Any other consistent rabbit spawning locations?

Besides the farming fields near Britain, Moonglow, and Skara Brae are there any other consistent rabbit spawning locations? Despite killing several hundred rabbits in the fields I have only managed to spawn plain, yellow, and pink rabbits. Time to try other locations.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I think it's almost necessary to use the totem..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited March 2022
    "Now that I have acquired my Green Bunny I can say I was using a totem outside Umbra... out the West Gate there is a tiny clearing in the ugly trees which has about 5 Jack Rabbits that spawn... North of there is about 2 other spots with 3 to 5 Jack Rabbits that spawn... and thankfully the Totem works there. Using up 3.1 Totems I got 1 white and 1 green Jack Rabbit... about 5 or 6 blue and about that many red... I did start killing blues... killed a LOT Of pink and yellow ones...

Good luck...

Edit: Sorry I meant EAST side not west! EAST ... go EAST out of Umbra!"
    -MalagAste
    The elusive bunnies | Stratics Community Forums

--
    I had a TA once who was, as she called it, "Directionally Challenged". It was a class where we plotted things on x,y coordinate axis. Hell'uva class.

I've also seen two blues in the fields in Britain. Called one out in chat today and someone rushed over to tame it, pushed the wrong macro and killed it instead. Fun times these events.

The other blue is in my stable if ya want it TimSt.
    -Arroth
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Delucia either north east or south, or all around between the two really.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited March 2022
    I've been farming Jack Rabbits near the Homare-Jima Moongate in Tokuno, decent Jack Rabbit spawn, and not a lot of enemy spawn. I specifically tame them in Tokuno, because if so inclined, they could be given Ninjitsu/Bushido then. A Ninja Rabbit would be funny (they already have Hiding).
    Even after killing probably over a thousand Jack Rabbits, i've only ever seen the uncommon Yellow (1169) and Purple (1168) spawn (besides at the Wind Champ, which is normal Rabbits). I'm inclined to believe that the rarer colors, may be locked behind the Totem of Chromatic Fortune. When it comes to the Yellow and Purple, i only tame the ones with max Physical Resist, which is 5% for Jack Rabbits. Normal Rabbits go up to 10% for some reason, but normal Rabbits don't seem to spawn in Tokuno. :/
  • Delucia either north east or south, or all around between the two really.
    This, i use outside the NE corner of the walls to do rabbits when i get them for Hag's quest.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited March 2022
    I've been farming Jack Rabbits near the Homare-Jima Moongate in Tokuno, decent Jack Rabbit spawn, and not a lot of enemy spawn. I specifically tame them in Tokuno, because if so inclined, they could be given Ninjitsu/Bushido then. A Ninja Rabbit would be funny (they already have Hiding).
    Even after killing probably over a thousand Jack Rabbits, i've only ever seen the uncommon Yellow (1169) and Purple (1168) spawn (besides at the Wind Champ, which is normal Rabbits). I'm inclined to believe that the rarer colors, may be locked behind the Totem of Chromatic Fortune. When it comes to the Yellow and Purple, i only tame the ones with max Physical Resist, which is 5% for Jack Rabbits. Normal Rabbits go up to 10% for some reason, but normal Rabbits don't seem to spawn in Tokuno. :/

Even if tamed in Tokuno, Jack Rabbits cannot get Ninjitsu nor Bushido.  

The first morning of the event I was able to find the blue 1195 and white 1150 out randomly in the world.

I think the chances for the 1166 (which only seem to come in Rabbit) and 1169 (which only seem to come in Jack Rabbit) are ridiculously low.  I know of a person or two who got one without a totem but most have been with.TimSt said:
    Besides the farming fields near Britain, Moonglow, and Skara Brae are there any other consistent rabbit spawning locations?
    Rabbit or Jack Rabbit? Or either?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    @Violet Either Rabbit or Jack Rabbit will do.  Until Arroth_Thaiel's reply I did not know Jack Rabbits were on the menu.  I managed to spawn a blue one in Homare-Jima.
  • Violet said:

Even if tamed in Tokuno, Jack Rabbits cannot get Ninjitsu nor Bushido.  

The first morning of the event I was able to find the blue 1195 and white 1150 out randomly in the world.

I think the chances for the 1166 (which only seem to come in Rabbit) and 1169 (which only seem to come in Jack Rabbit) are ridiculously low.  I know of a person or two who got one without a totem but most have been with.
    Just found a blue (1195) Jack Rabbit at the Homare-Jima Moongate in Tokuno. Too bad it was while i was testing to see if they can get Ninjitsu/Bushido on Test Center. :/
    You were right, they can't learn Ninjitsu/Bushido Magical abilities, even when spawning in Tokuno. I was thinking it was going to be like the Tritons, where normally they can't get them, but if spawning in Tokuno they can, but nope.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Only pets that can get magics like Chiv etc can get Bushido or Ninja.  I doubt rabbits can get those magics.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    FYI the jack rabbit who's portrait appears in the wiki page for the event was discovered randomly in the woods between the Hag's ruins and the road to Britain. At the time I was concentrating merely on information gathering and had not begun seriously playing the content, so was not farming rabbits and was not using the totem.  I can't/don't play till I've finished writing.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Can we confirm if certain hues are limited by rabbit or Jack Rabbit?  I’ve been farming Jack Rabbits pretty exclusively and have yet to see white or orange.  Obviously could be RNG, but would be nice to know if I need to switch it up for those last two.
    No takers?  Anyone have a white or orange jack rabbit?
    How far from a Totem of Chromatic Fortune can you get for it to still work?  I am unable to use the totem in the rabbit spawning area outside of Delucia. 
    It’s good for a least a couple screens I think.
  • MsScarlettMsScarlett Posts: 58
    edited March 2022
  • Merus said:
    No takers?  Anyone have a white or orange jack rabbit?
    I have a white jack rabbit.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I got a white jack rabbit as well. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Merus said:
    I do not think this is correct. I believe it is on screen only.
    keven2002 said:
    Merus said:
    I do not think this is correct. I believe it is on screen only.
    I have seen it pull bunnies from at least 1 screen (offscreen) away.  I also tested placing another totem with a second account a couple screens over and it gives you a message another totem is already in effect for this area.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Interesting, I've seen 6 totems worth of rabbits now and have seen 0 being "pulled" from off screen. I've also seen very few colored rabbits spawn a screen away from the totem... maybe 2-3 per totem but I chalked that up to RNG making it a color anyway compared to the dozens of colored rabbits within the screen for the totem.
    They should have lifted the limited location use the totem for the duration of the event.  I have now found several rabbit spawn locations but I am unable to use the totem.
    edited March 2022
    keven2002 said:
    Interesting, I've seen 6 totems worth of rabbits now and have seen 0 being "pulled" from off screen. I've also seen very few colored rabbits spawn a screen away from the totem... maybe 2-3 per totem but I chalked that up to RNG making it a color anyway compared to the dozens of colored rabbits within the screen for the totem.
    They spawn as normal colored bunnies away from the totem.  When they get pulled to the totem they have the new hue.  That’s why you don’t see the colored bunnies off screen.
    edited April 2022
    If you use the EC and want rabbits to appear in the mobiles bar when you filter for attackable mobs add the highlighted lines to the file MobilesOnScreenWindow.lua in your custom UI folder

This will move the rabbits from the Neutral Animals filter to the Attackable filter. For ease of typing that in;
    MobilesOnScreen.FarmNames["a rabbit"] = false --put under attackable filter
    MobilesOnScreen.FarmNames["a jack rabbit"] = false --put under attackable filter