• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:
    One possible trend is to have 
    Shard bound with no durability limits
    Non-shard bound, but brittle

This seems like the case for some items. 
    You see, the point is that keeping the Events Drops SB even AFTER an Event (as so the "Trade Drops for Rewards" window) closes don't have ANY sense beside the ones to p*ss off "small" Event Armor Sets collectors and driving up as crazy inflation even in the Low Pop Shard... :|

Actually, I didn't play much of wildfire and now they are so expensive everywhere. One guy sell the ostard at 450m on my shard, just one. 

Exactly.

And the Ostard is a Reward, so it could have some far far away mininal & distorted sense, but I dare @ Kyronix & Co. to explain WHY, STILL NOW AFTER THESE EVENTS are LONG FINISHED, I can't move my Wildfire, of Ice & of the Three Armor Sets Drop (items that, as now, have a 99% PURELY DECO function) from, e.g., ATL to my Home Shard (where, as in every Low Pop Shard, of them there is NONE to be bought, as instead there is still a dribble of the pieces from the non SB Events as Cult, Enchanted Origin, Fellows & even Doom), or why I can't even to ever hope to procure the missing pieces to complete my collection sets somewhere else???

BUT they left the EXPLOIT-OBTAINED Wildfire Cloth Legit, se the few "lucky" that "casually" discoverd the EXPLOIT are lining their pocket (current prices for 10 (TEN) pieces of WF Cloth is around ***1 PLAT***)!

@ Mariah & Co., palse note that my rant is germane to the Thread Topic & Title (Fall Dynamic Events Discussion)...

Cheers
    Ivenor
    Why is your stuff on Atlantic if it's not your home shard shouldn't you have been playing there getting it?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited December 2021
    keven2002 said:
    What are you talking about? I couldn't get any valid argument out of your post aside from UO is a sandbox game.Nobody is telling you to pay to play and nobody said anything about paying a fee so what are you talking about? 

My post was very simple. If you want to have these Treasure of items on your home shard then play your home shard for the event and stop doing it on ATL shard (OR move to ATL and make it your home). 

You seem to be eluding to the Devs changing the rules on you but the treasure of items have always been shard bound and YOU are requesting they change that rule so you are seemingly conflicting your own request with your last post.

Wath is not clear yet?

I don't want any darn TESAURE, (i.e. the REWARDS of the Events, like the fragging lousy Ostards or whatever)! You can make Sub-Severs Bound for what I care...

I want that the DROPS of the Events (i.e. the ARMOR PIECES that one use to earn the points to get the Tesaures DURING THE EVENTS), will, when an event ENDS (and so the Drops have no more POINTS VALUE), to became NOT SHARD BOUND, so one can search for, find and bring in his Home Shard the pieces he is collecting from ALL of the Sosaria Shards, EXACTLY as it was (and still is) until the Felloship Event drops.

And what Shard I (generic "I") play on, what the kind of game I play or where my Castle or Hut is, is no darn businnes of anyone than me (again: generic "me").

Is my explanation basic enough now?
    edited December 2021
    McDougle said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:
    One possible trend is to have 
    Shard bound with no durability limits
    Non-shard bound, but brittle

This seems like the case for some items. 
    You see, the point is that keeping the Events Drops SB even AFTER an Event (as so the "Trade Drops for Rewards" window) closes don't have ANY sense beside the ones to p*ss off "small" Event Armor Sets collectors and driving up as crazy inflation even in the Low Pop Shard... :|

Actually, I didn't play much of wildfire and now they are so expensive everywhere. One guy sell the ostard at 450m on my shard, just one. 

Exactly.

And the Ostard is a Reward, so it could have some far far away mininal & distorted sense, but I dare @ Kyronix & Co. to explain WHY, STILL NOW AFTER THESE EVENTS are LONG FINISHED, I can't move my Wildfire, of Ice & of the Three Armor Sets Drop (items that, as now, have a 99% PURELY DECO function) from, e.g., ATL to my Home Shard (where, as in every Low Pop Shard, of them there is NONE to be bought, as instead there is still a dribble of the pieces from the non SB Events as Cult, Enchanted Origin, Fellows & even Doom), or why I can't even to ever hope to procure the missing pieces to complete my collection sets somewhere else???

BUT they left the EXPLOIT-OBTAINED Wildfire Cloth Legit, se the few "lucky" that "casually" discoverd the EXPLOIT are lining their pocket (current prices for 10 (TEN) pieces of WF Cloth is around ***1 PLAT***)!

@ Mariah & Co., palse note that my rant is germane to the Thread Topic & Title (Fall Dynamic Events Discussion)...

Cheers
    Ivenor
    Why is your stuff on Atlantic if it's not your home shard shouldn't you have been playing there getting it?
    Because:
    1. Houses prices on ATL are INSANE (speaking of where the REAL Platinum is today);
    2. 90% of the Event drops (and of almost all the rest of the stuff) are on sale on ATL and no other Shard, and even that stuff has gone up 10x: 100.000/200.000 GPs for a Drop piece at the time of the last not bound Event (Felloship) vs 2/3 MILLIONS GPs today, bacause the Low Pop Shard players cannot anymore sell their stuff on the ATL Maket and no ATL player can go shopping in Low Pop Shards, and this make the local price on EVERY Shard go up;
    3. Differently from before, with Shard Bounding, there have been a drop in about 70% of the items on sale in 90% of the other Shards (why local people should farm more of what they need/want if the stuff insnon more sellable to the "tourist" from other Shards that were the mayority of the buyer before?
    4. As I wrote before, I've no time & no more interest in grinding dungeons.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited December 2021
    Where can I buy a wildfire ostard without paying for a bomb.   :(

I regretted not getting it because I trusted those who said shard bound is good for the economy, so it will be on cheap sale throughout the land and every shard I play. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:

I regretted not getting it because I trusted those who said shard bound is good for the economy, so it will be on cheap sale throughout the land and every shard I play. 

Yup, sure: the Shard Bounding is soooo good for the UO economy at the "normal player" level that, at last, it is no more tanking like the Titanic.

It is soaring... like the Hindemburg. :D

Ivenor said:
    Seth said:

Yup, sure: the Shard Bounding is soooo good for the UO economy at the "normal player" level that, at last, it is no more tanking like the Titanic.

The ozzy really a terrible example for this as once popped they are no longer shard bound...
    edited December 2021
    McDougle said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:

The ozzy really a terrible example for this as once popped they are no longer shard bound...

As I reapetead again and again, I'm speaking of the absurdity of having Shard Bounded the Events ARMOR DROPS (expecially AFTER the Event end), NOT of the Event REWARDS status...
    edited December 2021
    Ivenor said:
    McDougle said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:

As I reapetead again and again, I'm speaking of the absurdity of having Shard Bounded the Events ARMOR DROPS (expecially AFTER the Event end), NOT of the Event REWARDS status...
    Some are complaining that the shard bound items are "quickly" shipped off to Atlantic leaving nothing for the shard.

They might as well remove 14 year shard transfer and make this a free for all like a super Gate where every one can travel freely.

Or have a courier system for users to buy from Atlantic and then system re-create in the local shard. 

More supply should help lower the price a little but since they are game changers the epaulette and Balron armor will still be expensive without shard bound. 

The key to economy is more supply, not restrictions. If anyone argues about "economy", then open up free travel in all 20 over shards. Or make them obtainable in regular game content.

And on this topic, the other players should stop talking about EA revenue when they are not a shareholder.. whether EA is making money from character transfer or not etc. 

I pay to play the game.
    I am not paid to worry about their bottom line.
    Seth said:
    Ivenor said:
    McDougle said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:

(...)

The key to economy is more supply, not restrictions. If anyone argues about "economy", then open up free travel in all 20 over shards. Or make them obtainable in regular game content.

(...)
    THIS is right on center, IMO.

I wrote that I don't care about REWARDS being SB simply because personally I don't collect them, but, obviously, you are, IMO, totally right.

Ivenor said:
    Seth said:
    Ivenor said:
    McDougle said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:

(...)

(...)

I wrote that I don't care about REWARDS being SB simply because personally I don't collect them, but, obviously, you are, IMO, totally right.

I don't think sb vs nonnSB will ever agree we do have one example of closed shards i think people need to look at the economy on those shards...
    McDougle said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:
    Ivenor said:
    McDougle said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:

(...)

(...)

I don't think sb vs nonnSB will ever agree we do have one example of closed shards i think people need to look at the economy on those shards...

Yup, we can agree to disagree, that's acceptable for both, I think... :) ;)
    edited December 2021
    You can't apply Siege case to all shards. Make all shard like Siege and bye bye UO would have prematurely happen 10 years ago.

