Bod Books - Alphabetical Sort

TheoTheo Posts: 167
edited March 2022 in General Discussions
Please have a checkbox option to default the book to alphabetical sort. It makes it so much easier to find bods you are looking for. 

If you need some info on how to do a bubble sort - here is some code help.
We've needed this for 10+ years.

https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/bubble-sort/

1. Do you think alphabetical sort for bod books is helpful?16 votes
    1. Yes
      68.75%
    2. No
      12.50%
    3. I don't use bod books
      18.75%

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    I use them daily have thought many times of this. Just a simple little box added to the sorting options would make it so much easier. It would reallly help too with tailoring's "shirt" \ "skirt" eye strain nightmare.

Also, I am saying this again - we need a FILL FROM BACKPACK OPTION LIKE THE TRADE ORDER CRATES HAVE!
  • TheoTheo Posts: 167
    Marge said:
    I use them daily have thought many times of this. Just a simple little box added to the sorting options would make it so much easier. It would reallly help too with tailoring's "shirt" \ "skirt" eye strain nightmare.

Also, I am saying this again - we need a FILL FROM BACKPACK OPTION LIKE THE TRADE ORDER CRATES HAVE!
    You can at least 'fill from container' and click your backpack. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    I have seen people that have books of each item type. Apron etc...  They are called hoarders.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Pawain said:
    I have seen people that have books of each item type. Apron etc...  They are called hoarders.
    Yes we are.
    Theo said:
    Marge said:

I'm guessing that is an EC function?
    Pawain said:

I call them Artisan Fest Tree Growers.... :D
    Marge said:
    Theo said:
    Marge said:

I'm guessing that is an EC function?
    Pawain said:

I call them Artisan Fest Tree Growers.... :D
    Not an EC Function.  DBL CLK BOD and look at the ways to fill.  Pre bribing some of us amassed a large quantity of bods and it is hard to get rid of them because for every one you turn in you get one in return.
    Oh - I meant to fill the Bod BOOK itself - not the DEED. When I'm sorting through 50 or more books looking for jester suit pieces after puling them all out - I would love for the the book itself to act like the trade order crate and suck up all the loose deeds into the book with one click. No more dragging the deeds onto the book.

I know all about large quantities... been saving bods since they came out.....
    Marge said:
    Oh - I meant to fill the Bod BOOK itself - not the DEED. When I'm sorting through 50 or more books looking for jester suit pieces after puling them all out - I would love for the the book itself to act like the trade order crate and suck up all the loose deeds into the book with one click. No more dragging the deeds onto the book.

Yes I have been looking for a legal way to auto put BODs into the BOD Books.  I am down to 76 BOD Vendors LOL
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Marge said:

Yes I have been looking for a legal way to auto put BODs into the BOD Books.  I am down to 76 BOD Vendors LOL
    In the EC you can use an organizer agent. I have separate agents for each of the crafting disciplines. 
    TimSt said:
    Marge said:

In the EC you can use an organizer agent. I have separate agents for each of the crafting disciplines. 
    It is easy to sort by skill just using the BOD Book itself.  What we want is the ability to sort by what the BOD is (Tailor cloth 10 so far no problem SHIRT now if we had an alphabetical sort that would make it a lot easier to get the BOD out of the book.  Now comes the hard part, putting them back in one at a time, drag and drop, that is one of the things we want an auto fill BOD Book.  HUGE quality of life upgrade.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    One thing that I think, would immensely help to reduce the number of Bulk Order Deeds in circulation, is giving to players a frendlier way to craft all of the various items needed by BODs and to fill those BODs...

As of now, it is significantly time consuming to craft all items needed by BODs, fill those BODs, turn them in and rinse and repeat and many players are deterred from wanting to significantly "mass fill in" their large stacks of BODs by the very large time it takes to get that done.

So, what could greatly help players to fill in their BODs and, thus, contribute to reducing significantly the very large mass of BODs stocked up by players ?

A Crafting bench (could be a new Veteran Reward) that players could lock down in their Home which could hold unlimited quantities of Resources (as all locked down containers do in a House, so nothing new on this....) and which Bulk Order Deeds could "interact with" through an additional, new button given to BODs whereas the player holding the BOD could press while being close to this Crafting bench and, of course, having the crafting skill related to crafting the items that the BOD was to ask for as well as whatever tool that skill needs for crafting.

