Treasures of Fey Wrath - ATL Lag

dvviddvvid Posts: 849
edited April 2022 in Bugs
Currently, it is impossible to move around in Destard on ATL.  The level of lag is unbearable.  You enter, take a few steps, then stop for 5+ seconds, take a few steps, repeat.  I wonder if there is anything that can be done if not now or in the future to handle this situation.  
Tagged:

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Well they could have seen thevlag point that was happening on Origin and fixed it before they went live
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • It was horrendous on Origin last night as well
    I posted what would happen on Atlantic 
  • BAwfulBAwful Posts: 18
    Any news?! Because the lag extend to other dungeons.
    Yesterday and now I could experience a 5s lag to do anything (walk, command a pet, cast anything...)
    It's totally impossible try to fight against a strong monster. 
    Visiting other dungeons like Deceit, Wrong and Shame par example there was the same lag time in Destard.
    * it just happens inside dungeons. In open world and Underworld work normally.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "I think it is all the scripts people are using,
    You notice it in fel Vs certain guilds who run more than others"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    This is basically a dupe of the discussion here:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/74595/#Comment_74595

If all the players are sending valid commands to the UO server, then the lag is something that needs to be mitigated by the server. 

Waiting for players to change their behaviors doesn't seem a path with cheese waiting at the end.  You'll die of starvation waiting for that.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Thanks for allowing the scripters to continue on. 
    Thanks for allowing EJ throw away accounts to get drops. 
    Thanks for not responding to the countless posts regarding the lag. 
    Thanks for this experience. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “The lag is affecting non destard servers too. *shrug* event will be over in a couple of months, bug list is 4 year waiting list so this will resolve itself”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    I just wanted to conclude this thread with a thank you to the devs for making the appropriate changes to eliminate the issue. 
    I'm all for giving credit when it's due but they fixed nothing. No lag because people would rather not play destard..
    No lag because the scripting pile was eliminated. 

Also, I still think EJ players should not be able to participate in the event.