Destard is an AFK scriptfest. not fun

SmootSmoot Posts: 389
edited April 2022 in General Discussions
Sit in one spot and spam any AOE spell
turn ins appear in pack
event over

yes, theres always scripters but this event is best played AFK.  its basically impossible to even play a normal character because of the lag caused by automated grinders.

i wouldnt want a new player or a vet coming back to even see whats going on.  

Comments

• DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    We do not have that issue in Fel,  Oh wait they did not add Fel this time so looks like this event is over for me. 
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited April 2022
    plus the eggs, which 90 percent are sucked up by rail accounts.  this is the most script friendly event ive ever experienced.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited April 2022
    The irony of the goldseller calling out the scripter is both PRICELESS and REALLY sad. They both should be banned. Plus, the "endless scripter" accounts shouldn't even be allowed to participate. You want the rewards, pay the subscription fee. @Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I would have to agree that at least 50% of the players doing this event are using an illegal program.

I haven't stepped one foot back in Destard since the Curio Collector came...Eggs I can get lol, competing with what is happening in the dungeon I cannot.

Maybe change the spawn? Having it all spawn clumped up in one area over and over might not be the best idea.

Otherwise everything else I  have enjoyed very much!

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    Larisa said:
    I would have to agree that at least 50% of the players doing this event are using an illegal program.

"I am farming afk using Pinco's UI, is that okay?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    Larisa said:

Sounds like an admission of guilt 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Yoshi said:
    Larisa said:

I said ILLEGAL Program.....you can read right?

I said 50% for a reason....geesh Mervshi get with the program.

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    edited April 2022
    Yeah it’s really bad. It seems like a failure on ATL. 
  • SarkonSarkon Posts: 61
    I don't play Atl, but every shard I went to Destard on last night, we all had a blast.  Even if there were scripters there, it didn't stop me from getting tons of turn ins.  I died like a thousand times, but still good solid fun.  I think I got around 15 in an hour, so there seems to be plenty of time to get everything you want out of the event.
    looks like the spawn rate, at least in some spots has been adjusted.  Thankyou devs for your quick response.   lag isnt nearly as bad now.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Smoot said:
    looks like the spawn rate, at least in some spots has been adjusted.  Thankyou devs for your quick response.   lag isnt nearly as bad now.
    All this does is cater even more to the bots you say are scripting.... someone like myself who is only using 1 account has had my drops slashed to a fraction of what it was before. So now the honest person working the event is penalized because they aren't multi-boxing 5 accounts that don't move (ie the same exact recipe as it always is for these events). 

@Kyronix / @Mesanna - if you guys are going to decrease the spawn rate in ATL like it seems like you did then can you please open up Fel for us so that I do not need to deal with the scripter bots? 
    edited April 2022
    keven2002 said:
    Smoot said:
    All this does is cater even more to the bots you say are scripting.... someone like myself who is only using 1 account has had my drops slashed to a fraction of what it was before. So now the honest person working the event is penalized because they aren't multi-boxing 5 accounts that don't move (ie the same exact recipe as it always is for these events). 

@ Kyronix / @ Mesanna - if you guys are going to decrease the spawn rate in ATL like it seems like you did then can you please open up Fel for us so that I do not need to deal with the scripter bots? 

pretty much every event is afk scripted to some extent.  i dont like that, but know it wont be eliminated entirely. 

its usually more drops per hour playing attended, but as it was it was more drops per hour afk, because the spawn rate was so high and playing normally wasnt even possible because of the lag.  So for now im happy with it. 

i agree that this event, and any global event should be on fel side as well.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Spawn rate was fine. The issue was everything in one spot.  The spawn area and both water ele areas had very few spawning Feys.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Yep that's what I kept saying, everything spawns in and around the entrance and leading to lvl 2 and hardly anything in the rest of the dungeon. If they would just spread it out and utilize the entire dungeon that would be fine...weird that they didn't :/

For me it's still laggy (on ATL) and honestly it's the same amount as it was before if not worse. So now instead of lagging out and getting rewarded for dealing with AOL Dial Up lag in 2022... we get to collect death robes and hopefully come out with 5-10 drops per hour?

No thanks. 

