Publish 112 has interesting things

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    edited January 2022
    I'd like to see a book that holds Deeds as vet reward or store item

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Arnold7 said:
    What good is a non blessed container monsters can’t loot if you die?  Sooner or later you will will lose it when you either forget to or can’t pick up your belongings.  Is it insurable?  If not, really have to wonder about this one.  If it’s not meant to be carried, how would the looting restriction be useful?
    Based on the discussion with Kyronix; this item will not be blessed or insurable and he seemed pretty adamant about it. 

Norry said:
    So these are preview items, not something they are willing to take feedback on?
    I see the vats as to restrictive(10 kegs of 1 type)
    The chest is a neat idea, but for a pick that can sell for over 150 mil, not worth losing it to save 8 items from mobs. Make it blessed, and limit what can go in it.(no cursed, no insured, stackable only ect.)

I think they will take feedback (like wildfire ostard in past) but I think there are many things they just aren't going to budge on (which is a mistake imo) regardless if the feedback is unanimous. For example, the chest WILL be a Vet reward that is not blessable or insurable and that's non negotiable according to Kyronix. 

I agree that the vat is restrictive and would really only be for decoration because like I've said before; what's the point of potion kegs now when I can stack up to 60k in potions as 1 item? That same amount of potions would be 600 items (kegs) before the vat and will still be 60 items after the vats (you would need 60 vats btw). For the vats to be useful they would need to store up to 60k in potions as 1 item (and 1 vat) as a minimum. I don't see them moving on that though. 

I also agree with you on the chest but it kind of seems like the ship has sailed on that too. I told Kyronix that it doesn't seem like many people would pick this item if it's not insured or blessed and he told me that I didn't have to select the reward.

I also feel the same way about the Carto table; artwork is cool and it follows suit with the other tools but after GM carto there is really no use to make a map ever again. To be more of a useful pick this table would need to give some type of bonus to Carto (maybe increase chances of pulling a gold chest for an hour); otherwise it won't be selected by many.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    thats it? and no fix for EC ghosting?

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    keven2002 said:
    Arnold7 said:
    What good is a non blessed container monsters can’t loot if you die?  Sooner or later you will will lose it when you either forget to or can’t pick up your belongings.  Is it insurable?  If not, really have to wonder about this one.  If it’s not meant to be carried, how would the looting restriction be useful?
    Based on the discussion with Kyronix; this item will not be blessed or insurable and he seemed pretty adamant about it. 

Norry said:
    The chest is a neat idea, but for a pick that can sell for over 150 mil, not worth losing it to save 8 items from mobs. Make it blessed, and limit what can go in it.(no cursed, no insured, stackable only ect.)

I think they will take feedback (like wildfire ostard in past) but I think there are many things they just aren't going to budge on (which is a mistake imo) regardless if the feedback is unanimous. For example, the chest WILL be a Vet reward that is not blessable or insurable and that's non negotiable according to Kyronix. 

I agree that the vat is restrictive and would really only be for decoration because like I've said before; what's the point of potion kegs now when I can stack up to 60k in potions as 1 item? That same amount of potions would be 600 items (kegs) before the vat and will still be 60 items after the vats (you would need 60 vats btw). For the vats to be useful they would need to store up to 60k in potions as 1 item (and 1 vat) as a minimum. I don't see them moving on that though. 

I also agree with you on the chest but it kind of seems like the ship has sailed on that too. I told Kyronix that it doesn't seem like many people would pick this item if it's not insured or blessed and he told me that I didn't have to select the reward.

I also feel the same way about the Carto table; artwork is cool and it follows suit with the other tools but after GM carto there is really no use to make a map ever again. To be more of a useful pick this table would need to give some type of bonus to Carto (maybe increase chances of pulling a gold chest for an hour); otherwise it won't be selected by many.
    I told Kyronix that it doesn't seem like many people would pick this item if it's not insured or blessed and he told me that I didn't have to select the reward.

I do not understand what the point was to be, to spend time, work and efforts to create an item which then players, apparently, considering the many indicating non-blessed or not-insurable for this chest, as too much of a downside for them wanting to pick this item.

