Splinter Weapons, why can they exist forever?

"A shard of your blade breaks off and sticks in your opponent!"
This should incur permanent damage to the weapon, and splintering weapon should prevent the application of Powder of Fortification.

@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak during the dynamic event where you gave us a splintering weapon option that was Antique, you said it was made Antique because you didn't want people to have them forever. That logic should be applied to Splintering Weapon as a whole, as the literal cliloc text implies that the weapon is breaking apart. Maintain the 10 currently durability loss, but also incur 1 Maximum durability loss per proc.

That would mean in a perfect world scenario, a splintering weapon's lifespan would be on the max durability would go something as it's repaired and maintained:
255/230/207/186/167/150/135/122/110/99/89/80/72 etcetc. It still retains a semi long lifespan if it's taken care of, it just isn't permanent any more.

Also, lol at somehow a wooden bokuto being a viable candidate to spawn with splinter. Okay wood splinters but, LOL.

Comments

• Get rid of splinter spawning in the world and make it only craftable with runics. Throw crafters a bone, they haven't viable in a decade. Then make all weapons with splinter can't be powdered and lose permanent durability every proc.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    Get rid of splinter spawning in the world and make it only craftable with runics. Throw crafters a bone, they haven't viable in a decade. Then make all weapons with splinter can't be powdered and lose permanent durability every proc.

That is a good point, why bother re-hauling the BOD system into the tedious mess that it is now, if you're not gonna give crafters something more than the handful of reforges anyone does anymore?

List of the only practical reforging now:
    • 150 Luck
    • 5 HCI
    • 5 DCI
    • 100% Element
    • 70% Element + 70% Hit Spell
    • 100% Leech
    None of which, outside of the dovetail saw for 70/70, require high end runics. Where is the incentive to burn val hammers, barbed kits, heartwood saws etc anymore?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "(I bought and burned through a ton of barbed runics to get 5hci pieces that have more than 500 intensity total, also wanted 500+ intensity RPD armor) 
    I also had a request from someone for high intensity self repair 5 items for nefarious purposes, that takes high end runics. "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    I have never, in all my years of crafting, mass producing suits etc, ever, had anyone desire anything off a barbed kit, val hammer, heartwood kit/saw.
    "I'm sure my requirement was niche market, but If nobody uses them, people wouldn't sell them, and people wouldn't buy them..
    you don't have to choose them as a reward"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2022
    gay said:
    "A shard of your blade breaks off and sticks in your opponent!"
    This should incur permanent damage to the weapon, and splintering weapon should prevent the application of Powder of Fortification.

@ Mesanna @ Kyronix @ Bleak during the dynamic event where you gave us a splintering weapon option that was Antique, you said it was made Antique because you didn't want people to have them forever. That logic should be applied to Splintering Weapon as a whole, as the literal cliloc text implies that the weapon is breaking apart. Maintain the 10 currently durability loss, but also incur 1 Maximum durability loss per proc.

That would mean in a perfect world scenario, a splintering weapon's lifespan would be on the max durability would go something as it's repaired and maintained:
    255/230/207/186/167/150/135/122/110/99/89/80/72 etcetc. It still retains a semi long lifespan if it's taken care of, it just isn't permanent any more.

Also, lol at somehow a wooden bokuto being a viable candidate to spawn with splinter. Okay wood splinters but, LOL.

I have never seen fully plated warrior killed or hurt by a wooden bokuto sword, which is used mainly for training. In Japan, I thought they wear those protective gear when sparring with wooden swords? So its almost impossible for the wooden sword to hurt a warrior in heavy, full platemail armor.

But this is a game in a fantasy world - there is a balance between fake and reality to create the fun.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited February 2022
    "thing is about splintering, they lose something like 7 dura off the top of my head, i'm all for items not lasting forever. But with such an already large durability loss albeit temporary. What are you actually going to achieve by making them none PoFable?

Nobody uses splinter for PvM, so we're talking PvP here, 
    all it will mean is that people will have to spend 150 mill every 2 weeks on a new splintering Bok, this is nothing to people like Blitz who will happily burn through 20 mill worth of teleport ring charges just to dismount you even without killing them. People can and do already use imbued splintering boks so it's not going to stop people splintering in PvP. 

It would just price some people out of the competition.

Also that guy who paid 27 plat last year for the sick splintering bok might have something to say about it.

I personally use official client so i know the only time i can hit someone is if they are splintered or dismounted, even targeting with spells or else i just can't catch up to them, so it would get expensive for those who don't wish to use cheats."
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited February 2022
    Make splinter procs cost 20 mana base. It's a bleed + slow walk and it's free on top of the regular hit, while bleeding special move cost 30 mana, and  sleep cost 9 mana, SO in my opinion it would be just fair if splinter costed 20 mana or even 30  mana base (before LMC)
  • Make splinter procs cost 20 mana base. It's a bleed + slow walk and it's free on top of the regular hit, while bleeding special move cost 30 mana, and  sleep cost 9 mana, SO in my opinion it would be just fair if splinter costed 20 mana or even 30  mana base (before LMC)
    Quick blade that is 100% a fix to test. Because it would make you consider when you would use it.
    What someone decides to spend on something should have zero merit in progressive balancing. Spend 27p on an item? That's their problem, the devs are tasked with fixing actual problems.