Publish 112 Feedback Thread

KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
Feedback here!

Comments

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    for a vet reward, to many people are gonna lose that chest. i could see that being sold in the store for 100 sovs, or make it insurable for 100k gold, but no vet reward should be able to lost/stolen.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Norry said:
    for a vet reward, to many people are gonna lose that chest. i could see that being sold in the store for 100 sovs, or make it insurable for 100k gold, but no vet reward should be able to lost/stolen.
    it only holds 8 items
    it would be better if it was blessed
    then people could use it as a first aid kit
    (potions & petals)

I would like it better for a store item too
    but it is too late for that & they won't change their mind about that.
    nor about it being blessed
    (but what can that hurt, it is ONLY an 8 item count bag)
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    If it were blessed I might consider it but at 8 items and unblessed what use would it be.  Make it like the satchels for crafters with a weight reduction %50 and blessed.
    the only issue i see would be powerscrolls, but they could make it so it wouldn't accept them
    that being said, this is the feedback spot, so thats mine. 
    also 90 str requirement on the shield seems high, i think 40 would be more inline for it.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    edited January 2022
    The Vat:

Love the graphic. Great if you have a ton of kegs to store (Like I do)

What would make it better is if, once you have at least one Keg in it, if you click it, it would fill bottles in your backpack.

Also the fact that it only takes one type of keg is kind of a game changer...I have at least 9 different potions in kegs...meaning I would have to get 9 vats...:/ no good!

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited January 2022
    I do not get the point of the Hildebrandt Shield .

I mean, it has a pretty hefty limitation with being account Bound and the bonus it gives, 
    • 30 % chance to flame strike a mob on successful parry and a 5% chance to flame strike unsuccessful parry, does not proc against other players or pets.
    looks to me quite underwhelming...

Why would any player want to occupy one hand slot wearing it, when there is plenty other Shields out there way more usefull and with better properties ?

And this, as a 25 Years Veteran Reward ?

Seriously ?

A player who has had an account kept as active for 25 continuous Years, which is, at least to my opinion, a HELL of a customer's Loyalty, gets this  item as a thank you ?

I mean, Folks, we are talking of 25 long, continuous Years that a UO player has kept his/her Account always active and paying a subscription !!!

Or am I missing something here, and this is a hell of a great item ?

Can someone please enlighten me about what might be so special about this Veteran Reward which I might be overlooking ?

Thank you.
    As in regards to the Monster-Proof Chest Veteran Reward, what is the point of it being non-blessed ?

I sure welcome its ability to prevent monsters from looting the contents especially since I lamented the fact that Monsters would often loot stuff like Orange Petals, Trinsic petals as well as the Treasures of Events Artifacts which became an issue with the increased Decay rate of Monsters which often made it not possible for players to recover the looted items BEFORE the Monsters' corpses decayed, but why make these Chests not also blessed ?

At least, can they be insured ? To my knowledge, usually containers are not insurable, but perhaps being a special type of container, these Chests CAN be insured ?

Wouldn't it have been much easier to just make them blessed and be done with it ?
    edited January 2022
    As in regards to the Potion Vat Veteran Reward, is the point of it to function as a storage space saver ?

That is it can hold 10 potion Kegs but for how many items does it count ? One ?

In such a case, isn't it quite a downside to perhaps even make it useless, the fact that it can ONLY hold, to my understanding, FULL Potion kegs ?

This means, that a player using it sporadically, as soon as they empty 1 potion from a Keg contained in the Potion Vat, will NO LONGER be able to have that Keg now no longer being full, possible to stay in the Vat.

Bye Bye to the storage space conveniency.... and this, for only taking 1 potion off a keg stored in the Vat ?

I am afraid that, the limitation of only hosting FULL kegs, might make it quite useless.....

I also totally agree with @Larisa when she says :

Also the fact that it only takes one type of keg is kind of a game changer...I have at least 9 different potions in kegs...meaning I would have to get 9 vats...:/ no good!

Can this be changed to also NON full Kegs and, possibly, to hold MORE then only 10 kegs like for example 50 or more kegs but counting as 1 item and to be able to accept "assorted" types of kegs and not necessarily the same one type ?

I mean, seriously, who is going to spend a whole lot of Veteran Rewards picks in order to be able to store all types of Potion kegs ?

Thanks.
    Norry said:
    I totally agree.

