Definition of Barracoon

I found this interesting.

From Google:
Barracoon -
an enclosure in which black slaves were confined for a limited period.

What was the impetus for naming the champ after such a thing?

This just came to mind after seeing a new book released titled Barracoon which tells the story of the last ship of African slaves to arrive in the USA.

Comments

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Cool story bro.
  • KronalKronal Posts: 84
    Oh boy.  Don't let the PC crowd see that!!  We will have protesters at the despise spawn!
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    Kronal said:
    Oh boy.  Don't let the PC crowd see that!!  We will have protesters at the despise spawn!
    not for long  >:)
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    North_LS said:
    Kronal said:
    not for long  >:)
    Let the PvPers use their powers for good :D
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    oh lord, someone call the ACLU, we have an emergency here people
  • PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    I wonder how dismissive some of you would be if there was something named after the destruction of your people.  Next boss could be Auschwitz the Pyromancer.  Right? No big deal.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    The destruction of your people ? Who are you ? Moses?  ibtl
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Really? Millions of Africans did not die in the slave trade? Do you deny the Holocaust ever happened? 

I find it hilarious that a player gets banned for using the last 4 letters of Barracoon, but the devs can name a character in game after the exact thing that the slur references.
    And honestly if this thread gets locked it is because UO players cannot handle a sensitive discussion posted by a black man in any civilized manner.  It will be on people like you, not me.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
     if you have specific concerns with offensive game content please email directly. This is not a discussion for these forums.
This discussion has been closed.