Reapers are going to cast again !

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2022
    “So if I take the walls down from my house, I should be able to sit in my house and cast spells on people and they not be able to cast on me?

Walls are there for a reason.

also you better go stop those people in haven training resisting spells in that public house..”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Yoshi said:
    “So if I take the walls down from my house, I should be able to sit in my house and cast spells on people and they not be able to cast on me?

Walls are there for a reason.

also you better go stop those people in haven training resisting spells in that public house..”
    There are certain "holes" on the wall that attack spells can pass through at certain spots even when there is no window. Tried and tested many times during Yew pvp some time back.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    You can hide in your house with no skill check...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Of_BeastsOf_Beasts Posts: 99
    I love the shake up!  Its a brand new world full of danger again!  :)

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,398
    Went shopping today almost got killed 
    way to go 
    I feel for those that have them spawn next to their home 
    Does everyone shop naked? Even my crafter wears all 70s and i ran up to a reaper and it didn't instantly attack me at all 
  • Archangel said:
    Feigr said:
    Except it is working as intended, now.  Reapers aren't oak trees.  They're reapers.  Video games need dangerous monsters.  If you're getting hit through the walls of your home, that's the bug, not the reapers.
    Well, it started by altering the reapers, so yeah, they are the bug. NO ONE should be hit inside their home, EVER!
    Depends on the design of the home. if there are any open spaces in the wall, you can be in line of site for spells. many of the new designs have spots in the wall that allow LOS and get you killed. i had to modify one of the Keeps I have on Siege because the Dark Wisps love to spawn in my back yard and roast my Crafter.  
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• McDougle said:
    Does everyone shop naked? Even my crafter wears all 70s and i ran up to a reaper and it didn't instantly attack me at all 
    I do, but that's just cause i'm a freak . . .

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    You can tell which shoppers of mine have been killed in the past. They are naked or wearing a death robe.  Because I never found their body.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 270
    edited April 2022
    They should never of been turned off. :/ They’re part of the game and have been for decades, deal with it. Logic for them being deco is ludicrous. Lets make all outside dungeon spawn not attack, after all monsters are only in dungeons right? This is UO, not Candyland for pete’s sake.

Quit crying and get creative. Learn where the thick reaper spawns are and if you have to avoid them. Use them to train characters and pets. Collect wood while training. Take your tree hugger friends there and enjoy the show. They serve many purposes, have undeniably strong D&D history, and are just plain fun.

Next time your in Fel (assuming some of you even know what that is) and get attacked by a horde of PKs, run straight to the nearest Reaper stronghold and I guarantee amusement will follow. Every one of them that stops for a split second to cast offensive spells on you will drop like flies. I cant count how many times I’ve used Reaper strongholds to dispatch bands of murderous thugs, it’s hilarious :D . Wall of stone casts ALOT faster then flamestrike or ebolt & will keep u alive in Reaper territory ALOT longer then your enemies.

Learn and adapt has been the main strategy in UO since day one. Quit complaining about a nerf that should never of happened and enjoy the FIX. #Leavethetreesalone
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,252
    McDougle said:
    I do, but that's just cause i'm a freak . . .

We are not talking about real here.
    Acid_Rain said:
    They should never of been turned off. :/ They’re part of the game and have been for decades, deal with it. Logic for them being deco is ludicrous. Lets make all outside dungeon spawn not attack, after all monsters are only in dungeons right? This is UO, not Candyland for pete’s sake.

Quit crying and get creative. Learn where the thick reaper spawns are and if you have to avoid them. Use them to train characters and pets. Collect wood while training. Take your tree hugger friends there and enjoy the show. They serve many purposes, have undeniably strong D&D history, and are just plain fun.

Next time your in Fel (assuming some of you even know what that is) and get attacked by a horde of PKs, run straight to the nearest Reaper stronghold and I guarantee amusement will follow. Every one of them that stops for a split second to cast offensive spells on you will drop like flies. I cant count how many times I’ve used Reaper strongholds to dispatch bands of murderous thugs, it’s hilarious :D . Wall of stone casts ALOT faster then flamestrike or ebolt & will keep u alive in Reaper territory ALOT longer then your enemies.

Learn and adapt has been the main strategy in UO since day one. Quit complaining about a nerf that should never of happened and enjoy the FIX. #Leavethetreesalone
    So you gonna find me another location for my vendor house?  Easy if your source of income is not in the area you are telling people to avoid.
    Pawain said:
    Acid_Rain said:

So you gonna find me another location for my vendor house?  Easy if your source of income is not in the area you are telling people to avoid.
    How long ago was your house placed? Were the reapers casting then? 
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Acid_Rain said:

How long ago was your house placed? Were the reapers casting then? 
    They have not been casting for like 7 years. They stopped them for that reason.  Not my fault they forgot why they did it.