Upon pressing that "make it" button on the Bulk Order Deed, the mechanics would use the resources directly from the bench, without any need to drag them on the character's main backpack, AND, as the items asked by the BOD get crafted, they would automatically be filled onto the BOD untill it is all filled up.

Then, players could turn them in, fill Large BODs with them, whatever they feel more comfortable with.

This would significantly expedite the filling of BODs which, to my opinion, is too much time consuming as of now and their slowness deters many players from actually wanting to seriously tackle their large stocks of BODs and reduce them down significantly.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2022
     we can have hirelings crafter who can collect bods, make items and fill up bods... it's like playing civilisation. Then the world will not be so empty because so many hirelings will be running around town working for us.

The aging population need more automation.  :'(

Gold sink idea.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    popps said:
    One thing that I think, would immensely help to reduce the number of Bulk Order Deeds in circulation, is giving to players a frendlier way to craft all of the various items needed by BODs and to fill those BODs...

As of now, it is significantly time consuming to craft all items needed by BODs, fill those BODs, turn them in and rinse and repeat and many players are deterred from wanting to significantly "mass fill in" their large stacks of BODs by the very large time it takes to get that done.

So, what could greatly help players to fill in their BODs and, thus, contribute to reducing significantly the very large mass of BODs stocked up by players ?

A Crafting bench (could be a new Veteran Reward) that players could lock down in their Home which could hold unlimited quantities of Resources (as all locked down containers do in a House, so nothing new on this....) and which Bulk Order Deeds could "interact with" through an additional, new button given to BODs whereas the player holding the BOD could press while being close to this Crafting bench and, of course, having the crafting skill related to crafting the items that the BOD was to ask for as well as whatever tool that skill needs for crafting.

Upon pressing that "make it" button on the Bulk Order Deed, the mechanics would use the resources directly from the bench, without any need to drag them on the character's main backpack, AND, as the items asked by the BOD get crafted, they would automatically be filled onto the BOD untill it is all filled up.

Then, players could turn them in, fill Large BODs with them, whatever they feel more comfortable with.

This would significantly expedite the filling of BODs which, to my opinion, is too much time consuming as of now and their slowness deters many players from actually wanting to seriously tackle their large stocks of BODs and reduce them down significantly.
    LMAO  You are so clueless when it comes to BODs.  It does not matter how fast or how slow you fill BODs it will NEVER reduce the amount of BODs I have.  If I go to a Smith with 100 pre-filled BODs I will leave with 100 empty BODs so now how did I reduce the amount of BODs I have.  Right now there are only THREE yes 5 ways for me to reduce my total number of BODs I have
    #1 Throw away BODS
    #2 Do Not collect a BOD when I turn in a BOD
    #3 The FUN one is advance the Xmas Tree on you shard.  Doing two Trees from zero to max did reduce my total BOD count a little and was FUN supporting BAJA Shard.

As for your suggestion before they changed how we filled BODs I had UOA macros set up for every small BOD Smith and Tailor, N and Ex 10/15/20.  Haven't needed those in a long time with the NEW way to fill BODs and the make MAX on crafting tools.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited March 2022
    popps said:

LMAO  You are so clueless when it comes to BODs.  It does not matter how fast or how slow you fill BODs it will NEVER reduce the amount of BODs I have.  If I go to a Smith with 100 pre-filled BODs I will leave with 100 empty BODs so now how did I reduce the amount of BODs I have.  Right now there are only THREE yes 5 ways for me to reduce my total number of BODs I have
    #1 Throw away BODS
    #2 Do Not collect a BOD when I turn in a BOD
    #3 The FUN one is advance the Xmas Tree on you shard.  Doing two Trees from zero to max did reduce my total BOD count a little and was FUN supporting BAJA Shard.

As for your suggestion before they changed how we filled BODs I had UOA macros set up for every small BOD Smith and Tailor, N and Ex 10/15/20.  Haven't needed those in a long time with the NEW way to fill BODs and the make MAX on crafting tools.
    LMAO  You are so clueless when it comes to BODs.  It does not matter how fast or how slow you fill BODs it will NEVER reduce the amount of BODs I have.  If I go to a Smith with 100 pre-filled BODs I will leave with 100 empty BODs so now how did I reduce the amount of BODs I have. 

Really ?

I have news for you, the Bulk Order Deeds content is comprised not only of Small Bulk Order Deeds but, also, of LARGE Bulk Order Deeds...