I would definitely be playing and posting about other games today, if not for shard transfer. That is the reason why I have 3 active accounts.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Friendly reminder: Hand in your Hythloth drops TODAY. This event ends at 0.01 am tomorrow morning.
    edited December 2021
    Mariah said:
    Friendly reminder: Hand in your Hythloth drops TODAY. This event ends at 0.01 am tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the note @Mariah ! :)

What I'm thinking now is "Let's hope that a lot of the hoarders forget the deadline, so from tomorrow the market shuold see a rise in AS Demonic Drops for sale (and a conseguent, even if small, fall in their prices), Drops that have lost their raison d'être in the optic of the hoarders that see them only as a mean to get the "Rewards...".

OK, I'm officialy a bad person... >:)  :p ;)

BTW - An advise for one of the next Event Reward: an "Ostard Delousing Tub". All those poor souls of CRAZY PRICED & SHARD BOUNDED Wildfire Ostard Statuettes stuck on Auction Safes on every Shard FROM MONTHS are IMO starting to have more that one bad case of the claps... :D

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    A frustrated player just recommended the next Dungeon have Ancient Wyrms with 5 Hell Hounds riding on their back. He may have been joking.

Hows that sound for Destard? @Kyronix
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Ivenor said:

I don't want any darn TESAURE, (i.e. the REWARDS of the Events, like the fragging lousy Ostards or whatever)! You can make Sub-Severs Bound for what I care...

I want that the DROPS of the Events (i.e. the ARMOR PIECES that one use to earn the points to get the Tesaures DURING THE EVENTS), will, when an event ENDS (and so the Drops have no more POINTS VALUE), to became NOT SHARD BOUND, so one can search for, find and bring in his Home Shard the pieces he is collecting from ALL of the Sosaria Shards, EXACTLY as it was (and still is) until the Felloship Event drops.

And what Shard I (generic "I") play on, what the kind of game I play or where my Castle or Hut is, is no darn businnes of anyone than me (again: generic "me").

Still not sure why you don't just play your own shard and work towards those drops yourself (which is what I ask from the start).

I literally was able to get every single armor piece I wanted (in multiples) just by playing the game. When I changed shards to less populated ones I was able to trade 2-3 random drops for the ones i wanted. What is so hard to comprehend here? 

Go play your own home shard to get these Shard Bound drops during the event. Stop trying to change the entire makeup of the game simply because you don't feel like playing your own shard to get them. There is a very simple solution to your "issue". Using the reason "it's nobody's business how you play" is probably the most selfish and lazy reason you could have given.
    Mariah said:
    ATL still has the vendor up (and Demonic Force spawn) and it's after server up too... for those who may not have turned in their drops yet
    edited December 2021
    keven2002 said:
    Ivenor said:

Still not sure why you don't just play your own shard and work towards those drops yourself (which is what I ask from the start).

I literally was able to get every single armor piece I wanted (in multiples) just by playing the game. When I changed shards to less populated ones I was able to trade 2-3 random drops for the ones i wanted. What is so hard to comprehend here? 

Go play your own home shard to get these Shard Bound drops during the event. Stop trying to change the entire makeup of the game simply because you don't feel like playing your own shard to get them. There is a very simple solution to your "issue". Using the reason "it's nobody's business how you play" is probably the most selfish and lazy reason you could have given.
    "Go play your own home shard"
    "playing your own shard to get them"

For some mysterious reson you feel to have the right to tell me not only how, but even where (and when, I suppose: should I respect a curefew too?) I have to play, and that I'm "selfish and lazy" if I don't do so, showing with it a basical inability to differentiate between remarks addressed ***TO THE DEVS*** and  criticism addressed ***TO OTHER PLAYERS***.

So, contrary to some other persons in the Thread, with a total diffent vision from mine about the beneifts, or lack of, of Shard Bounding, you show you total lack of argoments to substauin your thesis resorting to discriminatory name-calling and vaguely racist remarks, because I don't play a SANDBOX game in the way YOU feel is the ONLY ONE right.

I see that I've wasted my time replying to you, in the future I'll not repeat the same error.

BTW: "Stop trying to change the entire makeup of the game" is simply try to BRING IT BACK THE WAY IN WHICH IT WAS PLAYED FOR YEARS, and the end of which brought, in a single year, a 10x infationary rise IN ALL THE SHARDS.

But, silly me, that's argumenting on general issues and - GASP! - with DATA, so a little (a lot...) over the head of someone which core "argument" is "Go out of my playground and back in your backyard"... :D

Have a nice day.
    I.
    We skipped right over the two closed shards we need to focus only on the economic situation on these shards without debate about other factors. And the bottom line is the economy's are healthy without inflation..
    I stopped reading after you yet again missed the point.

