HELP! Game Stopping glitch OR I WANT MY $500 back I JUST SPENT On GAME TIME CODES!

Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 312
edited January 2022 in General Discussions
Like I said game stopping glitch.  I logged into my account my thief was sitting on his beetle and right BEFORE MY EYES THE BEETLE VANISHED OUT FROM UNDER HIM!  I did not dismount or anything.  I have enough going in my life without having to deal with UO BS.  I just lost my dad two weeks ago, and before y'all call BS on me here's the link to his obituary: https://www.mmsfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/Kenneth-Donley/.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I removed the 'bickering' that was on this thread.
    I'm sorry your thief lost his beetle, Luc. But a beetle is quite easily replaced. I'm sure someone on the shard you play will tame one for you. I'm also sorry you are dealing with a RL loss, which is obviously far more important.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2022
    "(I am assuming his beetle was fully scrolled with all 120 powerscrolls, which aren't cheap, hence his upset, perhaps contained some items of value in pack too)

I'm not sure why my post got removed in the cull, it contained relevant info about the game mechanics

As stated earlier, i do not beleive he should've lost his beetle, i will investigate further"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    edited January 2022
    Yoshi said:
    "(I am assuming his beetle was fully scrolled with all 120 powerscrolls, which aren't cheap, hence his upset, perhaps contained some items of value in pack too)
    I’m not sure that’s a valid assumption, but possibly.  The character referenced was a thief as opposed to a tamer… could be both, but to me it seems odd to have taming on a thief and still call it your thief.  Possibly had items in the beetle though.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    @Mariah - is there a reason this thread isn't being locked? Seems like the OP is just rage posting because they don't tag any of the Dev team / they don't give details of the situation / they aren't really even asking a question. They are simply demanding the Dev team fix something that has no details associated with it (without even tagging them) and already challenging people by providing proof of their hardship (which is more proof then they gave on their UO issue). 

Seems like this person is just looking to lash out by demanding a refund and going on the defensive right out the gates. This should probably be an email directly to the Devs with the details of what happened (saying "I logged in and I didn't do anything" aren't enough details... where? what shard? what time? what happened before they logged out?) and should be locked before this turns into more bickering you will need to clean up.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "some more information would be helpful including:
    how many slots was the beetle
    were there items in it?
    how long had it been since he had previously logged in.
    Was the beetle bonded...
    where did this take place?
    "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 312
    edited January 2022
    Okay the beetle was not scrolled. It was bonded. It did have a pack full of stuff some stealables and other items.  I have had that same beetle since um..2003?  I know I got it after the beetles had come out and it was my second beetle cause the first one got killed before it bonded.  It used to be a three slot beetle and I took the quest so it'd be a one slot.  my thief was RIDING IT when it poofed.  The account in question is 20 years old anything else? it took place in my keep near Wrong dungeon in Trammel. 

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Many times I log in to find my characters dismounted when they were mounted when i logged off why would this be? Could this have happened here ? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    Just a question, the character that was riding the Beetle, was it from a subscribed account or was it a character from an EJ account ?

Because, EJ characters cannot log off while riding loaded Beetles, only if the Beetles have their pack as empty...

If an EJ character logs off while riding a loaded Beetle, they would get dismounted, the character logged off, but the Beetle remaining in the Game and, eventually, getting wild and all that....
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Quest to make it a 1 slot? I thought that was an exploit they fixed? Maybe it was and when you logged in it triggered a deletion?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    Interesting questions.
    Was it a paid account that turned into a EJ Account?
    Sounds like an exploited pet may have gotten kicked out of the game.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Marge said:
    Quest to make it a 1 slot? I thought that was an exploit they fixed? 
    That's what I was thinking.... never heard of a 1 slot "quest". 
  • Okay let me explain. Back when they introduced the new pet taming stuff at the same time Beetle were reduced from 3 slot to 1 slot pets.  However some really old ones like mine and some others I knew did not convert.  So what the GMs had us do is go take the taming quest which would cause the beetle to turn into a 1 slot.  No cheating or exploit.  Now if this wasn't legal its not my fault I took as such being from a GM. I hope that explains it.  Also I spoke to a GM just a little while ago and it is being escalated.  Hopefully I'll have an answer soon.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited January 2022
    Okay let me explain. Back when they introduced the new pet taming stuff at the same time Beetle were reduced from 3 slot to 1 slot pets.  However some really old ones like mine and some others I knew did not convert.  So what the GMs had us do is go take the taming quest which would cause the beetle to turn into a 1 slot.  No cheating or exploit.  Now if this wasn't legal its not my fault I took as such being from a GM. I hope that explains it.  Also I spoke to a GM just a little while ago and it is being escalated.  Hopefully I'll have an answer soon.
    Pets back then would turn to the correct slot automatically when you pressed the blue button.
    We were supposed to do the quest to help us learn the new system.  So, doing the quest told you to push the training button, which reset the pets slots.  The GM led you to the right direction.

Old pets whose button was never pushed do not reset to the correct slots anymore.

Also that quest does not work.  Mine is still telling me to get a pet to 100%.  I have done that 100s of times and returned to him with the pet more than once.

Luc did not have an exploited bug.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.