Sure, @Kyronix is very right in saying that players do not "have to " select this reward.... but then, why spend time, work and efforts in the first place to make it available ?

I thought, that items were made for players to actually "want" to use them.... if not, then why are they designed, if I may ask '?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:
    Arnold7 said:

Norry said:

I told Kyronix that it doesn't seem like many people would pick this item if it's not insured or blessed and he told me that I didn't have to select the reward.

I do not understand what the point was to be, to spend time, work and efforts to create an item which then players, apparently, considering the many indicating non-blessed or not-insurable for this chest, as too much of a downside for them wanting to pick this item.

Sure, @ Kyronix is very right in saying that players do not "have to " select this reward.... but then, why spend time, work and efforts in the first place to make it available ?

I thought, that items were made for players to actually "want" to use them.... if not, then why are they designed, if I may ask '?
    Because you specifically you asked for this now the mean monsters won't steal your consumables 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:
    Arnold7 said:

Norry said:

Sure, @ Kyronix is very right in saying that players do not "have to " select this reward.... but then, why spend time, work and efforts in the first place to make it available ?

Because you specifically you asked for this now the mean monsters won't steal your consumables 
    Absolutely, and it is a wonderful thing to have, now that at Treasures of types of Events the decay rate for monsters was greatly accellerated...

Often, when a Monster looted a player's corpse, by the time the player got ressed and back to their corpse, the Monster that had looted them had already died, and the corpse decayed with anything looted from the player with it...

So, this container was not just needed, but MUCH needed, to my opinion....

But make it not blessed and not even insurable ?

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:
    Arnold7 said:

Norry said:

Absolutely, and it is a wonderful thing to have, now that at Treasures of types of Events the decay rate for monsters was greatly accellerated...

Often, when a Monster looted a player's corpse, by the time the player got ressed and back to their corpse, the Monster that had looted them had already died, and the corpse decayed with anything looted from the player with it...

So what is to stop the monster from taking the chest?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited January 2022
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:
    Arnold7 said:

Norry said:

Mobs stopped taking containers a long time ago. That's why I told players to carry paragons chests.  They loved to take the cursed items and gems and gold from those.  They leave containers alone.  That is why this works if you get back to your body in time.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312

Pawain said:
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:
    Arnold7 said:

Norry said:

Mobs stopped taking containers a long time ago. That's why I told players to carry paragons chests.  They loved to take the cursed items and gems and gold from those.  They leave containers alone.  That is why this works if you get back to your body in time.
    so all we need to do is carry paragon chests no need for this vet reward at all ?
    edited January 2022
    Skett said:

Pawain said:
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:
    Arnold7 said:

Norry said:

so all we need to do is carry paragon chests no need for this vet reward at all ?
    Pretty much.  I kept them until I was near overweight.  Some of them were near empty when I opened them.  The downside is that the cursed items drop in your backpack, but mobs steal those also.

The mobs like the stuff in the chests more than they do your resources. 

The chest is a nice organizer and can be used for other things.  
    Pawain said:
    Skett said:
    Pretty much.  I kept them until I was near overweight.  Some of them were near empty when I opened them.  The downside is that the cursed items drop in your backpack, but mobs steal those also.

The mobs like the stuff in the chests more than they do your resources. 

The chest is a nice organizer and can be used for other things.  
    Sounds like this might be where the Devs took the vet reward idea from  >:)
  • That chest SHOULD be from huntmaster reward. I don't even know why we are discussing about it being a vet reward, it makes 0 sense. There is already plenty of new vet rewards added, and to be fair even if it was a huntmaster reward I wouldnt want one, useless item. But who care about my feedback anyway.
    That chest SHOULD be from huntmaster reward. I don't even know why we are discussing about it being a vet reward, it makes 0 sense. There is already plenty of new vet rewards added, and to be fair even if it was a huntmaster reward I wouldnt want one, useless item. But who care about my feedback anyway.
    I agree but I don't think they are budging on it being a Vet Reward. I guess technically people could argue it for many things (like the book straps last year) but this one seems like a head scratcher; almost just checking the box to say X new vet rewards have been added. People shouldn't need to risk a vet reward when they use it (we only get 2 a year). 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Maybe just make the chest blessed and it only can hold the consumables that were of the initial concern (petals, fish pies, etc). I feel like that alone would make the chest worth it since that was the main reason the idea was even mentioned.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “100% LRC, blessed bandages, blessed arrows, blessed ninja stars…

heading down a dark road”

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “100% LRC, blessed bandages, blessed arrows, blessed ninja stars…

heading down a dark road”

I actually agree with you. Between insurance / quivers / bandage belts / ninja belts / blessed items a player's pack is already 90% "safe" from being looted (because they don't drop). Now the idea that consumables will also be "safe" really only leaves scrolls (power/trans/alac) left to be looted.

I decided to knock the dust off my thief this past weekend and it was pathetic because there is literally nothing to steal from people except for their pots & petals (and even then as a non-VvV player I can't steal the VvV potions). They even insure their blackrock stew. Needless to say I didn't have much fun taking him out because if I really wanted potions, I'd just hop on my alchemist.   :'(
    Pvpers don't kill you for your aids or petals not even for insurance money they want your PS .....
    McDougle said:
    Pvpers don't kill you for your aids or petals not even for insurance money they want your PS .....

PvP isn't really about getting rich (except for the PS aspect) but more so about dropping the enemy and "winning" the fight, which is why PvP isn't strictly done at champ spawns and barely anyone duels anymore (it's all about field fighting in groups).

The reason I disagree with making essentially everything blessed isn't because I want to take people's potions for myself (though that is an added benefit); it's because I want to take them out of the fight for a little longer. If everything is blessed (including consumables) and I'm able to drop someone, that person can get rezzed anywhere and within 10 seconds be back in the fight compared to having their resources taken and now they have to hit the bank/house to restock. That's why back in the day when I PvP'ed before LRC suits when I killed someone in a field fight, I'd at least always grab their ginseng/black pearl so that they couldn't have someone rez them and gather their stuff to jump back in the fight right away.

This was also fun when I was on my thief because I'd target people's ginseng as soon as they flagged me and then take out a poisoned dagger to poison them and then use a spear to kill them (without ginseng they couldn't cure or heal...actually was very entertaining). This is exactly what I was missing when I brought my thief out this weekend. Without anything good to steal; I was literally just flagging stealing potions out of boredom but without any way to stop people from casting on me or attacking it just became boring flagging to steal 5 potions and then running away bc I couldn't do much else to stop the attack (like stealing reags or bandaids etc).
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    keven2002 said:
    McDougle said:

PvP isn't really about getting rich (except for the PS aspect) but more so about dropping the enemy and "winning" the fight, which is why PvP isn't strictly done at champ spawns and barely anyone duels anymore (it's all about field fighting in groups).

The reason I disagree with making essentially everything blessed isn't because I want to take people's potions for myself (though that is an added benefit); it's because I want to take them out of the fight for a little longer. If everything is blessed (including consumables) and I'm able to drop someone, that person can get rezzed anywhere and within 10 seconds be back in the fight compared to having their resources taken and now they have to hit the bank/house to restock. That's why back in the day when I PvP'ed before LRC suits when I killed someone in a field fight, I'd at least always grab their ginseng/black pearl so that they couldn't have someone rez them and gather their stuff to jump back in the fight right away.

This was also fun when I was on my thief because I'd target people's ginseng as soon as they flagged me and then take out a poisoned dagger to poison them and then use a spear to kill them (without ginseng they couldn't cure or heal...actually was very entertaining). This is exactly what I was missing when I brought my thief out this weekend. Without anything good to steal; I was literally just flagging stealing potions out of boredom but without any way to stop people from casting on me or attacking it just became boring flagging to steal 5 potions and then running away bc I couldn't do much else to stop the attack (like stealing reags or bandaids etc).
    Bullcrap!  PvP is all about killing PVMers and stealing their PSs.  How many times do we hear PvPers SCREAM Risk V Reward

Bullcrap!  PvP is all about killing PVMers and stealing their PSs.  How many times do we hear PvPers SCREAM Risk V Reward
    Allow me to clarify...

