Triton spawned as a 3 slot???

KHANKHAN Posts: 510
edited February 2022 in Bugs
I have a Triton that I "popped" from a statue that was rated as a 91% intensity I started training it and then realized that he is a THREE SLOT one. @bleak @Kyronix @Misk is that possible? I would be happy to bring it to TC to show it to you. and hopefully have it "fixed" It is currently on ATL 
If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!

Comments

• KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited February 2022
    Let me know what can be done.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    @Bleak @Kyronix @Misk @Mesanna is anyone going to look at this pet?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    KHAN said:
    @ Bleak @ Kyronix @ Misk @ Mesanna is anyone going to look at this pet?
    You're like 27th in que..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    KHAN said:
    Right! Just after the account management revamp! ROFL
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904

McDougle said:
    KHAN said:
    where did u see that? sure u did not miss any zeros
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:

McDougle said:
    KHAN said:
    where did u see that? sure u did not miss any zeros
    Lol 
    @Kyronix @Bleak Anyone want to take a look at it? It is on TC and ATL
    edited February 2022
    KHAN said:
    @ Kyronix @ Bleak Anyone want to take a look at it? It is on TC and ATL
    Don't hold your breath you will not even get acknowledgement...now if you could figure out the mysterious way the pet costume bug that no one knew about was reported it would be fixed right away..
    McDougle said:
    KHAN said:
    @ Kyronix @ Bleak Anyone want to take a look at it? It is on TC and ATL
    Don't hold your breath you will not even get acknowledgement...
    Ya, I know. I don't have the right "credentials". 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited February 2022
    "Have you tried releasing the triton and buying and popping another?
    I had to pop a couple of tritons before i got one with over 120 wrestling"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    "Have you tried releasing the triton and buying and popping another?
    I had to pop a couple of tritons before i got one with over 120 wrestling"
    I popped about 80 statues. This was the best one, and the only one that spawned as a 3 slot.
    "that means the stats are so high it is a 3 slot, i didn't know they spawn with such high stats, can't say it's a bug though"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    "that means the stats are so high it is a 3 slot, i didn't know they spawn with such high stats, can't say it's a bug though"
    I understand that it has high stats! My point is, they are ALL supposed to spawn as a 2 slot. @Bleak @Kyronix
    edited February 2022
    KHAN said:
    they are ALL supposed to spawn as a 2 slot.
    "Where is this written?

I'm just interested, after popping 80, if one of them was a 1 slot, would you also be on the forums asking a dev to 'fix' it?"

Triton 

From UO-Cah.com

Starting Slots   2 Control Slots at Spawn

Max Trainable SlotsTrainable to 5 Control Slots
    Spawn Intensity Range3562 - 4552 Intensity
    Spawn Intensity Spread990 Intensity
    Half Stat on Tame:No
    Attributes and Resists
    AttributesTamed Range 
    Hits651 - 700
    Stamina150 - 150
    Mana101 - 121
    Strength103 - 250
    Dexterity151 - 220
    Intelligence101 - 121
    ResistsTamed Range
    Physical45% - 55%
    Fire50% - 60%
    Cold45% - 55%
    Poison35% - 45%
    Energy85% - 90%
    Total Resists260 - 305
    Yoshi said:
    KHAN said:
    they are ALL supposed to spawn as a 2 slot.
    "Where is this written?

I'm just interested, after popping 80, if one of them was a 1 slot, would you also be on the forums asking a dev to 'fix' it?"

They don't span as 1 slot pets. Even the "bad ones spawn as a 2 slot. FYI, I have probably popped 5-600 of them total since they came out.
    edited February 2022
    "You're quoting a source of a player written website, it's meaningless

you having popped 600 will be more of an authority on them than UO-CAH

congrats on discovering they pop as 3 slot, perhaps you can inform Khyro of UO-CAH and he'll update his website with more accurate information"

Yoshi said:
    "You're quoting a source of a player written website, it's meaningless

you having popped 600 will be more of an authority on them than UO-CAH

congrats on discovering they pop as 3 slot, perhaps you can inform Khyro of UO-CAH and he'll update his website with more accurate information"

Go troll somewhere else.
    edited February 2022
    "the taming system has not been great since publish i think it was 97 where the slots were introduced?
    I think it was @CovenantX who pointed out that the whole system is a little backwards, you're looking for a good pet, but if it's too good - then it's no good, as the slot increases.
    When you're looking for a good nightmare or najasaurus to tame, you're looking for a good 2 slot, but often they unfortunately spawn as 3 slot.
    The table for tritons obviousely lays very closely inside the 2 slot, however the devs never defined which creatures spawn under each slot range. And as you have discovered, it is possible to spawn a 3 slot, albeit very rare.

I agree with you that ALL creatures should have fixed spawn slot amounts, then you would just be searching for the best creature, not for one somewhere in the middle, however this is not currently the case.

But i am all for fixed spawn slots, yes please change"
    Update: After @Mesanna looked at the pet, she said that apparently really high "stat/percentage" Tritons CAN spawn as a 3 slot. While I thank her for looking at it, it WAS of course, news to me. I have popped several over 85% that were 2 slot pets, but the 91% one was too much. Oh well, I can quit buying Tritons to search for the PERFECT one. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    *sigh* Is it a troll when what he was trying to tell you was accurate? It was the answer I expected myself, but I exercised a little more discretion and left the question for those with more clout to answer.
    @Yoshi , please also excercise discretion when your claims are not provable and thus avoid unnecessary conflict on the forum.
    edited March 2022
    Mariah said:
    *sigh* Is it a troll when what he was trying to tell you was accurate? It was the answer I expected myself, but I exercised a little more discretion and left the question for those with more clout to answer.
    @ Yoshi , please also excercise discretion when your claims are not provable and thus avoid unnecessary conflict on the forum.
    Whatever, it WASN'T the answer I expected! they are supposed to be 2 slots. The pets that can spawn at different slot pets are noted as such. The Triton was NOT one of them. Truthfully, I feel that @mesanna's answer to me (while I appreciate her taking the time) was nothing more than a "cop out". I don't think she really knows. But whatever. In any case, @yoshi made a smart a** comment AFTER I asked him no to do so. As such it should be removed. THIS is the comment that should be removed: ""did you call her a troll too for giving you the same answer as me?"  Do your job please!!!
    edited March 2022
    "I used logic to come to my conclusion, is logic not enough proof?
    the fact that the OP popped 600 tritons and this is the highest stats he's seen, combined with the fact that all other creatures work the same way.
    I mean think about it, was the OP really suggesting that it was a coincidence that the one triton with the highest stat he's seen also the one that was 'bugged'

But like i said i understand his frustration, it is stupid that you're not looking for the best stats on a pet anymore, as when it's too good it increases slot.

It would indeed be better if all tameable creatures had fixed slots, and i really dont' think it should be a technical challenge for the devs,

in fact if they did it that way in the first place, they would've avoided a lot of exploited pets
    the means of the old exploits being to drop the stats and so drop the control slots"