Hoovering Wisp Recipe

RinerRiner Posts: 355
edited January 2022 in General Discussions
Today doing treasure chests I found the recipe for Hoovering Wisp. For some reason it will not allow me to use the scroll. I have 100 Alchemy. I am a gargoyle but have no trouble doing quests in Heartwood. My magery is 105. The message I get is "you fail to comprehend this magic" Is this something which is limited to Elfs to create or am I missing something else? Further, I discovered I can not place it in my recipe book, I get the message this is not a recipe, but it is clearly marked as a recipe?

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Maybe try with a talisman?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    edited January 2022
    I believe they can be made without a recipe. They made a mistake and never fixed it to stop the recipe from dropping.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    ah maybe that's the answer as I haven't tried to make them yet - still need a few things - as for the talisman suggestion I did get a 30 normal \ 26 exceptional and no luck. So likely what Grace said. Thanks both of you!
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator

The Hovering Wisp no longer requires a recipe to craft, and recipes are no longer available as Heartwood Quest rewards.  This corrects an issue where multiple items had the same recipe ID and caused issues with the new recipe book.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    I was going to say - I have the recipe and it's the only one that doesn't fit into my recipe book (I thought maybe it was bugged). Makes sense now. They stopped the heartwood drop but forgot to stop the recipe from dropping in chests.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    The hoover wisp sucks
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    Another mystery solved - Thanks!
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    keven2002 said:
    I was going to say - I have the recipe and it's the only one that doesn't fit into my recipe book (I thought maybe it was bugged). Makes sense now. They stopped the heartwood drop but forgot to stop the recipe from dropping in chests.
    At least they stopped from allowing it to go into the book.
    When it first came out, you could add the recipe to the book
    but can't get it back out.