Not ALL PvP is about getting rich. Fact of the matter is that champ spawn PvP is just a small percentage of PvP. Even then, they aren't specifically looking to kill you and take your scroll; they are looking to take over the spawn to scrolls so it doesn't really mean they need to kill you and loot them. 

Majority of PvP is done outside of champ spawns like Yew gate (on ATL) or in the VvV towns because people like the fight and all you get from this is their insurance money and their pots/petals which isn't really going to make you rich from this alone.
    Me and some guild mates tried VvV on pac we took every town for days the only time we even saw anyone else wasvif they needed new VvV arties i live and hunt in fel 90% of the time outside of yew gate or an event dungeon i never see reds pop a spawn and ss soon as champ shows there are the reds.. i of course can't speak for Atlantic which is it's own entirely in many ways different game 
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    edited February 2022
    Saying that a PVP'er isn't looking to loot scrolls seems to ignore the fact that they show up when the champ spawns and attempt to kill and loot those who just completed it. Oddly enough they seem to avoid the spawn until the champ spawns. I'm sure there are some who would like to take others players consumables to delay their return but the goal appears to be to take the scrolls. If not why bother fighting pvm players and looting the scrolls? I'm know making the container blessed will upset some pvp players but it would make it functional for the majority of people who play this game. 
    Riner said:
    Saying that a PVP'er isn't looking to loot scrolls seems to ignore the fact that they show up when the champ spawns and attempt to kill and loot those who just completed it. Oddly enough they seem to avoid the spawn until the champ spawns. I'm sure there are some who would like to take others players consumables to delay their return but the goal appears to be to take the scrolls. If not why bother fighting pvm players and looting the scrolls? I'm know making the container blessed will upset some pvp players but it would make it functional for the majority of people who play this game. 
    Saying that a PVP'er isn't looking to loot scrolls seems to ignore the fact that they show up when the champ spawns and attempt to kill and loot those who just completed it.

And this happens, to my opinion, because, so far, the Developers ( @Kyronix , can you guys please address this issue ?) while doing something about "Ghost" cams to go back to a Shrine after some time, have not done anything about "Hidden EJ Cams".....

Therefore, these Champion Spawn "Raiders", just have a bunch of free, costless Hidden EJ Cams which they pop up at Spawns or Locations which they want to Monitor, having scripts running which prevent them to log off for inactivity and to Report the player controlling them if there is activity nearby from other players, and if so, they call in their buddies and do the Raids.

Until something SERIOUSLY gets done about these Hidden EJ Cams to make it NOT possible for players to use them as convenient, free Cams that code does not bother, Champion Spawns Raiders will always have it easy to have a "GOD's Eye" on whatever Location they want to keep monitor, and jump in only when the Champ is up to hurt fellow players' gameplay with the least effort.....

Kyronix, PLEASE, can you guys find a smart and working way to make "Hidden EJ Cams" no longer be exploitable by players to easily monitor a whole lot of locations at once ?

Thanks.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    This thread is being dragged off topic. Can we please leave the motivations of pvp players aside and get back on track?
    Apologies @Mariah; I think I might have started us down that road when I mentioned PvP  :)

Getting back on topic (and maybe clarifying what I was trying to say). I'd be very surprised if the Devs reverse course on making this container blessed or insurable and honestly I agree with them leaving it as is. With all the things we already currently have in place, as I mentioned before like insurance etc, there is almost zero risk of dying when in Tram. The one risk there currently is (and this is mainly just while in the dungeons) that a monster might loot your heal potions... and now there is a chest that protects them... and people want to make it so even that doesn't drop. So basically when you die in Tram (assuming chest is blessed), what exactly would be left on your corpse and being risked to lose? Keep in mind that players still have the ability to use an undertaker staff and self rez ability with sacrifice.

