No more easter eggs in Britain Fields in Felucca?

On Pacific the easter eggs appear to no longer spawn on a regular basis in the Britain fields in Felucca.  Are other shards seeing the same lack of egg spawning?

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    I just checked on ATL and I was able to find some around the fields (in the houses and in the grass) but not specifically in the dirt.

You might be right though because when the event first kicked off I marked a rune for Ocllo (Fel) farms where I was getting a consistent 2-3 eggs all day and then a day or 2 later when I'd go there weren't any eggs. I chalked it up to someone else finding the location and working it but when I've gone back even right after server up they aren't there so maybe it's possible the egg locations move?
  • Of_BeastsOf_Beasts Posts: 99
    I am not sure, but it might be possible that people are running scripts that loot it now before you even see it.  Kind of like the botters loot stealables in doom.
    I thought that too when I was going in the middle of the day but the good thing about daily shard maintenance is that those botters have to wake up and resume scripting. So usually right after server up, they aren't running yet.

To put it in perspective, good luck trying to collect eggs on ATL at 6pm because most of the "usual" spots are going to be botted (you can find eggs in the middle of the woods randomly but isn't very efficient). But when I've checked at 6am, it's like a ghost town and I've easily collected 20-30 eggs rather quickly.
    keven2002 said:
    I thought that too when I was going in the middle of the day but the good thing about daily shard maintenance is that those botters have to wake up and resume scripting. So usually right after server up, they aren't running yet.

To put it in perspective, good luck trying to collect eggs on ATL at 6pm because most of the "usual" spots are going to be botted (you can find eggs in the middle of the woods randomly but isn't very efficient). But when I've checked at 6am, it's like a ghost town and I've easily collected 20-30 eggs rather quickly.

Its very sad that people have to monotize the game, and play the meta, ruining the game for actual people playing.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I'm confused why are there living bots in fel ?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    McDougle said:
    The Britain fields are in the Britain guard zone and PKers get guard wacked. I had two PKer's try to kill me while I was in the fields and as soon as they attacked me they got wacked. 
    TimSt said:
    McDougle said:
    The Britain fields are in the Britain guard zone and PKers get guard wacked. I had two PKer's try to kill me while I was in the fields and as soon as they attacked me they got wacked. 
    Ahhh
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Anyone actually see any bots or is this just an assumption? 

Also, it could be possible the eggs don’t spawn instantly on server up and instead spawn gradually over time. 

Additionally, can anyone confirm the eggs spawn in the EXACT same spots? I’ve seen them in general areas but don’t know about specific coordinates. 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    dvvid said:
    Anyone actually see any bots or is this just an assumption? 

Also, it could be possible the eggs don’t spawn instantly on server up and instead spawn gradually over time. 

Additionally, can anyone confirm the eggs spawn in the EXACT same spots? I’ve seen them in general areas but don’t know about specific coordinates. 
    It used to be two eggs per farm house. Either inside or outside with a small number of possible exact locations possible. With a respawn time of about 5 minutes. 
    Yea I've seen as least 1 bot... they recall in and if there is any egg around them it gets vacuumed up. I'd imagine it's just like any other resource gathering / doom stealable bot. 

That said, I think the Devs kind of kept this in mind and that's why eggs will spawn just about anywhere. The downside of this is that while wondering through the woods you might gather 1 or 2 in 5-10min of play whereas if you have spots like Britain Farms marked you can recall around to your 10-15 spots and in 1 round (ie 5min) you will have 20-30 eggs. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    So, a player that recalls to spots and gets any eggs near there or gets no eggs and recalls away is a Bot.

We have a thread that makes EC a vacuum for eggs.

Call me a Bot when I am hunting pumpkins and Butchers, I have each field marked.  If nothing is there I leave.  If something is there  I fight it.

Maybe players have figured out where eggs spawn and they recall there and if no eggs they recall to the next spot.  That does not make them a Bot.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    So, a player that recalls to spots and gets any eggs near there or gets no eggs and recalls away is a Bot.

We have a thread that makes EC a vacuum for eggs.

Call me a Bot when I am hunting pumpkins and Butchers, I have each field marked.  If nothing is there I leave.  If something is there  I fight it.

Maybe players have figured out where eggs spawn and they recall there and if no eggs they recall to the next spot.  That does not make them a Bot.

No it does not make them a bot.  But bots do use recall in and out of areas.  Mining bots do it all the time.  So yes, not everyone recalling is a bot, but most certainly some of them are.  And they usually are running scripts that do things lightning fast compared to a player that is just playing the game.
    Players don't have multiple 60k deeds of resources after 25 years?  Bots and EJ accounts are just everywhere.  Except where I play I guess.
    edited March 2022
    Pawain said:
    Players don't have multiple 60k deeds of resources after 25 years?  Bots and EJ accounts are just everywhere.  Except where I play I guess.

