idoc changed back

the new way is not working. old way were stuff fell to ground was nice. no vet rewards poof. lot of people dont want to pay 400m for a hell hound mount. or 110m for a deed box went then used to be 6m to 10m. we want old ways back no items poof. it keep stuff low in prices and much better. much better in fel to.in fel now u have no shoot reds mow u down. old way stealth in and grab stuff. and old way them home script placers were not at ever 18by18 to get the plot. no one wants  1p for a 18by18 went then used to 25m. idoc changes need to be changed back noting was wrong with the old way. the new is not working. prices are nuts. so back to old ways

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    New system works great!  Everyone at an IDOC can get items.

The getting rid of Vet rewards and deeds is the bad part.  Which is separate from the new mechanics of how items are distributed.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • stevensteven Posts: 74
    yea then did not want to hut for them any more or time them. then did not have time to do both.we try it and its not working, price are sky high and people are quiting the game. no one spenting 500 bucks to come back to a game, 150 1plt for a home 2-3p for a  suit. with no guilds and noting to do. ranger clocks 175m used to 20. i can list 100 items then were 5-25m now 100-175m now. no one going to do that. new players are like um no bye.  old way items cheap and keep people a round. its up to here make $$$ or lost people and game go's a way.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    steven said:
    yea then did not want to hut for them any more or time them. then did not have time to do both.we try it and its not working, price are sky high and people are quiting the game. no one spenting 500 bucks to come back to a game, 150 1plt for a home 2-3p for a  suit. with no guilds and noting to do. ranger clocks 175m used to 20. i can list 100 items then were 5-25m now 100-175m now. no one going to do that. new players are like um no bye.  old way items cheap and keep people a round. its up to here make $$$ or lost people and game go's a way.
    If the Devs would have just banned the IDOC scripters and gold sellers (generally one and the same) instead of hurting EVERYONE, then this situation wouldn't exist. Just my opinion of course.  ;)
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    New method leaves it up to chance as to what you get.  Everyone has an equal chance of getting something good.  Much better for my player.  Under old method my player was lucky to get anything.  Don’t do many idocs or care much about them.  Game has already lost to many of the players that helped me along when I was just starting out.  Don’t think the idocs change had much to do prices increasing on my shard.  Prices on key items unnaturally dramatically increased as did the number of those items for sale at the much higher price over a very short period.  Pretty sure this occurred long before the idoc change.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Pawain said:

The getting rid of Vet rewards and deeds is the bad part.  Which is separate from the new mechanics of how items are distributed.

I actually agree with Pawain on this.

The new system is working and working great. Before you had a handful literally sucking everything up into their packies within 30 secs or less. Sure, they now have bots that follow each other and get alot but they no longer get all. The old way I did few idocs cause it was no fun waiting hours to get goza mats and plants. Now, there are many idocs at which I have filled my backpack. Just a few days ago, I got a large rubble palm tree. I NEVER would have gotten it the old way. Is the new way perfect? No. Is it better for the general population? Yes.

The extreme housing cost is an Atlantic problem. A lot of people play Atlantic cause they say it's the only full shard with people doing things. Well with so many people there 'doing things' of course housing will be scare and expensive there. There are other shards with cheap to even free housing. (And we even have players that do things on these shards!)
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2022
    Pawain said:

I can never agree with deleting the vet rewards. What was the reason again. 

Ranks the top in my list of worst decision ever made in UO history on par with Shard Bound. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    A significant number of posts have been deleted. Keep it civil, or stay out of the thread. Thank you.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:

I can never agree with deleting the vet rewards. What was the reason again. 

Ranks the top in my list of worst decision ever made in UO history on par with Shard Bound. 

Actually the vet rewards would get deleted before
    IF they touched the ground when the house fell.
    (all ground floor vet rewards would poof)

the other stuff would hang in the air
    and you could grab it, if you were standing in the right spot.

=============

I don't like that they made them all deleted now
    And of course, all the stackables
    because it made them outrageously overpriced now
    example: 60K shadow ingots for 50M now 
    (I remember when I thought 6M was too high)

but I do love that you have a chance to get stuff from an IDOC now
  • PrissyPPrissyP Posts: 24
    The new system work perfect. We dont need Idocperson back. The scripters are mad,because now they cant gate their 10 toons and vacuum the place, now at least everyone get something. 
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    As with the real world prices don't go up due to just one cause.

Inflation can't be traced to just one thing. To my thinking IDOCs aren't a real cause.

For example the increases in the price of shadow is more likely fewer people running mining bots or that pirate ships don't have large amount of low to mid range ingots.
  • PrissyPPrissyP Posts: 24
    few things happened that cause the inflation

They Nerfed loot of high end Legendaries
    They Nerfed Roof
    The fact that all resources and rewards are gone from Idocs
    Everything now is Shard Bound

I think they want to bring crafting back and since they have no idea how, may as well nerf all mobs and drops to make all loot similar to crafted.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    PrissyP said:

They Nerfed Roof

I think they want to bring crafting back and since they have no idea how, may as well nerf all mobs and drops to make all loot similar to crafted.

Resources are easier to get with pirating so can't blame that ...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    I have removed a few posts. Please keep the discussion on topic.
  • Rorschach said:
    I have removed a few posts. Please keep the discussion on topic.
    Stay On Target GIFs  Tenor
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    There's only one thing that disappointed me with the changes that were made and that was the decision to have soulstones poof.

