Upcoming Events Rewards....

It is not always possible to have Enhance Potions +% property on one's own jewellery.... it would be nice, to be able to see it on "extra slots" items such as on earrings, on a sash, on footware, on a Talisman, whatever.... on items which do not take "main" slots and which, thus, players could "throw in" in addition to whatever properties they need to have for their suits thus, giving them that better chance, for example, to cure Lethal (level 5) Poison without having to screw up their jewellery for that.....

Comments

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 882
    NO.  This will be exploited by reds.  No thanks.  You need to learn to work your suits better I think.  Of course a sampire does not need this  did you ever make one ?
  • popps said:
    It is not always possible to have Enhance Potions +% property on one's own jewellery.... it would be nice, to be able to see it on "extra slots" items such as on earrings, on a sash, on footware, on a Talisman, whatever.... on items which do not take "main" slots and which, thus, players could "throw in" in addition to whatever properties they need to have for their suits thus, giving them that better chance, for example, to cure Lethal (level 5) Poison without having to screw up their jewellery for that.....
    Suit building is an art, a game of risk vs. reward. If we all had a suit that had the max in all stats/resists/luck  it would be a boring game and would give you nothing to strive for. an "uber" suit can be obtained, just not easily. it needs to remain that way. my suits run no enhance potions (because i use no potions) and I survive just fine. I'm okay with rewards form the event having Enhance potion on them, as long as it is items that can currently have it. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited March 2022
    NO.  This will be exploited by reds.  No thanks.  You need to learn to work your suits better I think.  Of course a sampire does not need this  did you ever make one ?
    Well, why is it that, at least to my understanding, only Chivalry's Cleanse by Fire or a Greater Cure Potion when wearing +50% Enhance Potions can cure through Lethal Poison (level 5) ?

A lot of characters do not have Chivalry on their Template, cannot have +50% Enhance Potions on their jewellery and, yet, still need to cure Lethal Poison (level 5) at times...

There should be viable and effective alternatives to players to cure Lethel Poison (level 5) other then through Chivalry's Cleanse by Fire or using a Greater Cure but when wearing +50% Enhance Potions, me thinks...

For example, some craftable that Cooks could make (magic pies, magic cakes, magic fruits, whatever....) or, as I said, by having items with +% Enhance Potions on less important slots other then on Jewellery which would not screw up their suit....

Another possibility, could be to permit to Alchemists when wearing Enhanced Potions Jewellery when "crafting" Potions, to make them stronger of that +50% so that then, when a character was to drink those Potions created with the +50% Enhancement by the Alchemist, even when the character drinking them did not have the +% Enhance Potions jewellery, they would still retain the extra enhancement and, thus, be able to Cure Lethal Poison (level 5)  by drinking that enhanced crafted Greater Cure Potion and without the need for them to have room on their suit for that +50% Enhance Potion property....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I can't help wondering how any of my characters survive. Not a single one of them has any enhance pots property anywhere. 

As a player of long standing and not inconsiderable experience I emphatically disagree with this suggestion.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    edited March 2022
    @popps - be honest, are you talking from a PvP or PvM perspective? If talking from a PvM standpoint the reason to have EP (and be able to cure lethal poison) is so minuscule that it's not even a talk point given that there is only a subset of spawn that actually do lethal poison. 

Even if you are talking PvP, having EP isn't really mandatory. My thief template has a suit based around 120+ extra skills. I do not have have EP on my jewelry at the sacrifice of having 40-45 additional skill on my character. That said, I have zero issue with 5th (lethal) level poison when running around Fel. I carry 10-20 greater cure potions at all times (depending on how much I loot from people) and have orange petals. Both of these items are literally a dime a dozen. I pretty much run around 50% of the time munching on orange petals (as long as I remember) and if I'm poisoned I just hold down my cure pot macro until 1 cures me (it takes 3-5 tries usually). I also run max HPR on my suit which actually heals through the poison (ie whatever damage the poison does is regenerated by my suit before the next tick of damage hits). If need be, I'm sure I could animal form into a unicorn as well to help with poison but honestly I haven't found the need to because I have yet to find an issue with surviving poison. 

That said... while EP may help cure with less attempts it's really not mandatory. You can cure without it; it might just take a few tries. You also have additional ways to cure with just about every single template (sampire/warrior/mage/mystic) outside of pots/chivalry. Also I don't think EP even effects chivalry cure; that is based on karma and skill (ie max karma/skill would cure the highest level of poison every time). 

So based on all of the information above that I have provided, while it wouldn't hurt to have additional EP on a new reward (like a cloak or something), it's definitely not something that has to be forced on an item. Especially to the detriment of that item like it would lose SSI or SDI. You also dont need cures to work the first try every try (especially in PvP) because then what is the point of having poisoning?

Anyways... IBTL.

• I can't help wondering how any of my characters survive. Not a single one of them has any enhance pots property anywhere. 

As a player of long standing and not inconsiderable experience I emphatically disagree with this suggestion.
    Hear Hear
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited March 2022
    They put 50 EP on the Khal mask and the PvP community went ballistic.