And these LARGE Bulk Order Deeds, can take up to SIX Small Bulk Order Deeds to combine them into 1 "Filled" Large Order Deed to turn in.... which will yield only 1 Bulk Order Deed in return...

That is, SEVEN Bulk Order Deeds turned in, with ONE only getting given by the NPC.

A NET LOSS of 6 Bulk Order Deeds from the total circulating....

To me, it looks like a "reduction" in the BODs circulating....

If the Developers wanted to seriously reduce the number of BODs in players' hands, all that they would need to do, to my opinion, is increase the drop rate for Large BODs, and most notably, of those asking for 5 or 6 Small BODs.... this way, and rather quickly, BODs in players' hands would "vaporize" when players were to exchange 7 BODs (1 Large containing 6 Smalls) and only get 1 back....

Even better, they could Design new Large BODs taking more then 6 Smalls, like 10, even 15 smalls....

Quickly enough, players turning 1 Large containing 15 Smalls and only getting 1 BOD in return, would deplete their stocks of BODs... of course, if these Larges taking 10, 15 Smalls, where to be common to get, and not a rare occurrance....
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    @popps Please don't take us down that rabbit hole. This thread is about improving book sorting, please stay on topic.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Mariah said:
    @ popps Please don't take us down that rabbit hole. This thread is about improving book sorting, please stay on topic.

*LIKE!*
    Mariah said:
    @ popps Please don't take us down that rabbit hole. This thread is about improving book sorting, please stay on topic.

*LOVE*
    edited March 2022
    A simple Alphabetical sort with all the filters that BOD Books would be OUTSTANDING and is there a way to make them containers/sort bags/what ever you want to call them for EC and UO Assist would be a HUGE quality of life upgrade@Kyronix @Bleak is this possible to help your aging crafters/player base. 

If you really want to reduce the amount of bods a crafter has then allow us to turn in BODs and store the points, not this bank point system, but the total points and you do not get a BOD until you claim a reward.  Example 10N cloth BOD is 10 points and I could turn in 70 of them for a Barbed Runic Sewing Kit (700 points) and only get 1 BOD back when I claim my reward, this would take 69 BODs out of the system.  Bribing will still have its place for all the LBODS and BODs to fill them.  Banking Point system does nothing to reduce the quantity of BODs being hoarded and I doubt very much that anybody uses that anyway.
    A simple Alphabetical sort with all the filters that BOD Books would be OUTSTANDING and is there a way to make them containers/sort bags/what ever you want to call them for EC and UO Assist would be a HUGE quality of life upgrade.  @ Kyronix @ Bleak is this possible to help your aging crafters/player base. 

If you really want to reduce the amount of bods a crafter has then allow us to turn in BODs and store the points, not this bank point system, but the total points and you do not get a BOD until you claim a reward.  Example 10N cloth BOD is 10 points and I could turn in 70 of them for a Barbed Runic Sewing Kit (700 points) and only get 1 BOD back when I claim my reward, this would take 69 BODs out of the system.  Bribing will still have its place for all the LBODS and BODs to fill them.  Banking Point system does nothing to reduce the quantity of BODs being hoarded and I doubt very much that anybody uses that anyway.
    +1

I also wonder if double clicking the BOD can show us the if rewards vs points, so we can recap what we can get for a BOD.

After stopping for 6 mths or a year i could not recall what BODs to the pof or clothing bless deed, which one can bribe to what level. Yeah we can recall to a vendor or check website but that is not efficient. 
    edited March 2022
    Seth said:
    A simple Alphabetical sort with all the filters that BOD Books would be OUTSTANDING and is there a way to make them containers/sort bags/what ever you want to call them for EC and UO Assist would be a HUGE quality of life upgrade.  @ Kyronix @ Bleak is this possible to help your aging crafters/player base. 

+1

I also wonder if double clicking the BOD can show us the if rewards vs points, so we can recap what we can get for a BOD.

After stopping for 6 mths or a year i could not recall what BODs to the pof or clothing bless deed, which one can bribe to what level. Yeah we can recall to a vendor or check website but that is not efficient. 
    Opening the BOD will show you the points.  I have a spread sheet for all the BODs but opening the UO Wiki is fast and easy.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/bulk-orders/#deeds

bod-alchemyAlchemybod-blacksmith Blacksmithbod-bowcraft Bowcraftbod-carpenter Carpentry
    bod-cookingCookingbod-scribeInscriptionbod-tailorTailorbod-tinkerTinker
  • TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 160
    Seth said:
     we can have hirelings crafter who can collect bods, make items and fill up bods... it's like playing civilisation. Then the world will not be so empty because so many hirelings will be running around town working for us.

