No Holiday Gifts this year?

usually we get gifts around this time, ive gotten nothing so far.  some rare colored boxes and some sort of gift is always nice around the holidays.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Clickys in vesper i think call out in general chat 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    look at UO.com home page 
    I could point out that a newsletter would have contained all this information  ..
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited December 2021
    Newsletter needs a player to go to uo.com and become subscribed. This is not a good way to disseminate important information as not everyone is subscribed.  The newsletter should be used to help those who may not log on daily or even weekly keep up with the information already available on UO.com

There is this handy thing, when you load UO using the official clients where you will get the updated news from UO.com, including that of the Holiday gifts:

The Classic Client:

The Enhanced Client:

Of course if you are using an unapproved client you probably won't see those messages.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I don't see them because I click past that screen immediately.  

We should get monthly newsletters again.  They missed July, Aug , Oct , November.

https://us9.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=17d7bd79de495239fca33bcf5&id=3b563e3983

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited December 2021
    Violet said:
    Newsletter needs a player to go to uo.com and become subscribed. This is not a good way to disseminate important information as not everyone is subscribed.  The newsletter should be used to help those who may not log on daily or even weekly keep up with the information already available on UO.com

There is this handy thing, when you load UO using the official clients where you will get the updated news from UO.com, including that of the Holiday gifts:

The Classic Client:

The Enhanced Client:

Of course if you are using an unapproved client you probably won't see those messages.
    See i totally agree you should have to check a yes I've read this before going further....
    Of course maybe update it high seas came out what 10 years ago it's almost embarrassing...
    Anyone who subscribes should automatically get newsletter unless they opt out ...
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Don’t spend much time looking at this since it does not change that often.  Anyway, who are the busy bees and who is the colored canvas?  Last one seems an odd name for a neck.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

someone shared this on Discord
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Thanks would have never looked in that area.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    McDougle said:
    Violet said:

The Classic Client:

The Enhanced Client:

See i totally agree you should have to check a yes I've read this before going further....
    Of course maybe update it high seas came out what 10 years ago it's almost embarrassing...
    Anyone who subscribes should automatically get newsletter unless they opt out ...
    You did by hitting play. 
    We all just hit play who reads something with years old ads on it .... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited December 2021
    I always enjoy reading the newsletter for some reason, maybe because of the forecast and spoiler from the producer. They rarely respond to our questions here so besides the M&G and some replies to FAQ in the newsletter. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Anther grind fest 
    what happened to logging in getting a gift after Paying for years ? 
    Most have to do with dropping numbers of subs / amount of game play records or something 

I guess at this point we should be thankful we get gifts WITH no holiday boxes 

last year was sad we all are still here WTF 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Skett said:
    Anther grind fest 
    Most have to do with dropping numbers of subs / amount of game play records or something 

It’s not a grind. You go to 2 locations near vesper bank and click 2 different things. 
    dvvid said:
    Skett said:
    Anther grind fest 

It’s not a grind. You go to 2 locations near vesper bank and click 2 different things. 
    But they had to walk both ways up hill in the vesper snow 
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    McDougle said:
    dvvid said:
    Skett said:
    Anther grind fest 

But they had to walk both ways up hill in the vesper snow 
    FALSE! Vesper is located in a balmy, moderate zone: it NEVER snows there. More Venice than Amsterdam, to be clear... :D
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Skett said:
    Anther grind fest 

What?? lol

Is it really a grind to go click 2 clickies? There is just no pleasing some people I guess.

What's next? If they were to spawn in our backpacks would someone else complain they don't want to log in with every character to get them because that too is a grind fest?? 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited December 2021
    Skett said:
    Anther grind fest 

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo