Easy solution to help out pure warriors

2»

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Pawain said:
    Reiko said:
    I agree with the OP on adding that change/bonus, although something to consider. Just because "sampire" and other like builds are the best and can solo almost all endgame content, doesn't mean you are forced to do so. It is still a MMO, not having a min/maxed template to not be able to solo end game doesn't doesn't mean the build is bad. Most of the content was designed in mind to be completed with groups, multiplayer. 
    Which warrior template is running out of Mana?

No one seems to be able to answer that.

My 3 main warriors that I do the Dungeons with are not Sampires.  
    If you don't count Thrower / Archer (which I'd classify as warrior still and easily can run out of mana); I think a pure warrior as Grace listed above could run out of mana given 1 handed weapons typically do not have as high of damage. I think it would come down to choice of weapon and the specials.

That said, I haven't tested this because most of my templates are based on max damage per second (mostly 2 handed weapons) so I haven't tried using a pure paladin type build while using something like a katana (or kryss) with a shield. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Yes. Play skills matter or there would not be gamers making money at contests.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ReikoReiko Posts: 30
    Pawain said:
    Reiko said:
    I agree with the OP on adding that change/bonus, although something to consider. Just because "sampire" and other like builds are the best and can solo almost all endgame content, doesn't mean you are forced to do so. It is still a MMO, not having a min/maxed template to not be able to solo end game doesn't doesn't mean the build is bad. Most of the content was designed in mind to be completed with groups, multiplayer. 

The ones who don't have maxed out gear. There are a lot of people out running sub-optimal gear who are just playing to have fun and aren't min/maxing to ensure mana efficiency. I wouldn't play this way, but if you run around New Haven or dungeons like lower Shame, you see it all the time. The OP is offering a solution to more build diversity for people who want to run Ninjitsu. Why do they want to run Ninjitsu? I wouldn't, but maybe these people find it fun and want a little buff to their build. Why argue against something that doesn't affect you but make other players slightly have a better combat experience with a tiny buff?

Seth said:
    Reiko said:
    Correction, sampires cannot solo many end game content. Those who can do that are the few. Most of them need support from bards. 

Shadowguard, High Seas bosses, EM and new event bosses, Shame tainted mages, BMV boss, etc.

Just because everyone can drive a car does not make everyone equally good in racing a F1 sports car.

Just because one guy showed he can solo on youtube does not mean it's as easy for everyone with same template.

I don't know why you felt the need to correct, we aren't disagreeing here. Although running a sampire with the help of a bard isn't reflective of the majority of the playerbase. Not everyone has a geared sampire with a bard friend, or alternate account, to two man end game content. The point I am trying to make is the content was designed in mind to be done as a group. That group can be all mages, necros, whatever. 

Overall, the OP is asking for a buff to build diversity that won't affect the majority of the population, but make players who enjoy ninjitsu a lot happier and may even draw other players to use Ninjitsu. More diversity in templates is good. 

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Reiko said:
    Pawain said:
    Reiko said:

The ones who don't have maxed out gear. There are a lot of people out running sub-optimal gear who are just playing to have fun and aren't min/maxing to ensure mana efficiency. I wouldn't play this way, but if you run around New Haven or dungeons like lower Shame, you see it all the time. The OP is offering a solution to more build diversity for people who want to run Ninjitsu. Why do they want to run Ninjitsu? I wouldn't, but maybe these people find it fun and want a little buff to their build. Why argue against something that doesn't affect you but make other players slightly have a better combat experience with a tiny buff?

Seth said:
    Reiko said:
    Correction, sampires cannot solo many end game content. Those who can do that are the few. Most of them need support from bards. 

Shadowguard, High Seas bosses, EM and new event bosses, Shame tainted mages, BMV boss, etc.

Just because everyone can drive a car does not make everyone equally good in racing a F1 sports car.

Just because one guy showed he can solo on youtube does not mean it's as easy for everyone with same template.

I don't know why you felt the need to correct, we aren't disagreeing here. Although running a sampire with the help of a bard isn't reflective of the majority of the playerbase. Not everyone has a geared sampire with a bard friend, or alternate account, to two man end game content. The point I am trying to make is the content was designed in mind to be done as a group. That group can be all mages, necros, whatever. 

Overall, the OP is asking for a buff to build diversity that won't affect the majority of the population, but make players who enjoy ninjitsu a lot happier and may even draw other players to use Ninjitsu. More diversity in templates is good. 

Liked
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Reiko said:

Just because "sampire" and other like builds are the best and can solo almost all endgame content, doesn't mean you are forced to do so.
    I don't know why you felt the need to correct, we aren't disagreeing here. . 

It cannot solo "almost all" endgame content.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • ReikoReiko Posts: 30
    edited March 2022
    Seth said:
    Reiko said:

Just because "sampire" and other like builds are the best and can solo almost all endgame content, doesn't mean you are forced to do so.

