Question to Expert Imbuers/Reforgers....

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited January 2022 in General Discussions
I am in need, to craft 4 "medable" pieces (Arms, Gorget, Tunic and Gloves) each of which was to have 190 Luck and then, throughout all these 4 Pieces, I need to come up with : 

- 57 Physical Resistance
- 61 Fire Resistance
- 60 Cold Resistance
- 52 Poison Resistance
- 52 Energy Resistance
- 90% Lower Reagents Cost (basically, 2 x 25 - 2 x 20 LRC)

And, "if" possible, some HPR (Hit Point Regeneration) and if there is any room, some HPI.

Of course, with 255/255 Durability.....

Is it possible to Craft, Imbue and Reforge these 4 "medable" pieces to obtain such a result ?

If so, what would be the step by step process to make them ?

If, through Crafting/Imbuing/Reforging it was not going to be possible to get those Resistances across the 4 pieces, I can have a "Plan B" by using 1 Legendary piece with 140 Luck but very High Resistances so to loose 50 Luck, but be able to tally up those Resistances indicated above across the 4 pieces of the suit.

Thanks for the kind help !!

Comments

• BenBen Posts: 208
    *Wipes brow* Step by step, huh?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Ben said:
    *Wipes brow* Step by step, huh?
    Well, an "how to" in order to reach the wanted result without making mistakes...

How else would you word it ?
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    well... your gonna craft alot of trash gear in this process. and it is going to be hard to get 22-24lrc and 150 luck from reforging.
    it will take a bit to get 150 luck and the right LRC
    you will need arms lore to craft for the extra resists
    your gonna choose wizardly and fortune for reforging
    your gonna powder
    your gonna imbue (yes imbue first, gives more room) hpi, hpr, and a resist. you may not have room for all, so i would focus on resist, becuase of the ability to swap gear at the last moment.

after your have your 4 peices imbued, get a forged metal artifact (because without one, that suit is gonna break, and enhance with:
     spined leather(only boosts phys resist by 9) so you are gonna be looking for peices that will get your resists as close as possible by adding another 36(from enhanceing) points to your phys total.

• you have to find the answers like everyone else did. Why should it be put on a plate for you? Want someone to actually make it so you can sit back and do nothing?

One word

RESEARCH

the info is all out there, YOU have to go look like everyone else did

Start with google uostratics or uoguide imbuing oh wow, why did you think of that?
  • you have to find the answers like everyone else did. Why should it be put on a plate for you? Want someone to actually make it so you can sit back and do nothing?

One word

RESEARCH

the info is all out there, YOU have to go look like everyone else did

Start with google uostratics or uoguide imbuing oh wow, why did you think of that?
    No need to open the thread if you don't want to help. No need to be a toxic person to a guy looking for advice. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited January 2022
    McDougle said:
    Here is what you asked for @popps

My question to you would be what other pieces are you using (namely head slot / legs)? Why do you only have 10% LRC between these 2 pieces (among many other missing properties)? 

Using the Wildfire luck mask gives you 25 LRC and 15 to every resist alone. Please don't act like you didn't get at least one mask from the event either because I remember you posting about it on a thread during the event. Even if I did entertain the idea that you don't have the mask; then your head piece should focused on luck/LRC.

I cannot think of what legs you would be using that would warrant not having at least 20 LRC imbued on them in addition to the luck since there isn't any artifact offering better luck totals (if you  legs don't have luck / LRC I'd question why they are in your "luck suit").
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I could argue his gorget should be mempo...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    Can you reforge LRC greater than 20?  I have made a few Luck/LRC suits and a lot of LRC suits and I have never gotten more than 20 LRC.

Why only 4 piece suit @popps
    keven2002 said:
    McDougle said:
    Here is what you asked for @ popps . 

My question to you would be what other pieces are you using (namely head slot / legs)? Why do you only have 10% LRC between these 2 pieces (among many other missing properties)? 

Using the Wildfire luck mask gives you 25 LRC and 15 to every resist alone. Please don't act like you didn't get at least one mask from the event either because I remember you posting about it on a thread during the event. Even if I did entertain the idea that you don't have the mask; then your head piece should focused on luck/LRC.

I cannot think of what legs you would be using that would warrant not having at least 20 LRC imbued on them in addition to the luck since there isn't any artifact offering better luck totals (if you  legs don't have luck / LRC I'd question why they are in your "luck suit").
    It is a very specific suit for a very focused employment.....

I got Head, Robe, Legs and jewellery pretty much "stuck" with what I have to use there.... the 10 LRC comes from a Mana Orb...
    McDougle said:
    I could argue his gorget should be mempo...
    Certainly the Mempo's 300 Luck would be great, and the Resists are decent, the problem is, that it has 0 LRC and there is no way that I could get 90% LRC with the remaining 3 pieces....
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:
    McDougle said:
    Here is what you asked for @ popps . 

