Opening gate at barrels

Hello since paging does not work how are people able to open gates at the barrels at idocs Someone who i got a screen shot of opened a gate and opened it right as the barrels opened so everyone ran into the gate and got sucked into it. where they where able to hit the barrels while the rest of us had to recall back in, 

I have a screen shot of the chat with this persons name on it

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited January 2022
    The player made a gate and the others ran into the gate?  

The gate took them somewhere else?

Those that did not go into the gate stayed at the IDOC?

Is that what you are saying?

After making so many gates recently for Artisan festival,  I feel the most incredible thing about this story is, players able to go into a gate without having to try 4 or 5 times. :)
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    edited January 2022
    He opend it and sometimes there no warning about going into it. He opend it right at the barrel we all hit. 

Before this update you could not open a gate at the barrels. More then half the people went in it lead to mage tower in shame 

This game has more cheaters then players they take the fun out of pvp all the pvp use  scripts and 3rd party clients. Toke out idoc with scripts that was fixed now they take the fun out of idoc with this new cheat of theres. 
    Ok.  You are correct, you should not be able to open a gate close to the IDOC.

Make a Bug post about that part.

Pretty neat trick.  hehe
    Pawain said:
    Ok.  You are correct, you should not be able to open a gate close to the IDOC.

Make a Bug post about that part.

Pretty neat trick.  hehe
    Not a trick a exploit.  At this point there no reason left to play because of all the cheating and exploiting being done driving honest players out. 
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 882
    edited January 2022
    I used to love idocs. Way before the cheating. Now they are a joke. Vet rewards gone. Resources gone. So now the sellers win inflating prices on the doc vet rewards they script hoovered up before. 80m for a ethy horse now. What a joke.  Let’s face it, all Dev attempts to solve cheating at idocs ruined them for genuine players and the cheats STILL win.  
    Danpal, just do as so many did. Just abandon them and enjoy other aspects of the game.  Idocs are a waste of time now 

As for placing now, that’s sewn up on ATL too and the greedy Atlantic realtors charge 6/800m for a crappy blocked 18x18.  Dev’s need to sort this out aswell. There is no way the same old players that place are that lucky. You cannot drop in a castle, 18x18 or keep first time without help. There is no way
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2022
    “If the gate is to a guard zoned location in trammel rule set, you would not receive a warning gump. If you’re in fel you can dispel a gate with dispel field, in trammel (and fel) you can drag an object to walk through it without entering.

you walked through a gate and it teleported you,
    this is not a bug”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “If the gate is to a guard zoned location in trammel rule set, you would not receive a warning gump. If you’re in fel you can dispel a gate with dispel field, in trammel (and fel) you can drag an object to walk through it without entering.

you walked through a gate and it teleported you,
    this is not a bug”
    Its a exploit by casting a gate spell where you should not be able to cast a spell at. They blocked area around idoc to stop the cheating and level the playing field.

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Danpal said:
    Before this update you could not open a gate at the barrels. More then half the people went in it lead to mage tower in shame 

It happened many times before this update. I agree, it's a douche move. I try to get in the spot at least 2 minutes before the fall to avoid the gates. It's gotten me a few times.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Saw this at the idoc yesterday.  Gate went up right at the point were the barrel was being broken. When the white gate went down a Feducca red gate went up.  With all the players and the gate in the same area you cannot see the opening once it opens.  Know that allowing some players to take advantage of others is part of this game’s culture but don’t think this should be allowed if it was not before.  Now that this ability to cast gates at idoc barrels is known would expect to see lots of them going up about when it is time for the barrel to break.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    In the mean time players should start creating multiple openings in the barrel fence instead of trying to funnel in through that one opening at the South West corner.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Not sure they can.  Seems to be a timer related thing.  Don’t do many idoc’s so can’t say for sure.  But opening is always in the same place and I can’t damage the other barrels.
    Arnold7 said:
    Not sure they can.  Seems to be a timer related thing.  Don’t do many idoc’s so can’t say for sure.  But opening is always in the same place and I can’t damage the other barrels.
    Let's not spread falsehoods as truth. You can damage any barrel around the perimeter. It's just players go to the third barrel so it breaks very fast.

It would take you a minute or more to break one solo. So you go ahead and do that. The IDOC would be complete before you enter.

I use the barrels for wrestling and stamina or strength gains on new toons after it is over. They stay a long time after it ends.
    at the issue by the time you have a barrel at 75 percent the idoc will be done.  the best thing to do would be to have you be able to walk throw the barrels once it became brown.  But if they change anything just delete it all that way the people who play far at them and get nothing would be the same as the ones that cheated the old system and cheat the new system. 

It takes longer to page on the people then it does clearing a idoc and by the time you get to click on the guy who did it he is gone and char cant not be found. 

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “This sounds like a trammel only problem, in fel we normally try to kill all blues first and take full control of idoc. 

I must confess I don’t attend trammel idocs, not really understanding the appeal. Wouldn’t it be really easy for someone to just make a dozen bots to hit the barrels and take the loot?

Perhaps limit yourself to fel idocs”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    If half of the people at the South West corner were to move to the South East corner and hit a  barrel there two openings would be created.  I know with 3 characters hitting the same barrel I can get through the fence almost as fast as those hitting the barrel in the South West corner.
    Anyone going to write a Bug Report on this?  You should not be able to cast a gate so close to the barrels.  I'll be in Hawaii for a week so it will not affect me.  But, keep me posted for entertainment.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Yoshi said:
    “This sounds like a trammel only problem, in fel we normally try to kill all blues first and take full control of idoc. 

I must confess I don’t attend trammel idocs, not really understanding the appeal. Wouldn’t it be really easy for someone to just make a dozen bots to hit the barrels and take the loot?

Perhaps limit yourself to fel idocs”
    A few days ago I placed a tower in ATL Fel while Yoshi & other similar psychopats were carousing in one ot their psychotic killing spree all around me.

I'm still laughing my axe off... :D

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
     :D 
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
     :D 

;)
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    edited January 2022
    This explains the rant about circle of transparency 
    And him being the last honest pvper  ;)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...