Dropping out for a while, items safe in bank? Endless Journey.

Hi all, as it says, 
Somehow I've managed to clean my house out, but is all my stuff safe in the bank with the item limits the endless journey has?
I don't really intend to play on EJ, but t if I did log back in I simply wouldn't be able to remove anything until I subscribed right?

Pets and such are safe I assume, there were during my last hiatus. 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Yes all safe.  

90 days before you can change to EJ.  You could remove items from the bank but you can't put stuff back in.  So make sure the toon you want for EJ has what he needs on him and no extra stuff.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    Pawain said:
    Yes all safe.  

90 days before you can change to EJ.  You could remove items from the bank but you can't put stuff back in.  So make sure the toon you want for EJ has what he needs on him and no extra stuff.

120 days, sorry.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    edited April 2022
    Pawain said:
    Yes all safe.  

This isn't completely accurate. Items will be in bank (and pets fine) and if you have under 20 items you will be able to use your bank box (this might be up to 28 items if you have upgraded your storage). If you have over 20 items they will all be there but you cannot access them without purchasing a vault token. 

Beware - once you purchase and use a vault token on your EJ account you will need to upkeep rent in order to keep your items safe. Failure to pay rent will result in items being sent to auction.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/npc-commercial-transactions/vaults/ ;

I did this on my EJ account I had from 10 years ago since I was actually able to remember the password. I remembered being super annoyed that I couldn't simply take stuff out of my bank (it gives some error message) because it was MY stuff in My bank. Eventually I paid the 300 sovereigns to clear out my bank boxes of most of the junk. My advice if you are able to is to put the super important stuff you might want to access in a player's backpack instead so you have free access to it upon return. Put the stuff you don't care about in the bank so you don't need to pay the 300 sovereigns if you don't want to (I had ethys in my bank box).
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    if you have BOD books, make sure to give them to someone else.
    EJ users can't use BOD books and once you log in, they poof.
  • NialoNialo Posts: 3
    edited April 2022
    Good tips, thanks all

Vet rewards no longer accumulate, but do I keep any unused selections for when i resubscribe?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    @Cinderella

Are you sure ?

The reason that I am asking, is that the UOWiki, at https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/beginning-the-adventure/endless-journey/ , when it comes to Bulk Order Deeds, to my understanding it indicates that Endless Journey accounts : 

Yes, cannot bribe up.  May only receive one BOD per day.

@Mariah , do you confirm that, as the UOWiki says, EJ characters can use, interact and hold Bulk Order Deeds and claim 1 per day ?
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    popps said:
    @ Cinderella

Are you sure ?

The reason that I am asking, is that the UOWiki, at https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/beginning-the-adventure/endless-journey/ , when it comes to Bulk Order Deeds, to my understanding it indicates that Endless Journey accounts : 

@ Mariah , do you confirm that, as the UOWiki says, EJ characters can use, interact and hold Bulk Order Deeds and claim 1 per day ?
    Something you could easily test yourself no?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    The information on that page was taken from the original Dev announcement, https://uo.com/endless-journey/
    which makes no mention of bulk order books, only bulk order deeds. it's accurate as far as I know.
    I do not have an EJ account, and  the EJ gate had to be removed from test center, so I have no way to confirm. Sorry.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Nialo said:
    Good tips, thanks all

Vet rewards no longer accumulate, but do I keep any unused selections for when i resubscribe?
    Yes they will be there.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • NialoNialo Posts: 3
    Awesome guys, thank you.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Make a few EJ Accounts and just use them for storage
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    popps said:
    @ Cinderella

Are you sure ?

@ Mariah , do you confirm that, as the UOWiki says, EJ characters can use, interact and hold Bulk Order Deeds and claim 1 per day ?
    I had to let one account go EJ and logged in on that account,
    to see what BOD books I had on that character.
    I heard a poof and a full BOD book disappeared from my backpack.
    (this wasn't that long after they introduced EJ)

I just handed a BOD book to an EJ account &
     this is the message that I got when I tried to open the book.

And yes, EJ can only get ONE bod a day.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    It would make sense that EJ can do a bod a day but not be used as free storage 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...