If they can't severely reduce the lag (ie open up Fel or spread the spawn out) or undo whatever change they did to cripple the spawn rate then I'll probably just take a break for a few weeks until people get fed up with it and the bots get all their drops and just buy anything else I need from them.
  • I don't know why they wouldn't open up fel to begin with, at least on ATL. Horrible rollout and execution by the dev team. Space out the spawn and most importantly open up fel on ATL. This will limit the multi-boxers ability to sit in one place for a lengthy amount of time.
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited April 2022
    WELP I've asked for these drops/rewards to become account bound numerous times but everyone says "no thanks", blows me off and refuses. So now you all reap what you sew.
    Account bound, NOT shard bound, was/is the way to go.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 452
    I got 69 drops from an unattended scripter I'm guessing.  Was just a bag on the ground.  I'm guessing they didn't want to lose them when they inevitably died and didn't insure.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 452
    username said:
    WELP I've asked for these drops/rewards to become account bound numerous times but everyone says "no thanks", blows me off and refuses. So now you all reap what you sew.
    Account bound, NOT shard bound, was/is the way to go.
    Account and shard bound would make me happy, but if the proposal is one or the other, I'd rather shard bound.
    edited April 2022
    Would be nice to see some notes on what exactly was changed because I feel like there is more lag now in every other part of the dungeon than before. I went to the back of the dungeon after netting zero drops in 20min on my sampire in the front and there was literally like 10 things to kill in the entire back part of destard (where champ spawn is in Fel).

Wish I had some sort of recording software to show how pathetically dead it is back there. I'm not sure how this event would be any different than the previous 4 versions of it given they did an entire year dedicated to building "dynamic content" which is essentially drop in ready... but apparently it is different and to be brutally honest it's been a rough start.... Everything is still primarily spawning either at the entrance or along the wall.

Either bump up to the spawn rate in the entire dungeon or open up Fel @Kyronix
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I used a Mystic-Mage-Spellweaver yesterday on ATL and got almost 100 drops, but my butt will attest to having played for 6-7 hours. I played near the entrance on the fringe of what in call "Reaper Valley Destard" and cast Reaper summons and Thunder and Wind spells and Faerie Fire.  Tons of peeps doing the same - if they were BOTs, I don't really care, for they were likely targets for the monsters to attack instead of them attacking me. Tomorrow I will try again and see how I do with th eslower spawn and drop rate.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    edited April 2022
    keven2002 said:
    Would be nice to see some notes on what exactly was changed because I feel like there is more lag now in every other part of the dungeon than before. I went to the back of the dungeon after netting zero drops in 20min on my sampire in the front and there was literally like 10 things to kill in the entire back part of destard (where champ spawn is in Fel).

Wish I had some sort of recording software to show how pathetically dead it is back there. I'm not sure how this event would be any different than the previous 4 versions of it given they did an entire year dedicated to building "dynamic content" which is essentially drop in ready... but apparently it is different and to be brutally honest it's been a rough start.... Everything is still primarily spawning either at the entrance or along the wall.

Either bump up to the spawn rate in the entire dungeon or open up Fel @ Kyronix
    Seriously do you have to tag kyronix in every post you do... Are you khan of sonoma twin
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Fortis said:
    keven2002 said:

Seriously do you have to tag kyronix in every post you do are ypu khan of sonoma twin

If we want information from the devs (that they're always unwilling to give...), why not tag them?  I can't believe that someone would make a comment like this.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    keven2002 said:

You must have only stayed in the crowd yesterday. Those areas and the water ele areas were exactly like that yesterday.  I ran from the drake and water ele area through the spawn and to the other water ele area. Killed everything. Then ran back. There was nothing to kill when I got back to the start area.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Larisa said:
    Yoshi said:
    Larisa said:

I said ILLEGAL Program.....you can read right?

I said 50% for a reason....geesh Mervshi get with the program.
    Playing AFK is illegal even with a legal client and Yoshi knows it.
    edited April 2022
    “I am still afk farming with Pinco’s, because my attendance is not currently required.
    Everyone else I know is also afk farming.
    But I would rather actively play. 
    They would have to stop the Insta spawn in tram and open the fel spawn for that to happen and also make some artis be cursed or else I will just continue to farm afk using Pinco’s UI.

but no doubt people would complain if this happened… 
    perhaps they don’t want people actively playing. I don’t know why else they have done this.
    i am not understanding the point of this”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    He twist his own words to start trouble if pressed he replies afk doesn't mean unattended..we've seen this before 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    if you afk , at least on Origin, you die. No way it can me managed without use of a brain, so I don't believe you are afking, as much as you'd love everyone to believe yet another of your tales of heroics.
    edited April 2022
    “It is harder to die on Atl as so many people there, my char has died 1 time in the last 24 hours.
    but it’s not an issue I switch on Pinco’s auto artifact insure.

I am the low hanging fruit, not using any illegal programs.
    during the wildfire event, Lynk was running 3 x sampire bots in Fel that were actually harder to kill than most players, 
    They auto arm when disarmed, auto evade, they don’t panic and continue to attack and run to spawn when they are under attack, they auto insured artifacts and auto looted semidar corpse of certain items, legendaries splintering etc, they automatically returned artis to the NPC when the Champ was over and automatically ressed and returned when you kill them. 
    Yet you are berating people who are not watching the screen to loop one macro?”
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited April 2022
    RE: Fel, perhaps the next event should *only* be in FEL.

That would sure mix up the dynamic.  Or perhaps the reds would go extinct.
This discussion has been closed.