Treasures of the Fey Feedback

Lots of spawn on LS.

Many are standing around the entry and going in to insta die.

Lots of fun so far.  Many are helping each other.

Cossack trying to teach us what to do but no one will listen.  :D

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• working great
    no lag
    100%

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    Ej accounts getting rewards again...the devs haven t learn from previous event i suppose...gettint a spellweaver or a necro take couples hours....then they get drops really fast at the event casting at the same spot whitout moving....maybe they will get caught one day but before they get them they still have produce hundreds of drops...couple hours after the new bot is done.... Happy lag
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    On ATL, the lag is extremely detrimental to the experience. I move very 5+ seconds.  I can’t spend any amount of time in there actually killing anything. Everyone is crowded at the front with summons going and there’s seemingly hundreds of corpses. This needs to be optimized in some way. 
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 453
    edited April 2022
    On ATL and Chessy we hook a left from entrance and made a pile up there where there's an insta spawn.  Everyone just keeps AOEing and things die very fast.  You get a lot of drops.  Even if you do damage like me.

Mind, you'll still die a lot... so insure drops as they go in your pack.  Paragons are fickle.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Shhh
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    i really dont think getting 200 drops per character per hour with the glorious potion was the devs goal
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Just a thought. Most lockpick training libraries include a rune to the chests in the area where the platinum and crimson drakes normally spawn. That could give people a way into the dungeon avoiding the crowd at the entrance?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Weird... the people complaining about the bots in the dungeon didn't mind the same bots scripting eggs on ATL 24/7 for the past month to accumulate (or sell) 1000's of eggs (ie turn in points).

I applaud the thought to allow people another way to get turn-in points aside from killing stuff but when it's a way that can be endlessly scripted; the whole dungeon scripting complaint kinda goes out the window (the multiboxers are there for every event btw). 

Few things to keep in mind before complaining about the dungeon:
    1. It hasn't even been 24 hours live and people have been itching for the dungeon event (which adds to my argument these should be 45 days long but held once every 90-120 days). Of course it's going to be laggy when everyone on the shard is going to the same place.
    2. Keep in mind the spawn... I'll bet any amount of money that the same people complaining about bots will be the same people complaining a paragon shadow wyrm "is too hard" to take down without an army.... guess what? You have that army right now so use it because if you go look at Origin right now (day 2 active there) it's a ghost town versus yesterday same time. It's only a matter of time before people get bored with this (I think July is too long) and they stop going. You can have the whole dungeon to yourself then and enjoy running away from all the paragon GD/Shadow Wyrms / Ancient Ayrms / Weald Protectors / etc.
    3. Also keep in mind... If you are one of those people trying to fight in the clutter near the entrance; no sh!t it's going to be laggy. You guys are just there because you want the safety to leave the dungeon without dying. Go fight on level 2 or 3 where it's overspawned and you can die in peace without any lag at all.... I was working this area on ATL last night 6-7pm with very little lag. 
    4. The rewards for the turn-ins are in line with this event. What I mean by that is that eggs for the most part were easy enough to come by on most shards; especially after the value of eggs fell through the floor and many people stopped scripting. Fighting in the laggy mess will get you more drops than normal. Overall the supply of turn-in points is very high compared to other events so the rewards are in line with an easier event; there aren't any new best in game type pieces like the SSI Eps from Deceit / Balron chest from Hythloth. If there was an arm piece that mimicked the balron chest or the fey slayer tali was a cameo then I see the argument but this isn't the case.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    edited April 2022
    Just a thought. Most lockpick training libraries include a rune to the chests in the area where the platinum and crimson drakes normally spawn. That could give people a way into the dungeon avoiding the crowd at the entrance?

LOL - On Chessy, I call that the paragon dump. I wouldn't recall into it. I find the back half where you fish at is clearer.
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Pawain said:
    Lots of spawn on LS.

Many are standing around the entry and going in to insta die.

Lots of fun so far.  Many are helping each other.

Cossack trying to teach us what to do but no one will listen.  :D

And you eventually managed to figure it out.  It really wasn't that hard, was it? ;)

That aside: Learning how this worked on Origin was, for me, probably the best course of action.  With how easy it is to get drops, I can't say how long people are going to farm this, and once that happens, the solo player is going to find this impossible.  Even on Origin, some of the mobs were all but impossible for me - on Origin, I was eventually able to attempt dual-clienting a Paragon Shadow Wyrm, tanking with a Chiv/AI Nightmare and having a Wraith Form thrower deal damage with Armor Ignore.  The Wyrm was eventually able to overwhelm the pet with its triple damage hits, despite my best efforts to keep it alive (magery heals only, I knew not to get in too close.)

