Dungeon Destard

PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
edited March 2022 in General Discussions
Since the next dynamic dungeon may be here. Treasures of Fey Wrath
https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/world/dungeons/destard/
https://www.uoguide.com/Destard

You can get to the tram entry by "Saying Dungeon Destard" at a corrupted portal.
You can get to the fel entry by Saying "Fel Dungeon Destard" at a corrupted portal.

You should mark runes before the event begins.
You can mark runes inside the Tram Dungeon and outside the Fel Dungeon.

The Dungeon has 3 floors.  

The Entry level is the largest.  It has a shallow pit of Dragon Kin with serpents around south and west rims.  An area to the East is has the area where Crimson and Platinum Drakes spawn (PC D)  These are the 100% Physical damage versions. Past the Drakes is a Lake where Water Elementals spawn (W E).

You have to climb to the rim and follow it to the spawn area. Beware the Acid spouts. In Tram there are the lesser Dragon Kin.  In Fel that is empty until the Rikktor Spawn has been started.

SW from the entry takes you an area with more serpents and lesser Dragon Kin.

At the end of the path you find the entry to Level Two.

Level Two is much smaller.  It has Wyverns and some Shadow Wyrms.
Near the Level 2 Entry is the exit to Level 3.
Level 3 is smaller but this is where you find the Ancient Wyrm.

The Fel version has sparkles and the entry to The fel Dragon Turtle spawn.

Do not go in here. You can not go back.  You have to find sparkles that take you to fel Papau.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    edited March 2022
    If the Mobs stay the same as what is in the Dungeon, I would rank them in this difficulty in Super Paragon form:

Hardest would be 

Ancient Wyrm
    Greater Dragon
    Crimson/Platinum Drakes
    Dragons

Rest are just annoying.  The Constant poisoning by the Wyverns will be the most annoying.

Stats of the top two:

Both do Magery and have Dragon breath. 60 damage on a 70 suit.

You can practice on Paragons dragons in Kirin Passage, find the Dragon Spawn.
    https://www.uoguide.com/Ki-Rin_Passage
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/world/areas-of-interest/area-of-interest-kirin-passage/

You can use the jawbone to get to the entry.

Ancient Wyms are in Ilsh also.
    https://www.uoguide.com/Wyrm_Mountain
    temp.jpg 111.5K
    edited March 2022

Tips for Tram:

Slayer info is here.

Expect all type mobs to be anywhere.
    The entry will be a mess.
    Mark runes in Tram.

Avoid the Platinum Drakes if you use Chivalry.  They lower your Karma.

Some places that can be secured.  

The area past the PC Drakes by the Water eles can be secured.
    The spawn area may be a better place to fight than the pit of dragons.
    The entry to the Serpent Area may be a good spot.

The busiest area may be the entry to Level 2. 
    You can run between levels pretty easy so you can secure all the entry/exits and fight different Mob types.

Tips for Fel if it is activated:

Do the Spawn Duh.

Have Fun!

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I hope it's destard the slaughter will be glorious 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited March 2022
    "Fey Wrath" makes me think it's actually going to have Satyrs and Dryads spawning as enemies. That'll be a nightmare, especially the Paragon versions. Between the stripping, discord, and peace, that is just incredibly irritating.
    Even the Paragon versions of AWs and GDs can be easily tanked by a 80 Physical/80 Fire Resist pet under Consume Damage. The Paragon Shadow Wyrms though would likely be pretty nasty for Tamers to deal with, due to their Necro AoE casting (causing them to re-target to a Tamer that is vet healing). Shadow Wyrms also have 29-35 Base Damage, the same as AWs, but deal 25% Cold Damage instead of Fire with their melee.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    I wonder if the team has considered the griefing that will be done with herding? If the dragons are left of course. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Fey Slayer is a special super slayer category that does triple damage

hmm, i didn't know this. Travesty should also be included.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

Live Events

Birds of a feather flock together!  It's springtime and our feathered friends are up to...something.  Events begin in March & continue in to April and beyond!  Keep an eye on UO.com for details!

