Just a reminder: If you are playing on a server, for whatever reason, you are a (shard name) player

usernameusername Posts: 687
edited February 2022 in General Discussions
I see it over and over again, this toxic idea that you have to own 19 houses, 3 castles and have 60 fully 250+ month accounts to be even considered a "player of x shard". 

This is not the case and please do not allow these gatekeepers to tell you otherwise. If you play on a shard, no matter how little or how much, no matter what capacity or activity you do, no matter of your veteran status, no matter how many houses you own, etc., you are, in fact, a player of that shard. Do not let anyone belittle you and tell you otherwise. Are you logged in to that shard? You are a player of that shard.

If you perpetuate this toxicity you need to stop. You are belittling and bullying fellow players for no reason and looking dumb in the process.
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited February 2022
    I shop and partake of gifts on Atlantic but it is toxic to call me an Atlantic shard player.  Thank you in advance for not calling me that.

Sorry but come only to export items players, are not residents.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    Pawain said:
    I shop and partake of gifts on Atlantic but it is toxic to call me an Atlantic shard player.  Thank you in advance for not calling me that.
    No, if you read what I said, I would consider you an Atlantic player. 

Pawain said:
    Found the gatekeeping.

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    You are all UO players. Agreed.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Inter shard traders, includes those who gather and trade seasonal rewards. Are also players. They generate supply to meet demands. Unlike those crap shard bound stuff.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Rorschach said:
    You are all UO players. Agreed.
    I agree with that!
  • Pawain said:

I fully agree with this
  • Seth said:
    Inter shard traders, includes those who gather and trade seasonal rewards. Are also players. They generate supply to meet demands. Unlike those crap shard bound stuff.
    hmmm, Little shards see this differently. Those inter-shard traders take the existing supply of items in the small shards, thus creating a demand. Without them, the demand would be met by the shard itself.
  • I don't know about you Chumps, but I'm a Britannian.  

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2022
    Archangel said:
    Seth said:
    hmmm, Little shards see this differently. Those inter-shard traders take the existing supply of items in the small shards, thus creating a demand. Without them, the demand would be met by the shard itself.
    Sorry, my group of frens will disagree with you with facts. It's been written all over this forum. I won't derail this thread but open to a debate in a new fhread if Devs are involved. Otherwise it's a waste of time and after even writing like 10 pages, someone will post what u posted and start the ball all over.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • username said:
    I see it over and over again, this toxic idea that you have to own 19 houses, 3 castles and have 60 fully 250+ month accounts to be even considered a "player of x shard". 

This is not the case and please do not allow these gatekeepers to tell you otherwise. If you play on a shard, no matter how little or how much, no matter what capacity or activity you do, no matter of your veteran status, no matter how many houses you own, etc., you are, in fact, a player of that shard. Do not let anyone belittle you and tell you otherwise. Are you logged in to that shard? You are a player of that shard.

If you perpetuate this toxicity you need to stop. You are belittling and bullying fellow players for no reason and looking dumb in the process.
    None of this is remotely close to true.  
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Think lots of long time players enjoy having more than one account but have not seen any of them belittle me because I only have one account and do not plan on getting another.  Think most players with lots of accounts, don’t really think there are that many of them, are probably third party sellers.  Think there are some obnoxious players on some chat channels sometimes but they don’t represent most of the players in the game.
  • What it takes to be considered a member of a shard:

1) be present
    2) be active
    3) remember its breathe in, breathe out, repeat.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

What it takes to be considered a member of a shard:

1) be present
    2) be active
    3) remember its breathe in, breathe out, repeat.

And you don't have to be vocal. For every chat loudmouth there are 20+ players that keep to themselves and a person who thinks they know a shard is dead will never see these players. 
  • I'm on Atlantic allot. I do deco for people, I sell things I collect items I buy things.... But I am in no way shape or form an Atlantian. That's just rude to call someone that, yuck  lol : )
    I'm on Atlantic allot. I do deco for people, I sell things I collect items I buy things.... But I am in no way shape or form an Atlantian. That's just rude to call someone that, yuck  lol : )
    That's fine. If you don't consider yourself an XYZ shard player then by all means. All I'm saying is the opposite: if you play a server and consider yourself an XYZ shard player, no one can tell you otherwise  ;)

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Nice veiled attempt..I see what you're doing.

