5 slot pet has AI Cap of 35 sometimes

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited March 2022 in Bugs
"both clients, when pet is not aggressing you (when owner has commanded it to stop and follow), roughly 40% of the Armor Ignore hits it receives can be subject to the 35 damage armor ignore cap that is supposed to only be present on single slot mounts."

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2022
    "This is happening more than 40% of time now with pets that are aggressing or guard too....
    weapon of choice, katana
    "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited January 2022
    " @Kyronix @Bleak ; please fix asap as everyone is playing tamer now in PvP because of this bug, means pet cannot die and also means that you can't hit life/mana leech as you don't deal any damage to pets"
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited January 2022
    So a pet that is just standing still and not attacking you is so tempting to kill that you ignore the owner and just have to kill that pet?  But it takes you longer to kill the non aggressive pet so you are angry.

Seriously have you ever been killed by someones pet?  And why.

Why is everyone playing a tamer with a non aggressive pet?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited January 2022
    “You do not read post number 2

fixing this bug should not affect you trammel player”
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    “You do not read post number 2

fixing this bug should not affect you trammel player”
    That's the trouble every pvp fix ever has impacted us...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    “Forum admin please remove troll comments that do not contribute any additional info”
    Expressing opinions about possible fixes and how they might impact pvm hardly trolling 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    BUT BUT BUT PvPers really do not care about PvMers unless they are killing them to steal the PSs.  @McDougle
    edited January 2022
    "So i can't kill people doing champs with my wildfire ostard? and they will be unable to defend themselves as they are currently invincible VS players with this bug, 
    combined with exploit that allows you to heal pet while riding..
    I will just turn my tamer red, be quicker than waiting for fixes i think"
    Yoshi said:
    "So i can't kill people doing champs with my wildfire ostard? and they will be unable to defend themselves as they are currently invincible VS players with this bug, 
    combined with exploit that allows you to heal pet while riding..
    I will just turn my tamer red, be quicker than waiting for fixes i think"
    Sounds like you've solved the problem good work!
    Honestly if pvp "fixes " didn't impact pvm i would never reply but on all shards except Siege it's gonna be an issue 
    edited February 2022
    "This is still live,
    very bad problem to have invincible pets in pvp

"almost ALL hits are now being capped at 35 damage on 5 slot pets.

please observe, 3 out of 3 in a row hitting 35 or less damage, (I should hit cap AI vs Pets, should be dealing 90-110)
    Game is now unplayable

"

"This seems to happen more often with a katana over a bladed staff, but can happen with both"
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    Yoshi said:
    "almost ALL hits are now being capped at 35 damage on 5 slot pets.

please observe, 3 out of 3 in a row hitting 35 or less damage, (I should hit cap AI vs Pets, should be dealing 90-110)
    Game is now unplayable

"

DO you have a reptile slayer cameo or a dragon slayer katana in the video ?
    edited March 2022
    “I carry one but not actually required for me as I hit AI damage cap on pets already with 100 damage increase and 100 tactics, 150 strength, see first image.

i am still experiencing the same effect on test centre today, 70%ish of the AI hits are going 35 damage or less, the remaining AI hits are like 145..

(pet AI cap is based on pets max HP)”
    In your video your damage range is 32-46 , and AI is 90 % of that damage. So I dont know what you are trying to show but it's normal if you do AI's of 28....
    edited March 2022
    “Pet damage AI works differently, I’ll post a new vid showing the two damages same special

i don't think i can be more clear"

Yea this is some inconsistant damage, was that a dragon slayer Katana?,  we need more details on the weapon used, also it could be the opposite saying that the normal damage should be 20-30s ish and not 140 damage. Which patch notes does it states that AI is hp based when attacking player pets ?
    Between this bug and the login "exploit " i wonder if yoshi just needs some training on killing players pets. I was amazed how long it took my local red to kill my Cu ... pvp suits so different than pvm
    edited March 2022
    "(Katana in the video is just plain with damage increase, no chaos damage or anything weird) interestingly, using a reptile slayer cameo (I always carry all cameos anyway) does seem to correct the issue, only seems to happen when using no slayer or any other slayer, also it very rarely happens with a bladed staff.
    although i have had it happen in the field using a reptile/dragon slayer but not often enough for me to report

Direct damage cap for pets is now based on Pet’s HP and can exceed 35
    that is publish 98

I am not sure exactly how it works, but i consistenly hit max damage with AI with bladed staff on pet, no slayer.

