Appeal: Devs please pick 3 more Castle designs

IMO this was the best castle design contest.  For the first time, all the houses in the top 20 could be used in game.

The Castles chosen by the voters are a spectacular addition to the housing of Britannia. 
I make an appeal to my Queen. @Mesanna Would you please grace us with Three or more choices for Castles in this round.
The masses were pleased with with this round and are looking forward to the Keep design contest.

Do not be persuaded by the town fools.

@Kyronix @Bleak @Misk ; Please persuade your Queen to honor us with more castle designs from this contest!

Thank You

1. Would you like the Queen to choose 3 or more Castle Designs?30 votes
    1. YES
      40.00%
    2. NO
      60.00%
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• This time the 1st place was my one choice. I am so happy!

So I am fine and don't need any more votes on any more (artifically voted) horrible Borg designs, thank you very much.
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I was really disappointed that there wasn't DEV picks this time.
    because this was actually the hardest contest to pick a design for.
    there was just that many awesome designs

I posted pics on stratics of all of the designs for the contest.
    And Mariah posted pics here of the top 20 designs.
    if you look, you would see why people were having a hard time deciding
    who to vote for.

The first round I voted for who my husband asked me to vote for
    the second round, it was so tough because there were several 
    that I would have converted my castle too
    (I do love the castle that I currently have,
    but would have converted if it was one of those designs)

DEVs please reconsider
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    I wounder why anyone would say no to new castle designs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Only people who own a castle should have a vote...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    I don't agree and I have 3 pony's in this race
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Kind of funny that you see a lot of whining about how small pub112 is and the lack of imagination the devs have and now you want them to pick 3 designs from all the designs submitted and when they do not pick the ones you think then they will just hear more shit.  The players spoke and we got the top 3 voted on, deal with it until next contest.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Kind of funny that you see a lot of whining about how small pub112 is and the lack of imagination the devs have and now you want them to pick 3 designs from all the designs submitted and when they do not pick the ones you think then they will just hear more shit.  The players spoke and we got the top 3 voted on, deal with it until next contest.
    We have always got the top 3.  Then 3 more from them.  

Which of the top 20 do you hate so much, go ahead give feedback to those designers.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Pawain said:

Which of the top 20 do you hate so much, go ahead give feedback to those designers.
    Who says they have to come from the top 20, you.  The devs could pick from any design they want.  As far as the top 20 goes I didn't vote because there wasn't a design there that I would use so all of them were not worthy of a vote IMHO.
    edited February 2022
    Pawain said:

Who says they have to come from the top 20, you.  The devs could pick from any design they want.  As far as the top 20 goes I didn't vote because there wasn't a design there that I would use so all of them were not worthy of a vote IMHO.
    So because you liked none of them you feel that your opinion is higher than the other players who did like the other 17 designs and voted then into the next round.

How would more castle choices hurt you?  

I also did not like any of the Castles in the contest enough to change to one of them.  But I feel there were a lot of nice designs.  Test Center was very crowded during this contest.  A lot of players had a lot of fun doing this.  Reward more of them!
  • No thanks
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    "Please pick three more castles, mine didn't get chosen!"
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    I think there were a lot of great designs and picking more simply give more options when placing a castle. More options means more happy paying players!
    gay said:
    "Please pick three more castles, mine didn't get chosen!"
    That's too bad for you.  I did not design one this round so I did not experience such a defeat as you.
  • One a contest is more then enough
  • I could be either way on having three more. I'm eager to get the keep contest started. We need more keep options. 
  • Funny how people are against My design just because its a square ..Oh I'm sorry I want more room to be able to have more choices in what I do with my castle .. Maybe I want a garden bed farm for garden beds ..not a darn one that won can be used for that ... Maybe an item Museum with display case.. Oh not much room for that either ... maybe a bandage factory but all those walls really kills that in new picks .. and Some people saying artificially voted ..I pay for my accounts and it seems some of the votes was mysteriously NOT counted .. weird how the tally's wasn't shown on the pole till after. Why cant we make sure all our votes get counted. They Show them for the Other voting contests Why not this one ? what's the use of having the option of 144 vendors for a castle if I can't use them all because the castle design isn't set up for that ? People vendor looking don't want to run around into 5 different rooms looking at vendors. I know I sure don't. just run up say Vendor look move over few tiles rinse & repeat ...
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Funny how people are against My design just because its a square ..Oh I'm sorry I want more room to be able to have more choices in what I do with my castle .. Maybe I want a garden bed farm for garden beds ..not a darn one that won can be used for that ... Maybe an item Museum with display case.. Oh not much room for that either ... maybe a bandage factory but all those walls really kills that in new picks .. and Some people saying artificially voted ..I pay for my accounts and it seems some of the votes was mysteriously NOT counted .. weird how the tally's wasn't shown on the pole till after. Why cant we make sure all our votes get counted. They Show them for the Other voting contests Why not this one ? what's the use of having the option of 144 vendors for a castle if I can't use them all because the castle design isn't set up for that ? People vendor looking don't want to run around into 5 different rooms looking at vendors. I know I sure don't. just run up say Vendor look move over few tiles rinse & repeat ...
    for me, the overall design was sound for what you described
    but in my opinion, the color choices was off-putting
    (it hurt my eyes to look at it too long)

I LOVED how you have the ledges and the hidden doors for those areas.
    but it came down to color choices for me.

And I do know there were people who really wanted that design too

after I did the screenshots of it, 
    I couldn't help but wonder why you didn't put any mannequins on those ledges
    make it more noticeable
    (they blended in with the floor tiles too much)

• SinaSina Posts: 32
    @Mesanna and @Kyronix
    Why not make the contest voting stone just like the Governor's election?
    Like show the % of votes each of the participants are getting. it will make the election more transparent.

• Cinderella said:
    for me, the overall design was sound for what you described
    but in my opinion, the color choices was off-putting
    (it hurt my eyes to look at it too long)

I LOVED how you have the ledges and the hidden doors for those areas.
    but it came down to color choices for me.

And I do know there were people who really wanted that design too

after I did the screenshots of it, 
    I couldn't help but wonder why you didn't put any mannequins on those ledges
    make it more noticeable
    (they blended in with the floor tiles too much)

LOL well I just went with color design as that wall is never really used plus Character I was using Name was Frogger. The Mannequins Id never really thought to do that.. was going to do Marble containers for vendors but couldn't use any lock downs ..so that just made me not really worry about adding anything and the Hidden floors I really didn't want them to POP out at you. so you would really just see Mannequins like they was floating ... Thanks Ill remember though for next time ...
  • I'd be happy if the Devs added 3 more of their choosing. My personal opinion is that there are many that would be on par or better than what we have in game already. More choices, more variation... I'm game.