Unlinking accounts

How do i achieve this?

My research only shows that i have to email support or Mesanna. I have yet to find the exact details of what this email should give. 

And why do we NOT have a button on the account management page where we can do this ourselves without bothering anyone?

Comments

• KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Why would you want to unlink accounts?
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    KHAN said:

OCD tbh.

I linked a couple accounts trying to find an old tamer but failed. I do not ever plan on using these newly linked accounts ever again. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Urge said:
    KHAN said:

OCD tbh.

I linked a couple accounts trying to find an old tamer but failed. I do not ever plan on using these newly linked accounts ever again. 
    Then, why don't you just leave them there, linked, and then just not use them ?

Or is there any downside which I am missing to see about having accounts linked to a main account ?
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    *stumbles away from midterm studies for a tad

For myself, is also OCD.

"trash accounts" can get listed in the dropdown over your main account(s) which when renewing subscriptions (as some to with time codes) can be a real pita - putting a 6mo renewal code on a trash account is a real thing.

*says the woman with too many trash accounts

+1 for this "feature request" on account management (which still needs an overhaul)
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    There are a number of reasons why to unlink accounts. All of the family accounts are under my name because I was the only one over 18 with CCs.  Now if any of the old group comes back and wishes to play I would like to give them their account back without giving them access to any other account.  Can't do that with linked accounts
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited February 2022
    There are a number of reasons why to unlink accounts. All of the family accounts are under my name because I was the only one over 18 with CCs.  Now if any of the old group comes back and wishes to play I would like to give them their account back without giving them access to any other account.  Can't do that with linked accounts

Do what I do in this exact situation. Email mesanna.

Years back when Master Accounting was made mandatory and we were told that any accounts not linked to a master account would be purged, I told my family who played, the ones who weren't interested at the time in dealing with account management, I just added their accounts to my master account and everytime they come back I write mesanna an email explaining the situation. Haven't had any problems so far.
  • @Urge

Email support@ultimaonline.com  and ask them to unlink the account name XXX.
    You will 1st receive an auto email response with the Ticket #
    The 2nd email will be a live person, asking for all the personal details on the account, so you can prove that you are the owner,after you give them the information, they will unlink the account.

Normally this is what they will ask:

Account name(s):  

Emails used:  

Full name:  

Date of birth (month/day/year):  

Phone numbers:  

City, state, and country of residency:  

Last 4 digits of credit card AND type:  

Full name on card:  

Key code(s) redeemed:  

Account creation date (MMDDYY):  

Account close date or last logged in. If subscribed please specify: