Something is not right with these "Treasures of...2 Events...

What is it ?

That I look forward to them ending....

Which it should not be, IMHO.

I feel, that they are too much "grinding focused" and, therefore, while on one side I would like to keep farming for drops and, therefore, Rewards, the non-stop grinding that they are, really wears me out and I end up looking forward to them ending....

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Don't participate next problem please 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    The thing about UO is nothing is compulsory. If you don't enjoy them, don't do them, or do them with other activities in between, like an hour in the dungeon and an hour doing something else. I did that, and when I'd gotten enough drops for the items I wanted, I didn't go back in at all. Just because the event was still running didn't mean I had to continue doing it. 
    It is entirely in your hands. You say they are 'grinding focused'.  What other way would you suggest? You must earn the rewards somehow, unless you simply buy them off of players who enjoy the 'grinding' you hate so much.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I do find that toward the end of these types of events, the grindy aspect is most noticeable. The same ol dying to the same ol paragons etc can almost feel boring. But, oh well. It’s a temporary event. Enjoy it while you can. If you don’t, then do something else. There’s plenty of other options.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    popps said:
    What is it ?

I feel, that they are too much "grinding focused" and, therefore, while on one side I would like to keep farming for drops and, therefore, Rewards, the non-stop grinding that they are, really wears me out and I end up looking forward to them ending....

The "Treasures of" event is an improved hybrid of  "Treasures of" Tokuno and the classic Blackthorn point system, and they are quite popular and many players asked for it.

If you are worn out it means you are enjoying the grinding and doing a lot of it. :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    edited December 2021
    what a pathetic post. Popps bore off, you don't have to play,  STOP BEING A BORING TROLL

Who FORCED you to participate????

No one cares about your dumb opinion
     @popps To contribute something more positive I'd suggest mixing it up use your swinger with a potion for an hour then change to your tamer (try using different pets) dust off that Bard or other character you started but never finished the possibilites are really endless UNLESS  you make it a race for as many drops as possible...
  • when you have over 25 belts and a full set of heads and rare heads its time to do something else. 
    I achieved this within 2 weeks of event and have not gone back unless helping others

How many belts have you attained  Popps?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    dvvid said:
    I do find that toward the end of these types of events, the grindy aspect is most noticeable. The same ol dying to the same ol paragons etc can almost feel boring. But, oh well. It’s a temporary event. Enjoy it while you can. If you don’t, then do something else. There’s plenty of other options.
    While it sure is a temporary Event, it does look like, at least to me, a "copy cat" from one Eventto the other... the Dungeon and the MoBs might change but, the actual gameplay seems to be pretty much the same, Regardless that the Event might be another one....
    when you have over 25 belts and a full set of heads and rare heads its time to do something else. 
    I achieved this within 2 weeks of event and have not gone back unless helping others

Just 10, had to stop, because in between the Masks, the belts and what not, I have nowhere to store all of this "new" stuff....

And I am fed up of having to make EJ accounts to store stuff...

So I give up, and just do not play.... what is the point of playing if I have no room to store all of the new items ?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    popps said:
    dvvid said:
    While it sure is a temporary Event, it does look like, at least to me, a "copy cat" from one Eventto the other... the Dungeon and the MoBs might change but, the actual gameplay seems to be pretty much the same, Regardless that the Event might be another one....
    At least it only took 4 of them for you to notice that.

What else do toons that kill mobs do?

I miss the way we had to prepare for the events.  Like making infused weapons and pet food for Khaldun. Soulbinder bottles. Making the pyramid thing that gave us Titan slayer.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited December 2021
    @popps you are the one who complained about the events being too short. 
    They extended them a month. Now you complain they are too long.

Maybe 1 month was enough after all.
    Pawain said:
    @ popps you are the one who complained about the events being too short. 

No, 2 months is good for those players with less time to play... so they have enough time to get the Rewards which they need....

The issue I have, is that the gameplay is repetitive.... it gets old.... I would like a Design that was more varied and not the same grind, over and over and over....
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

No, 2 months is good for those players with less time to play... so they have enough time to get the Rewards which they need....

The issue I have, is that the gameplay is repetitive.... it gets old.... I would like a Design that was more varied and not the same grind, over and over and over....
    Explain in more detail if you have a better idea.

Our warriors kill stuff. our crafters craft, our rogues  rogue. Etc.

Basic is better IMO. But I can handle going thru hoops to get to the killing.

Remember the devs worked on these dynamic events for a year to make them work seamlessly.
    edited December 2021
    popps said:

At the cost of making you bored. 

Go do Krampus.  But it is also the same at the end. Killing stuff.
    Roof same
    Doom same
    Champ spawn same
    But all will earn you money to buy drops or event items 
  • popps said:
    when you have over 25 belts and a full set of heads and rare heads its time to do something else. 

Just 10, had to stop, because in between the Masks, the belts and what not, I have nowhere to store all of this "new" stuff....

So I give up, and just do not play.... what is the point of playing if I have no room to store all of the new items ?
    so whats the point of your stupid post then?  you got 10 belts and you were done.

So you are basically just post counting then for no reason?

