Newsletter 13 is out

2»

Comments

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    The spring events look very promising.

And the NL craft/resources seem like a dream come true! (Those would be awesome to have implemented also in UO. btw). I believe I will be playing NL gladly!
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Archangel said:
    The spring events look very promising.

And the NL craft/resources seem like a dream come true! (Those would be awesome to have implemented also in UO. btw). I believe I will be playing NL gladly!
    Yeah, they should bring it over prodo shard... all forms of automation.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "I'm hoping any new items/rewards are not going to be more powerful than anything current. I don't think i have the heart to rebuild all my char's suits for the third time this year..
    After Yukio's earrings,
    followed by HCI earrings. "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Yoshi said:
    "I'm hoping any new items/rewards are not going to be more powerful than anything current. I don't think i have the heart to rebuild all my char's suits for the third time this year..
    After Yukio's earrings,
    First world problems. 

No reason to put something in the game If it is not an upgrade.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:
    After Yukio's earrings,
    First world problems. 

So how will players be able to play NL and ignore new items on home shard? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    NL has not been released.  And these items will be long gone by then.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    So you're suggesting that once NL is released production shards will get nothing? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    They should give us 3 months to play NL and concentrate on that.  After 3 months we will be bored and need something else.  Up to them to decide where.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    edited March 2022
    To redirect this conversation away from the non-stop NL kvetching,

I want to highlight how excited I am that there is new virtue content coming! I hope that monk standing there gives away the 'Ankh of Devotion' which has a cool effect. (I also hope we get those neat candles..)

There is a lot in this upcoming event that seems to involve plants, birds, and bugs. Obviously pretty timed to the spring season, but is also really welcome cause anything that strengthens the feel of the "natural world" of the game is a good idea. Makes it more of a real place (especially as expressed through fun quests) as opposed to just a series of areas where certain mobs tend to appear. 

Finally, boy that NL calendar raises a ton of questions, doesn't it? For RP purposes I've tried to figure out what year we are in, in a way that makes sense for the game universe and the real world. This has been difficult.

So, from that picture of the calendar they put up, 73 days in that month * 12 = 876 days per Britannian year. To me this is news because it confirms (or reconfirms again cause when was the last time the dev team talked about this?) what is on the UOGuide page about time. If that page is still correct and one Earth year equals five Britannian years, then 125 years have passed since the start of the game.

If the game starts at Britannia year 300 (based upon that old Seer timeline where year 0 was the breaking of the Gem) or year 289 (based on the UOGuide page) then we're around year 414-425. If you were around for the spell that split the facets into Trammel and Felucca (let's say year 315) then your character is well over a hundred years old. Blackthorn has been on the throne for 50 years. Maybe most importantly that unfinished marble statue in Minoc has been sitting around for hundreds of years at this point..
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:
    After Yukio's earrings,
    First world problems. 

We need to put this statement at the top of the UO.com to remind @Kyronix please give us good reasonS upgrade our suits every year.
    Pawain said:
    They should give us 3 months to play NL and concentrate on that.  After 3 months we will be bored and need something else.  Up to them to decide where.
    They took 3 years to make something we get bored in 3 months  :D

+1
    edited March 2022
    Jepeth said:
    To redirect this conversation away from the non-stop NL kvetching,

I want to highlight how excited I am that there is new virtue content coming! I hope that monk standing there gives away the 'Ankh of Devotion' which has a cool effect. (I also hope we get those neat candles..)

There is a lot in this upcoming event that seems to involve plants, birds, and bugs. Obviously pretty timed to the spring season, but is also really welcome cause anything that strengthens the feel of the "natural world" of the game is a good idea. Makes it more of a real place (especially as expressed through fun quests) as opposed to just a series of areas where certain mobs tend to appear. 

Finally, boy that NL calendar raises a ton of questions, doesn't it? For RP purposes I've tried to figure out what year we are in, in a way that makes sense for the game universe and the real world. This has been difficult.

