How is this legal house placement?

I found this house outside Trinny in Fel.  I paged a GM a week ago regarding this house.  It is not possible to get to the bridge if you are traveling from North to South.

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    That looks like the existing Trinsic bridge.  Game should not allow houses to be built that block access to the bridges.  Not a problem for mages but for others it blocks the bridge.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    If i remember, that bridge didnt always exist, coukd be an old house
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    That bridge was there before custom houses.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Well, then there are  2 ways i can see it happening

1 that bridge doesnt stop placement(no idea)
    2classic house made custom
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    It's a classic house converted to custom.
  • Hey thanks for paging on my husband's  house. U know a gm had been there multiple  time but yall kept crying till messanna wanted to delete it....well she can delete it cause I'd leave it there till jesus came home just to bug the piss out of whoever had something  to say. He didn't do anything  illegal  to place...go dummy place on any shard... gawd I hate this game.... were closing our accounts...bit hopefully  it'll stand there at least another 90 days
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    That was a spot you could place in the past before the Bridge was there and then they added the bridge there. the house was placed either before the bridge or it went with the old rules of placement. There have been others houses there on other shards. and all the devs did was remove part of the wall to the bridge and then you could get on it. there are parts of the bridge missing on the other shards from this. it is legal placed and should not be moved.  I had a friends house who was a L Shape and it somehow was pushed over the water a few screens. 

I think there is at lest one more shard with the same issue. 

Let the house stay 
  • Yeah there are a few houses like this but this is the email my husband gets from mesanna....  F it. 
    edited March 2022
    Just gonna throw this out there but that seems kind of like the wrong sort of hill to die on here.
    Are you going to go to every server this house is placed on, and threaten every owner to either move their houses?

I might be wrong but the "bug" here isn't on the player's end, it's on the development end. And houses that predate such erroneous development shouldn't be met in such a manner.

I'm genuinely curious though, @Dixie_of_Chessy1 when was that house placed?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    If the team can't move the bridge and would rather threaten to delete players homes....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I vote to move the bridge... why must the bridge be at this location. Let's Kal Vas Flam it.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    If I'm not mistaken, there is a way across the river just north. So no, players are not prevented from crossing a river to begin with. Is the house obstructing that particular spot? Yes, however if this house is as old as we suspect then it's not as was stated, a bug being exploited by the player, but rather a developmental flaw that impacts the player's house, not the other way around.

There are better ways of resolving this problem than to threaten the only player who's actually been impacted by this in any meaningful way, the house owner. Especially considering the fact that that bridge isn't even a server rendered part of the game, it's a GM created construct. Every single one of those bridges were created by a GM by hand, and as such can be moved.
    #1 @Mesanna should be able to just move the house backwards the needed number of spaces.
    #2 Those bridges pre date AoS
    #3 What size is that house and was it a classic house that was turned into a custom house?
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Have to agree a better solution for all involved would be to just offset the house or the bridge so that they are separated from each other.   You can’t cross the river midstream.  You have to ride, not really that far, to the other end of it.  Not positive if you can cross there or simply have to ride around.
  • It don't matter guys, he threw it in decay.placed a small house on Atlantic and we are selling off the last of our belongings. I'm committed to doing some deco for a few people before I can close my account entirely but they will be closed. If he hadn't have checked his email, he would have never even know. And it was sheer coincidence that he even checked it to begin with.... I mean if all that we work our a$$es off for in that game can be deleted on a whim, them why bother... 
    Don't Know why people have to page on everything,  

going to start paging on the castle in front of me because I have to go around it to get to the water. Or page the house behind me because he blocking a castle placement. that was not the only way to go across that river. but paging helps.   

So let it be know I will be paging on every castle on atl because I cant go throw it.  Oh and I might as well page on every owner of crystal portals that do have it set for everyone.

All this because of one person I hope you are happy with your self @Spyder ; let alone a person with only one post gets his way. 

GMs am paging because I don't have 100plat in my bank account please make it so 
    Let's not necessarily shoot the messenger here annoying maybe but realistically this falls squarely on the developers...
    Danpal said:

going to start paging on the castle in front of me because I have to go around it to get to the water. Or page the house behind me because he blocking a castle placement. that was not the only way to go across that river. but paging helps.   

So let it be know I will be paging on every castle on atl because I cant go throw it.  Oh and I might as well page on every owner of crystal portals that do have it set for everyone.

All this because of one person I hope you are happy with your self @ Spyder  let alone a person with only one post gets his way. 

So this post is dated March 5 and the E-Mail is dated March 1 and we all know how fast UO works but yet you say it was the OP that caused this, how so?
     I wish @Mesanna and @Dixie_of_Chessy1 could have worked this out a whole lot differently, sorry to see you leave.
    Danpal said:

All this because of one person I hope you are happy with your self @ Spyder  let alone a person with only one post gets his way. 

