree to disagree about the spawn speed/amount or drop rate) are not working on not only ATL but just about every shard. You know the truth when the only person saying something semi-positive is Merv/Yoshi.

• I’m all for changing the spawn to how it was on Origin night one. Participating as it is now is beyond a chore.