Here is a summary of what we have:
    1. You are whining about getting drops on your own shard so you want Shard Bound to go away after the event.
    2. I've told you that the fix to this is simple and requires zero Dev interaction. Simply play the shard you want the drops.
    3. For some reason you cannot grasp that if you just played on your own shard that would solve your problem. Instead you want to go back and forth with me telling me "don't tell me how to play MY game".
    You are so dense it is painful. You want the entire setup of the game altered simply because you are too stubborn to play within the game mechanics (which are extremely easy to see in this case). You are extremely short sighted and are proving how little understanding you actually have for how a MMORPG (or even life) works.

What's next? You will say that you don't want to actually kill monsters for drops and there should be a clicky for you to get your drops? Because "you want to play your game however you want". Give me a break. 

Luckily the Devs understand that the "fix" here requires zero change and won't bother entertaining your silly idea given that the "fix" to your "issue" is as simple as play the shard where you want the drops.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    edited December 2021
    I think this has gone far enough.
    @Keven2002 & @Ivenor please stop with the personal attacks.
    edited December 2021
    I only read the above discussion briefly, and just want to add a few points regarding shard bound.

1) It does not really affect "active players" if they just play on one shard. Which is why majority are not complaining. The workaround is, go to every shard you play and get the artifacts.

2) We have the right to play in one shard or multi-shard. The predecessors designed a character transfer shield for this purpose. It is not illegal to play on multiple shards.

3) Some players hop around different shards in their region to participate in their EM event. I also do once a while. We prefer to have the same gear because some imbued armors are based on the overall stats. If one gear is different, we need to imbue a different piece.

The workaround is ofcourse -
    a) don't play multiple shards or
    b) go every shard that you play and get the item or
    c) don't change gear, stick to the old gear set.

Finally, there is one more workaround - don't play Ultima Online? That would be a critical impact, from trying to solve "economy" (but making it worse) to telling players "don't play multi-shard" or "quit" doing this or that.

What did Shard Bound really solve that we deserve to spend so much time talking about it, and need to have so many workaround?

I am not interested to argue further unless someone has clear benefits of Shard Bound that we can visibly see with solid evidence.

We are not stupid, if you tell me a medicine is bitter but it works - it better have results to show or its just bitter crap.
    edited December 2021
    Mariah said:
    @ Keven2002 & @ Ivenor please stop with the personal attacks.
    Thanks for the note, Mariah.

I'll no more, as I wrote, replying to @Keven2002 in the present Thread, considering that IMO he seems unable to keep the discussion at a "Topic" level whitout going on a personal one ("You must do such and such and play the game as I see is the right way", etc.: a too frequently sang spartito, alas...).
    Seth said:
    I only read the above discussion briefly, and just want to add a few points regarding shard bound.

1) It does not really affect "active players" if they just play on one shard. Which is why majority are not complaining. The workaround is, go to every shard you play and get the artifacts.

2) We have the right to play in one shard or multi-shard. The predecessors designed a character transfer shield for this purpose. It is not illegal to play on multiple shards.

3) Some players hop around different shards in their region to participate in their EM event. I also do once a while. We prefer to have the same gear because some imbued armors are based on the overall stats. If one gear is different, we need to imbue a different piece.

The workaround is ofcourse -
    a) don't play multiple shards or
    b) go every shard that you play and get the item or
    c) don't change gear, stick to the old gear set.

Finally, there is one more workaround - don't play Ultima Online? That would be a critical impact, from trying to solve "economy" (but making it worse) to telling players "don't play multi-shard" or "quit" doing this or that.

What did Shard Bound really solve that we deserve to spend so much time talking about it, and need to have so many workaround?

I am not interested to argue further unless someone has clear benefits of Shard Bound that we can visibly see with solid evidence.

We are not stupid, if you tell me a medicine is bitter but it works - it better have results to show or its just bitter crap.

Your words are pure gold! :) <3
    edited December 2021
    McDougle said:
    We skipped right over the two closed shards we need to focus only on the economic situation on these shards without debate about other factors. And the bottom line is the economy's are healthy without inflation..