It should be made blessed, and be done with it.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    Norry said:
    also 90 str requirement on the shield seems high, i think 40 would be more inline for it.
    “In line with what? Order and chaos shields have 95 strength requirement”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    And yet, hooks shields only need 20, this being a pvm shield, and locked behind 25 years of game time should be open to any character that meets the age requirement. so why not make it have no str requirements just like lanterns. Even if you dont parry, it still has a 5% chance to proc.
    As far as the vat, i would like to see it like the repair bench. Let us store us store more than 1 type of potion in it, and give us a gump to retrieve from. More utility, means more people will pick it. Even allowing 5 kegs of each type would be nice.
    edited January 2022
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • gargoyle shields cannot transformed into the Hildebrand shield.
  • TrismegistosTrismegistos Posts: 193
    edited January 2022
    If it were blessed I might consider it but at 8 items and unblessed what use would it be.  Make it like the satchels for crafters with a weight reduction %50 and blessed.

If the container is blessed, it would affect pvp.
    I cannot Imagine why I should Pick such a reward with small gump in cc. I would Pick the spellbook container instead as mage, the runebook container but not this chest. 

Whatever, thanks for having New stuff.
    edited January 2022
    “I think as a non blessed container, it is just asking for upset, it will eventually get lost, and with vet rewards worth so much gold, probably best to just not release it at all! I cringe when I loot valuable items from victims.

if the container was blessed then yes it would be disastrous for pvp if the items inside couldn’t be looted by players, there is a technical challenge here where the devs would need to somehow make the items not lootable by monsters but lootable by players..
    I think this sounds like too much work for a dev, should probably just pull this container. But thanks for trying”
  • The only vet reward non blessed in the game is that chest , correct me if im wrong. I can already see alot of players loosing the chest due to a connection lost , corpse expires, or at an event if not able to retrieve your corpse, or even a single death in fel and a player can loot YOUR vet reward ? doesnt make sense. That chest is a quality of life thing and it should be from huntmaster reward not a vet reward.
    edited January 2022
    "
    The reflect physical damage item property now properly reflects all physical damage received within a one tile range.

We have been conducting some PvP tests with this, we are quite pleased with the results, both shield bash and glenda bone breaker are reflecting physical damage as expected.

However when testing frenzied whilwind, the results were actually too good. In this demo my opponent has 150 hit points, i have 102 RPD. The damage reflected should be roughly the same as damage received but something strange is happening. "

• quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited January 2022
    Also some feedback on the 25 years old account bound shield, I tested it , nothing too powerful cool, too bad I'll never be able to use it my account is only 15 years old and let's be honest 10 years is far away, lol.

Account bound ? I can see why the devs want to reward the most veterans of the game , but is this shield the way to go ? They even need to spend real money on the transmog potion to make good use of it , and it's not like everyone plays parry mage, not sure if it's the ideal 25 years reward... or if account bound the way to go....
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited January 2022
    The container is confusing:
    • This non-blessed container will prevent monsters from looting the contents
    What is the advantage?
    Can monsters take the whole container from our corpse?
    If they can take the whole container, what is the use of "prevent looting the contents"?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • BeedleBeedle Posts: 10
    Good Morning,

I wanted to provide feedback and some of this is just reiterating what I have read others have said in this thread.  So cast my vote on some of these opinions. 

Reward Statues -  I love them! Thanks for continuing development on vet reward statues and their uniqueness being brought to our houses.  

The Map Charter - is a great addition to the housing tools, I love the look and feel of it.  

Autoloom - This is by far a super useful tool.  I'd love to see one of these for boards as well!

Potion Vat - The look is cool, but I feel like it should be more like the jewelry box where we can store and use all types of potion kegs, instead of limiting to 1 potion type.  

Monster-Proof Chest - I love this concept and what it is supposed to do.  However,I have never seen a vet reward that would be encouraged to carry with you, but also has the chance of being lost in the event you die and can't get back to your body. I can think of endless possibilities that can happen that have caused that for me in the past. I would recommend moving that to a store item so that if lost, we just go get another from the store.  With the limits to vet rewards, that is an expensive item to carry and possibly be lost. I beg of you to please consider this recommended change. Think of those of us who may lose power or internet while playing in a dungeon, or happen to recall to our felucca homes and will lose a precious item that these veteran rewards hold for us. 

Hildebrandt Shield - I love the 3D look, in the classic client backpack it looks like a crustacean. It would be cool if it would also give off light when equipped or locked down, showing the awesomeness of the reward. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my feedback.  I hope you found it useful and consider the reasons behind them.