But some pets do not have a slayer.

Something is def wrong. "

How much hit points did the lesser hiryu had, 600 hp ish ?

edited March 2022
    I think I've just figured what's happening and why.
    So in your katana exemple, your damage range was 32-45, so after calculating the 90% dmg modifier from AI it goes down to 28-40.
    So if you hit lower than 35, it will use the normal damage calculation without the hp based formula.
    If you hit 35+ it will then apply the hp based formula which I suspect its 35 dmg : 150 hp ratio ( waiting on your answer @Yoshi on how much hit point your hiryu had )
    Which would explain why on your bladed staff with higher base dmg range 45-55, even after the 90% dmg modifier from AI, you always hit 35+ so always use the hp based dmg formula from publish 98.

It's still fascinating tho how a normal weapon without slayer can hit for so much, and I assume when it uses the hp based formula ( if you hit AI base of 35+ ) any slayer like dragon or reptile wouldn't increase the damage since it's a cap damage from the ratio 35 : 150 hp only

Have you tested if this hp based dmg cap also works for bows or is it only a melee thing, the cap for AI is different on bows its 30 on players, or maybe its also hp based just with a lower ratio of 30 : 150 .
    edited March 2022
    "the lesser hiryu has 1003 hp in this example.

no slayer does not increase the damage, that is why i was saying i already hit damage cap.

either way it is not working correctly, if hitting a pet, should always hit based on pet hp formula

your hypothesis of what is going wrong seems correct,

Same pet now hitting with archery, composite bow, damage AI cap is 125, due to the high base damage of comp bow I had to reduce tactics to 30, have damage increase 0, and reduce my strength to hit 30-38 before i could reproduce"
    edited March 2022
    Ok so it's a lower ratio than what I expected, 35 dmg : 250 hp almost...
    Either way I don't know if I'm a fan of having that increased damage formula coming from a AI normal weapon, I feel like you should be wearing a slayer to reach that high damage... just like a mage has to equip a dragon slayer spellbook. But I can see why they added that, for the pets that has no slayers...
    edited March 2022
    "i have no idea why there is such bonus for only Armor Ignore to be honest, (and no other special)
    I have a video of me trying to kill a 4!! slot (not even 5 slot) mare on a mage with 106!! spell damage increase (120 eval), each lightning was dealing 14-16 damage...

In the mean time rather than wait for a fix i will maybe use a hatchet to bring me over the bugged threshold until this is sorted, but it's not ideal because it's 2 handed and slower.

"

edited March 2022
    Yoshi said:
    "i have no idea why there is such bonus for only Armor Ignore to be honest, (and no other special)
    I have a video of me trying to kill a 4!! slot (not even 5 slot) mare on a mage with 106!! spell damage increase (120 eval), each lightning was dealing 14-16 damage...

In the mean time rather than wait for a fix i will maybe use a hatchet to bring me over the bugged threshold until this is sorted, but it's not ideal because it's 2 handed and slower.

"

It's a good question as why would they only apply that to Armor Ignore, and not all other direct damage abilities. It is greatly advantaging the melees/archers to the mages where you need to switch to a slayer book to pull these damage, but on a pet with no slayer vulnerabilities, you just can't
    14-16 lightnings seems very low considering the amount of spell damage you had, it's almost impossible as a mage/mystic to kill a 5 slot trained non-slayer pet
    For now yea if you equip a weapon make sure you have a minimum of 39dmg (or 40?not sure if it rounds up or down for that) , so you can pull the buffed up AIs all the time
    How does a lesser have 1003 hp?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Caps for animal training: Hit Point, Stamina & Mana: 3300
    Hit points cap out at 1100
    stamina at 150
    and mana at 1500
    edited March 2022
    “I think this formula for AI on pets is just broken.

if I deal 36 damage AI (and only AI) it is dealing max AI damage (depending on pets HP) 

The damage I deal for AI should be the same as if I was attacking a monster, like quickblade said, I should at least have to use a slayer to deal the high damage that I am dealing to pets. 

At the moment I am now swinging quite fast and dealing max AI damage to ALL pets with no slayer!

I think it’s overpowered

(I don’t see why also a damage cap would be based on the pets HP, this negates HP on a pet as being a good property even… especially since it’s costly to add HP.)

this pet AI thing is crazy”