Fortis said:
    i really dont think getting 200 drops per character per hour with the glorious potion was the devs goal
    I'll agree that it was likely not their goal, but did they really think the playerbase wouldn't find the most optimal ways to do this?  It's literally what we do.  Now, I'll admit that the potion of glorious fortune makes this far too easy, but even without it, once people figured out the best way to farm, the drops would have started flowing.
    @drcossack I think they may have changed it from what I'm reading.  I'll see u tonight change or no change.  

3 of use were having fun on the second and 3rd levels until the 3rd level was un manageable. So we changed to 1 and 2 ramp. I only got 4 drops doing that tho...
    I think they reduced the spawn rate... or perhaps some AoE spells? It's hard to tell because it's still laggy so I cant tell if things are dead already or just not taking damage from EQ / Thunderstorm / wither (I've tried them all). 

People are getting super frustrated on ATL (including myself) that the spawn is still 75% in the front and west wall but it's just reduced AND it's still laggy. So I'm running around trying to find stuff on my sampire and it's kinda empty except for a few paragon shadow wyrms or GD people have tucked back there which I can't solo. 

As it stands now, best bet if just to grab a weaver/mage with med and continue to spam (more slowly) area spells while throwing down a reaper near the entrance; you know just completely grid lock that area. You will get the same amount of drops standing in the same place essentially afk casting as you will by actually trying to go fight stuff. The paragons are a problem to handle outside of these designated kill zones so might as well just afk spam in the kill zpnes.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The drop rate outside of the sea of lag with no potion is terrible the drop rate in the sea of lag with a potion is obscene the store is going to make a fortune selling potions and undertaker staff(a must have in sea of lag) IMO and i know it's unpopular just taking us further down the pay to win path. And if that's what is gonna happen i don't mind we are older with more money than patience or time and I'd rather pay 19.99 for quiver and go fishing or pirating...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    The drop rate outside of the sea of lag with no potion is terrible the drop rate in the sea of lag with a potion is obscene the store is going to make a fortune selling potions and undertaker staff(a must have in sea of lag) IMO and i know it's unpopular just taking us further down the pay to win path. And if that's what is gonna happen i don't mind we are older with more money than patience or time and I'd rather pay 19.99 for quiver and go fishing or pirating...
    Let's be honest here because the Devs already ninja nerfed the spawn.

How many drops did you get inside the killzone yesterday in an hour versus how many did you get this afternoon after they changed it? 

When talking about the killzone; I averaged 70ish an hour yesterday casually playing (I died quite a few times when something locked on to me so could have been more if I didn't die and need rezzed) compared to today getting a best of 17 in an hour (no deaths). Are you telling me that you were able to get as many today as you were yesterday because I think that's a lie.

Also keep in mind that just about every other single treasures event I have worked with my sampire my average is about 60-70/hr so it's not like I don't get drops. When they made the change and the drops totally sunk while doing AoE, I took my sampire around the whole dungeon and it's not spawning fast enough to kill anything to get more than maybe 10 an hour.

Now I'm not saying we need to get 70+ drops for just sitting in 1 spot spamming AoE but that disparity is too much compared to what it's been in other events and what it was yesterday. I feel like the change really only negatively impacts the honest player actively playing because I'm going to be bored only receiving 10-20 drops an hour running all around whereas the people running bots standing in the same location spamming AoE have no issue parking 5 accounts there all day.
    I was getting 100ish an hour bith yesterday and today on Origin even though they fixed the hole in wall to left of entrance it's still easy to cluster there or entrance and spam aoe ..i can only take it for 30 or so minutes and since the timer on potion is when logged in you can split into two sessions so 30 minutes of spam then 30 minutes of slow with only one or two drops an hour 
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    edited April 2022
    Fortis said:
    were you the teachers pet, rattler and got beat up much at the school yard? Who complains when everyone is having fun, for heavens sake, how do you benefit?... very puritanical IMO

