Random spell sounds

Anyone having sounds just randomly go off. It is happening every 1-2 min and sounds like a spell is going off? I could be just standing in my keep and it will almost sound like the heal spell or like when you would drink a potion. This just started yesterday afternoon. I asked some others and some were getting it as well. I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

Comments

• FeigrFeigr Posts: 490
    Yep, I've tried dying and waiting overnight.
  • Yes! Been hearing bless spells every few minutes, or less, on my tamer mage riding a dread mare. Thought it was my character, but stats were normal. However, the mare's stats were buffed, so I thought stabling the pet would end the sound loop madness. Tamer still insane from repetitive bless spell tone even riding an ethy. 
  • Yes and it seems to only have affected my tamer. Other toons do not have it.
  • Mu_WhiskersMu_Whiskers Posts: 19
    edited April 2022
    Just logged for first time since yesterday, on that psychotic tamer and remounted mare after saying "all guard me", and immediately pet buffed his strength. There are no visible hostiles in Brit town when I logged in. It seems like pet is reacting to a threat to us. Sound is continuing even when recalling to Luna. This is happening in classic client with UO Assist.
  • MsScarlettMsScarlett Posts: 58
    edited April 2022
    yes, the sound started while nightmare was fighting and i jumped on him. Stabled him last night and logged. Back today on an ethy and sound continues. (this is happening in EC)
    My tamer has all pets stabled and I still get the sounds.
  • Ok a guildmate had the sound and figured out how to stop it. The dreadmare or animal you were on needs to be told stay/stop then stable it. Sound is gone
    edited April 2022
    LOL I gotta figure out which one.  Yep, that fixed it.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 795
    edited April 2022
    It seems that pets are readying themselves for combat by casting beneficial spells on themselves like agility, strength, etc.

The question is, are the pets doing this needlessly (wasting mana or a spellcasting move) before the buffs wear off?  If so, that seems like a good bug to fix, added to the other magery/necromancy/etc pet AI fixes that have been called out separately.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 202
    I've noticed the crazed mage doing this while I was hiding...casting bless and heal and invising when nothing is around.
  • It seems that pets are readying themselves for combat by casting beneficial spells on themselves like agility, strength, etc.

The question is, are the pets doing this needlessly (wasting mana or a spellcasting move) before the buffs wear off?  If so, that seems like a good bug to fix, added to the other magery/necromancy/etc pet AI fixes that have been called out separately.
    exactly- thing is the sound continues while you ride the animal or stable. Happened again today, but I made sure I told him to stop and stay before stabling.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 300
    Who would of believed devs would break something else with the small hotfix to Reapers, but they indeed changed something.

Pets now cast bless, strength, agility and cunning on themselves on some occasion while standing still even while mounting the pet. You will hear the spells sounds every 5-8 sec.

Ever since that patch, I've also had some occasion where my pet casted spells from mounted  (like fireball, ebolts etc)