Reward / Craftable / Gold Sink Idea: Pet Statuette

MerusMerus Posts: 656
edited April 2022 in General Discussions
@Kyronix @Mesanna

I know I have suggested a similar idea in the past, perhaps on different forums, but I want to re-suggest this idea in light of the colored bunnies.

Pet Statuettes: Converts a tamed pet into a mini-statuette (think vet reward statues or ethy).  Statuette would retain the hue, stats, and pet training of the original pet.  Statuette would be able to be locked down on display.  Statuette would be account bound and convertible back into a pet via the context menu.

Potential uses:
Pet collections:  We have a wide variety of hued pets in UO, and some very avid collectors.  However, colored pets can't be displayed as a collection.
Zoo: Would allow players to create themed zoos of their own, another decorating idea!
Secure pet transfer: Players with only a single account would be able to securely transfer a pet from character to character.

My personal preference would be a deed for sale (like a trophy deed) for 100k and would require some craftable glass (shout out to sand miners) to create the base statuette. 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I like it. Can I get a refund on stable slot increase tokens when this comes out?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    As long as it's a one way deal 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    McDougle said:
    As long as it's a one way deal 
    I’m assuming you mean the statuette would not be convertible back into a pet?  As long as there is at least some amount of cost and effort into getting the statuette, I’m not sure I see the downside.

If you have full stables, you’ll have no place to put the pet in order to use another pet.  If some uber rich tamer out there wants to pay 100k every time they want to store a pet that they use often, I’m good with that as a gold sink.

Curious what your objection related to?
    edited April 2022
    Too much programming if the pet counts as a stable slot and it is in your house as a statue.  What happens to it when you shard transfer? Will the Magencia vendor see it in your house?

Have to make things easy for the tiny Development team we have.

And all the posters don't have to approve your idea.

They should have made the skins come in statue form instead of a token.
    edited April 2022
    I certainly wouldn’t have the pet statue count as a stable slot.  I suggested the statuette would be account bound, not shard or character bound.  No, I wouldn’t think Pet Vendors would see them, in statue form they are an account bound decoration. In statue form you could potentially sell them directly to another player (not via a vendor), but they would be unable to convert it back to a pet.  The only way to sell the pet would be the same as now.

I didn’t suggest everyone had to agree, just curious what the objection was related to.
    edited April 2022
    Merus said:
    I certainly wouldn’t have the pet statue count as a stable slot.  I suggested the statuette would be account bound, not shard or character bound.  No, I wouldn’t think Pet Vendors would see them, in statue form they are an account bound decoration. In statue form you could potentially sell them directly to another player (not via a vendor), but they would be unable to convert it back to a pet.  The only way to sell the pet would be the same as now.

I didn’t suggest everyone had to agree, just curious what the objection was related to.
    Great Idea, just saying if it is made complicated it will not be done.  If you want it to be like the current wall hanging heads except these are deeds for an actual mob statue.  That is not very complicated.

It may interfere with vet reward statues.

Maybe the devs goal is for us to make Zoos with vet rewards and the actual zoo animals.
    edited April 2022
    Pawain said:
    Merus said:

Great Idea, just saying if it is made complicated it will not be done.  If you want it to be like the current wall hanging heads except these are deeds for an actual mob statue.  That is not very complicated.
    That is basically it, a statuette of the mob with its hue.  The only complicated part would be storing the code to recreate the pet (including stats, skills and training) to recreate the actual pet and making it account bound.  In my mind it’s similar to the auto-dress macro.  Going into the statuette writes the redemption code (via animal lore) and stores it in the statue.
    Looking at the 36 vet statues I can choose from, only 4 that I see can be trained to 5 slots.  So the vet rewards are not primarily tamable mobs.

But you are saying we can not have color pets in the first post, I only have color pets if those are an option.

I am 100% for statutes I do not have to use a vet reward to get. 3 of my houses have a collection of statues already.  Would love to have more horses and anything else.
    What I meant is we can’t collect and display colored pets right now.  You can’t get a blaze cu and put it on display right now, or a pink hiryu, or a void mare.  You can bank sit on one, but that’s it’s.  This idea is to make that possible.

I would like to collect all the colors of cu, hiryus, frogs, etc. and display them as a player made zoo.  
    Merus said:
    What I meant is we can’t collect and display colored pets right now.  You can’t get a blaze cu and put it on display right now, or a pink hiryu, or a void mare.  You can bank sit on one, but that’s it’s.  This idea is to make that possible.

I would like to collect all the colors of cu, hiryus, frogs, etc. and display them as a player made zoo.  
    I love the concept and if they were crafted statues all for it but unless you are willing to give up a staple slot for each one then I'd have to vote no to your idea
    edited April 2022
    Merus said:

Cool, I read it backwards.  Was sad the Frog trophy does not take the color.  This way we can get those colors.  Still 100% on board!
    McDougle said:
    Merus said:

I love the concept and if they were crafted statues all for it but unless you are willing to give up a staple slot for each one then I'd have to vote no to your idea
    No, the statues would definitely not count as stable slots... there are too many different critters with different hues to collect to have stable slots limited my deco.
    Pawain said:

And all the posters don't have to approve your idea.

Merus said:
    McDougle said:
    Merus said:

No, the statues would definitely not count as stable slots... there are too many different critters with different hues to collect to have stable slots limited my deco.
    So you think taking a pet that uses a slot turning it into a statue that doesn't then back again is ok ? How is this not circumventing the stable slot rules?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2022
    Maybe easiest way to achieve the aim of displaying pets in colors, is to have the vet reward that can make character statues do the same for pets. Except that the color will follow the pet, not the base vet reward color.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited April 2022
    McDougle said:
    Merus said:
    McDougle said:
    Merus said:

So you think taking a pet that uses a slot turning it into a statue that doesn't then back again is ok ? How is this not circumventing the stable slot rules?
    Because you can still only hold a certain amount of pets, so you can not have more than your allowed amount of pets in the stable so you can not un statue a pet with max spots and stable it.

It is like putting a pet on the mag vendor to hold it when full.  They stay bonded when you do that.  It is like your stable but someone could buy it so price it above market.
    McDougle said:
    Merus said:
    McDougle said:
    Merus said:

If there is some uber rich tamer that wants to invest the extra gold, time and pet bonding potions to use the statues as a substitute for stables, I have no real issue with it.  I don’t see that as a realistic alternative.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Because you can still only hold a certain amount of pets, so you can not have more than your allowed amount of pets in the stable so you can not un statue a pet with max spots and stable it.

It is like putting a pet on the mag vendor to hold it when full.  They stay bonded when you do that.  It is like your stable but someone could buy it so price it above market.
    And the truth will set you free.  Pet stalls have been abusing the number of pets from day one and I guess @McDougle is ok with that.