I consider a person who plays MAINLY on one shard...who lives there...does  everything there....whether it's peerless, roof, RP events....THAT is someone I consider an XXX player.

People who just want to come to a shard for an EM drop do not have the right to call themselves a citizen of that shard. My opinion of course, but I have been on Origin, and ONLY Origin since it's inception on December 17th 2004. I don't go to other shards and complain that events are at a bad time and complain to Mesanna just because I want a drop. 

The greed in this game is unbearable. 

Larisa said:
    Nice veiled attempt..I see what you're doing.
    1.) This post has nothing to do with Origin so you're wrong. It was made in response to what another person posted in a different thread and in response to garbage stuff I keep seeing, time and time again, on these forums. That's a big YIKES from me. 
    2.) People who do em events on any shard can absolutely call themselves a player of that shard. You're just objectively wrong here LOL
    3.) I never mentioned the word 'citizen' (not sure why you are bringing it up).

How about this: the world does not revolve around you. This game is not yours. That shard is not yours. I've been playing since ~November 1997, so you're not even considered a player of the game, and by proxy, you're not a player of Origin. Do you see how dumb you sound yet?

Larisa said:
    The greed in this game is unbearable. 
    Yep, the greed of "a shard I'm not a player on" yet I have a dozen+ 6x 120's of all different templates where players (few specific guilds) are ACTIVELY are trying to tailor EM event times to not allow maximum participation of players on their own shard, including citizens, residents (whatever semantics), so they can have the greatest chance of hoarding the items for themselves. Go look at Rainstormer's facebook it's disgustingly sad.

YEP I'M THE GREEDY ONE FOR WANTING THE MOST PEOPLE TO BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE AT EM EVENTS. 

I seriously think you are either trolling or 5 IQ.
    LUL.png 523.8K

Then I want to see all of those people that come to the drop events to come to EVERY event...I don't see half of the people at non-drop events.

This was the last Origin event...notice where the main fighting is..and notice were 75% of the people are...NOT fighting...waiting for the big boss so they could get a drop, and when they found out there was no drop they all logged off not even bothering to come back to talk to the EM like all of us Originals do EVERY event.

Now if you go to a NON drop event you won't see HALF of those people.

The proof is there. I am not going to say more about it. Have a nice day :)

Ya on LS the shard invaders stand outside the Castle and do not see the lore. They join when the gate is made.  

They could at least show some interest in the shard.  Drakelord does participate in the lore when is doing events. 
    Larisa said:
    stuff
    Proof of what? You've proved nothing... I don't even understand any point you have and how it relates to the topic at hand. You've provided a still image, which, is very hard to tell who's doing or not doing what. If I had to guess, say the vast majority of people in that picture are probably participating:

I see myself in that picture. I vaguely remember that I and the wife just got home for work and we had to AFK to take care of pets, starting dinner and other chores. Perhaps if events were at a proper time for LOCAL CITIZEN RESIDENT PLAYERS we could reduce non participants by a bit.

But that's all moot. I can prove you and all the brigading facebook cronies are dishonest:

If you truly wanted to discourage this behavior, you would be pushing for shard bound rewards, or removal of rewards in general. Nope. Instead, you are pushing for a time that is more convenient for you and less convenient for others so you can greed the items for yourself. Blatant.

Also, very easy to find out when an Origin EM drop is. I'll spill the beans for everyone: it's the event that both conflicts with another shard time & the last event of the month. Maybe if Rainstormer would stop doing things so obviously malicious, like scheduling on top of other events and always the last event of the month, you may see something different. It's a very recognizable pattern and even our LOCAL CITIZEN RESIDENT PLAYERS have figured this out lmao.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    username said:
    Larisa said:
    stuff
    Proof of what? You've proved nothing... I don't even understand any point you have and how it relates to the topic at hand. You've provided a still image, which, is very hard to tell who's doing or not doing what. If I had to guess, say the vast majority of people in that picture are probably participating:

I see myself in that picture. I vaguely remember that I and the wife just got home for work and we had to AFK to take care of pets, starting dinner and other chores. Perhaps if events were at a proper time for LOCAL CITIZEN RESIDENT PLAYERS we could reduce non participants by a bit.