Deleting souls is just plain wrong for so many reasons. So many have gone eventually back to their owners. When you think of the items that don't poof and the lack of importance of those items why the heck pick on soulstones? That makes absolutely no sense to me.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    There's only one thing that disappointed me with the changes that were made and that was the decision to have soulstones poof.

Deleting souls is just plain wrong for so many reasons. So many have gone eventually back to their owners. When you think of the items that don't poof and the lack of importance of those items why the heck pick on soulstones? That makes absolutely no sense to me.
    Yeah,  agree. @Mesanna, we really need to talk about deleting veteran rewards and soulstones.

If you are not aware. Some of our production shards are heading towards a "clean install". Very soon it does not matter even if you decide to reinstall an entire shard since... there was basically nothing worthy left after the last player is gone.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    steven said:
    the new way is not working. old way were stuff fell to ground was nice. no vet rewards poof. lot of people dont want to pay 400m for a hell hound mount. or 110m for a deed box went then used to be 6m to 10m. we want old ways back no items poof. it keep stuff low in prices and much better. much better in fel to.in fel now u have no shoot reds mow u down. old way stealth in and grab stuff. and old way them home script placers were not at ever 18by18 to get the plot. no one wants  1p for a 18by18 went then used to 25m. idoc changes need to be changed back noting was wrong with the old way. the new is not working. prices are nuts. so back to old ways
    @steven

Not sure I understand what do you mean, by "hell hound mount" or "deed box".... in what ways are these 2 associated with IDOCS if I may ask ?
    PrissyP said:

They Nerfed Roof

only thing u need to add to that is the scripter's place ever one in uo. no one beats them. so them 5 things have kill uo.  bring back old legendaries, make roof and even old peer less better loot. bring back vet rewards at lest in idocs, dont make shard bound stuff dumb, make home placement fair.(stone up for 2 hours get your one ticket per acct. end of 2 hours winner gets plot.) u do this and uo will be great again. SO Make UO Great again . oo and fix vs went u can. that thing is buggy as hell

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Most of your complaints pertain only to ONE shard. On any other shard you can place a house at the regular NPC price. I have never paid for a vet reward - I claim them by being a veteran player. 
    Furthermore. Developers don't set prices, except on npcs. Player set prices. Less greed would help the economy considerably. 
    Most of your complaints pertain only to ONE shard. On any other shard you can place a house at the regular NPC price. I have never paid for a vet reward - I claim them by being a veteran player. 
    Furthermore. Developers don't set prices, except on npcs. Player set prices. Less greed would help the economy considerably. 

ever thing u say is right, but some people live off gold sells and item sells for cash here in the game, then do any thing to cheat and raise prices to make more cash. low prices on ever means no cash for them. but went developers make stuff harder to get or just poof it all together ( vet rewards from idocs) or make stuff shard bound. then can change that kind of stuff
  • SoldahouseSoldahouse Posts: 129
    The new IDOCs are way better than the old way. Price of vet rewards is ok, get 100m to 220m selling a reward for playing one year. Now players that chop trees can make more than 100k for 60k in boards. If they cant put soulstones or shard shields back in owners bank then they need to get deleted. I really like the new idocs and i hope everyone on every shard goes to as many as they can. 
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited March 2022
    This is too much! ROFL Feel free to PM me and I can let you in on the joke/sadness of this thread!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • Yeah it's great that they deleted vet rewards ONLY because they were having problems with them packing and sticking in your pack on test.  I was there through all the testing.  Vet rewards would have never been taken out had they packed up right and stopped getting stuck in peoples packs. Kyronix backtracked the next day when they removed them on test and said they were taking them out because that was the general consensus of the people at the last rl meet up. And I was also ask why I thought I was entitled to them anyway, to which I answered same reason why I'm entitled to everything else that drops on the ground.....they stopped paying their bill, I didn't.    So taking vet rewards out was a happy side effect of a rushed patch.   People still run scripts, I know of 3 different ones. One cycles thro the items at Uber speed while the toon is hidden...u can literally see it..any gm or dev could see it..  now the newest one can target barrels with specific items.. example, say the item they want is a deed " because that's all I can remember the I'd for" they simply put in the 3 letter I'd TVH and the scrip scans and finds the barrel with that item....now will they get it with multiple people hitting, who knows but their odds are good with 20 of their own bots smacking it...so look no matter what they do scripters gonna script cause it's just the easy thing to do and because their either gonna get away with it, or they will just change the system again and they will find another work around. Because it's always the same people and nothing ever happens to them ....and these same people still hold huge stocks of vet rewards and resources from the way idocs use to be..and with those no longer dropping in idocs, the same people that everyone's complaining about are still the same people controlling prices on everything... I swear I wonder some times if our team is just blind to common sense or if they have something to gain from all this ......    But yeah my last rant of the year, I'm gone till fall....y'all have fun
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Dixie is absolutely right on why Vet rewards get deleted… the team was too lazy or incompetent to fix them correctly.  The idea that other players aren’t entitled to other accounts vet rewards is complete BS since the vast majority of vet rewards aren’t account bound, as such there is absolutely no proof that the account whose house fell actually claimed those rewards instead of buying them for gold or $.

I would advocate that all of the items be added back to the barrels correctly.
    i was told 2k people sent messena emails fixing home placement. not only did she not read them she just delete them. really sad.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    steven said:
    i was told 2k people sent messena emails fixing home placement. not only did she not read them she just delete them. really sad.
    Smart Lady.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Thank you for your feedback.
This discussion has been closed.