Beedle the Bard
    I know this is off-topic but it is about a bug raised in the previous publish, for a 3rd year Vet reward that is not working intended:
    • Spellbook placed inside Spellbook Strap (3rd year reward)
    • Equip - spellbook goes to the hand.
    • Unequip - spellbook falls back into main back pack, not container.
    As this is a vet reward (12 months x 3 years $$$ sub), kindly fix this bug along with Pub 112. Thanks.
    edited January 2022
    Beedle said:

Potion Vat - The look is cool, but I feel like it should be more like the jewelry box where we can store and use all types of potion kegs, instead of limiting to 1 potion type.  

Hildebrandt Shield - I love the 3D look, in the classic client backpack it looks like a crustacean. It would be cool if it would also give off light when equipped or locked down, showing the awesomeness of the reward.

About the jewelry box, it would be nice if they can add the search function in this publish. It was a reward that feels like half-done without the search function.

Hildebrandt Shield
    • As special recognition for unprecedented support of Britannia, this account-bound shield is available for claim and use by accounts 25 years old or more.
    • 30 % chance to flame strike a mob on successful parry and a 5% chance to flame strike unsuccessful parry, does not proc against other players or pets.
    Feels like just a transmog target with 25 year recognition. Would be good if it has useful specs for account bound and 25 years.
    - Spell channeling
    - Luck? (too common)
    - Allow user to add + skill, or specs of their choices that cannot be imbued for a normal shielf. 

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Seth said:
    @ Kyronix
    I know this is off-topic but it is about a bug raised in the previous publish, for a 3rd year Vet reward that is not working intended:
    • Spellbook placed inside Spellbook Strap (3rd year reward)
    • Equip - spellbook goes to the hand.
    • Unequip - spellbook falls back into main back pack, not container.
    As this is a vet reward (12 months x 3 years $$$ sub), kindly fix this bug along with Pub 112. Thanks.
    I second this 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210

If the container is blessed, it would affect pvp.
    I cannot Imagine why I should Pick such a reward with small gump in cc. I would Pick the spellbook container instead as mage, the runebook container but not this chest. 

Whatever, thanks for having New stuff.
    Who cares.  You mean it could prevent you from stealing PSs from a PVM person that does all the work.  That is called PKing not PvP.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    For feedback on the chest, it’s clear you all are responding to the comments people were posting here about their needed consumables getting stolen by monsters during treasures events. As always, we appreciate when you all hear us and try and address those rough gameplay mechanics that are either introduced recently or become rough as the game changes. Scavenging monsters feels like one of those rough mechanics that may have made sense decades ago but seems at odds with how Trammel-based gameplay works now.

But as others have mentioned, the vet reward chest doesn’t quite work. The tiny chest art is -great- and addressing the issue people had is good, but this is going to cause a ton of problems. I think introducing such an item will unleash a flood of customer complaints on your poor GMs who likely don’t have the bandwidth to deal with every customer who lost a vet reward in the many, many ways a character could die and not get their corpse back. Vet reward picks are precious and this item runs the extreme risk of losing one in a silly, likely unavoidable fashion.

So how should you fix it? I could see three paths. Option 1, take it off the vet reward list and put it in the store for 100 sovs. You lose one, no big deal! Option 2, bless the container but make it a 0/1 storage item. Yes, this will change the dynamics of champ spawns and PVP. I think this could be minimized if you have some kind of mechanic that will only allow you to use a single chest at a time. Option 3, remove the monster scavenging code and remove the need for the item. This is the most dramatic move, by far, but it does make more world-building sense. How do monsters with no digits pick through our bags to remove our flower petals anyway?
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    edited January 2022
    I'd like to add my voice to those already who have said how worthless and potentially damaging it is to have the chest reward as an unblessed container. It could easily be adjusted to not accept cursed items thus keeping the pk'ers happy and still be functional to protect items which are intended. In it's current state it will not be long before these are lost to decay or other means.
    edited January 2022
    "i don't think they should take the time/effort to adjust it, just pull it, there is no loss to anyone

(they are too busy for such things)"
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited January 2022
    Put a Belt that is like the Band Aid Belt on the next spawn boss.  This new belt is blessed and only holds Orange Petals, Grapes of Wrath, Enchanted Apples, Fruit Basket, Petals of Trinsic and Fish Pies.

Next spawn after that make one that holds potions only.

Or just make everything blessed and be done with it. :D

Yoshi said:
    "i don't think they should take the time/effort to adjust it, just pull it, there is no loss to anyone

(they are too busy for such things)"
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.