It is a very specific suit for a very focused employment.....

I got Head, Robe, Legs and jewellery pretty much "stuck" with what I have to use there.... the 10 LRC comes from a Mana Orb...
    So what is the purpose of the suit then (that you won't share the properties on the head/legs)??

Just more trolling I suspect.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "I will PM him, make his life easier"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    I use a lot of very customized luck suits 55 lmc studded for my archer different ones for tamers mainly concerned with lmc and MR to keep consume running etc so yes knowing the use of the suit is important in this advice although technically i i answered his question in my first reply which should have been the end of it
  • popps said:
    each of which was to have 190 Luck

- 90% Lower Reagents Cost (basically, 2 x 25 - 2 x 20 LRC)
    From my experience I will highlight this, getting 190 Luck requires inital reforging to 150 then enhancing with forged metal of artifacts.
    25 LRC can only be achieved by reforging.

Reforging a piece for 25 LRC & 150 Luck is a shot in the dark in my opinion, chances are slim/impossible without the piece being brittle or worse.

I would suggest posting your 'other' pieces and maybe alternative options can be suggested.
    edited January 2022
    The jewelry is pretty set in stone with building luck suits 
    The bleue set for casters
    The rouge set for warriors 
    Or compassions eye and bracelet of primal consumption 

The mempo 
    Armor of fortune 
    wildfire mask 
    Yuko earrings 
    Minax sandals 
    Luck robe 

All basically mandatory if you want. Max luck
    McDougle said:

The mempo 
    Armor of fortune 
    wildfire mask 
    Yuko earrings 
    Minax sandals 
    Luck robe 

I am not looking for a max Luck suit, but, rather, on some decent Luck 800-1,000+ on the suit that I need to build....

That is why I was asking for those 4 pieces with 190 Luck reforged on them....
    popps said:
    McDougle said:

The mempo 
    Armor of fortune 
    wildfire mask 
    Yuko earrings 
    Minax sandals 
    Luck robe 

I am not looking for a max Luck suit, but, rather, on some decent Luck 800-1,000+ on the suit that I need to build....

If not shooting for max luck honestly it's not worth time effort cost and losing other mods ...
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    @popps What are you building this for and what other pieces do you already have?  Have you tried VS?
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I do not believe it is possible to get the 4 pieces you describe without imbuing or reforging additional resist on to the pieces.  You need 246 resist points pre enhancement out of 4 pieces, or just over 61 points per piece.  This can’t be achieved with base leather, even with Armslore.  Resist slots and weight will likely eat up most of your additions after luck and LRC.
    popps said:

Just go hunt Fel for the 1k luck bonus then and don't worry about the suit.

@ popps What are you building this for and what other pieces do you already have?  Have you tried VS?

He's just trolling as usual, I wouldn't waste too much energy on it.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited January 2022
    You go here:  https://www.uoguide.com/Runic_Re-Forging
    Or: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/imbuing/runic-reforging/

My eyes read the first one better.

Make as many exceptional plain leather arms as your crafter with arms lore can carry. Choose the ones with low physical resist. Fill up again. Take a few 90 charge Spined runic sewing kits. (You can not choose Auspicious on a Horned or Barbed kit) Go to a soulforge.  I always use Queens with my Garg. (I always crash within a minute of starting, Re open UO and I don't crash again.)

Runic Reforging:
    As you can see below, Spined Gives 1 to3 properties.  Since you are choosing 1 from 2 categories, You will get 2 or 3.

Dble click the Spined Runic. Click on the item you want to reforge.

Click help to read about what each thing does. Also here are the armor choices and runic info.

I choose Powerful, Structural because both give more max power chance to each property.
    I do not need Fortified because I can PoF the items after.
    I choose Grand Inspired Exalted and Sublime So I can put the 2 names I want on the pieces.
    (If you choose just Exalted, you will almost always get a random property from any group.)

Click Reforge and your item is made. Repeat over and over then make more sleeves and repeat over and over.

Chances to make what you want.  
    Each item will have Luck because that is the only thing in that category.
    Each item will have 1 or 2 properties from the other category.
    You have 1 in 5 chance to get LRC
    Each property has an intensity range Low to Max. You have a 1 in 4 chance to get max usually.
    So you have properties you do not want and values that are not Max

Here are what I made in 5 tries.

Welcome to reforging.

What you look for is 150 Luck.  The other property does not matter.

If you get that, put it aside and save for imbuing.
    Fully powder any item you want to imbue.

Use this link and choose item and custom.  You have 450 total points to use.
    https://www.knuckleheads.dk/tools/imbuing/armor

You can still imbue 2 or 3 things onto these.  You can imbue the 20 LRC.