So this post is dated March 5 and the E-Mail is dated March 1 and we all know how fast UO works but yet you say it was the OP that caused this, how so?
     I wish @ Mesanna and @ Dixie_of_Chessy1 could have worked this out a whole lot differently, sorry to see you leave.Spyder said:
    I found this house outside Trinny in Fel.  I paged a GM a week ago regarding this house.  It is not possible to get to the bridge if you are traveling from North to South.

they started the page on it they even state it.  This should have been better but was not.  I had a ban for 72hrs on a char name because i just wanted to test to see if the name could be made because someone was selling items crafted by that name for high amounts..  

So Ultima page is the new name of the game/
    Danpal said:
    Danpal said:

I wish @ Mesanna and @ Dixie_of_Chessy1 could have worked this out a whole lot differently, sorry to see you leave.Spyder said:

they started the page on it they even state it.  This should have been better but was not.  I had a ban for 72hrs on a char name because i just wanted to test to see if the name could be made because someone was selling items crafted by that name for high amounts..  

Interesting way to doctor a post to try and prove you point.  That is not in the OP.
    The op clearly states it was a week ago...
    Danpal said:
    Danpal said:

Interesting way to doctor a post to try and prove you point.  That is not in the OP.
    for some reason when I add a quote after one more it always does that makes what I say at the bottom of it. 
    @Lord_Frodo go read the very first post

Does that open your eyes a bit more? They stated they paged a GM 
    This was most likely done buy someone who did not like the person. the house had been there for years and there was never a issue no paging done. 

But like I said this is now a game of Ultima Page Online where only the whinners win... Only reason I checked the forums here was because it was a friends house. 

@Lord_Frodo Please tell me how I can edit the very first comment here from the OP.  I know am good with computers but not that good.

Danpal said:
    This was most likely done buy someone who did not like the person. the house had been there for years and there was never a issue no paging done. 

But like I said this is now a game of Ultima Page Online where only the whinners win... Only reason I checked the forums here was because it was a friends house. 

@ Lord_Frodo Please tell me how I can edit the very first comment here from the OP.  I know am good with computers but not that good.

I am very sorry because when I opened this thread there was nothing there but the picture, no writing what so ever and now there is.  Again I apologize.  The house is improperly placed and does need to be pushed back so people can use the bridge and IMHO @Mesanna could have just moved it back so it wasn't blocking, she did not need to threaten to destroy it.
    Danpal said:

@ Lord_Frodo Please tell me how I can edit the very first comment here from the OP.  I know am good with computers but not that good.

I am very sorry because when I opened this thread there was nothing there but the picture, no writing what so ever and now there is.  Again I apologize.  The house is improperly placed and does need to be pushed back so people can use the bridge and IMHO @ Mesanna could have just moved it back so it wasn't blocking, she did not need to threaten to destroy it.
    It looks like it was a two story villa converted to a custom home the bottom line is in the short time messanne was there the bridge could have easily been moved ..I'm sorry terrible customer service...

I found this thread and it now makes me wonder WTF
    https://community.stratics.com/threads/spring-cleaning.425212/
    how old is that house really and how it was placed because it sounds like the accounts are closed every year so that house was going to drop anyway. 
    There is a house in this spot in many shards will mesanne be touring them all with a ruler threatening to delete homes...
  • GowronGowron Posts: 5
    It don't matter guys, he threw it in decay.placed a small house on Atlantic and we are selling off the last of our belongings. I'm committed to doing some deco for a few people before I can close my account entirely but they will be closed. If he hadn't have checked his email, he would have never even know. And it was sheer coincidence that he even checked it to begin with.... I mean if all that we work our a$$es off for in that game can be deleted on a whim, them why bother... 

you both know damn well you can't block movement of other players to bridges. 

if your game play consists of working your a$$es of, i'd hate to see you complain about a real job.

Don't let the door hit you where the Good Lord split ya.

• I found this thread and it now makes me wonder WTF

We were selling off our idoc stock as we do every spring. We let our accts age but don't log in much.  It really don't matter when the house was placed. What matters is that it was legally placed , no tricks used. In classic client u could place a plot that would bump the bridge steps. They respawned in the am. It seems housing can't be created there now. 

I've held on to this game for 22 years, and my life has finally changed enough that I just don't have the fight left in me to deal with stress from a video game. Especially when it is the people who run the game causing most of it. What if my husband had been in the hospital....which he will be very soon.  We never check our email.his house, all his resources, vet rewards and soul stones would be gone and for why? Someone couldn't walk a screen or 3 up. Or heaven forbid just teleport.  I hope u use that bridge every GD day Spyder.... For those of u that spoke out for us on this I deeply appreciate it,. But I'm done guys. These last 3 houses will be the last deco I do. I just honest to Goddess no longer give a damn

• if your game play consists of working your a$$es of, i'd hate to see you complain about a real job.

Don't let the door hit you where the Good Lord split ya.

You literally have no idea how much time and work I put into decorating the houses people HIRE  me to deco their houses. I have done nothing but WORK on UO for the last year.... My husband became disabled in the coal mines and I do the very best I can to support my family and still be home to take care of both of them....so yeah I do work my ass off , and UO is my job....   But of course u COVID players know everything....
This discussion has been closed.