Suggestion: catch all box in houses

I recently lost my wooden box with archer equipment. I was stacking similar boxes and might have mistakenly used it to stack. However, I found out during the process (mere minutes) and yet I couldn't find this box anywhere. It just went poof. 

My suggestion: After 5 minutes automatically lock down anything in a house that is put there. This can be an option you can turn off, but let it be on by default. Have a "catch all container" in the house menu that shows all these objects, similar to how you can access the moving crate in the menu.

It's really ridiculous that sort of thing can happen and isn't accounted for, given how extensive UO's housing is. So please, implement this feature.
A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.

Comments

• RockRock Posts: 567
    Check the house's packing crate.  Sometimes stuff that disappeared end up in there.  If it is, perhaps the packing crate is already the "catch all box" you are suggesting.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    Somebody's suggested there, and it wasn't there. It's also not designed in the manner I describe in my post as far as I know.. I think this needs to be developed. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I drop crap on the floor that I don't want. Please don't auto lock down.  Also my house has 1 storage slot open  What if I drop 20 things on the floor?

Your box is probably hidden under something in another box that you accidentally dropped it in while you were stacking.  That happens to me often.  Its always in the last container you open.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    How about items in house and not locked down (in danger of vanishing) coloured orange as with crafted stone flooring?

I would also like the house menu to include number of items not secured. l've stoped decorating because I'm tired of losing things.

PS
    Yes it's always in the last place you look. Are you stupid enough to keep looking after you find it? >:)   
    edited May 2018
    Pawain said:
    I drop crap on the floor that I don't want. Please don't auto lock down.  Also my house has 1 storage slot open  What if I drop 20 things on the floor?

Your box is probably hidden under something in another box that you accidentally dropped it in while you were stacking.  That happens to me often.  Its always in the last container you open.
    I've tried looking.. A friend said it might have gone under a floor tile (I have colored floor tiles).. in that case.. long gone. As for storage slots....some margin could be added for this feature.. temp overflow storage slots.. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I dropped a full carpentry BOD book on the floor to drag to a Vendor.  It went under the house after a few drag and drops.

Bad idea to completely fill a BOD book.  But most of the Carpentry BODS do not work so I did not care.  And the rewards for those are lame.

Luckily I have eventually found everything I thought I lost in another container or the moving crate.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MeggieMeggie Posts: 20
    edited May 2018
    Messing around in the house, putting things on the floor, thinking anxiously that you've lost something that you will find a few hours later (lol) are among the best things in UO. Just like real life 
    I hope the devs won't change anything and everything that is not necessary
    Er...
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    Tim said:
    How about items in house and not locked down (in danger of vanishing) coloured orange as with crafted stone flooring?

I would also like the house menu to include number of items not secured. l've stoped decorating because I'm tired of losing things.

PS
    Yes it's always in the last place you look. Are you stupid enough to keep looking after you find it? >:)   

Excellent idea, agree totally!!
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    It would be nice if  CTRL+SHIFT didnt show every item or at least be configurable to not show whats locked down and such.   Right clicking every item is a PITA especially when it also moves you around cause of the delay between clicks...
  • HonkwompHonkwomp Posts: 44
    edited May 2018
    I think having items in a house never decay is a great idea.  "I drop crap on the floor I don't want"  So does my 3 year old grandson.  We have this miracle phrase "I wish to place a trash barrel" and poof a place to put things you don't want..

Star Wars Galaxies had a find lost items in a house tool  Maybe they could do a variation here, a box you could trigger that would gather all items not locked down is a good idea

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

They should make the clean up reward points account bound instead of character bound. Right now I use a secured backpack as a trash bag that all my characters put their unwanted junk in and then I used a specific character to dump the backpack into the trash barrel.  It would be easier if all my characters could just dump their own "trash" into the trash barrel and the reward points go the account.

@TimSt Yep, that too. Makes no sense to be char bound.
  • AQHFAQHF Posts: 47
    Syncros said:
    It would be nice if  CTRL+SHIFT didnt show every item or at least be configurable to not show whats locked down and such.   Right clicking every item is a PITA especially when it also moves you around cause of the delay between clicks...
    EH has an object handle filter. Type in what you want, and when you hit CTRL+SHIFT only the handles of the filtered objects will show. Very handy for finding things accidently dropped on to cluttered floors, among other uses.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    AQHF said:
    Syncros said:
    EH has an object handle filter. Type in what you want, and when you hit CTRL+SHIFT only the handles of the filtered objects will show. Very handy for finding things accidently dropped on to cluttered floors, among other uses.
    Yes it's a very handy feature being able to add custom filters and such. I'm sure all the classic client players will be begging for this soon.