DESTARD EVENT & SHARD BOUND ITEMS

@Kyronix

I dont understand the end goal of making shard bound items, you are making shard shields transfers useless, specially regarding to PVP. Like me, many people transfer pvp toons all over and now with all this cool items like aprons and quiver, what we supposed to do?   I know a lot of people will say Just make another toon on the shard and so on, but that is not the point, why making everything now Shard bound?   if that is the case, so why not make everything shard bound??? Powerscrolls, Pinks, EM EVENT ITEMS,   this pick and choose shard bound items is not fair.

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Did someone resurrect this horse or are we continuing to beat it into it's after/after/after/after/after/after/after/after/after/after/after/after/after/after/after/after life??

The last 4? 5? events have all been shard bound, did you think it would change this time? As with every other event, if you want an item on X shard for when you transfer to it then go play that shard and get it. You have literally over 2 months to do so.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    @ Kyronix

what we supposed to do?  
    Collect those items on the shard you wish to utilize them fostering that shard's community, or buy them from others on the shard you wish to utilize them fostering that shard's economy.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Beat ya to the punch on that one @Kyronix ; :p
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81
    The goal is to keep everything from ending up on Atlantic.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Hate to say it but that’s true.  Not everyone has a shard shield.
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81
    Arnold7 said:
    Hate to say it but that’s true.  Not everyone has a shard shield.
    It's not just that.  Why should players on my shard have to deal with spawn competition from players outside of our community, who give nothing back to our community?  Makes no sense.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    @Kyronix will it be active in fel on some shards?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Exactly! I love shard bound for that very reason. help your community! Put the drops on vendors on your shard, help people complete suits...it's fun!

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Kyronix said:
    @ Kyronix

what we supposed to do?  
    Collect those items on the shard you wish to utilize them fostering that shard's community, or buy them from others on the shard you wish to utilize them fostering that shard's economy.

Since we have no "LIKE" button, I would like to say that I like @Kyronix answer above.

Keep up the good job Developers !!
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 452
    edited April 2022
    For what it's worth, me too.  I imagine getting tagged 3 times in two threads is also annoying to have to deal with for issues like this.  I think the OP should be lightly admonished for using tags so liberally on silly issues.  Let him do his job.
    I support htghkjhjgyhii all items should be shard bound 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited April 2022
    @Kyronix make a potion that allows the item to change from shard bound to account bound.

Solves two issues.

Players can travel to other shards with their items.

Players can not take items from a shard and sell on another.

I also would like to shard hop to do events, but shard bound deminishes my suit.  

The items cost too much to get them on multiple shards. Reduce the price to make that feasable.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    Im very happy they're shard bound.  When the pvpers come over, I get to make good gold without needing an atlantic vendor.

#playlocal+shoplocal
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Agree that personal equipment a player uses should be able to travel.  Goal is to prevent players farming items on one shard so they can sell it on another.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Arnold7 said:
    Agree that personal equipment a player uses should be able to travel.  Goal is to prevent players farming items on one shard so they can sell it on another.
    Exactly. A potion to turn them to account bound makes that possible.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    @Kyronix @Bleak On VS can we get a Shard Bound switch
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    GPawain said:
    Arnold7 said:
    Great Idea! I'm happy with shard bound. But the idea or being able to swap it once to Account-bound, that would be a genius master stroke!
  • @yourMama can we get cookies added to the reward list? 

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Archangel said:
    GPawain said:
    Arnold7 said:
    Great Idea! I'm happy with shard bound. But the idea or being able to swap it once to Account-bound, that would be a genius master stroke!
    Shard bound until you equip then account bound..
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    I was here you wasn’t so ……. 

Amazing how valuable pixel items have become 
    with this dwindling population 
    McDougle said:
    Archangel said:
    GPawain said:
    Arnold7 said:
    Shard bound until you equip then account bound..
    Hmmm, no, I want to share between my accounts. 
     Account bound just if you transfer shard.
    That way it can also be sold in it original shard, help the community and the revitalize the local economy.
    edited April 2022
    Skett said:
    I was here you wasn’t so ……. 

Amazing how valuable pixel items have become 
    with this dwindling population 

Actually, with so many returning players the demand has increased A LOT, that may have helped bring prices so high. 4 yrs ago, I regret not having bought the silly blue fountain from GL at 175m... today you don't even find it and the red ones are over a plat... My suit! The bracelet must've cost me 50m.. nowadays I saw one similar on auction for 2 plats!   o.O
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2022
    Kyronix said:
    @ Kyronix

what we supposed to do?  

Fine then reduce the cost of getting each reward because if we need to spend so much time to get one we would never sell or heart pain to sell so cheap with the long hours spent to sell to locals at cheap prices.

This is not about reviving a dead horse but the Dev team never ever debated with us and resolve the issue with rare and expensive shard bound arties. Just because it was raised many times does not mean we cannot raise the problem again since like the tonnes ignored bugs in bug forum, nothing was answered!
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Kyronix said:
    @ Kyronix

what we supposed to do?  

So when can we expect this to happen with EM events items. Lets make power scrolls shard bound while we are at it. Or you can come up with a long term solution to the problem.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2022
    “Power scrolls yes please, and the fc1 gorget too, - it is really heavily botted 24/7, I kill the bots on Atlantic every day but I don’t have the will to patrol the dead shards.

I don’t think you should be able to transfer anything, even gold from 1 shard to another, just your character, since it’s free transfers”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    Kyronix said:
    @ Kyronix

what we supposed to do?  

or just transfer the eggs, 2 types of turn-ins, one shardbound one not.  theres no point to having the armor drops shard bound this event because the eggs arent.  and both are scripted to hell.