Agreed! :)

The difference is that, for what we know, these Shards are TOTALLY CLOSED MARKETS, so the paragon to their inflationary situation doesn't apply to OPEN MARKETS with SELECTIVE CUSTOMS BLOCKS (i.e.: only SOME Items are Shards Bound in the Prodo Shards).
    edited December 2021
    Ivenor said:
    Mariah said:
    @ Keven2002 & @ Ivenor please stop with the personal attacks.
    Thanks for the note, Mariah.

I'll no more, as I wrote, replying to @ Keven2002 in the present Thread, considering that IMO he seems unable to keep the discussion at a "Topic" level whitout going on a personal one ("You must do such and such and play the game as I see is the right way", etc.: a too frequently sang spartito, alas...).
    You just can't help but to keep going. 

Point is - stop complaining when you are in control of the results. You want drops on your home shard then do the event.... on your home shard *gasp*. There is nothing else left to say because the Devs won't listen to your gripe when the fix is that simple. 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Why are Deco items shard bond from these events 
    how does this hurt anyone in uo ? 
    Are they over powered ? 
    So players that can’t participate this time But PAY to play have to go with out hmm very strange strategy to me it’s just DECO 

more IDOCs I guess 
    Less players I guess 

if something isn’t working for most companies they usually try to find a better solution by hire New leadership that can adapt/ change keep up with the current times/ paying customers 

shard bond items will not fix UO it will only increase the IDOCS / open land / empty shards 

Open yours eyes look around everything is dead 
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I play two shards - ATL and Legends. My castles are on Legends (obviously with ATL prices!) so I play enough there to get the Deco rewards but on Atlantic, I do most of my play because of the greater chance to get drops. 
  • KaranaKarana Posts: 3
    edited January 2022
    Would it be out of the realm of possibility to drop a new Etheral Mount as a reward to completing the new spawns and "Treasures of" events? One that cannot be retrieved anywhere else in game, tht is not a current Vet reward, and that is Account or Character specific so that they may not be traded/ sold/ vended etc..? Maybe require that "x" amount of kills during spawns must be met in addition to participating to kill the Champ... and for the "Treasures of" events, added to the Rewards list? I know we just got the ostard, however the ostard is a trainable mount/pet that must be claimed by tamers with appropriate skill... I am thinking an Ethy mount that any player build can ride...
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    edited October 2022
    Does Treasures of Archlich count as a Fall Dynamic event?  Thread has been stickied here for a year, so feels like appropriate place for feedback. 

My battle report for tonight:
    Jumped into Deceit dungeon on Atlantic around 11:30pm EST, about an hour or so after I heard it went live via Discord channels.  Brought my Sampire (bush, chiv, swords, tactics, parry, necro, resist), Uther Pendragon, that runs a plate suit, double slayer wep/cameo, 840 luck with statue.

There was a definitely already a crowd here on basically all levels.  Not super size crowd, but definitely large amount.   Despite there being a large amount of people, I found there to a very reasonable amount of spawn in all areas of the dungeon.  There was constantly something to fight, but not so much that I found it overwhelming. The amount of paragons seemed reasonable as well.  While there were some people dying here and there with normal course of fighting, I did not see any chains of paragons over running entire areas of the dungeon and causing mass panic of players running to escape.  Even the 'Ram Room' on level 4 that was always a bit difficult in the past.. there was good amount of people and good amount spawn to keep everyone busy enough to have something to fight, but not so much as to feel like Vietnam during Tet.   It seemed like a very clean start to me compared to past events where I felt like the Atlantic spawn was a bit light (or Destard which is in a category by itself).   

I got 16 drops during this hour, maybe more like an hour 15 given I lost track of when my luck statue ran out.  This was constant fighting with little to no breaks (or deaths!).   Wish the drop rate had been just a littttle bit higher, but given my sample size is so small right now, it's tough to judge until I give it a few more tries and can provide better insight.   Hopefully fortune potion will be back in the store. 

The start was a bit laggy.  Not "Day 1 Destard" laggy, but first ten minutes or so was a bit choppy.   It tapered off, but noticed the lag would come and go through out the hour I was down there.   Noticed a few good lag spikes near the end of my hour down there which is when the size of the crowd seemed to pick up a bit.  1st floor in particular seemed worse than others. 

The turn-in rewards person only had a few items on there - pages of lore and the items you can use to transmog other stuff on.  None of the newer artifacts were on the reward giver just yet.  Assuming that will come with server up tomorrow.    Rewards person says they will be there until 12/31 - so looks like we have three months to get what we need.

Last, no activity noted on Fel side yet.  Fingers crossed it will come to Atlantic and last the duration of the event.