It was reduced so doubtful you will get anything else.

@popps ; you do know about the Mask of Khal Anhkur right?

IMO we do not need EP to take up space on something useful.  My mage can cure poison. Bandages cure it.  Have not used a potion since the 90s.  Except on plants, for crafting food and BODs.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    popps said:
     to be able to see it on "extra slots" items such as on earrings, on a sash, on footware, on a Talisman,
    Carved Bone Relic from Holmes
    15 Enhanced Potions
    20 Anatomy
    Vorpal Bunny Summoning

That's a Talisman with EP already on it.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 237
    How would it be exploited by anyone? What a dumb take.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2022
    I don't find it useful but I don't mind having this reward since I can't see it being useful for very tight templates. If this is used for the rare necklace slot or earring slot for man or elf then it will have stronger impact.

But the other secondary slots like robe, capes, sash and shoes have other advantages, e.g. DCI, HCI, HPI, SSI, SDI, etc etc. If you use the enhance potion it means doing away with others, so I don't think its OP but tradeoff to consider. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Many reds use EP in their templates.  Given the chance to add more they will undoubtedly take it so they can change suits    Get it now ??  Nor so dumb really is it ?
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    Many reds use EP in their templates.  Given the chance to add more they will undoubtedly take it so they can change suits    Get it now ??  Nor so dumb really is it ?
    ep have already a cap at 50 and yes all real pvpers have ep at cap. the only review i see on this forum are from non pvper who anwser every threads even if they dont know what they are talking about.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Fortis said:
    ep have already a cap at 50 and yes all real pvpers have ep at cap. the only review i see on this forum are from non pvper who anwser every threads even if they dont know what they are talking about.
    While they might be at cap having it on xxx item opens yyy item for aaa stat so yeah kinda useful...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    But how can they add more if they are already at cap?? Are you saying there is an exploit to exceed the cap?? Still pretty dumb take isn't it??  

You still have to sacrifice stats in other slots to fit in Enhance Potions whether its sash, boots, earrings or talisman.  It's not like the town buff 1 FC which should be removed and just gives free stats.  You are really just a clueless poster that tends to troll all popps posts with inaccuracy and false statements.
    But how can they add more if they are already at cap?? Are you saying there is an exploit to exceed the cap?? Still pretty dumb take isn't it??  

You still have to sacrifice stats in other slots to fit in Enhance Potions whether its sash, boots, earrings or talisman.  It's not like the town buff 1 FC which should be removed and just gives free stats.  You are really just a clueless poster that tends to troll all popps posts with inaccuracy and false statements.
    I thought this would be easy to understand.

by putting EP on earrings etc allows reds to adjust their suit to add something else 

Please read all comments above that explain

are you a PvPer by chance ?
    Its simple math - move the specs to some less use slot and free up the existing slots. Whether pvp or pvm, both could benefit from it.
    edited March 2022

I thought this would be easy to understand.

by putting EP on earrings etc allows reds to adjust their suit to add something else 

Please read all comments above that explain

are you a PvPer by chance ?
    So you lose 10 hit chance and 10 ninjitsu for EP. Also why can't a blue adjust their suits to add something else?

It's give and take. Where is the exploit?

Are you a moron by chance?
    @AtomicBetty. What’s with the personal attacks?   I can’t help you if you do not understand how reds would benefit from moving EP onto an unused slot to free up space for other mods

and seeing as I have been playing on and off since 2000 I like to think I can contribute some sort of knowledge and understanding  

however in this instance there is no need for insults, it does not assist you with your opinions and contributes nothing,  not to mention affecting how others think of you.

why are you taking this so personally?  I think it’s because this will affect your template and you are trying to belittle opposing or more informed opinions….

whatever the reason, you need to chill

edited March 2022
    yeah, let's not derail this thread. (both of you can pm each other and continue the fight, I don't even read what both of you are writing since name-calling isn't constructive. )

Reasons for:
    Like 10 SSI Armor or Epaulette, or Cameo slayers, or Yukio luck... all these help existing template by breaking the norm and gave us more options. Or else everyone will still wear the same armor for a particular slot. 

Reasons against:
    For EP+50, I am not sure if this would be "over-powered" since it has strong, direct effect on the potions for Any template. 

@popps So while I like this idea I don't think the Dev would agree. What else are we missing in our template after the Balron chest armor? I still think a Cameo with Fey slayer would make my 7xCameo complete set of super slayers. 
    @ AtomicBetty. What’s with the personal attacks?   I can’t help you if you do not understand how reds would benefit from moving EP onto an unused slot to free up space for other mods

and seeing as I have been playing on and off since 2000 I like to think I can contribute some sort of knowledge and understanding  

however in this instance there is no need for insults, it does not assist you with your opinions and contributes nothing,  not to mention affecting how others think of you.

why are you taking this so personally?  I think it’s because this will affect your template and you are trying to belittle opposing or more informed opinions….

There is no unused slot in this game. You have yet to provide an example of how it would be exploited. You have no knowledge or understanding of the game you are just straight up bad at it.  

