Fall Dynamic Events Discussion

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Riner said:
    If there isn't going to be a transmogrification potion for belts I'd like to see stat's on the demon belt similar to Ozymandias' Obi. 

Hopefully the new belt isn't just a blank belt target ... unless it can be imbued :)

Something just like Ozy Obi would be missing an opportunity -- why just a re-skinned existing item?

Something new and unique:
    "balron slayer"
    +25LRC
    +5 SDI
    +10 DI
    Holds shuriken (so compatible w/ninja belt).
    I believe it was stated that we won't see the stats until we get it.
    so we won't know until then what it has...
    they didn't give us any spoilers for that

(I am hoping that it is a transmog piece...
    where you click it & target a belt slot item to consume its stats.
    but I doubt it)

I do know that people have asked if they were going to do another recipe for Tangle.
    And I believe it was  said it would be easier to introduce a new item, 
    rather than to use an existing item
  • I think all paras should have a drop. And people would be more prone to kill them instead of running them onto someone else or putting them behind doors. And making others kill them. 
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    BTW: Having the events Armor Sets Shard Bound was, still is and EVER will be the most HELOTIC UO developing choice in a long story of helotic ones.

Cheers
    Ivenor
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Ivenor said:
    BTW: Having the events Armor Sets Shard Bound was, still is and EVER will be the most HELOTIC UO developing choice in a long story of helotic ones.

Cheers
    Ivenor

Yup, I agree +100%, buut what is helotic?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited November 2021
    I hope they give the belt some new/different properties. Let's also hope is can be altered for Gargs.

I know some people don't mind same stats just a different look but reskinned items to me seem like a cop-out. Especially a belt that would likely be unnoticed on your toon unless you look at the paperdoll. 
    Seth said:
    Ivenor said:

Cheers
    Ivenor

Yup, I agree +100%, buut what is helotic?
    A more snob way to say m*r*nic... :D

In Italian we use to write ILOTA (Helot in English) when it isn't the case to write IDI*TA... ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helots
    One possible trend is to have 
    Shard bound with no durability limits
    Non-shard bound, but brittle

This seems like the case for some items. 
    Seth said:

This requires Common Sense and the decency to respect the play stile of the kind of players (small Armor Sets collectors) that don't bring the "big bucks" in the biz, all things that are clearly lacking by many years.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited November 2021
    Pawain said:
    And I thought smithing and tailoring bods were bad.
    Wait till you see Tinkering and Carpentry.
    Want to talk about Alchemy with a BOD that asks for 10, 15 or 20 Nexus Core when to craft 1 of them some 10 Mandrake Roots, 10 Spider Silk, 5 Dark Sapphires and 5 Crushed Glass are required ?

And as if that was not enough, at 100.0 Alchemy there is only a 33.4% chance to make one... which it means, loss of materials with fails...

https://www.uoguide.com/Nexus_Core

And how many points does a Nexus Core small BOD give ?

Only 110 points for a 10 pieces BOD, 125 points for a 15 pieces BOD,  or 150 points for a 20 pieces BOD which are good to get nothing, basically, for the materials invested in that BOD.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/alchemy/alchemy-bulk-orders/

Infact, players who get them usually discard them....

I think they should be beefed up, and quite a lot, in the points and, consequentially, Rewards that they can yield....
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    Want to talk about Alchemy with a BOD that asks for 10, 15 or 20 Nexus Core when to craft 1 of them some 10 Mandrake Roots, 10 Spider Silk, 5 Dark Sapphires and 5 Crushed Glass are required ?

And as if that was not enough, at 100.0 Alchemy there is only a 33.4% chance to make one... which it means, loss of materials with fails...

Only 110 points for a 10 pieces BOD, 125 points for a 15 pieces BOD,  or 150 points for a 20 pieces BOD which are good to get nothing, basically, for the materials invested in that BOD.

I think they should be beefed up, and quite a lot, in the points and, consequentially, Rewards that they can yield....
    There is no reason to craft some of the BODs. Be smart figure out which ones are worth the resources. 

All the bottled alchemy BODs work great and get nice rewards. Alchemy is one of the better ones.

You know the links. Be smarter than the BOD.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

There is no reason to craft some of the BODs. Be smart figure out which ones are worth the resources. 

All the bottled alchemy BODs work great and get nice rewards. Alchemy is one of the better ones.

Yep, No reason to do a lot of them. Then you get a 30% Talisman, coupled with a 10% Hygieia's Amulet, and it makes even the Low % ones much easier.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

That is not the point.

My point is about the inexplicability, at least for me, to spend Design resources to create BODs which hardly any player is interested in dealing with, because they are a lot more effort and cost for what they bring.

And leaving these BODs remain unused, because not "fixed", seems a waste to me....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    but @popps maybe there are players that do use these bods? how could you possibly know? and even if not and they are unused would it in fact be wise to waste yet more of the developers time to fix them ?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    but @ popps maybe there are players that do use these bods? how could you possibly know? and even if not and they are unused would it in fact be wise to waste yet more of the developers time to fix them ?
    How is "fixing" something which is broken wasting developers' time ?