Not everyone lives this game 24/7.  I come back off and on since the year 2000 and do not have lots of stuff.  You sure are defensive for not being called out for anything.
    edited March 2022
    Of_Beasts said:
    Pawain said:

Not everyone lives this game 24/7.  I come back off and on since the year 2000 and do not have lots of stuff.  You sure are defensive for not being called out for anything.
    According to him the game is flawless and nobody cheats and if he can do something everyone else can. Just disregard what he says like 95% of everyone else :) 

I've been playing long enough to know a bot when I see one. It's exactly like the old IDOC days when a horde of gargoyles was vacuum up everything once the house fell... I guess that also wasn't a bot either according to him.
    keven2002 said:
    Of_Beasts said:
    Pawain said:

According to him the game is flawless and nobody cheats and if he can do something everyone else can. Just disregard what he says like 95% of everyone else :) 

I've been playing long enough to know a bot when I see one. It's exactly like the old IDOC days when a horde of gargoyles was vacuum up everything once the house fell... I guess that also wasn't a bot either according to him.

Ok :).  I do enjoy his taming posts.  They have lots of information.  But ya, he seems to just want to argue so I will just go on with my day.  Its beautiful outside and need to start working soil for my garden anyways hehe.
  • DryzzidDryzzid Posts: 80
    No bots in Fel Atlantic,  I had my tracker there more than a couple times thinking the same thing. 

I think day 1 all egg spawns were on and after that it was random.
    Mayor of North Harbor Township, Atlantic Shard
    74503058 | Dryzzid#5091
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 171
    i can vouch for this i been farming eggs on a dead server, and as of yesterday they are no longer spawning in brit fel, but they are still spawning in tram brit just fine.
    edited April 2022
    Took  a trip to Brit Farms Fel (ATL) 5min ago and I saw at least 2 different spots with an egg. I also heard someone recall out which tells me someone else either is checking (and grabbing eggs) or I beat them to it.

Be persistent! 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I find the eggs another logistic chore to sort and store... Why is everyone collecting these.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    I find the eggs another logistic chore to sort and store... Why is everyone collecting these.

Its a currency for shiney Pixle items.  I quit the game during the deciet farming a couple years ago because of burnout and refuse to do it again.  I see so many of my friends just burning the candle at both ends on this now, and I wonder how long before they burn out as well.  I can understand there being events, but to have a farmable event that lasts a month or so is just nuts lol.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 237
    Of_Beasts said:
    Seth said:

Its a currency for shiney Pixle items.  I quit the game during the deciet farming a couple years ago because of burnout and refuse to do it again.  I see so many of my friends just burning the candle at both ends on this now, and I wonder how long before they burn out as well.  I can understand there being events, but to have a farmable event that lasts a month or so is just nuts lol.
    So they should have a farmable event that lasts a week instead so more pressure is put on to farm during that limited window causing even more players to burnout?

Or it's your fault for burning out over a month long event because you have no self control.
    Of_Beasts said:
    Seth said:

So they should have a farmable event that lasts a week instead so more pressure is put on to farm during that limited window causing even more players to burnout?

Or it's your fault for burning out over a month long event because you have no self control.

as far as burning out, it is all my fault.  No doubt about it.  Can I ask you a question?  Why do people call digital items pixle crack?  Is it because it is addictive or is it that the pixle has cracks in it?  Games are made to be addictive in order to keep the player base up, and that is just how it works.  All I am saying is that I did burn out because I was chasing the pixle crack.  I hate seeing my friends go through the same thing.  After a while, you will notice players dropping off after these events and the game is empty until the next shipment of pixle crack comes in.  Yes, it is my fault, but I want people to stick around, so I say what I feel is right.  You might have a different opinion, and that is fine, I'm not going to attack you for your opinion.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “I’m not collecting eggs”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “I’m not collecting eggs”
    I am up to 6 eggs I have found on the ground.
    But people will have time to play NL  instead of their home shard..
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Could have been better:
    - Click a bag of eggs to assign them as quest items
    - Tired of custom mod for a built-in scavenger function in EC. It should work out of the box. 
    All these EC mods are more like fixes for EC client bugs.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • "I can eat 50 Eggs"
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “pretty sure you can pick up the eggs sans macro…”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “pretty sure you can pick up the eggs sans macro…”
    Nope, you need a macro and store bought items to win UO!