Even if 'reds' could benefit from moving EP onto an unused slot to free up space for other mods like you claim. How in the world would that negatively impact you lol.  This game doesn't even have 'red' players anymore your game knowledge is non existent so please stay out of conversations regarding the game.
    It's a shame that a thread that might have been constructive for giving Devs feedback on possible rewards for the upcoming events gets so sidetracked with all the bickering.

We can all agree to disagree about EP. 

I personally don't care about EP and it wouldn't be the first stat I'd want on something. That said, by providing a possibly "better" item (ie something I find more useful), we can let the Devs decide. 

Getting back on track. I'd love to see some sort of take on the tinker legs. I understand we cannot make the tinker legs obsolete with the item so I'm keeping that in mind. 

"Frey leggings" - Studded or Stone (for Garg)
    5% SSI (important to keep less than the 10% on tinker)
    10% damage increase
    5 dex
    8 stam
    5 str
    8 mana
    8LMC
    15% all resist

These would be 8 properties (1 of them would be all 15 resist). Not super OP but a nice little choice when creating a suit. 
    @ AtomicBetty. What’s with the personal attacks?   I can’t help you if you do not understand how reds would benefit from moving EP onto an unused slot to free up space for other mods

There is no unused slot in this game. You have yet to provide an example of how it would be exploited. You have no knowledge or understanding of the game you are just straight up bad at it.  

Even if 'reds' could benefit from moving EP onto an unused slot to free up space for other mods like you claim. How in the world would that negatively impact you lol.  This game doesn't even have 'red' players anymore your game knowledge is non existent so please stay out of conversations regarding the game.
    lol what are you talking about????? you have no idea who I am or how long I have played the game even though I told you in a previous post. I have plenty of knowledge to add opinions thanks 

I hope your anger subsides ,you may need help

anyway back on topic

I have given plenty of examples how the red can use other slots to move EP to allow other mods

maybe you need to play on ATL and Fel, you will see REDS there. Not Sur what game YOU are playing  do some champs in ATL, you will see what I am talking about,   they are player killers FYI

And seeing as you are only interested in personal attack bon me, however entertaining they are, rest assured I am not scared, please feel free to NOT communicate with me further, I can see from what you write I have no need for you, or interest in you, or you comments.

lol

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    edited March 2022
    @JackFlashUk and @AtomicBetty Stop, or take it to PM. I don't want to remove all your posts from this thread, but it's beginning to look like my only option

Some further unproductive troll posts have been removed.
    edited March 2022
    keven2002 said:
    It's a shame that a thread that might have been constructive for giving Devs feedback on possible rewards for the upcoming events gets so sidetracked with all the bickering.

We can all agree to disagree about EP. 

I personally don't care about EP and it wouldn't be the first stat I'd want on something. That said, by providing a possibly "better" item (ie something I find more useful), we can let the Devs decide. 

Getting back on track. I'd love to see some sort of take on the tinker legs. I understand we cannot make the tinker legs obsolete with the item so I'm keeping that in mind. 

"Frey leggings" - Studded or Stone (for Garg)
    5% SSI (important to keep less than the 10% on tinker)
    10% damage increase
    5 dex
    8 stam
    5 str
    8 mana
    8LMC
    15% all resist

These would be 8 properties (1 of them would be all 15 resist). Not super OP but a nice little choice when creating a suit. 
    Yes, I prefer to add HP+5 to the above.

Perhaps they can be same as Katalkotl ring where we can select some of the specs, e.g. 

choose between
    HP +5 or Str +5
    LMC +8 or LRC +25
    SSI +5 or SDI +10

This means the armor is useful for both warrior and mages alike.
    This is unlike the current system where each armor is fixed to a certain character type, mages or warriors. 

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    More pirate deco 
    Spike Knuckle Glove for wrestlers.

Glove of Virtuebane
    Splintering 20
    HP 5
    Strength 5
    Dex 8 
    HLD 50
    Hit Lightning/Fireball 50
    edited March 2022
    Seth said:

Glove of Virtuebane
    Splintering 20
    HP 5
    Strength 5
    Dex 8 
    HLD 50
    LOL and that's not the most broken thing I have ever seen suggested. Please add this dev's.  But I am sure those pesky blues will find a way to exploit this and ruin it for everyone!!!
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Seth said:

Glove of Virtuebane
    Splintering 20
    HP 5
    Strength 5
    Dex 8 
    HLD 50
    LOL and that's not the most broken thing I have ever seen suggested. Please add this dev's.  But I am sure those pesky blues will find a way to exploit this and ruin it for everyone!!!
    Well they need resistance and a gargoyle version 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Might be incorrect in this thought but I'd like stats to be put on a fancy shirt or checkered kilt since I believe those are different slots than a sash and apron slot? My elf has his tabard / LT sash / newbie fancy shirt.

I could be wrong but given that these would be the first items for the slot with stats and they would stack I wouldn't ask for much on them. Maybe just 5 of a stat (stam/hp/mana) or 5DCI or 5 SDI. I think 5SSI would be great but probably too powerful.
    edited March 2022
    I am praying hard for a non shard bound Fey cameo…