Town Buff & City Loyalty when you transfer toon

@Kyronix ; @Mesanna
Can you please change the way town buff work in this game?
Can we have a menu on the stone where you choose the buff that you need? instead of 1 bonus per city, player can choose on the menu what he want to use.?
It is really hard when you transfer toons between shards to PVP and towns are Not the same buff and we have to wait 7 DAYS.  I mean, at least make 24 Hours or so. the way it is now Hurt people that want to go to other shards to PVP and cant use town buff

Comments

• @Kyronix
    Something like this, that you can choose , no matter the City loyalty, specially when you transfer toons between shards to PVP, you have to wait 7 LONG days!!!

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    But this is supposed to be based on loyalty to a city ? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • McDougle said:
    But this is supposed to be based on loyalty to a city ? 

Probably.
    I can be loyal to a city, I have NP with that, but when you transfer toons to any other shard for any reason  (PVP/PVM/EVENTS) whatever is the case, the town buff is Not the same.
    If you play Atlantic Shard and use FC Town Bonus (Moonglow) and  you want to transfer your toon to any other shard , Moonglow will NOT be the town for FC and you have to wait 7 days to change.
    That is my point @Kyronix , why not make a way you can choose the town bonus, regarding your loyalty or just like VVV, reset everytime you transfer a toon. so we dont have to wait 7 days!! 
    Without being a smartbass because loyalty wasn't built in a day ? Now if you're willing to grease the wheel and bribe it might be decent gold sink
  • @McDougle Gold is not an issue.
    My issue is having FC bonus on atlantic and than transfer a toon to LS or GL to PVP and have to wait 7 days, because the bonus on Moonglow LS is +5 healing instead the one I need FC. that is my issue and would be nice if you transfer the toon and the system reset and you dont Need to wait 7 days.
    I understand what you want just explaining why it's the way it is and possible solutions 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    I agree. We should be able to change loyalty without a wait.  You still have to be loyal to a specific city to get the buff.  So I do not see any issue with that.

Menu Idea eliminates city loyalty. 

If there were no wait what would that affect?

Well you do not do much with city loyalty.  Voting and titles are the only things I can think of.
    Titles go away if you change loyalty so no issue.
    Elections: The only thing they would have to make sure of is you can not change cities and vote more than once per account.  I'm pretty sure that is already covered.

I see no issue with the ability to change loyalty after a 24 hour wait.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    This has been brought up before, and we currently have no plans to change how the loyalty bonus is selected.  These were meant to be one-off bonuses that were a "nice to have" feature.  If the FC1 bonus is becoming a necessity the likely change would be to remove it.  
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Perhaps it should be purgeable, then it would not be relied on so heavily”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Kyronix said:
    This has been brought up before, and we currently have no plans to change how the loyalty bonus is selected.  These were meant to be one-off bonuses that were a "nice to have" feature.  If the FC1 bonus is becoming a necessity the likely change would be to remove it.  

I guess all the Atlantic "attitude" is now part of the devs as well. I am wonder if they actually play the game. and that is like a bully answer:  "If you all need FC bonus so bad, I will REMOVE...
  • The "Necessity" apply to 1 shard maybe, but when you TRANSFER a toon to another shard, the fact that you have to wait 7 days is absurd. is called common sense:

Common sense (often just known as sense) is sound, practical judgment concerning everyday matters, or a basic ability to perceive, understand, and judge in a manner that is shared by (i.e. common to) nearly all people.

Just like VVV if you transfer a toon to another shard, it reset everything, you loose your points and everything else. Why not do the same with City Buff, Why we need to wait 7 days, when you Transfer a toon to another shard and the bonus is not the same on any other shard?

what next? dont transfer toon? 
  • @Kyronix
    why not apply the same thing and Rest the loyalty when you Transfer a toon??

"will cause a removal of Governorship when you transfer"
    why not remove ALL stats and buff's and loyalty" as well?
    so people dont need to wait 7 days when they "transfer"

• Kyronix said:

I really cant stop to think on your logic. so we can also assume based on your logic that:

JEWELRY BOX
    This has been brought up before, and we currently have no plans to change how the Jewelry Box work. The Jewelry Box were meant to be one-off bonuses that were a "nice to have" feature.  
    If the Feature of SEARCH for a specific jewel is becoming a necessity the likely change would be to remove it.

not trying to be a di%^&  but is the same logic.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Build your suit so you do not have to rely on it.  Is what the guy who decides how it works says it says. (games have rules)

The Queen has spoken through her Minion.

Long Live the Queen!!!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    Build your suit so you do not have to rely on it.  Is what the guy who decides how it works says it says. (games have rules)

The Queen has spoken through her Minion.

Long Live the Queen!!!

ROFL
    That is SO true!!!!
    If you have a problem EMAIL ME and ME only, Minions are not allowed to have their own email.
    I dont care if 10.000 people like that color and the game would make money of, I DONT like that color, so that will never be available for the game.  same idea, pretty much. @Pawain
  • It's all bout choices. You choose to visit another shard, you deal with the realities of said shard. If the deals are in different cities, tough luck. Or one could build and develop a toon in said shard, if it's so desirable to be there. Or resign citizenship in your own shard 7 days before your visit to another shard and not have to wait to declare a new loyalty. It's all in your hands and it's called cost of opportunity.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    The I am entitled have demanded and the higher ups have said stuff u,  LMAO.  If you have to depend so much on a town buff then so sorry, what is it you PvPers tell us, DEAL WITH IT AND QUIT WHINING
  • The I am entitled have demanded and the higher ups have said stuff u,  LMAO.  If you have to depend so much on a town buff then so sorry, what is it you PvPers tell us, DEAL WITH IT AND QUIT WHINING
    and here is where a "like" button would have come in quite handy, alas, quoted shall it be:

Like it   :)  
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    No plans to change. No need to discuss further.
This discussion has been closed.