Thanks for choosing to interpret a single line and disregard OP's feedback or everything else in the thread. I agree with you that they can't solo almost all end-game content. 
    Reiko said:
    Seth said:
    Reiko said:

Thanks for choosing to interpret a single line and disregard OP's feedback or everything else in the thread. I agree with you that they can't solo almost all end-game content. 
    Yeah, thanks for agreeing the facts. Some people get brainwashed reading these. There are few players as good as Bear Corpse who showed he can solo almost everything on youtube, yet few could actually repeat the same regardless of how we equip.
    Reiko said:
    Pawain said:
    Reiko said:

Seth said:
    Reiko said:

Just replying to the gear part. Double axe and bladed staff are easy to get max speed.  A swordsman does not need maxxed out gear.  You need 180 Stamina and 20 SSI to get max speed.  Or 210 Stamina 15SSI.   With 5SSI of that from a buff that is pretty easy.

4 Pieces having 4 Dex 8 Stamina 8 LMC will get that. Jewels with SSI are all over VS.

You can buy or loot 2 pieces cheap armor that has high resists and craft 4 Bone, Studded or hide pieces. And you will have a suit that gets you at max speed.

Put Hit Mana leech on your weapon like we all do, and you never get close to running out of mana.

You can kill stuff with a swordsman without named artifacts.  But there are a lot of them that can help you.  That Balron armor is pretty suit to start a suit.  Hopefully they give us another piece like it, arms or gorget.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    They need to up the base damage on one handed weapons or raise speed of two handed its way easy to reach max ssi even with a slow weapon  but no way to compensate for low base damage 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    They need to up the base damage on one handed weapons or raise speed of two handed its way easy to reach max ssi even with a slow weapon  but no way to compensate for low base damage 
    Your choice.  Use a shield drink potions carry a lantern.  Can't do those with two hand weapon.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Your choice.  Use a shield drink potions carry a lantern.  Can't do those with two hand weapon.
    You dismiss it too readily. There is supposed to be a trade off but there is no downside to the slower weapon because max swing speeds easy to achieve but you can't add more damage increase this seems unbalanced and inequitable 
    edited March 2022
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    You dismiss it too readily. There is supposed to be a trade off but there is no downside to the slower weapon because max swing speeds easy to achieve but you can't add more damage increase this seems unbalanced and inequitable 
    Ok too readily.  A longsword does AI and is the exact speed and damage as a double axe.

Whip does 13 - 17 and does WW Bladed Staff does 14 - 17.  

The 2 1 and and 2 hand swords weapons that do the same specials we use most, need the same suit to get max speed and do near the same damage but the 1 hand user gets a shield that has  6 + properties.

Come armed to a sword fight next time.

Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Ok too readily.  A longsword does AI and is the exact speed and damage as a double axe.

Come armed to a sword fight next time.

Carry on 
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited March 2022
    I'd clump Chivalry, Bushido, and Ninjitsu all together as "Martial Magic" (as opposed to "Arcane Magic") skills . They're all predominantly weapon based abilities. If Bushido and Ninjitsu contribute to Special Move Reduction, then why not Chivalry? Especially now that Chiv actually requires a decent skillpoint investment to get most of it's benefits (which wasn't always the case).
  • I'd clump Chivalry, Bushido, and Ninjitsu all together as "Martial Magic" (as opposed to "Arcane Magic") skills . They're all predominantly weapon based abilities. If Bushido and Ninjitsu contribute to Special Move Reduction, then why not Chivalry? Especially now that Chiv actually requires a decent skillpoint investment to get most of it's benefits (which wasn't always the case).

To add to this, a lot of the combat benefits provided by Chivalry spells, are also becoming outdated. The +HCI/+SSI/+DI granted by Divine Fury, doesn't mean as much nowadays that current gear easily allows for all three stats to be capped at all times. The 100% weakest element on Consecrate Weapon doesn't mean as much (except at first 2 levels of Khal Ankur spawn) when we can fairly easily reforge 100% Element onto our weapons. Enemy of One is falling to the wayside due to stacking Super Slayers on Wep+Talisman, and is only really useful against opponents with no Slayer. Holy Light has always been crap in PvM, and was only used for a time in PvP with 4/6 casting to interrupt spell casts.
    So yeah, i don't see much reason for Chiv to not be included under the Special Move Reduction list.
    When your are under the influence of that spell Melisandre does to slow you down,  Divine Fury does so little to help you.
  • Pawain said:
    When your are under the influence of that spell Melisandre does to slow you down,  Divine Fury does so little to help you.
     "Aura of Nausea" (Lady Mel) and "Howl of Cacophany" (Monstrous Interred Grizzle/Giant Turkey/Bard Captain) can be partially counteracted by the Archery Mastery "Play the Odds". At 120 Archery/Lvl 3 Primer, it's +45% HCI/+30% SSI to party (and their pets) for 60 secs, with a 90 sec cooldown (2/3 uptime).
    I'll also use an alt Archer to run "Play the Odds" to speed up the skill training of Wrest/Tact/Anat on pets.
    Pawain said:
     "Aura of Nausea" (Lady Mel) and "Howl of Cacophany" (Monstrous Interred Grizzle/Giant Turkey/Bard Captain) can be partially counteracted by the Archery Mastery "Play the Odds". At 120 Archery/Lvl 3 Primer, it's +45% HCI/+30% SSI to party (and their pets) for 60 secs, with a 90 sec cooldown (2/3 uptime).
    I'll also use an alt Archer to run "Play the Odds" to speed up the skill training of Wrest/Tact/Anat on pets.
    That is really good tip on archery mastery - thanks!