Is there such thing as a comprehensive guide to imbuing?

crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
edited May 2018 in General Discussions
Been looking around, having a hard time. Thank you!

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/imbuing/
    there is also a lot of different write ups over on Stratics forum.

• crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    Appreciate it :) Thanks Bilbo!
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited May 2018
    Been looking around, having a hard time. Thank you!
    These too:

http://www.uoguide.com/Imbuing
    http://www.uoguide.com/Imbuing_Ingredients

Awesome, @ivenor and @Uriah_Heep   very helpful! thank you!
  • Hera_SiegeHera_Siege Posts: 51
    Despite information you may see to the contrary, you can unravel all the way to 120.  I just did this myself.  Alacrity Scrolls really helped from about 105 onward and greater/major/legendary artifacts helped with gains.  If you have lots of time can just work GGS, log in for the gain [under alacrity scroll] log out and lather/rinse repeat under alacrity to 120 easy.
    Thanks @Hera_Siege Ill probably do just that!
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    I didn't imbue hardly anything for skill gain, most of my gains were from unravelling.  There was nothing I wouldnt pick up LOL
  • KronalKronal Posts: 84
    edited May 2018
    Make a bag full of daggers from gold ingots.  Unravel bag when full.  Repeat. Takes maybe 8 hours of playing time.  Less with alacrity scrolls
    Oh ok well that sounds easy too @Kronal I have a whole house full of random magic junk too
    Oh ok well that sounds easy too @ Kronal I have a whole house full of random magic junk too
    If you have alicrity scrolls make a bunch of bags first then eat scroll.  Then unravel.
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    While gaining skill by unravelling is great I didnt like it since it seems to random on what items I can unravel at lower skill level (75+).   Would be great if mousing over the item would say if you can unravel it yet or not.     I have lesser magic items I cant unravel vs greater magic items I can unravel...    Property weight should only affect how much residue you get.   

I'll have to try what Kronal said, looks easier then doing L2-3 maps and getting half or more items I cant unravel.  

crystal ball of knowledge work with imbuing?
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Actually let’s talk about your title a comprehensive guide to imbuing. This is actually only half of the story. You want to learn also about reforging. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

@Mervyn you are correct. Can anyone help with reforging too?!? I know nothing.
    edited May 2018
    @Kronal I just unraveled 110 golden daggers and it didn't give me a gain. am I doing it wrong? I'm at 60.2 skill, am I supposed to imbue them first?
    @crunchnasty Admittedly I havn't 120'd it in a long time but no I didn't have to change the process.  You may be just experiencing a skill wall.