===========

I'm not sure what this clue is about...
    I checked the list of fey creatures.
    pixie's have wings (don't give feathers when cut up)
    "Fey Wrath" makes me think it's actually going to have Satyrs and Dryads spawning as enemies. That'll be a nightmare, especially the Paragon versions. Between the stripping, discord, and peace, that is just incredibly irritating.
    Even the Paragon versions of AWs and GDs can be easily tanked by a 80 Physical/80 Fire Resist pet under Consume Damage. The Paragon Shadow Wyrms though would likely be pretty nasty for Tamers to deal with, due to their Necro AoE casting (causing them to re-target to a Tamer that is vet healing). Shadow Wyrms also have 29-35 Base Damage, the same as AWs, but deal 25% Cold Damage instead of Fire with their melee.
    I have a feeling the Feys will be the mobs at the dynamic spawn.

I forgot to rank the shadow wyrm. Those may be harder than GD, we shall find out.
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Pawain said:
    I have a feeling the Feys will be the mobs at the dynamic spawn.

I forgot to rank the shadow wyrm. Those may be harder than GD, we shall find out.

Paragon Shadow Wyrm harder than a Paragon Greater?  Unlikely.  The best way for a tamer to deal with necro-casting mobs has always been to keep your distance and heal through spells.  The normal version of a Shadow Wyrm is a fairly quick kill on a tamer, and I don't see a Paragon version being much harder.

Paragon Greater Dragon/Ancient Wyrm aren't difficult either - the former is turned into a complete cakewalk with Consume Damage, although it will still take a little time.  The latter can also be killed solo, but it's (for me) not worth the effort.  I fought both of them in Ilshenar about a week ago out of boredom, and I ended up bringing a 2nd tamer in just to speed it up.
    Since the Ancient, Shadow, and GD all have Dragon breath and high HP  The Super Paragons will be killers until you do a few and learn to avoid the Dragon Breath.

The White Wyrms and Crimson/Platinum Drakes in Ice were not cake walks.

One tactic would be to lure the paras over to the Water Eles and leave them there.

But you will have to fight them on the second and third levels.
    edited March 2022

Tip:

You can imbue a new slayer over a slayer on an imbued weapon.

So, you could imbue Dragon over your demon slayer.  You would want 100% cold or energy damage.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    Might want to hang on to the Demon slayer. There are demons and evil mages on Lvl 2.

Poison might be best for Dragons.

-Arroth
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 173
    alot of people are assuming that destard will be fey spawn, there is 2 different event goin to happen, one is a treasure event in destard, other by the looks of it will be an event kinda like we had with yukio, the fey im pretty sure will be part of a champ spawn we will have to do for part of the story/quest line and im willing to bet it will be somewhere in Ish, course this is all speculation on my part.
    edited March 2022
    Might want to hang on to the Demon slayer. There are demons and evil mages on Lvl 2.

Sure if you want a weapon for the Water Ele or mages you could make those. 
    A Dragon slayer will kill everything there. Poison Cold Energy. You can use Physical it will just take longer.  Fire and Physical are their highest resists.

Just trying to show players they can re use weapons.  I noticed my Macer has no cold War Hammer so I am reusing my Energy weapon.

Just have to avoid Dragon Breath from multiple targets.
    I think it's well proven that the paragons in events far stronger than normal paragons 
    edited March 2022
    So same Idea for pets.  

Pets that do Poison Cold Physical will hit one of the lower resists.

Again a Cu Sidhe fits 2 of those.  Players will use Tritons,  I will on my entry guarder.  They do 50 Physical 50 Energy but they stay alive rather well.

You could use any of your pets,  They will all kill stuff but the 2 highest resists on Destard Mobs are Physical and Fire.

If you want to kill Paragons choose a pet that does damage in one of those 3 lower resists.

