Chalice of Pilfering Protection Can't be insured?

Just tested on Test Center, the Chalice can't be insured.  Is it just on Test or intended?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    If I got one I would lock in in my house so all my toons can use it, but if you don't have a house you would carry it around I guess.  

IMO anything you buy from the store or get as a vet reward should be blessed.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    The item can be used locked down in a house or (as I just tested) from the bank box. You don't need to carry it around.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    ...waits for people to say "yea but I can insure the luck statue which works almost the same as the chalice" 
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited February 2022
    What's the reason behind it not being insurable tho ? Is there any big reasoning behind it or am I missing something ? Not that I care about that item for a second, I'm just curious. Devs want the players to loose the chalice vet reward, instead of making it insurable? Doesnt seem logic.

Talking of insurance also, imagine if the devs would increase the insurance by 4x , and then 75% of the gold lost on death is lost , 25% goes to enemy player if you die in pvp, 100% is lost when dying in PvM.
    This would be a decent gold sink, specially if they made items insurance scale off intensity weight, so these 13 mods items would cost lets say exemple 15k insurance for one item with 13 mods (pre patch). The players wearing these items are usually well fortunate on gold. Also it would make the new players with low intensity weight items not cost as much insurance. ( with a balanced scaling )

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Maybe no one has brought this up in the TC feedback thread?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited February 2022
    I think Broadsword should be actively reviewing new posts in all the forums, not just specific threads in a specific sub-forum.  There really aren't many threads created across these forums in a given day to warrant micro targeting requirements.  I've seen devs reply in the general discussion forum in the past.

For the bug forum in particular (which is specifically under customer service), that one should have more active acknowledgement from broadsword staff (not a bug, confirmed bug will fix, not an exploit, provide more details, etc).

Seems fine to re-tune insurance costs, and seems fine if the chalice could be insured.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "rather than this item being blessed/insurable,

instead the item should only be able to be used when it is locked down in a house"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    When it is created via the vet reward system it is blessed.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
     B) 
  • Kyronix said:
    When it is created via the vet reward system it is blessed.
    Thanks Kyronix for your reply.