Something that is broken (not worth the effort), players do not use.

Something that gets fixed by changing it so that it then is worth players' effort, then players would more likely use it...

Personally, I would not see the time spent for that "fix", when it makes that particular gameplay more likely for players to use it, as wasted time....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    but @ popps maybe there are players that do use these bods? how could you possibly know? and even if not and they are unused would it in fact be wise to waste yet more of the developers time to fix them ?

Something that gets fixed by changing it so that it then is worth players' effort, then players would more likely use it...

Personally, I would not see the time spent for that "fix", when it makes that particular gameplay more likely for players to use it, as wasted time....
    In this particular case you view this as broken because you view it as too hard and not worth the effort but there might be hundreds of other players who do like it ...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • McDougle said:
    popps said:
    McDougle said:

In this particular case you view this as broken because you view it as too hard and not worth the effort but there might be hundreds of other players who do like it ...
    QFB 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    popps said:
    McDougle said:

OK @popps this is now a bug and will be fixed after we fix the other 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 bugs first, please continue doing/ not doing them until that time.  Thank You for this valued input now on to your next fix.
    How do BODs tie in with Fall Events? Can someone explain?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    keven2002 said:
    How do BODs tie in with Fall Events? Can someone explain?

I can but try. In December we have the Artisan Festival during which BoDs are turned in to build the towns' Christmas trees and obtain some rather nice deco items. These trees require a significant number of BoDs, so it is a wise crafter who begins early and does not wait till the last minute.
    Only the 'bank' point number is counted and while I don't have an exact figure I believe the number of bank points required to complete a tree with star on top is around 23,000.
    Understood but @popps is talking about the rewards he gets for those BODs? Sounds like he's talking about crafting in general rather than any Fall Dynamic Event (ie Treasures Of / Champ Spawn mid Nov / some kind of other chain quest). I wouldn't think the Artisan Fest would be considered dynamic at all. It might be splitting hairs but I feel like @popps is just trolling on yet another thread. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    @popps every item that was in the craft menu at the launch of the new bod system was given a small bod. Some can be added to a large and some cannot. There is no 'bug' It simply requires the player to make a decision on which bods are cost effective and which should be declined. Please realise that Ultima Online is a game that requires players to make decisions, not have the developers do all the thinking for them. Also please post relevant to the topic of the thread.

@keven2002 It could be considered a thread hijack, so let's get the thread back on topic. I will undertake to remove any further off topic posts in the thread.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
     B) 
  • Regarding the Antique property... I don't use them because of the increased durability loss on combat...
    I would be ok with them having only the limited PoF usage, but having combat items being "bad" at being on combat is not something I enjoy having...
    I even switched my non-combat characters to mostly brittle items because they keep taking damage from random npcs outside my house without even fighting them...
    Seth said:

You see, the point is that keeping the Events Drops SB even AFTER an Event (as so the "Trade Drops for Rewards" window) closes don't have ANY sense beside the ones to p*ss off "small" Event Armor Sets collectors and driving up as crazy inflation even in the Low Pop Shard... :|
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:

You see, the point is that keeping the Events Drops SB even AFTER an Event (as so the "Trade Drops for Rewards" window) closes don't have ANY sense beside the ones to p*ss off "small" Event Armor Sets collectors and driving up as crazy inflation even in the Low Pop Shard... :|

Actually, I didn't play much of wildfire and now they are so expensive everywhere. One guy sell the ostard at 450m on my shard, just one. 
    edited December 2021
    Seth said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:

Actually, I didn't play much of wildfire and now they are so expensive everywhere. One guy sell the ostard at 450m on my shard, just one. 

Exactly.

And the Ostard is a Reward, so it could have some far far away mininal & distorted sense, but I dare @Kyronix & Co. to explain WHY, STILL NOW AFTER THESE EVENTS are LONG FINISHED, I can't move my Wildfire, of Ice & of the Three Armor Sets Drop (items that, as now, have a 99% PURELY DECO function) from, e.g., ATL to my Home Shard (where, as in every Low Pop Shard, of them there is NONE to be bought, as instead there is still a dribble of the pieces from the non SB Events as Cult, Enchanted Origin, Fellows & even Doom), or why I can't even to ever hope to procure the missing pieces to complete my collection sets somewhere else???

BUT they left the EXPLOIT-OBTAINED Wildfire Cloth Legit, se the few "lucky" that "casually" discoverd the EXPLOIT are lining their pocket (current prices for 10 (TEN) pieces of WF Cloth is around ***1 PLAT***)!

@Mariah & Co., palse note that my rant is germane to the Thread Topic & Title (Fall Dynamic Events Discussion)...

