Is publish 112 really going live next week?

It looks like @Mesanna added a note to the main page of UO.com saying publish 112 is going live next week. I'm hoping this isn't the case because the content being released (based on the notes right now) is pretty light; it's basically Vet rewards  / Valentine gift / a few bug fixes.

In the past, the first release always included the Vet rewards / Valentine gifts / bug fixes but then always had extra content; last year was more items added to the blackmarket vendor and the previous year was IDOC overhaul and the prior year to that was rising tide. 

Is this really it for publish 112?  @Kyronix

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    So no monster proof chest anymore ? 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Chalice of pilfering protection I LIKE! Not on TC yet :( Kyronix I see you there!  

Thank you for listening, I will most assuredly get the Chalice, make it a good graphic! 

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Why did I not see that on TC.....

It's PURPLE!!!!!! YESSS!! *does a happy dance*

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Larisa said:
    Why did I not see that on TC.....

It's PURPLE!!!!!! YESSS!! *does a happy dance*

You need to repatch. It's new artwork
    • Refactored the Monster-Proof Chest to the Chalice of Pilfering Protection, an elegant sculpture that will grant the user protection from monster looting once per 24 hours.
    • Updated the Potion Vat to hold up to 10 different types of potion kegs, 10 of each type for a total of 100 kegs.
    • Pet costumes will now automagically re-equip upon resurrecting a dead pet.
    • Pre-resist damage is no longer reflected by reflect physical damage.
    • You may now transmogrify the Hildebrandt shield with gargish shields.

And I did patch...twice...second time's the charm

• RinerRiner Posts: 355
    Interesting change to the monster chest idea. Wider coverage from monsters for a lesser time. Thank you for listening and adjusting it. 
    keven2002 said:
    It looks like @ Mesanna added a note to the main page of UO.com saying publish 112 is going live next week. I'm hoping this isn't the case because the content being released (based on the notes right now) is pretty light; it's basically Vet rewards  / Valentine gift / a few bug fixes.

In the past, the first release always included the Vet rewards / Valentine gifts / bug fixes but then always had extra content; last year was more items added to the blackmarket vendor and the previous year was IDOC overhaul and the prior year to that was rising tide. 

Is this really it for publish 112?  @ Kyronix ? 
    All looks awesome but agree with Keven a little lite on content....
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Mariah said:

i saw the buff when using CC
    but that didn't show in the buff bar on another account in EC, using Pinco's UI

is any of the EC users, who don't use Pinco's UI
    see that in the buff bar?
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    edited February 2022
    Oh I like the chalice.
    I'm thinking new content might be lite this year since they are probably having to double down on getting NL up and running for Sept's 25th anniversary.
    Marge said:
    Oh I like the chalice.
    I'm thinking new content might be lite this year since they are probably having to double down on getting NL up and running for Sept's 25th anniversary.
    Isn't that the whole reason for the new dynamic events less work...
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited February 2022
    Mariah said:

i saw the buff when using CC
    but that didn't show in the buff bar on another account in EC, using Pinco's UI

is any of the EC users, who don't use Pinco's UI
    see that in the buff bar?

appears to be a Pinco's/third party ui problem

(mariah's screenshot is also the EC client)
  • I am sorry Keven the team mailed in this patch, they will make it up to you maybe next publish in 4 months. It has been almost 5 months since the last publish and this was the best you could've done? I haven't had 5 months to think about vet reward but I can think of two vet rewards that would put this list to shame. How about a runic table where you can combine all your runic tools? Or similar to the soulstone vessel for your shard shield so they don't take up space in your house. The shield is just a deco item and has zero use in the game. Why not have a 25 year title and something like 20% housing storage increase once you claim it.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Wouldn't they have to load that graphic and info into Pinco's  or does it do it flawlessly?

The chalice is exactly what was asked for.  

It works like a Luck Statue.  You click it it works for 2 hours.
    So you can use your luck statue for an hour with this also on.
    Put it in your house and set to public and others can use it.
    Only need 1 per shard.

Very good @Kyronix

I would prefer more hours tho.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited February 2022
    I am sorry Keven the team mailed in this patch, they will make it up to you maybe next publish in 4 months. It has been almost 5 months since the last publish and this was the best you could've done? I haven't had 5 months to think about vet reward but I can think of two vet rewards that would put this list to shame. How about a runic table where you can combine all your runic tools? Or similar to the soulstone vessel for your shard shield so they don't take up space in your house. The shield is just a deco item and has zero use in the game. Why not have a 25 year title and something like 20% housing storage increase once you claim it.
    Why not have a 25 year title and something like 20% housing storage increase once you claim it.

