ALACRITY scrolls for Spellcasters : Is it possible to have their Timer increased ?

There is quite an imbalance, when using Alacrity scrolls with Spellcasters and when with Dexers....

Spellcasters, as we know, are subject to Mana usage and, even with Lower Mana Cost, eventually, when casting spells a go-go because training a skill under the effect of an Alacrity scroll, eventually the mana dries up, especially when at higher skill's levels when more Mana intensive spells need to be cast...

This means, necessarily, having to wait for Mana to go back up, before being able to resume casting spells to raise the skill.

Rinse and repeat, each time that Mana dries up....

Obviously, this means lots and lots of wait times which wear up the Alacrity 15 minutes times with less "skill checks" as possible because, obviously, the wait time to regain Mana are just wasted time that the Alacrity scroll wears out all for nothing....

None of this, has any affect on Dexers who, instead, when swinging or shooting (archers) or throwing (Throwers) at 1.25, can have skill checks a go-go with no time wasted on their Alacrity scrolls.

That is, for Spellcasters, Alacrity scrolls wear out way, but way faster with much less skill checks as possible throughout their 15 minutes time window, as compared to what skill checks Dexers can instead go for their combat skill, throughout those 15 minutes.

Thus, @Kyronix , would it please be possible to see Alacrity scrolls for spellcasting skills that use Mana and, thus, have "dead" waiting times to regain Mana, come up with a longer timer, say 30 minutes ?

Thanks.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "Popps, what skill are you training?
    if it's magery or mysticism you can train the same way a warrior trains,

if it's spellweaving i have also a fast way to train for you, "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    On a similar topic... can we just make the production shards work like TC1 and just say "set skill 1200" so we can eliminate having to train skills at all? 

Thanks.

IBTL
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I just can't even...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,247
    LOL
    IBTL
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,934

keven2002 said:
    On a similar topic... can we just make the production shards work like TC1 and just say "set skill 1200" so we can eliminate having to train skills at all? 

Thanks.

IBTL
    Well, Alacrity and Transcendence scrolls have been existing for Years now.

And it is quite a fact that spellcasters wear out Mana when casting spells... something which dexers do not do.

So, I do not see why there should be double standards whereas dexers would more take advantage of their Alacrity scrolls but Spellcasters would not be on an equal footing.

I am not advocating eliminating to train skills at all, only, for some fairness in between Spellcasters who have to use Mana and Dexers who do not have this disadvantage.
    @popps build your self a LRC/LMC/INT/Mana/MR suit and sit in your house casting non targeted spells and you can take them all the way to 120.  Yes you will run out of mana at times, just cast harder spells and please DO NOT ask which spells because that will just prove that you do not play UO at all.

IBTL
    Dexxors never run out of monsters to hit ? Dexxors hit everytime this is just a ridiculous non issue....
    @ popps build your self a LRC/LMC/INT/Mana/MR suit and sit in your house casting non targeted spells and you can take them all the way to 120.  Yes you will run out of mana at times, just cast harder spells and please DO NOT ask which spells because that will just prove that you do not play UO at all.

IBTL
    That is not the point of this Thread.

The point of this Thread, is that Dexers and Spellcasters have it quite different when it comes to utilize Alacrity scrolls 15 minutes time window....

Dexers do not have dead times, spellcasters, regardless of their suit, eventually WILL run out of Mana and will need to suffer a dead time to have their Mana regenerate.

It is an imbalance which, to my opinion, should be addressed by making Spellcasters Alacrity scrolls timer longer as that of dexers'.
    McDougle said:
    Dexxors never run out of monsters to hit ? Dexxors hit everytime this is just a ridiculous non issue....
    C'mon, we all know how there is spawns which spawn Monsters a go go....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,338
    I presume you know about holding a mage weapon, such as a wand, to lower your magery, allowing you to gain while casting lower level spells that use less mana? 
    Also you would of course have maximum mana regen, + int and + mana armor and possibly use mana  and int enhancing potions such as Urali trance tonic, balm of wisdom and Mana Draught?
    I presume you know about holding a mage weapon, such as a wand, to lower your magery, allowing you to gain while casting lower level spells that use less mana? 
    Also you would of course have maximum mana regen, + int and + mana armor and possibly use mana  and int enhancing potions such as Urali trance tonic, balm of wisdom and Mana Draught?
    Still, also with all that, at higher skills' levels, one needs to cast higher spells which use up more Mana which, eventually dries up and one has to wait for it to regenerate...

Something, which Dexers training with Alacrity scrolls, do not need to worry about....

Yet, Spellcasters' and Dexers' Alacrity scrolls' timers are for all the same 15 minutes.