But that's all moot. I can prove you and all the brigading facebook cronies are dishonest:

If you truly wanted to discourage this behavior, you would be pushing for shard bound rewards, or removal of rewards in general. Nope. Instead, you are pushing for a time that is more convenient for you and less convenient for others so you can greed the items for yourself. Blatant.

Also, very easy to find out when an Origin EM drop is. I'll spill the beans for everyone: it's the event that both conflicts with another shard time & the last event of the month. Maybe if Rainstormer would stop doing things so obviously malicious, like scheduling on top of other events and always the last event of the month, you may see something different. It's a very recognizable pattern and even our LOCAL CITIZEN RESIDENT PLAYERS have figured this out lmao.
    You should not attack our EM  ;) and if i had my way not only would everything be shard bound but all em rewards and rares would be transferred back to shards of origin and placed in a museum...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    EM drops will never be shard bound...for obvious reasons.

EM Auma's drop events were always the last event of the month so don't start sh.itting on Rainstormer, he held a vote IN GAME and said whoever wants the time to stay the same go on one side and 90% of the people went on that side.

He doesn't intentionally hold events that conflict with other shards, but he has a life, unlike some people. HIS schedule is the most important because if it wasn't for him we wouldn't HAVE events.

I could give two craps about the drop, I've stated every time I wish there were NO drops because I enjoy the RP and STORY that our em puts HIS OWN time into. To CRAP with the drops, get red of em!  that way only the people that actually CARE about the work our EM puts into his events will be there.

edited February 2022
    Larisa said:
    Rainstormer, he held a vote IN GAME and said whoever wants the time to stay the same go on one side and 90% of the people went on that side.
    I like how every it comes up it goes up in percentages. I was there. I have screenshots. I have the chat log. It was near 50/50, give or take. It was not 25/75 like facebook claims. It is not 90/10 like you claim. Hahahahha. Show me the screenshot 90/10 please else, again, you lying.

It's funny after I called you out for blatant greed you now backpedal and say get rid/shard bound items.

I love it.   I was at that event but I was AFK but since you were actually active enough to take a picture, how do you those players were doing nothing.

:D

Someone is mad because they are being called out for being an exporter and not caring about the shard. 
    IF you knew me, you'd know I HATE EM Event Items..yes I have a few that I proudly display at my Luna house that will STAY on Origin but I don't go to events to get a piece of pixel crack that I can RMT. 

Okay seriously I am done, I am better then you and hate that you've pulled me into your shat fest. Damn board warrior..I'm off to do something fun on MY shard, have a nice night!

Larisa said:
    IF you knew me, you'd know I HATE EM Event Items..yes I have a few that I proudly display at my Luna house that will STAY on Origin but I don't go to events to get a piece of pixel crack that I can RMT. 

Okay seriously I am done, I am better then you and hate that you've pulled me into your shat fest. Damn board warrior..I'm off to do something fun on MY shard, have a nice night!
    So the vote was not 90/10 like you say. Good to know.

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Maybe a good time to end this one.
    edited February 2022
    Arnold7 said:
    Maybe a good time to end this one.
    No we are learning more and more about the OPs agenda. 

Or I agree we can clearly see what the OPs agenda is so nothing else can be learned.

And we are learning that facebook has the polls done in UO.
    edited February 2022
    Yeah, love how this can be so derailed by delusional and gatekeeping players. Very easy to prove their ulterior motives when they had no reason to come in to the conversation in the first place other than to troll and derail the thread :D

Very easy to see the greed of people, rather than to just accept players play styles and accept them in to their 'community'. I would never tell anyone they aren't a player of my shard or run a massive facebook/email brigade to gatekeep event items to themselves. 90/10 vote my ass, more delusional than the former vice president Biden. The more items the merrier, the more players the merrier, the more players to attend events, anything, fantastic. Yet these people are so sad they can't handle it... you're invading ""their little island"", the humanity. It's pretty hard to interpret my stance any other way, but, the brigading gatekeepers are out in full force making claims they can't prove. Only when backed in to a corner do they agree 'oH yEaH tHaT's WhAt I mEaNt ThE wHoLe tIme!@#"

Pathetic.

If anyone's looking for a guild on Origin hit me up, lot of gatekeepers on my sad little shard.

edited February 2022
    I had no reason to enter a thread you made about me?

:D  u  funny. 

Or u talking to Larissa.