Splintering when disarmed

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
“Splintering will not proc when using the disarm special,
however users of non official client are able to simply disarm target then catch up to target and perform splintering attack as their client moves faster.

request for immunity to splinter while under the disarmed debuff effect”
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I'm sure since you've reported the offender it's np longer an issue 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited December 2021
    “not a bannable offence,
    also I would not want anyone banned or I would have nobody to fight.
    if you go on YouTube and search tags
    UO Atlantic pvp (filter to most recent)
    You will see all main guilds openly using non official client on prodo, some fights with 30+ people all on non official client.
    I am only person in my guild on official client.
    Please keep posts relevant to disarm/splinter and not client thank you”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “Splintering will not proc when using the disarm special,
    however users of non official client are able to simply disarm target then catch up to target and perform splintering attack as their client moves faster.

request for immunity to splinter while under the disarmed debuff effect”
    In your initial post YOU spoke of illegal programs something you seem to have to a lot of knowledge on hu admitting you don't page you are in fact as guilty as them
    edited December 2021
    “Page on them for what exactly? Using a non official client?
    if you do not patch your client, server doesn’t allow you to log in.
    They’re actively allowing people to log in on this client.

Many times people in my guild on non official client call a GM for various problems and GM shows up to help with problem and doesn’t care they’re using non official client.
    During the Demon forces event they were banning people for afk farming but they allowed you to farm on unofficial client so long as you’re not afk.

I use official client but not sure how much longer, I think they stop supporting it soon (if they haven’t already) as each publish they give smaller and smaller list of bug fixes, no matter how many bugs are reported”
    Yoshi said:
    “Page on them for what exactly? Using a non official client?
    if you do not patch your client, server doesn’t allow you to log in.
    They’re actively allowing people to log in on this client.

Many times people in my guild on non official client call a GM for various problems and GM shows up to help with problem and doesn’t care they’re using non official client.
    During the Demon forces event they were banning people for afk farming but they allowed you to farm on unofficial client so long as you’re not afk.

I use official client but not sure how much longer, I think they stop supporting it soon (if they haven’t already) as each publish they give smaller and smaller list of bug fixes, no matter how many bugs are reported”
    Cheating is cheating you not reporting makes it worse...and the fact that you admit it all gives you zero credibility 
  • sibblesibble Posts: 112
    edited December 2021
    I suggest if you have a problem with CC performance maybe you should upgrade to the EC client.  Proposing combat changes because your PC or choice of client don't perform well isn't a good enough excuse when you have the option to choose a better performing, legal client.

The literal same thing would happen if your enemy was in EC because nobody in any 3rd-party client is faster than EC.
    edited December 2021
    “It’s easier than requesting to make CC speed same as EC/ non official client. 

Also, if you are fighting more than one person and they both hit you at the same time, you also get splintered and disarmed. What’s the point in making splinter not proc on disarm if there are cheats to get around it? 
    The patch notes did not read,
    Splintering no longer procs on disarm but only for CC, on EC and non official client you can disarm then splinter someone on CC…

the patch notes did not read that.

other temporary immunities do not work this way, if you’re slept by one player, another player cannot immediately sleep you after, same with mortal etc.

also, the requested change would not affect those on EC/non official client, as they are not being hit on the move by other players who move faster than them. 

It is only legitimate CC users this affects.

I am not asking for you to stop using your illegal client but you are asking me to use a different legal client.
    okay that sounds fair…”
    Yoshi said:
    “It’s easier than requesting to make CC speed same as EC/ non official client. 

Also, if you are fighting more than one person and they both hit you at the same time, you also get splintered and disarmed. What’s the point in making splinter not proc on disarm if there are cheats to get around it? 
    The patch notes did not read,
    Splintering no longer procs on disarm but only for CC, on EC and non official client you can disarm then splinter someone on CC…

the patch notes did not read that.

other temporary immunities do not work this way, if you’re slept by one player, another player cannot immediately sleep you after, same with mortal etc.

also, the requested change would not affect those on EC/non official client, as they are not being hit on the move by other players who move faster than them. 

It is only legitimate CC users this affects.

I am not asking for you to stop using your illegal client but you are asking me to use a different legal client.
    okay that sounds fair…”
    Report them report them all screenshots of your reporting might earn you some credibility..
    edited December 2021
    Yoshi said:
    A splinter proc on disarm was deemed to be too over-powered, so the nerf they did was that if a person was going to disarm you that they couldn't ALSO splinter from the same hit.  Now you're talking about 1v2 situations which are completely different.  If you're in a 1v2 situation than you should justifiably be at a disadvantage.  This isn't a cheat, you're out-numbered fighting multiple people.

The reason they made this change - If you were in a 1v1 situation and you disarmed someone with a splintering proc, there is almost no chance that your enemy would live through that, especially if you were using the right template.  However much I enjoyed this time, it was a lopsided situation and had to be addressed.  The change they implemented did fix this.

The change was not "give splinter immunity to anyone disarmed".  That would seem unreasonable in my opinion.

Your entire point is you don't want to be splintered while your disarmed but all you've done to backup this point is point out debatable scenarios that dont justify this change.
    "why they are making unofficial client and EC faster than official client? they should be same speed then please "
    Yoshi said:
    "why they are making unofficial client and EC faster than official client? they should be same speed then please "
    First off EC is an official client, I think you meant to say "why is EC faster than CC" - as they are both official clients.

I understand your point.

Years ago, during a meet and greet, someone asked Mesanna what percentage population plays EC vs. CC.  I believe she said it was 50/50 split.

EC gives what part of the population wanted - some advancement in the game client with modding capabilities.  Pinco even released an EC art editor - technically you could make EC look like CC.

I understand wanting nostalgia and the CC client provides that but ultimately if you want performance I highly suggest moving to EC.

I guess my point is you have a choice between 2 official clients, one is for performance the other for nostalgia.  If they could make CC as fast as EC I'm sure they would.