Totem of Chromatic Fortune : Why is people talking about using it to get the rarer colored Rabbits ?

2»

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited April 2022
    TimSt said:
    There is a discussion on stratics about the range of totems and rabbits.  This particular post https://community.stratics.com/threads/the-elusive-bunnies.425453/page-2#post-3109326 shows the ranges around umbra and luna.  I have personally verified the umbra ranges are correct.
    Thank you for posting that link.

That's interesting.... I used my 1 charge on the Totem where the small " a " of  the text Aernya is (basically the 2nd picture circled in red, of a smaller area...), because there I saw 2 rabbits spawning close to one another and yes, outside a range of, say, 6 or 7 tiles from where the Totem was, the rabbits were all spawning of a O hue thus, not falling under the effect of the Totem, I would think thus confirming the findings of that 2nd picture in the Post which you Linked....

The 1st picture's area circled in red of the Post which you linked, is far bigger then 6 or 7 tiles from the X so, I am not sure why this difference.... that is, why as indicated in that Post, which I also experienced, in the area were I used the Totem, a more limited range was in effect...

Sounds really weird and, honestly, a mulfunctioning of the way the Totem works.... they should work the same for all players and regardless where they are used, me thinks.

Infact, I would say that, once used, the totem should not have a fixed location range but, rather, be attached to the character so, wherever the character runs or moves on the screen, the spawn where the character is and for several screens away, should take effect from the Totem....
    popps said:

Bottom line is, I have yet to be able to find a place where at least 4 or 5 Rabbits/Jack Rabbits spawn all close by, within 5 or 6 tiles from one another and consistently....

The Totem, I think, would be worth using only in such a place...

At first, I thought that too.... unfortunately, when I went there and killed all the jack rabbits, I noticed that their rate of respawn was extremely low.... but really low... and, unfortunately, the Totem's charge is time based so, respawn rate IS an issue....
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 453
    New Haven on the north tip, a bit up from Necromancers.  

Feigr said:

Tried that as well and again, the area where the Rabbits and Jack Rabbits spawn is quite large and, unfortunately, "on spot" where one uses the Totem, the respawn rate is very, very slow...

For example, I saw 4 rabbits/jack rabbits spawning just by the west wall of the Building that is there (New Haven north tip), and waited a fat 3 or 4 minutes before a rabbit or jack rabbit respawned right in that spot.... they did respawn in that north area but, unfortunately, too far from the totem location for it to have any effect on the spawn...

So, I'd say, not a workable spawn place either to be used effectively with a Totem....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Now what we really need is a crab catchin totem 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Well apparently the totem does not work according to Popps and you  have to use it to get colors according to Popps.
    So all the ones I see are imaginary. 

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 453
    popps said:
    Feigr said:

Tried that as well and again, the area where the Rabbits and Jack Rabbits spawn is quite large and, unfortunately, "on spot" where one uses the Totem, the respawn rate is very, very slow...

For example, I saw 4 rabbits/jack rabbits spawning just by the west wall of the Building that is there (New Haven north tip), and waited a fat 3 or 4 minutes before a rabbit or jack rabbit respawned right in that spot.... they did respawn in that north area but, unfortunately, too far from the totem location for it to have any effect on the spawn...

So, I'd say, not a workable spawn place either to be used effectively with a Totem....
    People are getting them.  Don't know what more to tell you.  Was just trying to help.  I know one person that has caught many up there.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    You’ll need at least 3 to 5 totems to get them all maybe more and double that if you want pairs to sell later. 
    the East part of haven worked great I got 2 red rabbits there and out side Luna south East got 3 green jack rabbits 
    I never got a white or pink from totem found those in Ter Mur 
    good luck 
  • popps said:
    popps said:

Bottom line is, I have yet to be able to find a place where at least 4 or 5 Rabbits/Jack Rabbits spawn all close by, within 5 or 6 tiles from one another and consistently....

The Totem, I think, would be worth using only in such a place...

At first, I thought that too.... unfortunately, when I went there and killed all the jack rabbits, I noticed that their rate of respawn was extremely low.... but really low... and, unfortunately, the Totem's charge is time based so, respawn rate IS an issue....
    So first you say you can't find any spots that spawn 4-5 rabbits, Then I show you two (2) spots that spawn that many, and then you say it isn't good enough. does that about sum it up?

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    The ideal for him is to pay $10 and the green rabbit appears in the backpack as a token. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
     :D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    I'd like to watch popps use the totem with the Benny Hill theme song playing in the background...
    Feigr said:
    popps said:
    Feigr said:

People are getting them.  Don't know what more to tell you.  Was just trying to help.  I know one person that has caught many up there.
    I suspect, that people getting them with Totems, might be using a good number of Totems in order to "force spawn" them... I read like 3 to 5+ Totems as necessary.... which, for me, is a total "no go" option since I find it inacceptable to have to spend real money in significant quantity, and in addition to the subscription which I already pay for a 25 Years old game, in order to get game content (colored Rabbits/Jack Rabbits) because the design of that content makes it nigh to impossible for me to get them without having to buy a Store item...

So first you say you can't find any spots that spawn 4-5 rabbits, Then I show you two (2) spots that spawn that many, and then you say it isn't good enough. does that about sum it up?

I think I did mention that, in order to justify for me the cost of the Totem (make it usable efficiently), being it a "timed item", I was looking for a Spawn with 2 characteristics....

1) - Multiple Rabbits/Jack Rabbits spawning in close proximity from one another and in any case within the range of functionality of the Totem ;

AND,

2) - Those Rabbits/Jack Rabbits respawning in rapid succession since, the Totem is "timed" and, therefore, any time spent waiting for the respawn is wasted time on an item that cost real money....
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited April 2022
    What happens is some of the rabbits that spawn several screens away from the totem will be teleported to the totem as soon as they spawn and have their color changed.  This is shown in the video link that was several posts below the one I mentioned. https://community.stratics.com/threads/the-elusive-bunnies.425453/page-2#post-3109343 and I have seen it happen myself. 

The totem's range is the spawn's range. So in the picture 
    That is the spawn area for rabbits south of Umbra. If you kill a rabbit on the west most edge of the area it's replacement could spawn at the east most edge. 

Now if you had a totem in use there is a chance that the replacement rabbit that spawned on the east most edge as a result of you killing a rabbit on the west most edge will get teleported to the totem and have its color changed. 
    edited April 2022
    Well, what an utter waste of money, at least for me, 3 bucks to purchase this Totem of Chromatic Fortune thrown into the trash, all for nothing...

I used the remaining 2 charges at the suggested location in Umbra

as well as at New Haven North tip of the island, and not only in Umbra I saw no Jack Rabbits "teleporting" from the sides to the Totem, but overall, the best I got was only a couple of 1195 blue jack rabbits... for the record, the respawn rate was abysmally slow.... the 20 minutes of the Totem lasting charge went away with only a handfull or Rabbits/Jack Rabbits really spawning, and only very few colored...

Actuallly, the most incredible thing for me, was to notice that, upon using a Totem charge, purchased with real money, the respawn rate in the area, from without using the Totem to using a real money costing Totem, got actually "reduced"... at least that I could notice...

Which, if it was to be the case, would actually make no sense to me... I spend real money and, rather then seeing a benefit from spending that real money, I actually experience a worsening in my game play? Go figure....

Never again for me, just a royal waste of my money all for nothing.....

At this point, I guess I will do without the 1966 and 1969 Rabbit/Jack Rabbit...
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    In that case, I think this topic can be closed.
This discussion has been closed.