The chest in my opinion is just a step in the wrong direction period; but now that they said we will get it they can't take it back. The right thing to do in this instance is make it a huntsman challenge reward instead so it's not losing a vet pick in the event someone loses power or some emergency pops up and they end up dying and cannot get back to their body. 
    Zero risk of dying? I invite you to any LS EM event. Where not only you die but the mob pulls your ghost back into him over and over.  Players without staffs can't find their bodies in the mangled piles of humans and pets.
    Pawain said:
    Zero risk of dying? I invite you to any LS EM event. Where not only you die but the mob pulls your ghost back into him over and over.  Players without staffs can't find their bodies in the mangled piles of humans and pets.
    Sorry it should have read more like "zero risk FROM dying". Plenty of ways and times people will die in Tram but what I meant was that when you do die; if you can't make it back to your body then what are you really losing? Some potions & petals? I've had my corpse decay during the few events I've gone to as well... no loss for me except for maybe a bag of sending and a couple of loose runes.
  • "Improved server performance for several monster AIs"
    I was hoping that this meant they'd finally fix the stupidity of some pet AIs, such as Magery Mastery pets casting Bless and Arch Cure on their opponents, or trying to channel Death Ray at point blank range while being melee attacked, but nope. At worst, i was thinking it might've meant that mobs will react much faster to receiving damage after hitting a Mirror Image.
    Instead, it means that Tamers can't bring pets down to the underwater Shadowlord boss encounter anymore :/
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Can still take pets into UW, using auto pet log out combined with a help stuck bug”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited February 2022
    "Improved server performance for several monster AIs"
    I was hoping that this meant they'd finally fix the stupidity of some pet AIs, such as Magery Mastery pets casting Bless and Arch Cure on their opponents, or trying to channel Death Ray at point blank range while being melee attacked, but nope. At worst, i was thinking it might've meant that mobs will react much faster to receiving damage after hitting a Mirror Image.
    Instead, it means that Tamers can't bring pets down to the underwater Shadowlord boss encounter anymore :/

Talking about this, since it is not the only place where pets are not wanted (Castle Blackthorn comes to mind...), does anyone know the ratio about this adversity towads the Taming template ?

I mean, it is not like there is places where Warriors are forbidden to hold their Weapons or, with the exception of Towns and limited to some offensive Area spells, where Spellcasters are forbidden to cast, it is not like in UO, other then Tamers, there are such severe limitations to other templates possible behaviour.....

Why is it, that most always it is Tamers who are severely nerfed or limited in their gameplay ?

MoBs using area spells thus invalidating the ability of Tamers to use Veterinary on their pets, retargeting code always switching the attention of the MoB from the pet onto the Tamer, thus forcing the Tamer to always have to break aggro, special, Paragon MoBs revealing some 12+ tiles away and even across Walls and other obstacles which, combined to the retargeting code, make it quite severely difficult for Tamers to stay anywhere close to their pets in order to be able to heal them (something which has no effect or consequences on Warriors) Dungeons where the Crystal Ball of Pet Summoning does not work, and thus Tamer have to walk their pet in, with all of the associated negative consequences of this for pets which are not rideable and are continuously aggravated by MoBs as the Tamer proceeds down the Dungeon, and also Spawns where, flat out, pets are not allowed, not to mention, damage from pets having been halved....

And I am sure that I forgot to mention some other nerfs which, over the Years, Tamers have been subject to from Developers...

To my opinion, no such adversity has been directed to neither Warriors nor Spellcasters from Design...

So, WHY is that, Tamers are so much interested by nerfs, over and over ?

And, please, do not bring up because Tamers where "farming" Spawns because there is players doing this just the same, and with much better results, I think, using multiple Warriors (usually Sampires) being scripted to fight syncronously using Third Party applications....

Dear @Kyronix , would you be so kind to shed some light on "why" the Developers in UO, over the Years, have wanted to nerf so much Taming while Warriors and Spellcasters have not been given the same attention when it comes to nerfing their abilities in carrying out their ways of fighting ?

Thanks.