25 year vet reward feedback

ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
edited February 2022 in Test Center
For the new 25 year vet reward shield, here's some feedback:

1. Shield should always have a [hidden] self repair 5 property, or have no durability.  This beast should heal itself through usage, as it is dishing out damage.  Realize the shield quickly takes damage if you're actually using it to parry (which is required to get the flamestrike ability).  I doubt most people would transmog say a hephestus shield (which has self-repair) onto this.
  2. Remove the double transmogrify limitation.  Most people have probably already transmogged their best base shields onto orbs/pirate shield/etc at this point.
  3. Please confirm the role of Eval Int, INT, SDI, slayer book, etc, as it relates to flamestrike damage dealt by the shield.  It appears that Eval Int may not factor in currently, but SDI may ? 

As a side note, my pet keeps getting auto-stabled on test center one.  Happened after a few minutes of idle time in game.

Comments

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    there is already a thread made by kyronix on test center sub if you want to give your feedback
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    edited February 2022
    For the new 25 year vet reward shield, here's some feedback:

1. Shield should always have a [hidden] self repair 5 property, or have no durability.  This beast should heal itself through usage, as it is dishing out damage.  Realize the shield quickly takes damage if you're actually using it to parry (which is required to get the flamestrike ability).  I doubt most people would transmog say a hephestus shield (which has self-repair) onto this.
    2. Remove the double transmogrify limitation.  Most people have probably already transmogged their best base shields onto orbs/pirate shield/etc at this point.
    3. Please confirm the role of Eval Int, INT, SDI, slayer book, etc, as it relates to flamestrike damage dealt by the shield.  It appears that Eval Int may not factor in currently, but SDI may ? 

As a side note, my pet keeps getting auto-stabled on test center one.  Happened after a few minutes of idle time in game.

Point 3 is incorrect. Eval AND SDI both factor in. Unless they remove the 25year requirement I won't be eligible for another 2 years so there isn't much more testing I plan on doing to give any further info than the below. 

I was able to find out with very limited testing that both factor in and there damage difference is very large between 0 eval / 0 SDI and 120 eval / 85 SDI. My best guess is that it works very similar to the flamestrike spell when it comes to eval & SDI. If you plan on getting this Vet Reward then I'd suggest you hop on TC1 and do some testing. 

I won't belabor the point but my biggest critique of the shield is the age requirement; mainly because the powers that be have decided to remove almost every other age requirement in the game (ie ethy mounts & other wearable items) but they want to stick with the 25 year requirement that will likely never be met by any account younger than probably 15 years.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Much like the castle contest much ado for something that will affect such a small amount of the customer base...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    edited February 2022
    McDougle said:
    Much like the castle contest much ado for something that will affect such a small amount of the customer base...
    Yea except with enough money you could buy a castle. Doesn't matter how many plat you have in the bank or how bad you want the shield; unless you are going to buy a 25 year account (not many of those around let alone for sale) you have 0 chance at ever wearing it (until you hit 25yr).

I have about 2 years before I can claim it which I think isn't bad but I'm thinking about the people that have been around 10-15 years which is still a long time... those people still have to wait 10-15 more years to wear it? Assuming the game is still around then that would be 10-15 years of more vet picks (and possibly new items / artwork) that would make the shield outdated. Like I said, it wouldn't really be an issue for me if that's how every single reward pick was in the game but it's really not the case on 95% of the picks.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited February 2022
    Revising after some more testing:

1. A loss of 15 durability with about 10 minutes of testing, so the shield definitely needs self repair or no durability.  (Else not a good reward pick, it will simply be destroyed too quickly).

3.  Please confirm the role of Eval Int, INT, SDI, slayer book, etc, as it relates to flamestrike damage dealt by the shield.  revised:  Slayer books appear to affect damage, eval INT appears to scale differently than just casting the spell, e.g. with 120 eval INT, shield is dishing out approx 50 Eval INT worth of damage.  If the UO team can confirm the mechanics of this shield, that would be great.

Please remove the limit of 1 shield doled out on test center, that limits testing...

<checked log - pet got stabled due to clicking on the house contest, first I've seen than pillar>

• DragoDrago Posts: 290
    im disappointed with 25 year rewards.  there should be a larger selection.  25 years is a huge milestone
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    Please use the thread provided for publish feedback.
This discussion has been closed.