After you get your Luck and LRC and are finished imbuing you can enhance it using this page info:
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/material-bonuses/

USE YOUR FORGED METAL OF ARTIFACTS TOOL

You are using leather so you can enhance with Spined.
    You will receive 40 More Luck  and 9 more physical resist on that piece.

Welcome to crafting

Putting just Luck and LRC is not that difficult.  It just takes many attempts.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Understand many attempts means money..
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    McDougle said:
    90 charge kits are the big cost.  You can make BODs and get the min charges or buy on VS.

Plain leather is something you should have.  Then the tool costs $ from the store.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    90 charge kits are the big cost.  You can make BODs and get the min charges or buy on VS.

Plain leather is something you should have.  Then the tool costs $ from the store.
    Plus hair loss from the frustration 
    Can you reforge LRC greater than 20?  I have made a few Luck/LRC suits and a lot of LRC suits and I have never gotten more than 20 LRC.

Why only 4 piece suit @ popps
    Frodo, I might be wrong, but I seem to recall the option given under extremely rare circumstances. I never needed to imbue more than 20% so never took the choice. Just can not recall what those circumstances were.
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:

Plus hair loss from the frustration 
    Ha-haaaaaaa! It is 8 a.m. You're killing me, man.
    edited February 2022
    Pawain said:

Make as many exceptional plain leather arms as your crafter with arms lore can carry. Choose the ones with low physical resist. Fill up again. Take a few 90 charge Spined runic sewing kits. (You can not choose Auspicious on a Horned or Barbed kit) Go to a soulforge.  I always use Queens with my Garg. (I always crash within a minute of starting, Re open UO and I don't crash again.)

Runic Reforging:
    As you can see below, Spined Gives 1 to3 properties.  Since you are choosing 1 from 2 categories, You will get 2 or 3.

Click help to read about what each thing does. Also here are the armor choices and runic info.

I choose Powerful, Structural because both give more max power chance to each property.
    I choose Grand Inspired Exalted and Sublime So I can put the 2 names I want on the pieces.
    (If you choose just Exalted, you will almost always get a random property from any group.)

Click Reforge and your item is made. Repeat over and over then make more sleeves and repeat over and over.

Each property has an intensity range Low to Max. You have a 1 in 4 chance to get max usually.

Welcome to reforging.

After you get your Luck and LRC and are finished imbuing you can enhance it using this page info:

Welcome to crafting

You are a saint...
    And people say to me,
    You do not play games.
    I have answered, No.
    But, you play UO.
    Yeah.
    I don't get it.
    I know.
    Pawain said:

Runic Reforging:

Welcome to reforging.

Welcome to crafting

@Pawain

Thanks for the great and very usefull write up...

One part which you did not address, or that I could not at least notice, is the Resistances...

I am in need to come up with, across the 4 pieces I need to craft,

- 57 Physical Resistance
    - 61 Fire Resistance
    - 60 Cold Resistance
    - 55 Poison Resistance
    - 52 Energy Resistance

That makes 285 Resistances split across 4 pieces which makes it 71.25 total resistances per piece..

Is that flat out impossible, or can it be done with 190 Luck and 15-20 LRC on each piece ?

My original requirement of LRC across these 4 pieces is no longer 90% LRC but, rather, 70% LRC as I was able to recover 20% LRC somewhere else...

So, those 4 pieces that I need to craft would need to some 2 x 20% LRC and 2 x 15% LRC.

Since, after enhancing, the total resists on a piece is 45, how do I bring them on each piece to average 71.25 total resistances ?
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Runic Reforging:

Welcome to reforging.

Welcome to crafting

@ Pawain

Thanks for the great and very usefull write up...

One part which you did not address, or that I could not at least notice, is the Resistances...

I am in need to come up with, across the 4 pieces I need to craft,

- 57 Physical Resistance
    - 61 Fire Resistance
    - 60 Cold Resistance
    - 55 Poison Resistance
    - 52 Energy Resistance

That makes 285 Resistances split across 4 pieces which makes it 71.25 total resistances per piece..

Is that flat out impossible, or can it be done with 190 Luck and 15-20 LRC on each piece ?

My original requirement of LRC across these 4 pieces is no longer 90% LRC but, rather, 70% LRC as I was able to recover 20% LRC somewhere else...

So, those 4 pieces that I need to craft would need to some 2 x 20% LRC and 2 x 15% LRC.

Since, after enhancing, the total resists on a piece is 45, how do I bring them on each piece to average 71.25 total resistances ?
    There are many great tools that can help knuckleheads imbuing calculator etc your parameters being so vague make it impossible for anyone to give you a solid answer 
This discussion has been closed.