Fountain of Life was destroyed when chopped to redeed.

Hey UO Team,

I was moving some things around today between houses and I basically looping 'I wish to release this' and accidentally performed a 'I wish to release this' on a Fountain of Life, I don't recall want the message was, but considering it was a deed item, I wasn't concerned.  I then went to chop the fountain to redeed it and the fountain was destroyed, and the bandages dropped to the floor.

I called a GM and they told me this is 'how it works.'  But it most definitely is not.  I just redeeded another fountain of life by chopping if.  Of course, I did not 'I wish to release this' on it first, so it worked.  It seems that you should not be allowed to release a fountain of life if it would result in destroying the item.

Thanks,
-H

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "I think mine turned into a barrel when i chopped it, instead of a deed, take a look for a barrel lol"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • No barrel, when I chopped the fountain no barrel or deed appeared in my pack and the bandages dropped to the floor (NOT my pack).
  • Hera_SiegeHera_Siege Posts: 51
    edited February 2022
    UPDATE:
    I went to create this on test center within interesting results.  You are able to release the fountain and it becomes no-longer locked down, on chop the bandages fall to floor and a DEED is returned to your backpack.  If the fountain is not released prior to chop a BARREL appears in your backpack with the bandies as part of the barrel.  You cannot chop the barrel in your pack.

So after that testing I took a look in my pack back on my production shard (as I was expecting the barrel, not a deed) and after sorting through all the other deeds (I was relocating house so was chopping/releasing lot of things) I found my fountain deed!  Yay!

So no true bug in that the fountain wasn't lost but seems you maybe shouldn't be able to release them?  I can further test on test to see if they are released if they decay.

So differing behavior on how the 'redeed' works based on whether it is 'released' or 'secured' on chop.
  • @Mariah - Nice!  Would have been awesome if the GM I paged had directed me to that page...  Guess not a bug for the release portion either.  
  • TheoTheo Posts: 169
    @ Mariah - Nice!  Would have been awesome if the GM I paged had directed me to that page...  Guess not a bug for the release portion either.  
    What would be really nice is if all house add ons worked the same.  Some you axe. Some you release.  Some your dbl click.   Its so ridiculously inconsistent.