How does them casting improve your UO gameplay?
    So they were casting when you placed there? 
    edited April 2022
    McDougle said:
    Nope they just stood there in front of my house.  I did not own a keep until 2 years ago or so.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    edited April 2022
    McDougle said:
     Do you feel a benefit to your gameplay from the casting reapers, really? Is that where your thrill comes from? I love killing stuff with my fighting toons.. but not all of them are. In other shards they're just robe-wearing shoppers, so grief them not.

You want adventure, go do a champ and let adventure areas be so, and stoppers shop in peace.  If not enough adrenaline for you at the spawns, lets play on Fel, you might wish reapers had never ever cast!

Stopping reapers from casting had been a fix to several issues. She had no clue they didn't cast anymore, and by definition she had no clue of WHY it had been turned off. So she reverted the one while not knowing the other...  seems to be a not so well-planned course of action, as it were.
    We all know why they hot fixed it and much like the bridge houses being deleted we have to live with it..
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    Ahhh... that old-skool feel!!!
    LUV IT! 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2022
    Archangel said:

Stopping reapers from casting had been a fix to several issues. 
    “Can you describe one please?

(I have heard a report that the true harrower is now fixed and may be related to switching the reaper casting on)

I don’t remember anyone ever reporting and issue with reapers casting spells prior to them not casting, I personally never noticed they stopped casting as I too don’t tend to play naked, on any char. I’m a bit confused also if you’re playing naked won’t absolutely any spawn kill you?, why reapers are being singled out by these naked shoppers?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Yoshi said:
    Archangel said:

Stopping reapers from casting had been a fix to several issues. 
    “Can you describe one please?

(I have heard a report that the true harrower is now fixed and may be related to switching the reaper casting on)

I don’t remember anyone ever reporting and issue with reapers casting spells prior to them not casting, I personally never noticed they stopped casting as I too don’t tend to play naked, on any char. I’m a bit confused also if you’re playing naked won’t absolutely any spawn kill you?, why reapers are being singled out by these naked shoppers?”
    I think, at least in part, the issue with reapers is they are immobile.  An ogre, orc, etc. can be led off and won’t respawn for hours. Combine that with the fact that most vendors are positioned for shopping from outside the house, it does create a hassle for some shoppers.

Shopping on a geared character is likely not an issue, but not everyone gears their crafters or decorating characters, and there are the occasional new characters too.

While I’ve seen it mentioned a few times over the last few years, what I can’t remember is anyone complaining that reapers DIDN’T cast.  To my thinking there was virtually no downside to them not casting spells.  They aren’t useful for resist anymore, they still exist for players who want to loot them, any player who was going to hunt them likely could do so with ease with or without casting… I just don’t see the value of them casting when they cause such issues for vendors.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2022
    Reapers casting spells are not really a big deal and they are part of the game. I mean, we can't expect the team to erase the Swamp, Desert, Dungeon or Spawns just because we want peaceful surroundings? If it is such an irritation then change the house location, not the spawn or whatever is there on the map. 

Stop wasting time complaining about frivolous and minor issues so that the Dev Team does not have excuses to ignore the BIG bugs. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • RadstRadst Posts: 95
    Oh them reapers...neither important nor urgent "issue" but somehow on "HOT FIX" wow

Dev must had an empty backlog! UO finally has no more bugs to fix! Hooray!
  • SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 96
    Players: Fix Bugs!!
    Devs: *fixes a bug*
    Players: Not that bug!!!!
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 492
    edited April 2022
    Tribarrel bug next. :P Even though players want to keep it.  Except me.  I liked the predictability.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Superfrog said:
    Except… what if it’s not a bug.  What if it was a deliberate change made to address a specific player complaint that our Producer didn’t know about/remember?  Now she’s undone it and the same player complaint is being discussed.
    Merus said:
    Superfrog said:
    Except… what if it’s not a bug.  What if it was a deliberate change made to address a specific player complaint that our Producer didn’t know about/remember?  Now she’s undone it and the same player complaint is being discussed.
    Exactly
    Feigr said:
    Tribarrel bug next. :P Even though players want to keep it.  Except me.  I liked the predictability.
    the predictability still exists, you will get a spider tree!   :D
  • SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 96
    Merus said:
    Superfrog said:
    If it was done to address a specific player complaint, post a link to the documentation of it. If was an intentional thing then there must be several places it was stated, discussed and a publish note saying it was done.
    edited April 2022
     At a meet and greet someone asked why they had stopped casting mesanne wasn't aware they had which some people thought was not ok much smack talk and hurt feelings  later hotfix....