I assume you have a max storage house with 60% increase so before the next event have a clear out, you obviously have to much shit stored in the house. 18x18, keep or castle? if you have a castle you telling me you have 6500 items that you just cant live without?  2 accts?

your argument makes no sense whatsoever.
  • Not to mention all the other stuff to do in game if you are feb with up the events. When was the last time you went fishing? did the fishmonger quests, t hunting, champs, Cora, underwater, despise, there is so much to do apart form the dynamic events.

so just sort out your personal admin, gamete, accts, play style etc and stop moaning, no one cares

sort your tamer out

make a Sampires, and if you have, make a decent one, they can always improve
    popps said:

so whats the point of your stupid post then?  you got 10 belts and you were done.

So you are basically just post counting then for no reason?

I assume you have a max storage house with 60% increase so before the next event have a clear out, you obviously have to much shit stored in the house. 18x18, keep or castle? if you have a castle you telling me you have 6500 items that you just cant live without?  2 accts?

your argument makes no sense whatsoever.
    I was not talking about the Champ spawn but, rather, about the Hythloth spawn....
    edited December 2021
    Not to mention all the other stuff to do in game if you are feb with up the events. When was the last time you went fishing? did the fishmonger quests, t hunting, champs, Cora, underwater, despise, there is so much to do apart form the dynamic events.

so just sort out your personal admin, gamete, accts, play style etc and stop moaning, no one cares

sort your tamer out

make a Sampires, and if you have, make a decent one, they can always improve
    The problem I have with Limited time Events, is precisely that.... that they are limited time Events...

I feel, that if I do not invest 100% of my in-game time into them, I am losing out because eventually they will be over, and I won't be able to get back to them to collect the items I might want/need....

The persistent content, instead, I can always do it....

Yet, because of that, by doing the limited time Event content over and over and over, otherwise I feel I may "miss out" if I do not invest 100% of my time into them, they get old, they wear out....

Perhaps, if one had a "guarantee" that the limited time Events Rewards WILL come back, in future Events, and not YEARS down the road, but pretty soon....., one would feel less "obligated" to have to spend most, if not all of their in-game time in these limited time events, because, really, they will not miss out anything, even if they only play them part of their in-game time, and do other game content on a side to experience a more varied and thus less boring gameplay....
    edited December 2021
    You will soon find that the Dynamic Champ spawns and quests also are basically the same....

They did change the spawns so we are finished with them in a week.  Less if you don't want 68 belts.
    If you think this is boring and repetitive do the fish monger quest  :p
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Think the real benefit from these events is that players work together to kill things.  Newer players like myself get to know other players this way.  The two months also allowed me time to get the rewards I wanted.  Yes, it gets a little grindy and repetitive but defeating spawns is a big part of this games culture.  Don’t see that changing. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    @popps should play sim city  :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    edited December 2021
    popps said:
    What is it ?

Just do it like @Yoshi does, AFK.  Problem solved.  https://forum.uo.com/discussion/9798/5-slot-triton-went-poof-post-publish-111#latest  And you can brag about it and nothing will be done.
    The players on LS beg to differ.  30 mins to go and we still having fun.  THANKS @Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    dvvid said:
    At least it only took 4 of them for you to notice that.

What else do toons that kill mobs do?

I miss the way we had to prepare for the events.  Like making infused weapons and pet food for Khaldun. Soulbinder bottles. Making the pyramid thing that gave us Titan slayer.
    It would be great to see a version of these events with the Khaldun event setup, where you have to craft special weapons for the creatures you encounter. I found that event to be really creative and it got crafters involved in the process, which led to variations in the weaponry used in the dungeon. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited December 2021
    “The caddellite khaldun event was great, with the crafting element. They could’ve even expanded on it and made only caddellite infused armor work (I say work, the resists be effective against khaldun mobs).

I agree with Frodo also, would be better if they didn’t encourage so much afk play by making drops insurable, I personally would rather actively play the game”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “The caddellite khaldun event was great, with the crafting element. They could’ve even expanded on it and made only caddellite infused armor work (I say work, the resists be effective against khaldun mobs).

I agree with Frodo also, would be better if they didn’t encourage so much afk play by making drops insurable, I personally would rather actively play the game”
    Making drops not insurable would be a great mistake and would not solve the AFK issue at all anyways, just like randomized resources did not fix AFK scripted mining but killed legit players wanting to mine....

Players who play AFK, are not using their time to be at the keyboard so, they could not care less if drops were made not insurable... they loose a few ? Who cares, they will make more farming 24/7 thhroughout the entire duration of the Event....

Yet, making drops not insurable would definitely hurt legit players who actually invest their own time at the keyboard and for whom, losing a few drops means having wasted their time in the game....

So, no thanks.

Making drops not insurable and, thus possible to be lost, while doing nothing to players farming them AFK, would greatly hurt the gameplay and enjoyment of legit players making them risk wasting their in game time all for nothing.

Just like it was done when resources were randomized.... the AFK scripters were not hurt, being able to gather them AFK 24/7, 365 days a Year anyways, but the legit players were totally screwed...

If AFK farming wants to be addressed, it is necessary, to my opinion, to address the very "tools" which these players use to script AFK, the illegal Third Party Programs that they use.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Another popps post that has no point but to troll and instigate people.... IBTL
  • popps said:
    Pawain said:

Speaking of repetitive and old . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

This discussion has been closed.