So, from that picture of the calendar they put up, 73 days in that month * 12 = 876 days per Britannian year. To me this is news because it confirms (or reconfirms again cause when was the last time the dev team talked about this?) what is on the UOGuide page about time. If that page is still correct and one Earth year equals five Britannian years, then 125 years have passed since the start of the game.

If the game starts at Britannia year 300 (based upon that old Seer timeline where year 0 was the breaking of the Gem) or year 289 (based on the UOGuide page) then we're around year 414-425. If you were around for the spell that split the facets into Trammel and Felucca (let's say year 315) then your character is well over a hundred years old. Blackthorn has been on the throne for 50 years. Maybe most importantly that unfinished marble statue in Minoc has been sitting around for hundreds of years at this point..
    Yes it looks like it is decorative. So what do you think the Ankh would do?

I'm hoping the Ribbon of valor is a wall hanging,  hopefully it at least makes some affect when you click it.

The Plinth makes a better base for the Dove cage than mine sitting on a Trash Barrel.  Hopefully a Bust will fit nicely on top of those.

I assume the Bird House will do something.  Maybe a colorful bird comes out when you click it.
    The mud pile may make a Squish noise.

I have interest in all of the items shown.  But so far none of the weapons from these events have made me want to buy them.

The clothing be interesting if it has stats that will make us consider changing our suits.
    Or if it is completely new and has a new property or has something that will enhance a specific template.
    Quiver will have to be pretty special for me to change from Despicable.

@seth The slayer tali will probably be like the last one, No SSI.

@ seth The slayer tali will probably be like the last one, No SSI.
    Then its not an upgrade...

"our focus this year has been on wrapping up Resource Acquisition & Crafting before moving on to the Guild & Social & PvP side of things. 
    "

so this means
    2022 Resource Acquisition & Crafting
    2023 Guild
    2024 Social
    2025 PVP (this must be most interesting).
    2026 Beta test, final QC, debug and debug.
    2027 Released
  • ActionEllyActionElly Posts: 156
    edited March 2022
    I still haven't got the latest newsletter and I get all of them! Update: Sure enough it was in gmail's spam folder.
    Seth said:

Since there is no Fey Tali.  It would be an upgrade...
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:

Since there is no Fey Tali.  It would be an upgrade...
     why.. u... we... could have... conned... the dev... to give us... a fey cameo.
    @Mariah @Mesanna
    Is it possible to update the link newsletter archive to the website navigation?

https://uo.com/newsletter-archive/

Now they only have old newsletter.

I know there is another latest archive link but why is it not updated on the top nav bar?
    Seth said:
    @ Mariah @ Mesanna

I know there is another latest archive link but why is it not updated on the top nav bar?
    Any newsletter has a link at the top left to past newsletters. No need to fix what is not broken.

https://us9.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=17d7bd79de495239fca33bcf5&id=3b563e3983

Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    @ Mariah @ Mesanna

Any newsletter has a link at the top left to past newsletters. No need to fix what is not broken.

https://us9.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=17d7bd79de495239fca33bcf5&id=3b563e3983

I didn't ask where is the new link.

I am asking to fix the Broken Link in UO.COM nav bar above.
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    @ Mariah @ Mesanna

I didn't ask where is the new link.

I am asking to fix the Broken Link in UO.COM nav bar above.
    The link in your post works for me.  It does take a while to load.  But things like this would be acknowledged faster here: https://forum.uo.com/categories/forum-feedback ; Her personal fix this please area.
    It loads pretty fast for me, but it is loading an outdated webpage instead of the new link.

The best place to get attention is still in the main forum as it is right on top of the forum page, while the "Forum Feedback" is right at the bottom like all the forgotten bug post. 

• KazbarKazbar Posts: 8
    Did anyone make it to the Dev Meet and Greet on Monday, March 21st at 7pm ET? I missed it but can't find any information about it.