Yesterday on Origin was close to 100 drops in an hour, standing meleeing w my sampire... today, being not so full a shard, we were about 12 ppl, 4 of us managed to create a grinder, and with potion only managed 40 drops in the hour... not as much fun as yesterday, and if the discouraged population dwindles even more, no-one will be able to do the spawn, cuz at some point it's only paragons, and an army is needed for that... and armies want drops and mobs to kill... it was better yesterday.
    Archangel said:
    Fortis said:
    were you the teachers pet, rattler and got beat up much at the school yard? Who complains when everyone is having fun, for heavens sake, how do you beneffit?... very puritanical IMO
    Well if you could get even 100 an hour without it I would agree but the difference between using or not is ridiculous 
    edited April 2022
    McDougle said:
    Archangel said:
    Fortis said:
    were you the teachers pet, rattler and got beat up much at the school yard? Who complains when everyone is having fun, for heavens sake, how do you beneffit?... very puritanical IMO
    Well if you could get even 100 an hour without it I would agree but the difference between using or not is ridiculous 
    There I also agree, it's indeed a bit pay to win... but as you stated, I'm old enough that I'd rather pay than waste my time a full hour to get 7 drops, as I did my first hour yesterday... So today I bought a bunch of those potions, hoping for a similar result as yesterday, only to see it was halved ...
    Now it makes more sense to just go and get more eggs, which is about the same return ratio as with the potion, and without having to waste money.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Killing treefellows results in a hit to your karma.
    im down to 1400 karma because of the pile.
    @Kyronix ; - Please open up Fel on ATL. Why should people on the most populated shard in the game be penalized by low drop rates due to the fact there simply isn't enough to kill?

This currently ATL at 7:30am local time and only near the entrance.

This is currently Origin:

I can repost a pic in 3 hours when it's the same local time for Origin but we all know it won't even be close. 

Please give us more stuff to kill!! Either open Fel or add spawn to tram... I'm getting very bored of 10-12 drops an hour on ATL; people can collect more eggs than that per hour. The risk vs reward here doesn't equate. I collect zero death robes collecting eggs and the drop rate is the same as collecting death robes inside the dungeon?
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    That's because..

1. Maybe most of those people on ATL are jobless, retired etc and can be on to play a video game at 7 in the morning.

2. The people on Origin are not stupid and try to keep the entrance clear and head up the mountain west a bit..you've been there.

The spawn rate jumps up quite a bit once you get a few people in there killing things. Just gotta be on at the right time on Origin...and those ATL people need to learn to get away from the entrance lol. GO WEST MY FRIENDS..GO WEST! :)

• Larisa said:
    That's because..

1. Maybe most of those people on ATL are jobless, retired etc and can be on to play a video game at 7 in the morning.

2. The people on Origin are not stupid and try to keep the entrance clear and head up the mountain west a bit..you've been there.

The spawn rate jumps up quite a bit once you get a few people in there killing things. Just gotta be on at the right time on Origin...and those ATL people need to learn to get away from the entrance lol. GO WEST MY FRIENDS..GO WEST! :)
    GO WEST MY FRIENDS..GO WEST! :) lol yes this!!
    They seemed to have patched the wall to the west but a little farther west is a narrow area perfect for a chokehold 
    Larisa said:
    That's because..

But not too west, mind you, lest the cartels of the jobless  end up crashing and couch-surfing in decent shards!   :D
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Probably not jobless more like afk script accounts. That seems to be the situation on ATL. 
    Looks like yet another change to the spawn points and it's even worse!! Now on ATL the entrance and west wall are no longer spawning stuff... seems to be up NW more near entrance to level 2. Again... not enough stuff to kill given the amount of people playing.

The one thing that I think is hilarious is that my point has been made about the initial decrease to the spawn only benefited the people scripting because if you check out that same area just 20-30min after the spawn points changed this is what you see... lots of ghost that ended up dying when everyone else moved to the spawn and a couple wraiths still spamming wither with nothing around.

• MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    The lag from this event is the worst I have experienced in Ultima in 10+ years.  Likely due to all the AFK farmers on west ridge on Atlantic.  Dungeon nearly unplayable for me.   

Immediate changes needed. 
    Merlin said:
    The lag from this event is the worst I have experienced in Ultima in 10+ years.  Likely due to all the AFK farmers on west ridge on Atlantic.  Dungeon nearly unplayable for me.   

Immediate changes needed. 
    They changed the spawn point and they no longer spawn on the west ridge. They now spawn (even less) a little further NW and up near the entrance to level 2. Still the same amount of lag there and probably even harder to find stuff to kill.  Extremely frustrating that they just seem to keep making the drop rate even worse on ATL (could be from additional people logging on but this could be remedied by upping the spawn).

Meanwhile if you go over to the crimson drake spawn area to the east or very back of the dungeon you will see 2 things spawned tops and you have to wait the normal respawn time of a minute or so for them to respawn. 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Spawn regions have been updated to ensure server stability.  Drop rates have remain unchanged throughout the duration of the event.  Respawn rates for dynamic treasures events function the same way as Champion Spawns with near-instant respawn.