My 2 stationary toons will be a Mage tamer with an AI/FWW/Chiv Triton and my Archer tamer with a Cu or his AI/Feint/Chiv Triton.  The archer with a Cold Dragon slayer composite bow will out damage both pets.

I will melee with my two Chiv/healing warriors.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171

Live Events

Birds of a feather flock together!  It's springtime and our feathered friends are up to...something.  Events begin in March & continue in to April and beyond!  Keep an eye on UO.com for details!

===========

I think this might have something to do with a few of the dynamic events...

Maybe we're going to be able to catch and/or raise butterflies and birds???

edited March 2022
    Larisa said:

Live Events

===========

I think this might have something to do with a few of the dynamic events...

Maybe we're going to be able to catch and/or raise butterflies and birds???
    Yes. it begins:

Live Events

We need a different thread for the Bird speculation.  One of the rewards is a Bird House!

I have no idea what the birds are up to.

Im Guessing the Dynamic Quest will be bird oriented.

You can make the Dynamic Quest Thread.  :p
    edited March 2022
    We may have misinterpreted the newsletter.

I'm going to play on what @Whitewolf posted earlier in this thread.

Treasures of Fey Wrath would indicate the next "Treasures of" event, but that may be in a fey dungeon somewhere else (say Ilshenar).

The pictures in the newsletter may instead indicate the location of the next dynamic champion spawn. The forest in front of Destard. Might be why housing is blocked in that area.

Maybe the champ won't have anything to do with fey. (Medusa base, Reptile maybe?) Maybe a dynamic champ in the central room of Destard?

Guess we'll find out in a week or so eh? Well, at least the beginning of the event cycle.

The previous events have all been what, quest for a month, champ for a month, Treasures of... for a month?
    -Arroth
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Pawain said:
    Since the Ancient, Shadow, and GD all have Dragon breath and high HP  The Super Paragons will be killers until you do a few and learn to avoid the Dragon Breath.

The White Wyrms and Crimson/Platinum Drakes in Ice were not cake walks.

One tactic would be to lure the paras over to the Water Eles and leave them there.

But you will have to fight them on the second and third levels.

Really?  The White Wyrm Paragons weren't an issue for me.  Invis, get off Nightmare, Dragon Slayer book equipped and help my pet kill it.

As far as the Dragon Breath, the damage is capped at 60, provided you have 70 Fire Resist.  Though multiple monsters using it WILL kill you if they aggro you.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    It would be interesting to see some hydras and paragon hydras at this event.
    Also, is it coming to test center so feedback can be provided on the event and event rewards, before it goes live?

Thanks!
  • It would be interesting to see some hydras and paragon hydras at this event.
    Also, is it coming to test center so feedback can be provided on the event and event rewards, before it goes live?

Thanks!

In no way would paragon hydras be fun on Atlantic, let alone less populated shards. I think you could call that an event killer where you wouldn't get participation.
    Hoping to see this on test by this weekend since it should be going live within the next two weeks.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784

Thanks!

In no way would paragon hydras be fun on Atlantic, let alone less populated shards. I think you could call that an event killer where you wouldn't get participation.
    Hoping to see this on test by this weekend since it should be going live within the next two weeks.
    You may be underestimating the players and their ability to team up.  Some shards had ridiculous versions of alchemist abomination boss, and there was still participation.

Heck, put the hydras on a leash near the small bodies of water.
  • It would be interesting to see some hydras and paragon hydras at this event.

Thanks!

You may be underestimating the players and their ability to team up.  Some shards had ridiculous versions of alchemist abomination boss, and there was still participation.

I can agree with you on Atlantic. But not on the less populated shards. I can't tell you how often I saw people leave as soon as a paragon ossein rams, ice fiends, etc spawned. Not everyone is a power gamer with maxed out gear nor does everyone play at the same times. Paragon hydras will just lead to people leaving the area and people luring it around to kill others.

Thanks!