I agree that, to my opinion, as it is, the Shield is worthless and useless, just a Deco item as you said which, for 25 continuous Years of Customer Loyalty, seems, at least to my opinion, quite underwhelming....

The Housing Storage increase would have been MUCH better and, at least, something tangible and actually usefull....

I would have actually made it some 40% Bank and Storage Increase for Accounts having 25 Years of continuous, active Age as a sign of appreciation for their continued Customer Loyalty for a whopping and amazing 25 Years......

Instead, 25 Years active Account Age Veteran Accounts, apparently, will be getting "that " shield.....
    edited February 2022
    Keeping things on track (this isn't a thread to discuss what the rewards are... there is a separate thread for that); it is disappointing that pub 112 is just for vet rewards/vday rewards. It's especially disappointing when none of the rewards appeal to me (I do like the shield but nobody will be able to get that until Sept... for me it's another 2 years); which is fine but with no other content being released that means there is nothing else in the publish for me to look forward to. Again this is fine too if it's just me but for any account under 5 years (autoloom) the only thing they get is the chalice (as far as content) and that is if they even want it. It seems like it's light on content for a whole bunch of people when I think about it like that.

I think that throwing some stuff on the black market vendor or a couple new clean-up reward would have been a pretty easy "win" to actually give some content to everyone regardless of account age. At least then people would have some added reason to grind toward something. 

@Kyronix - When can we expect the dynamic event list for the first half of the year (ie March-June)? Perhaps in the next newsletter?  I know the dynamic system was implemented a couple years ago for this very reason; more of a turn key event creator so we could have them throughout the year. Now that I've pretty much exhausted my "misc" grinding in Jan and this publish is really only for Vet rewards, I'm hoping that we can get something new to look forward to doing over the next 4-5 months. Thanks.
  • LMAO i told you guys, and yall defended the devs.  I know a lot of people who are getting increasingly bored.  The sub counts gonna plummet.  I'm guessing NL isn't going as smoothly as they would like us all to think, so its all hands on deck.
    If they did indeed give Origin the publish, I can't test it...my vet reward gump is NOT popping up.....on either of my accounts.

Every day that darn thing pops up...no I don't use EC, UO Assist, Pinco's...I just play the game as it was intended..no bells and whistles.

:(  I was ready to spend some vet reward picks.....

The new castles are there 
    Yeah but I don't want a new castle...I want an Autoloom and a Chalice of Pilfering!!

I want it NOW!! *Sings in the style of that bratty girl in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*

*sighs* is there anything I can do to make that appear again?

OHH and when you're done with the castle you HAVE to let me come see it!

My version won't be exciting i only use bottom floor..
  • I already spotted a bug concerning the reflect physical if it goes live. They(devs) can DM me if they want to know.

What exactly does that mean? Anything to do with Armor and properties just is way over my head lol.

• Larisa said:

What exactly does that mean? Anything to do with Armor and properties just is way over my head lol.
    No idea, if only they would provide clearer informations we would maybe know what they actually talking about.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
     I am guessing you could stack large amounts of reflect, and get hit for 30 before resist, take only 9 damage, but reflect back 30, having your opponent take the same.

So... i am assuming someone got butthurt because they killed themselves attacking someone. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited February 2022
    Larisa said:

When damage is calculated the last thing that happens before it is applied is that it is reduced by the opponents armor. 50 damage x .7 (70 resist) equals 35 damage reduction by resist  is  50 - 35 equals 15 damage taken.  Or turn it around 70 resist means you only take 30% damage  50 x .3 equals 15.

Maybe it was reflecting the damage number before armor.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    LMAO i told you guys, and yall defended the devs.  I know a lot of people who are getting increasingly bored.  The sub counts gonna plummet.  I'm guessing NL isn't going as smoothly as they would like us all to think, so its all hands on deck.
    I was trying to cut them some slack and trying to stay positive. Let's see what is in the next newsletter. I agree it might be all hands on deck for NL but lack of love on Prod shards (simply creating new vet rewards that not even everyone can claim isn't exactly love) would be a bit concerning. People will start getting bored and looking for other things to keep their attention.
    Just asking because I heard someone doing nierra and got one-shot. Don't remember what specs she has but wondering if these changes have anything to do with i

Explains why they didn't want to give us a roadmap