Mace and Shield Glasses Question

Is the mace and shield glasses considered metal armor for the stamina reduction or is it considered cloth/leather for the LMC?  I know the blackthorns version is a plate helm, but not sure if it gets the stam reduction bonus. 

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I remember it does not count but for LMC it considers only best 5 of 6 armor slots, neck, chest, leg, arm, glove. Armor with highest LMC takes priority.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Seth said:
    I remember it does not count but for LMC it considers only best 5 of 6 armor slots, neck, chest, leg, arm, glove. Armor with highest LMC takes priority.

Ok, thank you very much.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    I think Seth may be mistaken the patch notes from pub 81 state:

Player’s stamina loss will now be based on the type of armor as well as the amount of armor that is equipped. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will reduce the amount of stamina lost when taking damage. The armor pieces which provide the most stamina loss reduction will take priority.

It does not limit it to the particular slots so if you are wearing other armor pieces which are not plate it does count toward stamina protection.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    I think Seth answered a different question:

Do Mace and shield replicas increase total LMC as Plate would.

OP is asking about Stamina reduction when getting hit.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “They are medable so I presume there’s no stamina reduction from them”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    edited February 2022
    @Yoshi the plate helm bearing the crest of Blackthorn with mace and shield qualities is medable? How can you tell? It isn't labeled as a quality and is listed and repairs like plate? Curious as I chose it for the stamina loss protection but if it doesn't have it may go with a different style. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Riner said:
    @ Yoshi the plate helm bearing the crest of Blackthorn with mace and shield qualities is medable? How can you tell? It isn't labeled as a quality and is listed and repairs like plate? Curious as I chose it for the stamina loss protection but if it doesn't have it may go with a different style. 
    I don't think you get the +1 inherent LMC from the M&S Helm so would likely not register as plate. That said a simple test of trying to med in just that piece would be an easy way to tell if it is medable.
    edited February 2022
    “Sorry I skim read, plate helm should give 1 lower mana cost, (take off another piece or Armor to check) 
    if it gives that it should give stamina loss protection.
    I’m assuming it doesn’t have mage Armor on it”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    edited February 2022
    You might want to bear in mind that plate helm isn't the only blackthorn equivelant for mace and shield: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/artifact-collections/artifacts-castle-blackthorn/

Head Slot: Gargish Glasses, Plate Helm, Norse Helm, Circlet, Royal Circlet, Jester Hat, Tricorne, Bandana, Skullcap, Gargish Earrings, Feathered hat, Wizard hat

“I have a vague recollection of someone complaining to me that the plate glasses doesn’t give the LMC bonus, but my memory is hazy”
    The mace and shield and prismatic drops do not give the LMC cap +1 bonus.
    Those and the Converted cowl are medable. 

I don't have any Blackthorn versions to test.
  • Pawain said:

Thank you Pawain for testing what you could.
    Of_Beasts said:
    Pawain said:

Thank you Pawain for testing what you could.
    Since you are following this.

I took a guy with BT points to TC. 

The 3 metal helms are nonmedable.  They give the +1 LMC bonus.

All these items act like the origin piece.  

Glasses, Circlets, Medable.  As they all are.  No Bonus.

The cloth items Medable.

So I would say the answer is YES to both questions.

Enjoy.

Things that also give the +1 Bonus:

Britches of Warding
    Gauntlets of Feudal Grip
  • Pawain said:
    Things that also give the +1 Bonus:

Britches of Warding
    Gauntlets of Feudal Grip

Thank you again for the info.  Its good to have this information.  *bows*