I happen to think that Spellcasters' should have theirs lasting longer for the reasons explained.
    "petra, popps now knows more on how to train mystic than you now haha"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    C'mon, we all know how there is spawns which spawn Monsters a go go....
    Monsters of the appropriate level for skill gain?  you have created an issue in your mind where there is none. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,296
    Did not find getting my mage to 120 that difficult.  Does not make any difference what you fight if anything.  Just put a max mage penalty (29%) wand in you hand and head to Old Haven.  Cast flame strike or some thing else until your mana runs out then kill whatever with the wand while your mana builds up.  Then just repeat.  Or just write a macro and have your mage cast spells while you read a book.  Forgot how long it took but was not that hard.  Don’t think it makes any difference what you kill with the wand but was awhile ago.
    "popps will now be able to tell you all how to train magery and mysticism quickly"
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,041
    edited February 2022
    Yoshi said:
    "popps will now be able to tell you all how to train magery and mysticism quickly"
    Can't wait for that novel to appear on shelves in 2035!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • once again only YOU have a problem

everyone else can get this working

As said above get a decent training suit and may out the skills. IT IS EASY

it is beyond comprehension how you have played this long and continue to be so bad and even the most basic tasks

The Devs will NOT change things just for you so why do you persist with the stupid questions?

and you lay out your topics like you are the voice of the players, you are NOT. YOU have this issue, only YOU so stop pretending that we all suffer in the same way you appear to

WHAT"S NEXT???????? do you have a troll list just waiting to be deployed?

as always embarrassed for you
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Magery is a very easy skill to raise. 
  • This is completely Devoid of logic. For simplicity lets say an alacrity scroll gave 0.3 every gain instead of 0.1, the difficulty of the skill/mana delays has zero impact. On average you will get 45minutes worth of gains for 15minutes of training as the mana issue exists in regular training. The only real argument for change is with how overpowered imbuing ones are due to unravelling and pausing the timer until the next bag.

The real solution to your problem is stoning on necromancy/(ss?) for wraith form and withering at the underworld slimes  every time your mana gets low for an instant recharge.
    once again only YOU have a problem

everyone else can get this working

As said above get a decent training suit and may out the skills. IT IS EASY

it is beyond comprehension how you have played this long and continue to be so bad and even the most basic tasks

The Devs will NOT change things just for you so why do you persist with the stupid questions?

and you lay out your topics like you are the voice of the players, you are NOT. YOU have this issue, only YOU so stop pretending that we all suffer in the same way you appear to

WHAT"S NEXT???????? do you have a troll list just waiting to be deployed?

as always embarrassed for you
    Well we do have a new monster proof sculpture that will save his petals thus encouraged who knows what he might dream of asking for 
  • popps said:
    There is quite an imbalance... blah blah
    By your logic, Animal Taming Alacrity should last for about 12 hours cos your lucky to get a single gain at high levels from 1 alacrity (same for many other skills).

Alacrity scrolls are a bonus, a free boost if you like, much like Transcendence scrolls, absolutely not necessary to level and gain skill.  Just be thankful Alacrity scrolls exist!

IBTL
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Please make taming last 12 hours. I dont have enough tamers yet
    popps said:
    @ popps build your self a LRC/LMC/INT/Mana/MR suit and sit in your house casting non targeted spells and you can take them all the way to 120.  Yes you will run out of mana at times, just cast harder spells and please DO NOT ask which spells because that will just prove that you do not play UO at all.

IBTL
    That is not the point of this Thread.

The point of this Thread, is that Dexers and Spellcasters have it quite different when it comes to utilize Alacrity scrolls 15 minutes time window....

Dexers do not have dead times, spellcasters, regardless of their suit, eventually WILL run out of Mana and will need to suffer a dead time to have their Mana regenerate.

It is an imbalance which, to my opinion, should be addressed by making Spellcasters Alacrity scrolls timer longer as that of dexers'.
    And spell casters can sit in the comfort/safety of their house and train all day and Dexers can not.  I want a Training Dummy that will take me to 120 Sword/fence/mace/archer/thrower to make everything even.
    And spell casters can sit in the comfort/safety of their house and train all day and Dexers can not.  I want a Training Dummy that will take me to 120 Sword/fence/mace/archer/thrower to make everything even.
    "the training dummy is called an arctic ogre lord with dryad allure, or a wolf spider"

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,789
    edited February 2022
    For some constructive help: If you do not want your character to run out of mana quickly you will want their meditation and focus skills to be high. Focus helps to replenish your mana in the background between castings.  After I raised focus to 120 my mage almost never runs out of mana now unless I am spamming level 7 spells.
    Yoshi said:
    "the training dummy is called an arctic ogre lord with dryad allure, or a wolf spider"

How do I get one to sit in my house and not hit back and never die.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    Sounds like Yoshi answered popps questions via DM... sooooo close this thread and label it as another "popps thread"?

Lord_Frodo said:How do I get one to sit in my house and not hit back and never die.

"ask @popps "
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited February 2022
    Have a second account tame one and command it to stop after it is attacked. Use a 100% poison damage weapon. No damage to the pet. The pet will sit there doing nothing while you whack your way to 120.

This info has been on UOGuide for ~14 years??? (Method 2).
    Melee Training Guide - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia 
    -Arroth
    Have a second account tame one and command it to stop after it is attacked. Use a 100% poison damage weapon. No damage to the pet. The pet will sit there doing nothing while you whack your way to 120.

This info has been on UOGuide for ~14 years??? (Method 2).
    Melee Training Guide - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia 
    as have many ways to train every magic skill something we all did for years without blues at all  again fishing for something about a non existent issue...
This discussion has been closed.