I can agree with you on Atlantic. But not on the less populated shards. I can't tell you how often I saw people leave as soon as a paragon ossein rams, ice fiends, etc spawned. Not everyone is a power gamer with maxed out gear nor does everyone play at the same times. Paragon hydras will just lead to people leaving the area and people luring it around to kill others.
    The top level should stay ok lots of running room and clear large door lower levels will be tougher and of course the add on creatures they decide to add will have huge impact 
  • Might want to hang on to the Demon slayer. There are demons and evil mages on Lvl 2.

Shadow Wyrm's weakest resist is Poison. I used a 120 Chiv+AI 100% Poison Crimson Drake while farming Shadow Wyrms.

I was just thinking that. Hydra Breath is far nastier than Dragon Breath, it deals a total of 5 hits spread out between available targets, so it can hit a single player multiple times, or multiple players at the same time. Paragon Hydra Breath is a killer, virtually guaranteed 1 shot on a single player (unless you get real lucky and Evade at least 3/5 of them with Evasion), why Abscess is such a menace in the Blighted Grove. I usually sit at max range (avoids the Hydra Breath) with my Disco/Tamer running Consume Damage on my 120 Chiv+AI 100% Cold Platinum Drake to kill Abscess.

Pawain said:
    So same Idea for pets.  

Pets that do Poison Cold Physical will hit one of the lower resists.

Again a Cu Sidhe fits 2 of those.  Players will use Tritons,  I will on my entry guarder.  They do 50 Physical 50 Energy but they stay alive rather well.

You could use any of your pets,  They will all kill stuff but the 2 highest resists on Destard Mobs are Physical and Fire.

If you want to kill Paragons choose a pet that does damage in one of those 3 lower resists.

My 2 stationary toons will be a Mage tamer with an AI/FWW/Chiv Triton and my Archer tamer with a Cu or his AI/Feint/Chiv Triton.  The archer with a Cold Dragon slayer composite bow will out damage both pets.
    Since the event Paragons take half damage from pets, i think my Disco/Tamer will use a RC+AP Frost Mite to debuff the Paragons and make them take more damage from all other sources. Frost Mites deal 100% Cold Damage, and can get pretty beastly when tamed at 2 Slots. This one still has enough TP to 120 all his skills, and have TP left over with nothing to spend it on...

edited March 2022
    @Arroth_Thaiel ;  So far the dungeon event has had residents of the dungeon as the mobs.

The devs told us a while back that the original dungeons would be the homes of the Dynamic Dungeons.  They told us there were 30? possible locations for the Dynamic Spawns.  I wish my memory or search abilities could find that info.

The Dynamic Spawns have so far been in newly created Spawn areas.

The Dynamic Dungeons have so far been in current dungeons.

I am just using past events and speculating on these next events.

However, the Medusa based avatar in the newsletter is wearing the same green as the rewards.
    Right?

One of the items in that reward picture could be the main drop from the Spawn Boss.

Also we do not know the order of these events.

Easter is April 17.  That seems a logical time for the colored bunnies.

We have about a Month before Easter.  So We should get a Dynamic Spawn, or Dungeon or Quest next week.  At that time we will either be preparing for Dragons or Fey or Birds or Butterflies.

Treasures of Fey Wrath.  Maybe we will get Lore about these Fey and it will lead us to Destard.

I think we will get Dragons in Destard and Fey for the spawn.  That is my guess.  

Only the devs know what is in store for us right now.  

And what does this have to do with BIRDS?

edited March 2022
    Don't know Pawain. We'll find out in a week or so.

-Arroth
    Maybe a new flying pet !
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited March 2022
    Pawain said:

Most definitely will. GDs are completely neutered by Stagger+Hit Fatigue from my Macer. The Shadow Wyrms are still dangerous even without their melee, mainly due to the fact they can turn your own offense against you. Yep, that's right, Shadow Wyrms cast Blood Oath.

Specifically made this wep for slaughtering Destard, and it does very well.