Cheers
    Ivenor
    edited December 2021
    So far those who supported only says its "good" but zero contribution to what are the tangible benefits. Except maybe for the few who are selling the items for cash, low stock, rare items, good money!
    @Ivenor - Why did you go to ATL to do Treasures of events then instead of your own shard that you wanted the pieces? I'm guessing it's because you wanted to sell all of your drops / rewards when you could (keeping a few pieces) and then Xfer the money back to your home shard? 

These treasures events (every one except maybe Deceit) have all been long enough where you can go make your money on ATL like you have been and then complete your suits on your home shard. I've done that for each event myself (except for Deceit). There have been a few times where I would trade a few pieces (while the event was going on) for the one I needed; even on low pop shards.

Let's stop acting like it's some big travesty that these items remain shard bound. If it's really such an issue having these items on your home shard then stop being greedy trying to make plats from ATL. You can't always have your cake and eat it too :) 
    edited December 2021
    keven2002 said:
    @ Ivenor - Why did you go to ATL to do Treasures of events then instead of your own shard that you wanted the pieces? I'm guessing it's because you wanted to sell all of your drops / rewards when you could (keeping a few pieces) and then Xfer the money back to your home shard? 

These treasures events (every one except maybe Deceit) have all been long enough where you can go make your money on ATL like you have been and then complete your suits on your home shard. I've done that for each event myself (except for Deceit). There have been a few times where I would trade a few pieces (while the event was going on) for the one I needed; even on low pop shards.

Let's stop acting like it's some big travesty that these items remain shard bound. If it's really such an issue having these items on your home shard then stop being greedy trying to make plats from ATL. You can't always have your cake and eat it too :) 
    Me making Platimum? WADR, you have no idea of how the things really are and where the Platinum really is and of who eated my cake, box, candles and all...  :'( :D

1. I'm, at the moment maybe, who knows in the future, nor interested in the PvP neither the PvM aspects of the UO ***SANDBOX*** game, for which I PAY my montly sub fees;
    2. I don't have the time nor the inclination for endless (IMO, boringly ripetitive) Dungeon grinding sessions (PLEASE NOTE: this is ONLY MY TASTE, NOT a judgement on the "validity" of other players palystyles);
    3. I like mainly the Deco aspect of the UO ***SANDBOX*** game, for which I PAY my montly sub fees;
    4. of the Deco aspect of the UO ***SANDBOX*** game, for which I PAY my montly sub fees, what I like the most is collecting and displaying Armor Sets;
    5. I had a "Mom & Pop" level inter-shard trading service: I bought items (guess what: mainly AS pieces) on Low Pop Shards and sold them on ATL (or, sometime, the other way around), making a decent profit on this trade routes ("geee, look: a not-corporate capitalist! KILL HIM, KILL HIM!!!");
    6. This biz allowed me to rise the GPs I needed, between other things, to enlarge my AS collection (thre were NO Plats there, believe me);
    7. The introduction of the Shard Bounding of the EVENT LEVEL Drops (please remebrer: the EM LEVEL Drops - where, beside real estate on ATL, the REAL heavy platinum is, still are - and I SINCERELY HOPE, for the benefit of both who trades and of who collects them, it will FOREVER be - NOT SBounded), DESTROYED singlehandly the way I like to play the UO ***SANDBOX*** game for which I PAY my montly sub fees, EXPECIALLY considering that, IMO with no rime & no reason, the Event Drops SBounding LASTS AFTER THE redeemeabilty of the Event Drops ENDS
    8. I'm replying to your post (notwithsanding its implicit negative "moral" judgment on my playstyle - and, please, we are between adults here, so are all well aware of what the "metacomunicative level of a message" is) out of courtesy - but this has been said ad nauseam: "It Desn't Exist a "Right" Way to Play a ***SANDBOX*** game like UO, and decisions that negatively affects the pleasure of gaming for what it is a sensible chunck of the play (& PAY) base, are, IMO, myopic AT BEST.
    9. To sum it up: I RESPECT THE RULES (I don't use cheat, I don't farm AFTKB, I don't use expolits, I don't use "illegal" 3D party software at EM events or PvP, I don't multibox at EM events, etc., so I'm ENTITLED (yes, I used the wretched E-word) to be free to play the UO ***SANDBOX*** game for which I PAY my montly sub fees AS I DARN LIKE, and, IMO, if the Devs interfere with it TOTALLY changing the rules, I have any reasion to feel roially pixed off and to expect to recieve a SENSATE reason for that choice, not a simple "because we decieded so".

Cheers
    Ivenor
    What are you talking about? I couldn't get any valid argument out of your post aside from UO is a sandbox game.Nobody is telling you to pay to play and nobody said anything about paying a fee so what are you talking about? 

My post was very simple. If you want to have these Treasure of items on your home shard then play your home shard for the event and stop doing it on ATL shard (OR move to ATL and make it your home). 

You seem to be eluding to the Devs changing the rules on you but the treasure of items have always been shard bound and YOU are requesting they change that rule so you are seemingly conflicting your own request with your last post.