Gold sink idea.

I call that hireling who does my BODs for me my husband LOL

Though, to be fair, BODS are not something he actually hoards. Everything else, yes. I just bring over the BODs he wants or needs and he fills them for the reward he wants. I add on a couple extra for myself and pick up my reward from his mailbox :)
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
    Seth said:

Gold sink idea.

I call that hireling who does my BODs for me my husband LOL

Though, to be fair, BODS are not something he actually hoards. Everything else, yes. I just bring over the BODs he wants or needs and he :D fills them for the reward he wants. I add on a couple extra for myself and pick up my reward from his mailbox :)
    wow, can I hire him...  :D
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

I don't agree with this.
    if you want to get rid of your collection,
    then just don't accept a new one.
    or put them on vendors.

it is so hard to get a collection going on Siege.
    this would make it that much harder.

Are you also forgetting about the Artisan Festival?
    It takes lots of BODs to put the star on top of the tree.

edited March 2022

I don't agree with this.
    or put them on vendors.

How would this make it harder to get a collection going on SP, no body says you have to do it this way it would just be an added feature also the DEVs want us to stop hoarding BODs.

I did 2 TWO trees for the Artisan Festival on Baja and I still have a ton of BODs

Trying to give players incentives to getting rid of BIDs other than throwing them away.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited March 2022

I don't agree with this.
    or put them on vendors.

How would this make it harder to get a collection going on SP, no body says you have to do it this way it would just be an added feature also the DEVs want us to stop hoarding BODs.

I did 2 TWO trees for the Artisan Festival on Baja and I still have a ton of BODs

Trying to give players incentives to getting rid of BIDs other than throwing them away.
    On Siege, you only have 1 character per account.
    3 BODs a day, if you remember to collect them.

I fill as many BODs as I can while skill training.
    I turn in about 200-300 BODs at a time.
    On Siege, if I did that, then I wouldn't have any BODs at all.
    And it takes long time to get that many again.
    forget about helping with the Artisan Festival then.

on Sonoma I fill lots of BODs for the Artisan Festival.
    I was able to get rid of about 6K of BODs
    (Large BODs take lot of those,
    not to mention the ones that my characters dropped on the elf)
    on production shards you can get  21 bods a day.

========

And about hoarding BODs...
    this is something I would never stop doing.
    A crafter was the very first character I did in this game.
    And I fill bods when I work up the skills,
    not just during Artisan Festival time.

And who do you think suggested the stained glass windows 
    and the foldable blankets (wanted blankets for Large beds though lol)?
    which was also suggested to reduced peoples hoarding.
    (I'm just glad I didn't suggest two more items,
    I wouldn't know where to put those lol)

==========

An incentive to stop hoarding BODs.
    let us throw unfilled BODs in the trash for 10 cleanup pts

or give us a "insert skill name" apprentice
    that we can drop the BOD on.
    the apprentice switches the BOD to a different one.

(example: drop cookie mix BOD, get a dough BOD back
           or   nexus core BOD, get a Lesser Cure BOD)

@Cinderella ; EJ Accounts for SP problem solved, I know all about SP.

Nobody say you have to use any incentives what so ever but the more we can come up with the better it would be for Crafters esp the new people starting out to get to get rewards that others will buy like PoF or runics or CBDs

edited April 2022
    Seth said:

+1

Opening the BOD will show you the points.  I have a spread sheet for all the BODs but opening the UO Wiki is fast and easy.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/bulk-orders/#deeds

bod-alchemyAlchemybod-blacksmith Blacksmithbod-bowcraft Bowcraftbod-carpenter Carpentry
    bod-cookingCookingbod-scribeInscriptionbod-tailorTailorbod-tinkerTinker
    yeah i know they are on the website, but was hoping to stay in the game. 

Whenever I do crafting I have to game client windows, excel sheet, website reference. 

Feels like another day job man... I thought I will be retiring soon and playing uo 24/7, but this multi window screen is like a my current job except I am paying to do it and not getting paid.  :(
     :D